Deleted

Different Price, Same congifurations?

So there are these two different X51 alienwares from Argos and the Actual website, but i can't actually tell if their the same desktop, im assuming the one on the alienware site must be better, but well i have looked at the actual specifications and it all looks the same to me

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

these are the two different websites...which one is better?

PLEASE no Alienware Bashing, or telling me to build my own desktop, ive looked around and this one is perfect for me due to the mobility as i travel alot and i dont want to build my own desktop

Thanks!

Deleted
    perhaps one is inclusive VAT and the other without? speccs are identical.

side note how does one call a brick of 5.5 Kg mobile? (perhaps high end laptop segment is more what you should look into or is that too expensive?)

also there are better pre-built option out there beyond alienware. (for UK i'd recommend 3scan custom systems)

Looks identical to me. Dell usually are pretty expensive on their site though. My monitor costs almost 50% more from their site than any other store.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    I have a maximum spend of £1000, i call it mobile as its about the size of an xbox 360, so i can fit it in my bag, weight isnt what makes it mobile for me, just size , I personally like Alienware, my last laptop lasted me 3 years, and would still be working very well if i hadnt spilt soup on it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    I have a maximum spend of £1000, i call it mobile as its about the size of an xbox 360, so i can fit it in my bag, weight isnt what makes it mobile for me, just size , I personally like Alienware, my last laptop lasted me 3 years, and would still be working very well if i hadnt spilt soup on it :P
    Are you going to put a monitor, mouse and keyboard in your bag as well? Personally I wouldn't want to be carrying around a desktop computer like that, they're not really made for that stuff.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    The places i go to i have homes, with a basic monitor i can use, mouse can easily fit in my bag, and keyboard in my luggage ^.^, so is it reccomended to buy it off the argos site, rather than the alienware site?

Deleted
    The places i go to i have homes, with a basic monitor i can use, mouse can easily fit in my bag, and keyboard in my luggage ^.^, so is it reccomended to buy it off the argos site, rather than the alienware site?
    well yes but only in the sense of it being the cheaper of the same evil.

Deleted
    Are these the same aswell? Even though they are the same price, amazon is a bit more reliable, and easier to order from

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alienware-X5...8785970&sr=8-1

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5074880.htm

The one from amazon seems to have 16GB of RAM while the one from argos has 8GB of RAM. The other specs seem to be the same.

Deleted
    So the Amazon one is actually better?

So the Amazon one is actually better?
    It seems that way. Even though the extra RAM won't make a difference for you, it's still more for the same amount of money.
    Last edited by stalkerzzzz; 2013-01-21 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    thanks man, Amazon one it is! still surprised its £100 less than from alienware itself though :P

Deleted
    However Amazon has £85 devivery and argos is pick up in store for free.

Argos is awesome for everything!

Deleted
    Argos is indeed out of stock for delivery, check with your local store by giving them a ring. If you live in a big city in the UK you might have better luck.

Failing that, the Amazon deal is the second best option.

Deleted
    where does it state the 85£ delivery charge? :O

where does it state the 85£ delivery charge? :O

£895.00 + £84.88 UK delivery
    In stock. Sold by HIDevolution UK

Just above the add to basket button.

Deleted
    Im a Londoner, so Argos is no problem hehe