Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 29 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just managed to down this with 487 ilevel gear after about 40 wipes. These are the steps I took.
    Talents: soul leech, shadowfury, sac pact, burning rush, grim sac (sac the imp), kjc

1. Summon a gateway from the right centre of the circle to the left front side of the circle near the gateway
    2. Summon a portal behind the pillar to the left of the giant demon gate
    3. Pop dark soul and go through your opener at the start (use doomguard here), I brought him down to about 93-94%
    4. When the pitlord is about to appear spam your /target pit lord /cast enslave demon macro (make sure you have the enslave demon glyph)
    5. Keep nuking the boss while standing near a gateway, when he starts to cast anything use your charge and then use the stun to hop through your gateway. Keeping the boss aggro on the pitlord will stop the first chaos bolt and first cataclysm. When he starts casting curse of doom charge him again (make your whenever you charge you pop 1-2 chaos bolts). Remember to keep using the /use [(at sign)name] Fel Flame Breath macro to dispel your debuffs and use singe magic if its on cd.
    6. When he starts moving to summon the wild imps, command your demon to move in front of the portal, jump through the gateway to stop aggro and then rain of fire + fel flame breath with you standing right on top of the imps, you can fnb the imps down, shadowfury and/or or spam chaos bolts at the boss. After the imps go down, charge the cataclysm and then command your pit lord to move the back right, make sure you heal and dispel while hes moving. While this is happening he will start summoning the felhunters, try and leave both your conflag charges for this and use the gateway to get to the left side of the portal. Pop dark soul. When the first felhunter appears cast immolate and conflagrate followed by havoc, chaos bolt the second felhunter you should have a backlash by now, shadowfury the first two down. While you are burning/almost finished with the last felhunter he will start casting chaos bolt, as the 2nd felhunter dies command your pitlord to return to you, use your portal to los the chaos bolt while finishing off the last felhunter, resummon the demonic portal (if you los the chaos bolt and don't move your pitlord it'll be too far and enslave demon will be removed)
    7. Keep nuking until he starts summoning the doom lord, use a /target Pit Lord /script PetDismiss() macro and the enslave macro to refresh enslave. Go through the gateway to remove aggro and stand between the boss and the gate. When the doom lord appears use a breath on yourself and the pit lord will aggro the doom lord.
    8. Repeat the previous steps for the 2nd imp and felhunter phases, chaos bolts may come up during these phases just ember tap, pop sacrificial pact (at full hp), twilight ward and unending resolve if needed. POP A PURIFICATION POTION IT WILL REMOVE DOOM AND GIVE YOU ANOTHER 7 MINUTES.
    9. Keep the 2nd doom lord banished
    10. Burn through the 3rd imp phase as fast as you can, pop dark soul and burn the boss down, try to save your shadowfuries for the 100% extra damage after charge. It will be difficult if you can't dps him down by the 3rd felhunters phase.

note: black holes may randomly appear and screw you over, burning rush can help you get out of them faster, remember to keep using demonic siphon to keep you up, remember to keep dispelling or you'll get the annoying imp that stuns you periodically

Deleted
    i finally did it. after getting so many hints and tips here, i feel like i have to contribute as well:

when kanrethad summons the felhunters put a rain of fire on the portal and send your pit lord behind it. he wont get devoured there mostly, maybe once in ten tries, and then kind of late in the felhunter phase. makes the fight really much easier. oh yeah and USE HAVOC

good luck to you
    Last edited by mmoc6ad4d7937b; 2013-03-08 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    Gave up after a few tries in my crappy LFR gear :P I'll just zerg it at the end of the expansion, it's only green fire..

Finally killed him after so many hours of wiping to random RNG stuns and misplays. Was worth it TBH. Few tips that made it possible:
    - RoF the portal when kanrethad summons fel pups, immo + conflag the first one, havoc it and cast chaos bolt on the 2nd one, finish the second one with shadowburn. Kill the 3rd one normally (immo + conflag etc). While doing all this I kited the fel pups behind the corner thats on each side of the portal. Few times the pit lord enslave got dispelled but I still managed to kill the fel pups in time to shield the massive chaos bolt.

- I could easily take around 10% hp from the boss with chaos bolts cast on pit lord charges. Charge the boss when youre about to finish the first cast and cast another one before the debuff ends.

I got boss down to 20% when the 2nd imp set spawned. I just generated 4 embers, popped the doom guard and burned the boss down with shadowburns during the charge debuff.

How quickly you kill the boss really comes down to the charge uses. I just tried to keep the charge uptime as big as possible by using it almost every CD if cataclysm wasnt the next thing he would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fnally menaged to execute right strategy and was lucky enough kill him. Abusing charge from pitlord is the way to do it if you want to burn it during 2nd imp phase with endless shadowburns. Must say its one of the most enjoyable quest lines i did xD

unfortunatly dreadstead isnt green ;<

Is anyone else randomly getting void zones that slow and pull you towards their centers during the fight? I've noticed most attempts I get these, and I've seen a few videos that didn't have them. Wondering if this is RNG or Blizzard just hates me and let a bug slip through.

I finally managed to defeat him.

After COUNTLESS wipes (i never played destro before, not even 4fun), 12 hours of trys and i got it.
    I managed to do it by abusing charge like everyone else said (but be carefull with cataclysm).
    Before reading about the charge abuse thing i was stuck on 10~20% and enrage..
    If wasn't for you guys going with hints and tips i couldn't do it. Thanks everyone!

One thing i can add to low lvl geared players like me (491, no weapon metagem):
    Use glyph of enslave demon, start the fight and imediatelly charge, repeat after to break chaos bolt (need to be fast and spam).
    On talents, go for Soul Leech, Shadow Fury, SacPact and Kill Jaeden.

I have done LOTS of macros, the one i used the most was sacrificial pact + siphon life from pit before every fellpuppy wave.
    Also, pokeadott macro for breath of fel flame is a MUST.
    And the whole thing is way WAY WAAAAAAAY easier with destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotdabow View Post
    Is anyone else randomly getting void zones that slow and pull you towards their centers during the fight? I've noticed most attempts I get these, and I've seen a few videos that didn't have them. Wondering if this is RNG or Blizzard just hates me and let a bug slip through.
    It's the effect from the Seed of Destruction when it detonates, keep dispelling and it wont happen.

And yeah, this thing does seem easier as Destruction, wasted most of my evening last night before caving and picking the spec up. Hopefully with some macros that actually work I can get it done tonight.

Seems the idea of 'knowing the class' and 'not something you can pick up by looking at wowhead' went by the wayside in designing it though.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-03-08 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 days of farming and it just dropped. On to the quest!

Got it down after about 25 attempts......eugh.

Really wasn't bad except for the puppies and that goddamned little Imp. Would rather have the void zone than that little bastard.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-03-08 at 03:20 PM.

First time I got past the felhunters, I killed him. Pretty fun, but wasnt the dreadsteed supposed to also be green?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    First time I got past the felhunters, I killed him. Pretty fun, but wasnt the dreadsteed supposed to also be green?
    not now, but blizz said maybe in 5.3.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    also wings from dark apotheosis glyph remain purple...balls ;<

Deleted
    I'm frustrated with the fact that once you get to Illidan's Plateau, there's no repair options at all. You have to port out of there, possibly leaving behind the scenario steps you've taken, only to redo it all once more! :l Have yet to find out!

Deleted
    2nd pull as Destro 1st was Affliction i wiped when Felpuppies came , due to long killing time on puppies while Boss casted Chaos Bolt and i missed it.

Good Luck

Got it last night after about 40 attempts, very challenging, but very rewarding encounter. I had never played the new Destro Spec before so it was quite a steep learning curve for me. Here are my tips:

- Learn Destro

- Make macro's for enslaving the Pit Lord, banishing the Doom Lord and for all of the Pit Lords abilities. I found a /petmoveto macro useful for sending my Pit Lord away as well.

- Pop Dark Soul off the bat, save the second for Felhunter phase (unless you have your 4 piece)

- Abuse the shit out of your Pit Lords abilities. This is the main mechanic of the fight and the only way to constantly keep yourself dispelled and healed.

- Use Soulshatter, Twilight Ward, and Singe (Imp Sac ability) on CD

- Use Sac Pact for Chaos Bolts if close to full health, otherwise take your Gateway to LoS (SacPact was up for every single Chaos Bolt as I recall, however the Gateway is a very good "oh shit" ability)

- Expend all Embers preceding the Imp phase and make sure you are on top of their spawn location; when they spawn use the Pit Lords Charge on them, Breath yourself, throw down a few RoF's, FnB Immolate, FnB Conflagrate and they should go down fairly fast.

- Send your Pit Lord out to the edge of the room after the Cataclysm that precedes the Felhunter phase (there are alternatives to this, however this is the safest and most reliable strategy IMO)

- Save all Embers for the Felhunter phase (this is the hardest phase to learn IMO) Immolate -> Chaos Bolt the first Felhunter, Havoc the second, Chaos Bolt -> Immolate the third and then nuke them down before the Pit Lord reaches you. If the Pit Lord does come into range of you and the Felhunters are still alive you can spam your Enslave Pit Lord macro while spamming the Pit Lords heal ability so you get a heal right away before a Felhunter removes your Enslave, giving you some breathing room to nuke down the remaining Felhunter(s).

- I saved my Doomguard for 20% because I was getting the boss down to <10% on the second Doom Lord phase (I just ignored the second Doom Lord and nuked the boss at this point, however if your DPS is not as high you may have to take care of him)

- Talents: Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Sac Pact, Unbound Will (useful for dispelling when Breath is on CD or when you send your Pit Lord away), GrimSac (sac Imp for the dispell), KJC

- Glyphs: Enslave Demon, Siphon Life and Healthstone were the ones that seemed the most helpful
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-03-08 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    I'm frustrated with the fact that once you get to Illidan's Plateau, there's no repair options at all. You have to port out of there, possibly leaving behind the scenario steps you've taken, only to redo it all once more! :l Have yet to find out!
    Rest assured, you do not lose your progress even if you leave the instance group for the scenario. If you re-queue for it, you'll get taken right back to the summit.

Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    You can leave to repair however many times you want/need. Just go back to where you queue'd for the scenario in the first place and it'll bring you back to the last part.

Edit: ._. beat by a minute, damn you Amahlia...

Deleted
    And in an all of a sudden I start to take an insane amount of damage from SOMETHING usually when I port behind a pillar or so- not standing in stuff, only having the debuffs on me I get from time to time :l? It's absolutely insane- I start dropping from 100% to 80- 40- 10- dead.

Finally got mine from Haywire after about 50 rare spawn kills