Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 73 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's happening is I've seen a lot of people level up a lock alt and "think" (my opinion) they should be granted fire and if it's not achievable with low gear, the boss should get nerfed. I've known a few guildies with this QQ -____-. I can't remember the exact post from blizz within the past 1-2 weeks that stated they weren't gonna nerf it soon due to the fact it was suppose to be cosmetic reward for those who managed to complete.

With obtaining ToT LFR gear and practicing the mechanics, it will make the fight a lot easier to do but don't expect to just ROFLSTOMP with 500ilvl. You have to utilize your warlock skill arsenal. It's not about "omg blizz, wtf I did 300k burst but died to his Chaos Bolt.... NERF IT BLIZZ." There has been videos of people achieving it with 470 and there was one with someone in the 460s.

Grats to those who have gotten their fire though, and those that haven't, keep at it. You will get it eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Technically it is possible, but not for the average warlock. It's better to wait till you have at least 480+ gear imo.
    Allrighty thank you, well i rerolled an alt from shaman, they are pretty useles in PvP since cataclysm and i don't want to be stomped around anymore or boosted by my friends. I play a hunter for main btw.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    What's happening is I've seen a lot of people level up a lock alt and "think" (my opinion) they should be granted fire and if it's not achievable with low gear, the boss should get nerfed. I've known a few guildies with this QQ -____-. I can't remember the exact post from blizz within the past 1-2 weeks that stated they weren't gonna nerf it soon due to the fact it was suppose to be cosmetic reward for those who managed to complete.

With obtaining ToT LFR gear and practicing the mechanics, it will make the fight a lot easier to do but don't expect to just ROFLSTOMP with 500ilvl. You have to utilize your warlock skill arsenal. It's not about "omg blizz, wtf I did 300k burst but died to his Chaos Bolt.... NERF IT BLIZZ." There has been videos of people achieving it with 470 and there was one with someone in the 460s.

Grats to those who have gotten their fire though, and those that haven't, keep at it. You will get it eventually.
    Well i was always thinking about leveling a lock, with the addition to green fire they pushed me over the edge and i leveled him up. The problem is i purely PvP only. So having to PVE to achieve the green fire is a little lame. Or even to gear up is lame. I think the encounter should NOT be nerved but your char should have stats from ilvl 490 ( granted if you have 491 or up you keep those extra stats ) and then let people do the encounter. Then it is purely over skills and not that you gotte gear first. I think i would get it down easy if i had the gear, but i don't ;p ( Well easy...I think within 1 or 2 hours i would kill him.)

. I think i would get it down easy if i had the gear, but i don't ;p ( Well easy...I think within 1 or 2 hours i would kill him.)
    tuurlijk henk

Infraction for minor spam.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    tuurlijk henk

Infraction for minor spam.
    Spam? just calling a fellow countryman out on a bluff... not spam.

And let me voice my opinion about something. Both the PVP and the warlock forums have gotten a whole lot less fun since you started modding there. Please don't take your mod role so serious, it makes you look like the dude below... and we all know that didn't end well.

http://www.craveonline.com/images/st..._Lee_Ermey.jpg
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-04-05 at 03:13 PM.
    Read the signature rules

Just finished it today with on my lock who has 502 ilevel.

A few tips for those that still have issues (not going to bother mentioning tips from guides that can be found online)

First you can use charge after it comes off cooldown when you countered Cataclysm, this usually means around the time he is summoning adds so it should be enough time to come of cooldown for his next cataclysm.
    Second: when fighting the Imps between the boss and the Imps and use your Pit Lords breath attack, didn't pay enough attention but it should hit the Imps
    Third: I mark the area's which I will use for various purposes, like where I will stand or where I will place my Pit Lord.
    Fourth: Save your chaos bolt for when the boss has the dmg taken debuff and/or when you charge him, don't cap your embers but don't randomly shoot either.
    Fifth: I like to place my demonic gate on top of the gate created by the boss, this allowed me to stay in range of the boss.

I defeated the boss just after his 3e waves of Imps (I think) but I had 2 attempts where I ended up with 3 Doomguards because I didn't really use Charge for the extra dmg.

I think I spend a total of 4-6 hours whipping but it is mostly about learning the fight. At the start I had a few wipes because I kept positioning my pitlord wrong and a few wipes because I really didn't place my demonic gate efficiently but mostly is just about remembering to bubble his chaos bolt and not screw up his cataclysm spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    And let me voice my opinion about something. Both the PVP and the warlock forums have gotten a whole lot less fun since you started modding there. Please don't take your mod role so serious, it makes you look like the dude below... and we all know that didn't end well.
    If you have a problem with moderation or want to discuss moderation actions I suggest you send a PM to Sunshine, or even better, use the Contact Form. You can find that at the top right under the button "Contact Us".

10+ Year Old Account
    So I finished this other day but as he the other NPC comes out to banish him, 3-4 seconds after he died, I dropped dead from the "Curse of Ultimate Doom". I was able to release and run up and click on him and got the green fire. However since I died it didn't give me credit for the quest even though it did give me the green fire. My ticket I sent in got a reply saying they can't give credit because I died... Now I need to figure out if I want to do it again for the quest credit even though I got the green fire.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I was having issues with this the other day, I dont know if its just because im in all PvP gear or what but im not seeming to kill the Imps fast enough. I throw down 3 RoF as he is summoning them, and with the Pit Lord positioned infront of the gateway the breath just isnt finishing them off. Is it best to wait until I get some PvE gear from LFR or what?

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    I was having issues with this the other day, I dont know if its just because im in all PvP gear or what but im not seeming to kill the Imps fast enough. I throw down 3 RoF as he is summoning them, and with the Pit Lord positioned infront of the gateway the breath just isnt finishing them off. Is it best to wait until I get some PvE gear from LFR or what?
    At your gear level 471, you'll have a hard time aoe'ing the imps and killing the felhunters "on time".
    My only tips other than get more gear is :

Stand about 10 yards behind the boss (so the imps stack on him) soon as he is finished summoning the imps, use your pit lord to charge him then spam his breath, ROF, FaB Incinerate, With the 100% increased damage you should be able to drop them and charge will be up by the time the boss starts casting cataclysm.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

phew, killed him today.. about 4-6 hours of wiping as well. first wipes were at 95% xD one good try at 15% - wiped due to imp phase instead of felhunters...

last try i was just focused and kill fel puppies rly fast so i had time to position all stuff, track debuffs etc and stand doing nothing while pit comes from behind pillar)

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    At your gear level 471, you'll have a hard time aoe'ing the imps and killing the felhunters "on time".
    My only tips other than get more gear is :

Stand about 10 yards behind the boss (so the imps stack on him) soon as he is finished summoning the imps, use your pit lord to charge him then spam his breath, ROF, FaB Incinerate, With the 100% increased damage you should be able to drop them and charge will be up by the time the boss starts casting cataclysm.
    Thanks for the tip, i will have to try that. Been doing some LFR for some more PvE gear and waiting on a restore of some items to see if I can finally down this.

I tried to go guide free, but couldnt. I figured out to enslave the demon, but there was no menu bar for the enslaved demon any of the times I've tried. I keep getting 600k+ chaos bolted to death because I can't seem to interrupt his cast. I'm using the Bartender addon, could that be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    I tried to go guide free, but couldnt. I figured out to enslave the demon, but there was no menu bar for the enslaved demon any of the times I've tried. I keep getting 600k+ chaos bolted to death because I can't seem to interrupt his cast. I'm using the Bartender addon, could that be the problem?
    That is a possibility. Make sure you have the pet bar enabled and that you dont have a pet summoned when you enslave.

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    That is a possibility. Make sure you have the pet bar enabled and that you dont have a pet summoned when you enslave.
    Ah, I've always had a pet summoned... is that a bug or is that working as intended? Thanks for reply!

I believe it is a bug with Bartender. I would suggest running Grim of Sac and saccing the fel imp (will make it a bit easier) and trying it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proud owner of green fire.

Other guild locks cant get it despite having the book for weeks now.
    Got the book Wednesday, learned and killed it on Thursday!
    Very happy with myself

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post

The trend so far seems to be:

Can't beat Kanrethad nerf
    Beat Kanrethad don't nerf

I have green fire but I still think the fight should be toned down. quite the roadblock for something that locks have asked for since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    Well the fact that you don't have a pet bar should not have a great impact on your success.

First get some macro's because it will make the fight much easier. A great macro which you can find on this forum is the breath dispell/attack macro that will make sure the Pit lord attack will always hit/dispell you.

And about the chaos bolt, personally I find that their are 2 counters that will always work. First is just use your absorb spells which allows you to survive his attack and second is to make sure you have always the demonic gate debuff on you (this prevents chaos bolt from even casting)

having the correct macro's is almost a must for this fight in my opinion. This fight is overturned (which is fine) and any mistake you make will most likely mean your dead. The less time you spend on moving the easier this fight will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    The trend so far seems to be:

Can't beat Kanrethad nerf
    Beat Kanrethad don't nerf

I have green fire but I still think the fight should be toned down. quite the roadblock for something that locks have asked for since forever.
    if i can do it, any lock can.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    if i can do it, any lock can.
    I can't. your argument is invalid
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, you will get it sooner or later. Took me a lot of wiping for sure, but I still got it in the end. It's a shit fight, at least I think so. But I was never great at micro management either.

As iv'e said before, I think the fight is fine, exception being the felhunter phase. They are to punishing, and nearly everyone that struggles. Struggle with that phase, while the rest of the mechanics aren't that hard to deal with.

We all know it is going to get nerfed someday, stuff always get's nerfed in WoW if you hadn't noticed. That's just how it is, I don't have any issue with it. Let people enjoy the game dammit.