Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    You can teleport out of the scenario and just re-enter it like you would any dungeon. Unless you never reset it after the server restarts.
    Ah dammit. I didn't reset it after the server reset So now I'm screwed I guess, since I have no option to teleport out

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well looks like the final boss is going to need a full strategy with pet swaps (i.e excluding Destro ?) and CDs rotation x)
    I'd imagine there's going to be some tuning changes done to these bosses.

Deleted
    I'd imagine there's going to be some tuning changes done to these bosses.
    Yeah. I keep getting trolled by his Cataclysm currently

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 01:43 AM ----------

Ok. I HSd out, repaired, used my Medallion to get back to BT, and re-entered, and now I can teleport out properly.

Deleted
    Is there a way to avoid the Cataclysm other that Dark Bargain ?

There is a very annoying stun after I don't where it is coming from, sadly WoL doesn't handle the logs yet.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-02-06 at 02:16 AM.

Deleted
    I'm using GoSac, and enslaving his 1st pet. Then I stun his Chaos Bolt, and then for Cataclysm, I use Sacrificial Pact, Shadow Bulwark AND Unending Resolve. Need all 3 to survive the damn thing sadly!

Anyone know how I can pass the "Plunder the Den of Mortal Delights"? Just looting the little items doesn't seem to be working.
    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by owned124 View Post
    Anyone know how I can pass the "Plunder the Den of Mortal Delights"? Just looting the little items doesn't seem to be working.
    Just run to the end. The quest continues with a chest. Not very clear originally.

From what Ghostcrawler has said, during the 5 mins, we get to loot, then it expires, you can't loot anymore, but then quest will be able to be completed (when its live).

Deleted
    I'm using GoSac, and enslaving his 1st pet. Then I stun his Chaos Bolt, and then for Cataclysm, I use Sacrificial Pact, Shadow Bulwark AND Unending Resolve. Need all 3 to survive the damn thing sadly!
    Oh my god I tried to ban it but not to enslave it x)

I'm getting wrecked by the 2nd Cataclysm.

I call it a night hf
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-02-06 at 02:59 AM.

Deleted
    Hoping this latest server reboot has fixed him a bit to be able to get past

10+ Year Old Account
    Having done the questline up to the Den of Delights I have to say we are being treated to something really fun. Haven't had this much fun questing in ages. It's not particularly hard any of it, but it's not face roll easy or blindly doable either. Need to remember all the (pet) abilities and talents you have, and take a bit of care in what you do and how you fight.

I tried getting to the end of the Den of Mortal delights the normal way by fighting my way there, but that is too tight for my skills/gear I think. Tried twice before a server restart, but I end up at still having to go a tiny bit further to reach the chest. Probably a better idea to just leg it and pop cooldowns to survive the beating I get long enough to open the chest once I get to that final part and run out of time.

Although, from what I hear the final boss is totally out of my league at the moment any way, so I might just not do the Den of Mortal Delights right now and leave that till it's fixed so I can test it properly. Hopefully any tuning problems with the last boss will be fixed by then too, cause if some of the best (geared) raiders have trouble getting through something then I have little hope for more casual players (like me), which is not the way Blizz will want to handle this particular thing, I think.

But I'd love to hear from you guys that have done (parts) of it what you thought of it, both the technical side and the fun side.

Deleted
    Anyone made it past the final BT boss?

Deleted
    I can consistently make it to the felhunters, but I keep screwing up and dying before I got to see what the doomguard does.

Fight prep: Use Soul Link, GoSac, Enslave Demon glyph and survivability talents/glyphs. Sacrifice an imp and focus the boss while he's talking to make things easier later on. Put a Circle behind one of the pillars near his spawn and a Gateway from the middle area and to near the Circle.

For the boss himself, dispel his debuffs (Agony/SoC mainly, Agony stacks high if left on you and SoC spawns the annoying imp who lives up to his name) using the imp dispel from Sac, use the pit lord (see below) breath to dispel his damage buff. When he's casting Chaos Bolt, LoS it using a pillar with Gateway and save the Pit Lord's Charge for interrupting Cataclysm

The summoned demons:
    Pit Lord: With glyphed Enslave you can enslave him before he Charges you, avoiding a decent amount of damage. You can Soul Link him but it gets dispelled pretty often
    60 Wild Imps: Hop into Gateway to help get the aggro onto your Pit Lord, then use the Pit Lord's breath and your own AoE to (hopefully) kill them quickly
    3 Felhunters: Best tactic I've found is banishing one and trying to nuke the other two down quickly, then doing the same for the third before his next summon. Re-enslave your pit lord the moment the felhunters break it, you need him.
    Doomguard: Seems to just fire shadowbolts, think you can just keep him banished
    followed by Wild Imps again...
    Last edited by mmoc43a7c77bc4; 2013-02-06 at 04:00 AM.

Deleted
    Looks like my progress has reset after server restart :|

I Frapsed one of my attempts for those wanting to see the boss : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnHTurmcxqM

Youtube is processing as I'm going to sleep, hope it goes well.

@Thrp: dammit I didn't even tried stunning on Cataclysm I thought it would be too easy ~~

Deleted
    i.imgur.com/nfBKzxT.jpg

For Cataclysm, use Teleport+Gateway to out-range it (To end up near the stairs, it is safe there) - He always casts Cataclysm after the Chaos Bolt, so stun the bolt -> Get out of range for Cata

The felhunters only seem to do one devour on the pit lord, quick mortal coil+re-enslave works there to stop the charge, Doomguards can be left banished/feared all fight. I removed Agony with unbound will when it gets too damaging.
    Last edited by mmocd0c22f27af; 2013-02-06 at 04:14 AM.

So any word on the availability of this quest? Will this be something any 90 warlock can attempt or does it require killing raid bosses or something?
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So any word on the availability of this quest? Will this be something any 90 warlock can attempt or does it require killing raid bosses or something?
    It's a rare drop from mobs.

... for the ptr. Check it: http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/70125-green-flame-infernal

"Green Flame Infernal
    Test Realm Inhabitant"

No telling if this is how it goes live.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dalec View Post
    i.imgur.com/nfBKzxT.jpg

For Cataclysm, use Teleport+Gateway to out-range it (To end up near the stairs, it is safe there) - He always casts Cataclysm after the Chaos Bolt, so stun the bolt -> Get out of range for Cata

The felhunters only seem to do one devour on the pit lord, quick mortal coil+re-enslave works there to stop the charge, Doomguards can be left banished/feared all fight. I removed Agony with unbound will when it gets too damaging.
    Congrats. A shame that what happens in BT is the end

Right now on the PTR its pretty much 100% of the Green Infernal, for testing purposes. They more of us that are doing the quests on the PTR, the better the feedback, and will allow them to tune it better. The mob that drops the starter item is also on about a 7 minute respawn timer on the PTR. No word yet on what it will be when it hits live.

Once it goes live it goes to a much lower % chance to drop, but not stupid low. It's not the fiery Warhorse (0.25%) or the Baron's death charger (0.01% (previously 0.001%)), but low enough you might have to camp it for a while.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Now that you've got it, does it change your Meta to be like Kanrethad's, and does it change your Dread/Felsteed?