Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So that island was going to be a warlock class 'island' then. Always amuses me though how things like that island aren't removed from the files before the builds are put onto the PTR to prevent people from seeing what was going to be.

Thank you, and I need to go pay my friend as we were betting that this chain would lead to Illidans revival. Also that was epic.

wow...the quest xelnath explains sounds like it would have been epic...really really epic. too bad it got changed. still either way i'm very excited to get this quest and my green fire. btw xelnath since i assume you would be a person that would know I was wondering if the codex going to effect our dreadsteed and burning embers?

Deleted
    So, assuming that they wont put in the warlock daily hub (I reckon that they would feel obligated to do that for every class, which would be too much work for this expansion) maybe they will continue this warlock lore in another medium. I'd like a novel that focuses on warlocks for once, seeing as how they are underused in the expanded universe. They have a lot of story potential with this new council, lets hope they use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Since they had to kill it...

Shinfel and Zinnin go into Ahn'Qiraj to investigate the old gods after torturing some twilight dudes to death. Zinnin brings a bunch of Kobolds in explicably. They discover Curse of Enfeeblement, learn Harvest Life from a dying Qiraji. Zinnin attempts to learn a more powerful curse, but goes insane. Shinfel is forced to drag him back to the council to survive.

The Orc and the Worgen go into firelands, build respect for each other after fighting off lava spiders. They literally rip runes off of the walls in Sulfuron, and discover a way to pull lava directly from the well Ragnaros created. This power became cataclysm.

The Orc and the Worgen work together to empower Chaos Bolt, and nearly annhilate each other, then discover the power of Ember Tapping to rapidly cauterize their wounds from an imp.

The council meets up together, share their powers with the Warlocks of the world. Kanrethad takes the knowledge gained, calls the council a success and proposes a master plan once the Ata'mal crystal was purified in the arcane well of Black Temple. He awaits its completion.

Player brings the crystal, transfers too much power into Kanrethad. He loses control, summons a Pit Lord and passes out. While fighting the pit lord, you're overwhelmed, when the Ata'mal crystal fuses with your being, allowing you to control the Fel Energies of the Pit Lord without being completely corrupted. You use that power to defeat the pit lord, Kanrethad recovers, horribly wounded and acknowledges your mastery.

He questions his ability to handle the power alone. Summons the council and uses you, rather than him, as the focus spell to open the portal to Xerrath. Inside, you lead the council in daily quests to drive the legion out and conquer the island.

... none of this is canon now. It was going to be a ton of work to tell the rest of this story and frankly, I don't know if even I could have pulled it all off.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 01:14 PM ----------

I'm pretty happy with this ending, it's hard, it's epic and it develops the characters and uses all of the plot hits.

My hope was to create a group of Warlocks who are power-hungry, driven and powerful, but aren't completely consumed by that power... for once. Maybe only Player Warlocks can be that kind of character.
    That sounds like a quest worth it of waiting several patches (with the "coming soon" themes of the legendary quest). While I'm happy with the quest we DID get, but I'm upset that once more the Warlock storylines revolve around "random warlock guy gets too powerful, goes insane / gets killed". Can't we have ONE warlock that is powerful, but not crazy? We need more warlocks like Jubeka in our stories, and less warlocks like Kanrethad or Wilfred Fizzlebang. I had a great time reading Jubeka's diary for the questline.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But Wilfred Fizzlebang is my hero....

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I'm not one to bitch about difficulty, but this guy is too difficult. I hate soloing and this is just what I don't want to do...ever. So on live I will remain red. Fuck green fire if I have to fight this guy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm completely happy with the difficulty. It's very difficult unless you utilize all of your abilities, even some you haven't had a reason to pull out of your spellbook for a while now (looking at you, enslave demon). It'll get easier with 5.2 LFR gear too, but if you play very well, you can beat it much, much sooner. You just have to pay attention and actually play your class, not just mash buttons until something's dead. I'm really hoping they don't make it much easier, if they make it easier at all.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    A video of Green Fire spells on target dummies :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU3WX6U-qtw

I think Incinerates graphics could be "denser", they seem a bit evanescent, during the raid tests I could barely see them sometimes.

the rain of fire animation looks a little strange. it looks like they recolored it but, the meteors still look kinda redish, why didn't they just use the rain of chaos animation? and i'm still kinda sad about it not affecting our dreadsteed. the meta looks awesome really awesome, but the aura build up needs to look green too cause it looks kinda odd with the purple glow to green meta

some spells looks strange infused by fel energy. Very strange. Incinerate and conflagrate explosion looks "ugly".

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0Rcf7yqgA is possible to see an older patch non-official (and forbidden by blizzard) in action: look this green fire, is absoluly awesome.

Deleted
    When I tried to turn in the quest at the warlock trainer after reading the Legacy of 6 Mastery part one I got the message: You don't meet the requirements for this quest and I can't continue. Did somebody else have the same problem?

Deleted
    some spells looks strange infused by fel energy. Very strange. Incinerate and conflagrate explosion looks "ugly".

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0Rcf7yqgA is possible to see an older patch non-official (and forbidden by blizzard) in action: look this green fire, is absoluly awesome.
    Incinerates should look more like this yeah, with more particule density or whatever it is called

Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    When I tried to turn in the quest at the warlock trainer after reading the Legacy of 6 Mastery part one I got the message: You don't meet the requirements for this quest and I can't continue. Did somebody else have the same problem?
    Yes, go see General Nazgrim at the Dominance Offensive.

i hope "warlock island" become a class place likewise acherus hold for DK... a spell-portal to recall in this demonic place

****SPOILERS****

"Kanrethad Ebonlocke"

Is he related to Althea Ebonlocke, the NPC in Darkshire?

YEEEEEEEEEES! Fel all over my face.

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    YEEEEEEEEEES! Fel all over my face.

I love it.
    o___________________o

you don't have to tell us about your sexual preferences, man.

(this is a joke, don't take it seriously )
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Eew it looks like poison / nature i will be staying red fire, is there any other reward to the warlock questline or would it be a waste of time? Also i wouldnt mind my chaos bolt casting aura to be green at least, or a soul fire glyph to replace chaos bolt :P
    Last edited by mmoc5cd059585f; 2013-02-07 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    I'm completely happy with the difficulty. It's very difficult unless you utilize all of your abilities, even some you haven't had a reason to pull out of your spellbook for a while now (looking at you, enslave demon). It'll get easier with 5.2 LFR gear too, but if you play very well, you can beat it much, much sooner. You just have to pay attention and actually play your class, not just mash buttons until something's dead. I'm really hoping they don't make it much easier, if they make it easier at all.
    You talk as if it was easy enough that you can use your abilities and go through it easy. You have to be flawless, with everything. I can do it, but the difficulty is annoying. I have my reasons for hating soloing, and this fight brings out the worst.

It needs a small nerf in difficulty. Not enough to trivialize it, but enough to put it in place with people who have difficulty due to other reasons than "LOLOL123123123"

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    You talk as if it was easy enough that you can use your abilities and go through it easy. You have to be flawless, with everything. I can do it, but the difficulty is annoying. I have my reasons for hating soloing, and this fight brings out the worst.

It needs a small nerf in difficulty. Not enough to trivialize it, but enough to put it in place with people who have difficulty due to other reasons than "LOLOL123123123"
    I finally downed it after about 2 hours worth of attempts with Ilvl 496 (no t14 4p unfortunately >.<) and beat it with about 30 seconds left of the enrage. This fight will become really easy with T15 gear (probably will only get one of each demon type). I think it would be good to have green fire rare when the patch comes out, but over time, more people will get it with more gear.