Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    The last PTR build have a new Metamorphosis fel icon, but what about that other icon, could it be fel Cataclysm?
    Probably just the spell icon for Kanrethad's Cataclysm (ptr.wowdb.com/spells/138564-cataclysm)

Confirming that latest PTR BUild bugged this boss. When I first time come and summoned him, I check out his HP. HE HAD FUCKIN 31 Million. They buffed his HP??? He had in the past 26 Million... Anyway he summoned the Pit lord I enslave him and he just stand staring at me doing nothing... Well was boring fight... I don't know why Blizzard buffed him with 5 milion more HP :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Confirming that latest PTR BUild bugged this boss. When I first time come and summoned him, I check out his HP. HE HAD FUCKIN 31 Million. They buffed his HP??? He had in the past 26 Million... Anyway he summoned the Pit lord I enslave him and he just stand staring at me doing nothing... Well was boring fight... I don't know why Blizzard buffed him with 5 milion more HP :/
    In current gear people are killing it at\before the 2nd Imp wave, which is just past halfway through the 'enrage' timer. Once people attempt it with gear from next tier I expect it will be killed way faster then they want it to. Seems it is meant to be somewhat exclusive at first.

Deleted
    I don't know why Blizzard buffed him with 5 milion more HP :/
    Well, if the boss is broken now we don't know what else has changed until it's fixed. (Maybe adds health, or the enrage timer? Depends on what level of gear it is intended for I guess.)
    Last edited by mmocd0c22f27af; 2013-02-09 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    So essentially, blizzard only wants high end warlocks with atleast full normal raid gear to do this? Well that's absolutely horse shit..
    While I am not playing incredibly actively on my warlock, I still play him, and seeing I won't be able to do this quest since I'm only in heroic dungeon gear is just plain stupid in my opinion. I have a feeling this'll turn out to be something along the lines of Sunwell... a few select people will see this content.
    I am not amused.

Drop chance for 5.0 raid finder gear is increased, there are 522 valor items available at neutral and friendly with Shado Pan Assault, not to mention 5.2 raid finder gear ...

It will be accessible to normal/heroic raiders first, yes, but even non-raiders will outgear it before Siege of Orgrimmar.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Demo-wise Iam a bit disappointed with the green fire looks.

-Soulfire looks worst in fel version for some reason its more "transparent" and lost some of its meatiness (hard to explain)
    -Green Meta is not great. When I saw the quest boss in it I though was coll but on us it isnt becuase we lack that green "aura" that the boss had, to me green meta just looks like meta covered in puke
    - Hellfire and immo Aura looks great thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

-Soulfire looks worst in fel version for some reason its more "transparent" and lost some of its meatiness (hard to explain)
    -Green Meta is not great. When I saw the quest boss in it I though was coll but on us it isnt becuase we lack that green "aura" that the boss had, to me green meta just looks like meta covered in puke
    - Hellfire and immo Aura looks great thou.
    i noticed that some spells do seem kinda "transparent" like incinerate, but its not a very big deal there are most likely gonna be bugs when it comes to the new green fire spells so its not something to worry over.

I have to disagree with you on the green metamorphosis though. it looks very cool like that and i think the demonic fury aura we get a 500 DF should be green to coincide with the green meta.

Dunno, thinking about the questline and how green fire got applied I have almost reached at the conclusion of quitting my Warlock.

Here is my video of Green Fire Spell

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they fixed hellfire/immolation aura look, no more orange cracks yay.
    Rain of fire meteors are slightly more green, but still looks kinda wrong imo.

Well it's good to know they're still working on the animations. Maybe the fires will look a bit more "meaty"
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    that's exactly how i feel about the rain of fire animation, it looks great but the meteors/rocks(not the fire) need to be colored a little more on the green-yellow side or black. still hoping at one point they give us the option for a fel dreadsteed.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post

Here's it in video form without and with Mannoroth's Furry.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 01:45 PM ----------

Could be that it's way too easy... I killed it after the 2nd Doom Lord first time but after I figured the right startegy, I could kill it before the first Doom Lord... That shouldn't be the case especially when I'm still under 500 ILVL.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLOCOPTER View Post
    So essentially, blizzard only wants high end warlocks with atleast full normal raid gear to do this? Well that's absolutely horse shit..
    While I am not playing incredibly actively on my warlock, I still play him, and seeing I won't be able to do this quest since I'm only in heroic dungeon gear is just plain stupid in my opinion. I have a feeling this'll turn out to be something along the lines of Sunwell... a few select people will see this content.
    I am not amused.
    I tested him out in heroic dungeon level gear, he was more difficult, but still very possible. You had to play much better, though. 5.2 LFR gear will make him easier, and if you don't have it by 5.3, the next gear level should make him fairly trivial.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I fear I agree with this. I think it's nice they added the new form; it allows us to change things up a bit, but I hope they allow you to keep purple meta but have green fire.

Along with the questline being letdown, Green Meta is horrible and we are forced to cope with it if we are to get green fire. Even the blues description mentioned that it was going to be the fire spells, why the hell are supposed to destroy Meta which was fine as it was and had nothing to do with fire? Every part of this questline defeats the purpose of it to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Along with the questline being letdown, Green Meta is horrible and we are forced to cope with it if we are to get green fire. Even the blues description mentioned that it was going to be the fire spells, why the hell are supposed to destroy Meta which was fine as it was and had nothing to do with fire? Every part of this questline defeats the purpose of it to begin with.
    I like the green meta more than the purple one. The only thing that looks weird to me is soul fire, I was expecting a huge green ball instead. And not sure what you expected from the questline but it's just what Xelnath said it would be. Not sure if and what was changed since he left, but kudos to him for making it possible. Training green fire from a trainer would've been way worse. In any case we should be happy we got our green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    I like the green meta more than the purple one. The only thing that looks weird to me is soul fire, I was expecting a huge green ball instead. And not sure what you expected from the questline but it's just what Xelnath said it would be. Not sure if and what was changed since he left, but kudos to him for making it possible. Training green fire from a trainer would've been way worse. In any case we should be happy we got our green fire.
    It was supposed to be about all sorts of things involving various members of the Black Harvest. In addition to that, the way you were to get the flames involved a naaru acknowledging you, not beating a cheesy villain only to get a portion of his power. Also, blizz taunted us with the Essence of Order by showing of purple/blue flames and Illidari techniques as not being part of the Warlock arsenal but the Mage one instead (arcane element).

Keep in mind that the Harvest was to be involved in Pandaria storyline due to Wrathion and the scenario Xel mentioned about Zelfrax trying to grasp the Sha. Instead we get a basic questline focusing on simply getting green fire and FORCED to get Green Meta too. I understand that some people like Green Meta and I believe that many others want green fire and KEEP the original Meta. The main reason people want green fire is to differentiate the fire element from the Mage one, not to distort one of the most unique Warlock abilities, Metamorphosis.

Been playing around with green fire on PTR a bit now and I think the color is just too bright for me. My eyes are already bleeding after a raid night so I'll probably stick to the original orange color.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-02-11 at 01:37 PM.