Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 34 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah, I was affliction for it.

Don't get why people would recommend destro, unless I'm missing something. Affliction gave me enough damage to down him without having to deal with a second felhunter phase, which is the nastiest part of the encounter.

Deleted
    omg Im going insane.....50wipes already... Im ilvl 501 so teh dmg is not teh problem but those felpups are fucking me most of teh times at the 2nd time they come..

Frustrating wipes are when you port away from CB and then this voidzone shit spawns under you and kicks you out and cb insta gibs you...*mad* but aready got him to 6% few more trys and he will go down..

One more tip for dps problems is respeccing for GoServ which is a good dps boost also siphon life glyphe is mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    omg Im going insane.....50wipes already... Im ilvl 501 so teh dmg is not teh problem but those felpups are fucking me most of teh times at the 2nd time they come..

Frustrating wipes are when you port away from CB and then this voidzone shit spawns under you and kicks you out and cb insta gibs you...*mad* but aready got him to 6% few more trys and he will go down..

One more tip for dps problems is respeccing for GoServ which is a good dps boost also siphon life glyphe is mandatory

This is how I dealt with them at 493ilvl.

Do the first imp - 2nd imp phase normally, keeping the Doom Lord banished. Soon as the damage debuff from interrupting Cataclysm falls off, head down the stairs at the entrance and park the Pit Lord on the lord part of the stairs (not all the way at the bottom. This will prevent imps from splitting). Not long after you arrive, the Doom Lord will free from Banish, so rebanish when it arrives. The Fel pups will dispel the pit lord ONCE, so enslave him again right away. The felhunters will now keep trying to dispel w/ LOS stopping it. Unbanish the doomlord after you enslave and start nuking it down.

A second doom lord will show up, banish that one and go back to killing the other, using the Pit Lord abilities to help. When imp spawn happens, move the pit lord over when they arrive to help with the aoe. They die quickly so get back on the old doom lord if it isn't dead yet. Now, once the first doom lord is dead, rinse and repeat on the other. Only imp summons happen now, so don't worry about more dogs or doom lords.

Once the doom lord is dead, clear out the incoming imps and go up to banish a felhunter and fear one. Kill the 2 quickly and head back down to handle incoming imps/cataclysm (which btw wont hit you if you're on the bottom half of the stairs). Once the imp wave is cleared, kill the last felhunter, bring up the pit lord and prepare to interrupt cataclysm again. Burn down boss and kill imps in the process. DO NOT FORGET TO DROP A NEW DEMONIC CIRCLE TO LOS CHAOS BOLT.

To do it this way, you need a purification potion to remove curse of ultimate doom around the 6:50 mark (just before it pops). He won't put a new one on you until you go up to kill the last fel pups minutes down the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post

That's because you're not dispelling the SOC thing he casts on you, the pit lords breath + GOSAC imp should be enough to prevent any of those.

Just stand with the boss inbetween you and the pitlord, then whenever he uses the breath it hits you and the boss.

There's also no reason to dps the doom lords, just make your pitlord hit the first one for a few seconds and banish the second one (if you get it), though with anything above 500 ilevel it should be possible to kill the boss long before that spawns.

anyone know if we are able to re-aquire the tome after completing the questline for the purpose of selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    That's because you're not dispelling the SOC thing he casts on you, the pit lords breath + GOSAC imp should be enough to prevent any of those.

Just stand with the boss inbetween you and the pitlord, then whenever he uses the breath it hits you and the boss.

There's also no reason to dps the doom lords, just make your pitlord hit the first one for a few seconds and banish the second one (if you get it), though with anything above 500 ilevel it should be possible to kill the boss long before that spawns.
    It actually took me a few attempts of being raped by that thing to figure out what was causing it. Once I figured it out, the fight got so much easier.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:29 PM ----------

anyone know if we are able to re-aquire the tome after completing the questline for the purpose of selling?
    I believe so, yes. Hell, I just want to do the fight again. Truly an amazing bit of PVE.

Don't get why people would recommend destro, unless I'm missing something. Affliction gave me enough damage to down him without having to deal with a second felhunter phase, which is the nastiest part of the encounter.
    How did you manage the Essence of Order as Affliction? I had to switch to Demo because it seemed close to impossible.

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finally managed to kill the final boss early this morning. Wiped alot, but in the end it was worthy
    Killed him as destru and with 488ilvl. Used food, flask and potions.

I'm sure I can get this with my gear, as others with lesser gear have managed, but ffs even being higher ilvl than them I can't afford to make a single mistake. And it is just one mistake that kills me each time. Too slow with a target switch or a stun/fear, forgetting to pool Conflags, and I can't get the Felhunters down in time to save myself from the Chaos Bolt during that part.

I've only gotten past the first set of felpups maybe three/four times in close to five hours of attempts. Two of them I got to execute range, others I died to stupid shit.

I don't see how I could handle the pups without Havoc but maybe I'll give this a go as Afflic just for a change of pace.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted

It is possible in all 3 specs as long as you keep track of what's going on.
    Demo is quite easy as you get pit lord buffed and he does more dmg by being your pet, aoe is a joke as demo you get the fury so fast to dump zerg Kanrethad while being in melee range for immolation aura and getting dispelled by Pit lords Breath.
    Downside of Demo is mana as you must life tap every 4-5 Soul Fires.

Affliction is also very doable as well as you maintain dots all over the place and corruption will keep you always full HP%
    Downside of affliction is very limited when you charge boss with Pit Lord during the stunn you will get just 1 haunt with 2 max 3 malefic grasps on boss to benefit from it, and aoe struggles when imps are active or puppies dispell Pit Lord ( can be avoided by moving Pit Lord to distance from Fel Puppies.)
    Also if you dont have 3 Soul shards during Felpuppies phase you will end up hard casting dots to kill them.

Why destro

1 Chaos bolt during stunn on Boss = 700 - 1+ mil up to 3 Chaos bolts if you precasted 1 as boss was casting cataclysm and it was landed the time he was Stunned by Pit Lord. so ~2+ Mil dmg in that periiod.
    Imp phase is where you will get full embers as you aoe them wil FnB.
    FelPuppies phase the 1st Felpuppy spawn u cast 1 CB and a conflagrate that will Line with 1 Shadowburn = 2 embers gained and 3stacks of Backdraft to Havoc the 2nd Fellpupy as u cast CB on 3rd that just spawn followed by stunn to not let them cast any devour neither on you or Pit Lord followed by Shadowburns to end up with that phase on full embers.
    Destro will end up killing Imps and Felpuppies faster than the rest of 2 specs.
    Also Ember tap is another healing on demand.

Did with all 3 specs in PTR Destro was/is the strongest out of all 3 for that specific fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm sure I can get this with my gear, as others with lesser gear have managed, but ffs even being higher ilvl than them I can't afford to make a single mistake. And it is just one mistake that kills me each time. Too slow with a target switch or a stun/fear, forgetting to pool Conflags, and I can't get the Felhunters down in time to save myself from the Chaos Bolt during that part.

I've only gotten past the first set of felpups maybe three/four times in close to five hours of attempts. Two of them I got to execute range, others I died to stupid shit.

I don't see how I could handle the pups without Havoc but maybe I'll give this a go as Afflic just for a change of pace.
    save your conflag x2 when this phase is coming. get 6/6 backlash right as they start to spawn. Put havoc on the first one and chaos bolt him. By the time your chaos bolt casts the 2nd one will be up switch to this one and chaosbolt it twice. At this point felhunte #2 should be dead or shadowburnable. The first one should also be dead via havoc or close to it shadowburn it if its not. The third one should be up and you should have atleast 2 embers to chaos bolt it twice conflag/shadowburn to finish it. Be ready to gateway out of los right as this one dies. At this point the boss will be able ready to cast cataclysm. Stun him. Then after that clear your debuffs with his flame breathe. Now you are in a between phase. This is where you want to manually dismiss your pitlord shadowfury him then re-enslave. This allows you to have him longer and his enslave wont fall off in a bad time (Before i did the manual dismiss re-enslave, it would fall off during 2nd felpups without them devouring it which is game over pretty much) Hope this helps gl!

-ilvl 480
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Finally Killed him the main thing that helped me was the tip to drop RoF on the dogs to keep them from dispelling the pit lord. I played it safe and went until the 3rd imp phase and then had infinite shadowburns to nuke him super fast. Killing that was more satisfying than any server firsts I've gotten. I did want to break everything in sight before i got the dogs down. Keep your heads up if your still trying guys and try not to homerow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yix4eySVHdM) anyone.

also dont bother ccing the doomguards. Just have your pitlord gain agro on them and its cake. No need to try to juggle cc on 2 of them and do everything else in the fight
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    How did you manage the Essence of Order as Affliction? I had to switch to Demo because it seemed close to impossible.
    I don't remember it doing anything. I had GOSUP Voidwalker tank it and slowly rotated around the boss whenever it cast that fire-line. Only other thing I remember it casting was some AOE that wasn't a problem, don't think I even needed to heal my pet, just dpsed the boss down pretty quickly and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    Affliction is also very doable as well as you maintain dots all over the place and corruption will keep you always full HP%
    Downside of affliction is very limited when you charge boss with Pit Lord during the stunn you will get just 1 haunt with 2 max 3 malefic grasps on boss to benefit from it, and aoe struggles when imps are active or puppies dispell Pit Lord ( can be avoided by moving Pit Lord to distance from Fel Puppies.)
    Also if you dont have 3 Soul shards during Felpuppies phase you will end up hard casting dots to kill them.
    Hm?
    There's nothing really to maintain dots on, just the boss most of the time.
    I had zero issues with bursting the boss down during the charges, afflictions ability to apply potent dots before the charge and still benefit them means you can do huge damage - the boss was dead before the second felhunter phase, I've no idea how the other specs do - but considering the amount of posts griping about the second felhound phase / more than one doom lord, I'd imagine that was a fairly decent time. Affliction can absolutely melt the boss in the charges.
    Imps are likewise a none issue - 1 SB:SOC was all I ever had to cast on them and then I was back on the boss, the few that survived were just extra HP and SS for me via DS + glyph.
    The only minor problem I had as affliction was one or two attempts where I didn't burst the felhounds down quick enough - but on the kill I had 1 or 2 shards up on my felhound phase, I was able to burst the first hound down before the second one spawned and be up to 4 again, a shadow nova meant it didn't even get to melee range. A bigger problem was simply how far you had to move the pit lord away from the boss / hounds - sometimes he was too slow and fat to get back to the boss and charge for the cataclysm.

Affliction, in my opinion, really seemed to have the perfect toolset for the encounter.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-03-09 at 09:10 PM.

I don't remember it doing anything. I had GOSUP Voidwalker tank it and slowly rotated around the boss whenever it cast that fire-line. Only other thing I remember it casting was some AOE that wasn't a problem, don't think I even needed to heal my pet, just dpsed the boss down pretty quickly and that was that.

Hm?
    There's nothing really to maintain dots on, just the boss most of the time.
    I had zero issues with bursting the boss down during the charges, afflictions ability to apply potent dots before the charge and still benefit them means you can do huge damage - the boss was dead before the second felhunter phase, I've no idea how the other specs do - but considering the amount of posts griping about the second felhound phase / more than one doom lord, I'd imagine that was a fairly decent time. Affliction can absolutely melt the boss in the charges.
    Imps are likewise a none issue - 1 SB:SOC was all I ever had to cast on them and then I was back on the boss, the few that survived were just extra HP and SS for me via DS + glyph.
    The only minor problem I had as affliction was one or two attempts where I didn't burst the felhounds down quick enough - but on the kill I had 1 or 2 shards up on my felhound phase, I was able to burst the first hound down before the second one spawned and be up to 4 again, a shadow nova meant it didn't even get to melee range. A bigger problem was simply how far you had to move the pit lord away from the boss / hounds - sometimes he was too slow and fat to get back to the boss and charge for the cataclysm.

Affliction, in my opinion, really seemed to have the perfect toolset for the encounter.
    Huh... Well, I've never played Affliction before, but I just absolutely cannot beat him as Destro. Not to ask for too much hand-holding, but could you maybe go into a bit more detail on how Affliction could handle those imps? Those imps absolutely eat me alive within seconds unless I'm spamming Ember Tap as Destro, how do you down them quickly enough to avoid getting butchered?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Huh... Well, I've never played Affliction before, but I just absolutely cannot beat him as Destro. Not to ask for too much hand-holding, but could you maybe go into a bit more detail on how Affliction could handle those imps? Those imps absolutely eat me alive within seconds unless I'm spamming Ember Tap as Destro, how do you down them quickly enough to avoid getting butchered?
    Put the Pit Lord on them. His cleave + breath melts them with your own AOE there too. Also, a Shadowfury helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    For affliction to the add phase.
    Imps: SoulBurn SoC on 1 of the imps , fel flame it to detonate it when you have most of them spawned Shadowfury so you wont let them cast anything for those 3 sec and while SoC is already spreading corruption , this will keep you healed up to full while you have the glyph.

Felpuppies: SoulBurn Soul swap the 1st felpuppy followed by haunt and str8 away Drain soul to get it killed and gain 4 shards by 1st Puppy, SB:SS 2nd fellpuppy + haunt on it SB:SS on 3rd + haunt and drain soul that the 2nd will die same time as this if not dead already.

For Destro to the add Phase.
    Imps :Rain of Fire FnB immolate and FnB Incin , you are full embers already so you can cast more FnB incins if they are not dead.

Felpuppies : Chaos bolt 1st Puppy as it spawns + conflagrate + shadow burn , you have 3backdraft to Havoc 2nd Puppy as u cast CB on 3rd + conflagrate and shadowburn.

@ Nagassh

yea i meant for the imp phase , you can just let them die by the corruption only about have dots all over the place.
    Last edited by mmoce51f3e626c; 2013-03-09 at 10:11 PM.

Is the fight even doable on my warlock? I just got the Tome so I haven't started it yet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aixedox/simple

Ok, finally got it, but I died at the last second. My fire is green but I got no quest completion, anyone else with this problem?

i'm just gonna wait till next expansion and then come back to face fuck him. no sense in doing something this hard and making what should be a fun experience so annoying.