Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 8 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks awesome ... can't wait. Of course it would have been awesome if they'd left all the ideas in, but, hey ... I'm not gonna complain about getting something awesome. Like Xelnath said, they could have scrapped the entire thing.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I finally downed it after about 2 hours worth of attempts with Ilvl 496 (no t14 4p unfortunately >.<) and beat it with about 30 seconds left of the enrage. This fight will become really easy with T15 gear (probably will only get one of each demon type). I think it would be good to have green fire rare when the patch comes out, but over time, more people will get it with more gear.
    Why revolve it around T15 gear? This is a warlock only solo event, and difficulty should only slightly factor into it since every warlock has different gear levels. I'm sitting at 503, and sure it isn't easy. I can't imagine doing this on my 484 warlock, it would be enough to cause high blood pressure.

Like I said, I have my reasons for not liking soloing. It isn't "because I don't find it fun", it is a physical reason. It is also the reason why I'm limited in what I can do with what I find important in the game.

Speaking of that I honestly hope they do nerf it.

Deleted
    I am going to be very sad if it turns out I can't do this on my warlock because he only had Heroic Dungeon gear :/
    This was one of the main reasons I leveled my warlock to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    A video of Green Fire spells on target dummies :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU3WX6U-qtw

I think Incinerates graphics could be "denser", they seem a bit evanescent, during the raid tests I could barely see them sometimes.
    i finally see what's so strange about that rain of fire animation. the meteors still glow kinda red/orange which they shouldn't and the cloud of smoke on some of the spells should be more black and a little less green. other than that i think it is great and can't wait to see it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    This fight will become really easy with T15 gear (probably will only get one of each demon type). I think it would be good to have green fire rare when the patch comes out, but over time, more people will get it with more gear.
    I think this is Blizz's reasoning for the current difficulty level. It's a tiny bit like Brawler's guild, in that people with more gear can more easily complete it, and thus get it sooner, while people with less gear or skill will take a bit longer till they get the same.

Also loved Xelnath's explanation of the intent behind it all originally. I figure we got a nice questline out of the whole deal, and should feel honored our class even got this, even if the scale is less then envisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I figure we got a nice questline out of the whole deal, and should feel honored our class even got this, even if the scale is less then envisioned.
    you are so right about that. I'm glad not only do we get a cool quest to do this patch but we finally get our fel fire. all and all we should be very happy about it, which i am

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    you are so right about that. I'm glad not only do we get a cool quest to do this patch but we finally get our fel fire. all and all we should be very happy about it, which i am
    it's not about being ungrateful about what we are getting. it's about mourning that which was scrapped. I had high expectations for the warlock island
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's not about being ungrateful about what we are getting. it's about mourning that which was scrapped. I had high expectations for the warlock island
    no i completely understand and I'm not saying anyone was ungrateful. i feel the same way about the warlock island and the questline xelnath described sounded awesome. except i think that we should look at it as they could have just scrapped it but didn't and did take some more time for us that other classes didn't get. like i said i understand and agree with you about what could have been with the questline.

The only gripe i have is I just hope that the green fire effects are still being worked on, the rain of fire animation's meteors are still colored red only the fire is green and it looks kinda odd and the smoke from conflagrate could be a little more black.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would be happy with a simple glyph or whatever to get green fire, I still feel like they rushed this quest-line to much. If we have seen it all that is, then I do not exactly feel they delivered on their "promise".

Still, I get green fire and I will take it.

I have a question: Does Dark Soul turn green too?

It should.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-07 at 04:03 AM.

A more relaxed look at the Green Fire

I know it's on the front page right now. I was supposed to put it up faster if it wasn't for my screen to burst into flames (unfortunately they were yellow and now green:/) and for the last part of the quest to be a pain in the behind.

The difference between this video and the one on the main page is basically this is a bit more extended and trying to show the spell from more angles so if you just wanted a quick impression of the Green Fire, you're better off not watching :P.

Also getting close to 48 hours of no sleep, nighty night beautiful summoners of stuff!

awesome video much better than the one mmo posted. you go through the effects much slower and get a better view of them. still think rain of fire shouldn't have those red meteors, that really needs to be changed because it clashes with the green fire. also I thought it was gonna effect our abyssal and immolation aura? it should effect some more spells though like the mounts and dark soul. that way affliction has something with green fire to show off

I feel like it's far too unforgiving at times. There's about 5 different ways you can not even have a chance when felhunters come out. Most of which involve him moving to start cataclysm the exact moment the felhunters devour.

None of the videos so far have shown it, but, are
    - Chaos Bolt and/or Fel Flame changed? Are they greener or something?
    - Are regular Imp's spells green?
    - What about talents? Dark Bargain, Dark Regeneration, Sacrificial Pact... do they get green?
    - Twilight Ward? Unending Resolve?

Check the whole toolkit!! :P

Thank Blizzard for allowing to get back to Orange Fire, though

Deleted
    It should be hard, it's a class epic quest.
    They were not known to be easy

My demo warlock will be so happy with all the green colors. Especially I have my Wrathguard have some green swords. Woot, and I'm so glag it's all green and purple and not all green, the combination is amazing. Can't wait!

If only I have some reasons to spec Affliction or Destruction in bg pvp though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    None of the videos so far have shown it, but, are
    - Chaos Bolt and/or Fel Flame changed? Are they greener or something?
    - Are regular Imp's spells green?
    - What about talents? Dark Bargain, Dark Regeneration, Sacrificial Pact... do they get green?
    - Twilight Ward? Unending Resolve?
    No changes at all.Just firespells , Meta and burning rush as far as i can see on the ptr.
    Immolationaura in meta is still orange, not sure if intended or not.

FnB Conflags and Incinerates look pretty impressive. Now give me a destro buff, or atleast remove the nerfs...

But the green embers, an all the green on the actionbars is annoying for the eye. Guess i need to hide my bars.

Endboss was ok with heroic t14 gear and clever portal usage.
    Last edited by Apero; 2013-02-07 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just killed it wearing ilvl 507 as Destro, gear is going to make this fight pretty 'easy' as far as the DPS check goes.

I scanned the last few pages and didn't really see a mechanics run down, so here goes.

About 25 seconds into the fight he summons a huge pit lord that has several abilities that are useful, enslave it as soon as you can. You gain:

Charge: Interrupts Kanrethad, you want to use on either Chaos Bolt or Cataclysm.
    Fel Flame Breath: AoE frontal cleave that also dispels everything it hits.
    Health Funnel: 300k Heal on a 20s cooldown

Kanrethad has a few abilites that you have be aware of:
    Doom: 8 minute duration, the effective enrage timer to the fight
    Agony: Works like normal Agony except that it has a 10 minute duration and no cap on stacks. Dispell with Fel Flame breath.
    Seed of Corruption: After ~30s you spawns an Imp? that either stuns you briefly or puts a black hole on the floor.
    Chaos Bolt: Huge damage chaos bolt, can live through with SacPact + another cooldown (voidwalker sac \ Unending resolve) Can also LoS behind a pillar.
    Cataclysm: Huge damage AoE spell, can be out ranged near the entrances of the room (don't really recommend doing). Basically just always used Pit lord interrupt.

He also summons wave of adds:
    Wave 1\4: Wild Imps - Spawns a shit ton of Imps that do a decent amount of damage. I AoEd them with Fel Flame breath, and try to drop threat with Gateway.
    Wave 2\5: Fel Hunters - Spawns 3 Fel hunters that will dispell your enslave demon off the pitlord
    Wave 3\6?: Doom Guard - Spams a shadow bolt, I just kept it banished.

Super fun right for a class quest IMO. I also think that the 'difficulty' is in a fine spot, considering that we will have access to 5.2 gear when we get this quest, and it will quickly get to the point where it is killed pretty quickly. Once you get the mechanics down it isn't bad at all.

Video:

Here you my second part with scenario Black Temple. I didn't kill final boss, will finish him tonight, my best try was 10% yestrday, but you all see that one. Hope you find something useful in this video.

Deleted
    GZ for the Front page Zum