Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 81 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    You know what the weirdest issue about this fight was? I couldn't get my Pit Lord to do this. Any time I clicked "Move To" to send him away, I got a red "x" icon, like he couldn't "Move To" places more than 20 yards from where he was. Pardon the newbie question, but ... is that behavior anywhere close to normal? I thought you could order a pet to "Move To" anyplace to which it had a path.

I wound up coming back with a few item upgrades and burning Felhunters down (what I did is in a prior reply).
    You can't move your pet away from you more than a set amount of yards. In other words, if you're going to move him really far away, you'll have to walk with him.

Deleted
    Fellow Green-Fire Warlock checking in ! Defeated him yesterday as Destruction @ilvl of 390, the fight itself wasn't that hard to be honest, it was just a matter of getting used to the mechanics which of course required a substantial amount of time[wipes] I, myself tried him around 20 times. Having said that I can't understand the warlocks that are bragging so much about this like it's one of the hardest fights ever to the point that are insulting the others that haven't done that yet.

If there is one tip that I can give to the warlocks that are struggling with the fight is this : Take your time, take as much wipes as needed in order to get used to the fight's mechanics and don't let this silly fight get in to your nerves, take breaks if you feel frustrated and you too will get it !

Finally I got my green fire yesterday
    but my quest didn't complete is this bug or wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    They won't nerf it as if you play since 5.2 you should already be around 490-500+ just with LFR and valor points, if you have 5.2 normal/hc raid gear the encounter is even easier, and as time goes on people get even better gear making this Encounter a complete joke like Zinnin showed, they could have used challange mode mechanic but they didn't :\
    Remember this fight was definitely designed to be done in these 7minutes without removing the debuff with a potion, which is at around ilvl 495-500 which you can easily achive now.
    Yeah I saw the Zinnin video, he absolutely crushed it. And I take that to fall back on what I said before, where I'd like them to scale the encounter up, per expansion, so as to make it always difficult for your average green fire seeking warlock.

Eh, I think the time and energy invested into perpetually upscaling one class quest for the rest of the life of the game would be a bit much. I guess they could just make it downscale your stats to 500ish ilvl instead, but I think I'd rather they just add a FoS for completing it prior to the release of Seige.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Okay I can manage everything very well....and then the Felhunters come.....

Constantly snagging the Enslave demon buff...It seems outright impossible, I also Rain of Fire their spawn but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Okay I can manage everything very well....and then the Felhunters come.....

Constantly snagging the Enslave demon buff...It seems outright impossible, I also Rain of Fire their spawn but nope.
    Petmove your pitlord into an alcove off to the side of the gate, RoF it and walk to the opposite side of where you sent him. Make ABSOLUTELY sure you never turn them remotely in the direction of him, because they'll snag it before you can blink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadfall View Post
    Petmove your pitlord into an alcove off to the side of the gate, RoF it and walk to the opposite side of where you sent him. Make ABSOLUTELY sure you never turn them remotely in the direction of him, because they'll snag it before you can blink.
    Thanks, I did this.

It worked.

Then Kanrethad casted a Chaos bolt.

Pretty luck based. -_- That was just unfair.

Thanks, I did this.

It worked.

Then Kanrethad casted a Chaos bolt.

Pretty luck based. -_- That was just unfair.
    Use Soulshatter when he starts to summon the Felhunters.

Deleted
    Use Soulshatter when he starts to summon the Felhunters.
    Hmm good idea. Will try again tonight, little frustrated now.

I have good confidence I can beat him with ilevel471.

Actually, he always casts a Chaos Bolt during the Felhunter phase, although he can sometimes shoot the Pitlord instead, depending on how recently you used your gateways. You should set your circle to teleport you to the opposite alcove of where you're going to send your Pitlord so he can't hit you with it, and make sure to Soulshatter before you go there so he doesn't run over and shoot you anyway. Don't forget to recast circle when you're done killing the dogs.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Hmm good to know.

Hopefully I can get it the next time.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 11:11 PM ----------

Everything is a cakewalk except for the felhunter stage. I move my pitlord set him on passive, use soulshatter so Kan doesn't chaos bolt me.

I banish the first, kill the second and the third goes off and snags the enslave demon buff.]

Fucking shit fight.
    Last edited by mmoc5ad709a1f5; 2013-04-14 at 11:11 PM.

Hmm good to know.

Everything is a cakewalk except for the felhunter stage. I move my pitlord set him on passive, use soulshatter so Kan doesn't chaos bolt me.

I banish the first, kill the second and the third goes off and snags the enslave demon buff.]

Fucking shit fight.
    Fear the first, havoc it, banish the second, stun the third with charge, chaos bolt it and profit. Kill the second later on when you're comfortable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Fear the first, havoc it, banish the second, stun the third with charge, chaos bolt it and profit. Kill the second later on when you're comfortable.
    Oh wow, the fear is a good idea.

But done for today, tomorrow I will try it again.

Thanks for the fear tip.

Hmm good to know.

Fucking shit fight.
    Use Havoc and Dark Soul

Deleted
    Use Havoc and Dark Soul
    Good tip once again. :P

Beat him today at ilvl476 PVP gear. So it should not be a problem in PVE gear.

You should be saving cooldowns for the felhounds, you don't need them at any other point. You need to keep RoF up on the gate so the last spawn doesn't turn and eat your enslave. Also unless your damage really isn't up to par you don't need to CC two of them. Havoc+DS the first two with a chaos bolt, banish the third and then shadowfury and finish them off. Kanrethad will run the the middle and cast chaos bolt after awhile, so make sure you have a charge macro, and make sure the felhunters are never in LoS of the pitlord. He can be behind them and be fine, but be sure you don't move around so much, because they'll turn to reposition and will snatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfall View Post
    You should be saving cooldowns for the felhounds, you don't need them at any other point. You need to keep RoF up on the gate so the last spawn doesn't turn and eat your enslave. Also unless your damage really isn't up to par you don't need to CC two of them. Havoc+DS the first two with a chaos bolt, banish the third and then shadowfury and finish them off. Kanrethad will run the the middle and cast chaos bolt after awhile, so make sure you have a charge macro, and make sure the felhunters are never in LoS of the pitlord. He can be behind them and be fine, but be sure you don't move around so much, because they'll turn to reposition and will snatch it.
    this plus soulshatter right before phase change. This is the only time i will say this but back pedal your ass off. I burn'd all 3 without cc at 476ilvl PVP gear, pop everything!!!

Deleted
    Hello! I also got my green fire couple days ago with ilvl 485, without use of any potions / flasks or what so ever.

Strategy: Burn him like a mofo, use charges until the first imp phase to stop him casting the curse on you and take gateway on CD to keep yourself as low on aggro table as possible.

I actualy stunned the first hound to give my pitlord more time to get out of line of sight from the hounds, popped CD:s, killed 'em all with little trouble, although i didnt get much time to actualy do dmg to boss on this phase.

Re-enslave the pitlord during summoning of doom lord, charge to boss for extra dmg, use pitlord heal on you and take GW to drop agro.

Then it's practicaly repetition while also keeping a Doom Lord banished (i put him on my focus and focus banished when needed) and for the last minute, you also have one Doom Lord that has to be kept feared.

Finished the boss easily on 3rd imp phase when he had already went sub 20% by throwing RoF on imps, popping all CD's (defensive and offensive), charged the boss and burned him to oblivion.
    Last edited by mmoc792326d733; 2013-04-15 at 07:58 AM.