Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Deleted
    sorry for my rude language but green fire looks fucking shit

Yeah, to be honest I'm hoping it's not finalized. I'll still do the quest because it seems pretty neat, but I'm not sure if I'll be using the green fire if it stays looking like this. Incinerate looks too thin, RoF still looks red/unpolished (why not use existing spell effects that look better?), the green smoke clouds look too thick/ugly in general, no green lines on hellfire (whoops nevermind, they added them. Looks quite cool, so no complaints on hellfire!), high demonic fury indicator is still purple while meta and meta's fire spells are green etc. etc.

Hoping the currently set effects were just in there as a placeholder, but I have a feeling that's not the case
    Last edited by dot exe; 2013-02-11 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dot exe View Post
    Yeah, to be honest I'm hoping it's not finalized. I'll still do the quest because it seems pretty neat, but I'm not sure if I'll be using the green fire if it stays looking like this. Incinerate looks too thin, RoF still looks red/unpolished (why not use existing spell effects that look better?), the green smoke clouds look too thick/ugly in general, no green lines on hellfire (whoops nevermind, they added them. Looks quite cool, so no complaints on hellfire!), high demonic fury indicator is still purple while meta and meta's fire spells are green etc. etc.

Hoping the currently set effects were just in there as a placeholder, but I have a feeling that's not the case
    This is why they dont do class quests. Everyone has forgotten what civil constructive criticism is. They hide behind their anonymity and bash the creative products of others.

Be happy they did anything. Warlocks have been begging for green fire for8 year. its attached to a nice quest chain instead of a glyph and all anyone does is bitch.

They should just scrap the whole line since its obviously not up to your discriminating standards. Please also post your alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    This is why they dont do class quests. Everyone has forgotten what civil constructive criticism is. They hide behind their anonymity and bash the creative products of others.

Be happy they did anything. Warlocks have been begging for green fire for8 year. its attached to a nice quest chain instead of a glyph and all anyone does is bitch.

They should just scrap the whole line since its obviously not up to your discriminating standards. Please also post your alternatives.
    Your logic gives me an even worse headache than the green fire color. I see no criticism that isn't constructive in the last page here.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post

Went back to edit my reply to this and it seemed to delete in the process, so re-typing it. Sorry if I accidentally double posted.

However, I can see why you thought my post was just blindly bashing it, but those weren't my intentions; I was just providing a personal opinion on the effects themselves. Not sure if I just got the brunt of your frustration related to something else/the other qq or what. ANYWAYS, back on topic. I haven't seen much of the quest line as I don't want to spoil it for myself (love WoW lore), but from what I've seen of it it looks AMAZING and I'm definitely going to do it ASAP, my post was just about the thoughts of the current spell effects and saying I'm not sure I'd be using them in destro.

It's all personal opinion though; some people won't use them, some people will. I just think there's a tiny bit of touching up to do (and there likely will be as there has been for existing effects) before 5.2 goes live.

I'll rephrase some of the things in my last post though to make my thoughts a bit more clear:

-- I think the green fire version of incinerate lacks that "oomph" that its normal fire counterpart has that makes the spell such a signature spell for destruction locks. I think making the spell effect itself a bit more dense/brighter would bring that oomph back.

-- Rain of Fire, as you can tell from the videos, is green, but it still has sort of a red glow around them, which some people might actually like, but to ME it makes it look like a quick "that'll do" reskin rather than its own unique spell effect. Not sure if it was intended or not.

-- The green smoke clouds from spells like conflag seem just a bit too thick/dense for my taste. Not much to extend on here, some may like it though, so *shrug*

-- Hellfire looks AMAZING. Is still pretty much a reskin, but it's a top-notch one at that. I don't really have any complaints here.

-- Soul Fire looks a bit underwhelming, but the original effect was a bit too, so I guess not really much to be done to make it look "better"

-- The new meta model seems to be pretty controversial. Some love it and some don't. I personally will be using it. I do think that they should make the in-world demonic fury indicators green too if they're making meta green, though.

Again, it's all personal opinion. Some people may love what other people hate. Was just providing my thoughts and apparently it came out the wrong way

10+ Year Old Account
    Went back to edit my reply to this and it seemed to delete in the process, so re-typing it. Sorry if I accidentally double posted.
    Nah, got eaten by the spam filter, from which I saved it and made it post. It happens with posters with low post counts and long messages. Sometimes it'll go off on those. Gives me something to do on a quiet Tuesday morning.

I'll rephrase some of the things in my last post though to make my thoughts a bit more clear:

-- I think the green fire version of incinerate lacks that "oomph" that its normal fire counterpart has that makes the spell such a signature spell for destruction locks. I think making the spell effect itself a bit more dense/brighter would bring that oomph back.

-- Rain of Fire, as you can tell from the videos, is green, but it still has sort of a red glow around them, which some people might actually like, but to ME it makes it look like a quick "that'll do" reskin rather than its own unique spell effect. Not sure if it was intended or not.

-- The green smoke clouds from spells like conflag seem just a bit too thick/dense for my taste. Not much to extend on here, some may like it though, so *shrug*

-- Hellfire looks AMAZING. Is still pretty much a reskin, but it's a top-notch one at that. I don't really have any complaints here.

-- Soul Fire looks a bit underwhelming, but the original effect was a bit too, so I guess not really much to be done to make it look "better"

-- The new meta model seems to be pretty controversial. Some love it and some don't. I personally will be using it. I do think that they should make the in-world demonic fury indicators green too if they're making meta green, though.
    Everything looks great imo. I love the new metamorphosis and when i saw hellfire I thought it was one of the best green fire spells i've seen and the fact that they put it in a quest for us to do when they could have just made it a glyph or something shows they put some time and effort into it. The only thing i have an issue with is the color of the meteors/rocks(not the fire) in the rain of fire still being kinda red/orange colored and maybe that it doesn't effect the warlock mounts. other than that i think its great.

btw does anyone know if they're still going to be adding to the list of things that gets effected by the codex?, e.g., dark apotheosis, dark soul, abyssal pet

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Green Meta is horrible....
    No it's not. It's the same thing as purple Meta, but a different (more lore-friendly) color.

I happen to like it very much and am very excited to be getting a green meta form since I always thought purple seemed a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    No it's not. It's the same thing as purple Meta, but a different (more lore-friendly) color.

I happen to like it very much and am very excited to be getting a green meta form since I always thought purple seemed a bit weird.
    Of course it is a matter of personal taste. So is to be able to use Green Fire, while keeping the classic Meta.

in this old video from an unofficial "fire-patch", incinerate looks VERY cool and "dense"

new fel fire have some spells "ugly" IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    in this old video from an unofficial "fire-patch", incinerate looks VERY cool and "dense"

new fel fire have some spells "ugly" IMO
    Now that is a real fel-incinerate.

I kinda don't want to watch those unofficially-patched green fire vids because I don't want to wish we had those instead of what we're actually getting ... haha
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

anything new added in the latest ptr patch graphic wise for the green fire? have they fixed the rain of fire animation? because frankly it looks kinda ugly with the projectiles still looking kinda red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post

Then I shall rephrase it for them: the Metamorphosis model doesn't look good in green.

I wish it was easier than going to SMV to toggle it though, because I think the green stuff looks pretty cool for Destruction but not so cool for Demo. In my opinion that also says Demo should be more purple/shadowflamey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Then I shall rephrase it for them: the Metamorphosis model doesn't look good in green.

I wish it was easier than going to SMV to toggle it though, because I think the green stuff looks pretty cool for Destruction but not so cool for Demo. In my opinion that also says Demo should be more purple/shadowflamey.
    I'll rephrase it for you: "I don't think the Metamorphosis model looks good in green."

I greatly prefer the green version, because it looks pretty much like Illidan's, just with different hair and horns. It looks even better when Kanrethad uses it, since he's permanently got the four Burning Embers effect going too, but I still think it's pretty cool.

In my opinion, Demonic Slash needs to become fel-green, too. Illidan's attacks during Metamorphosis in WC3 were ranged, and looked like green energy slashes.

Heck, I wouldn't mind Hand of Gul'dan becoming fel-green, either. You know, considering that the actual Hand of Gul'dan is a giant black volcano constantly spewing green lava.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'll rephrase it for you: "I don't think the Metamorphosis model looks good in green."

I greatly prefer the green version, because it looks pretty much like Illidan's, just with different hair and horns. It looks even better when Kanrethad uses it, since he's permanently got the four Burning Embers effect going too, but I still think it's pretty cool.

In my opinion, Demonic Slash needs to become fel-green, too. Illidan's attacks during Metamorphosis in WC3 were ranged, and looked like green energy slashes.

Heck, I wouldn't mind Hand of Gul'dan becoming fel-green, either. You know, considering that the actual Hand of Gul'dan is a giant black volcano constantly spewing green lava.

And destroy the shadow aspect of Warlocks? If a full green approach is where the class is heading then I should be dropping class now that is early. I picked Warlock to combine the Shadowy flavour with the powerful application of magic and I would only pick green fire in order to not use elemental fire. If the majority wants a sickly green Warlock in a wider application and leave Shadowpriests to use the more Shadowy approach then I might say "No thanks, I'm switching".

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love the fact we're getting green fire, and it is nice they gave us a new meta colour, but turning everything green would just be overkill. It's nice to have variation.

Deleted
    And destroy the shadow aspect of Warlocks? If a full green approach is where the class is heading then I should be dropping class now that is early. I picked Warlock to combine the Shadowy flavour with the powerful application of magic and I would only pick green fire in order to not use elemental fire. If the majority wants a sickly green Warlock in a wider application and leave Shadowpriests to use the more Shadowy approach then I might say "No thanks, I'm switching".
    That's why you can toggle it off ?
    "If a full green approach is where the class is heading", come on, seriously ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    That's why you can toggle it off ?
    "If a full green approach is where the class is heading", come on, seriously ?
    They said that they want to clarify the Warlock identity. Of course we are looking for a direction and the class is supposed to be about shadow and flame. This questline bumps shadow to 1:2 instead of a half share. You can still toggle it off but then you lose green fire completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    They said that they want to clarify the Warlock identity.
    So why the fuck did they start to "define" us by confusing us with Demon Hunters and associating us with Illidan? At what point did anyone think "Hey, Illidan looks like a badass! Let's roll a Warlock to be just like him!".
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-02-13 at 03:59 PM.