Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    So do we know what the quest item that starts it all off will drop from and what the drop rate will be?
    It seems to drop from rare spawns on Thunder Isle. The chance is not fully known but it's not high.

Shame, I was hoping it'd be a fairly high drop rate and when blizzard said it'd be prestigious at first that would be because its hard so only people with good gear would be able to do it and over time as people's gear improves more and more people would be able to do it
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    I approve of green flames

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Twilight Ward becomes "Void Shift," allowing you to avoid incoming melee and ranged attacks for a few seconds.
    I agree with everything you said except fot this bit, for 2 reasons:

1 - twilight ward is already an exclusive "demon hunting" skill from DA. there's no reason to change it.
    2 - priests already have a skill named Void Shift.

also, as a curious bit of info: illidan was a mage who dual wielded swords. there's also these Enchanted Magi in the Well of Eternity fight against Azshara, who are frost mages who dual wield daggers. it seems back 10000 years ago some mages didn't really know they were supposed to be ranged
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it seems back 10000 years ago some mages didn't really know they were supposed to be ranged
    Well if you look at how classes worked in Vanilla and realise they'd had 10.000 years to improve things I can only imagine the mess it must have been before the Sundering

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well if you look at how classes worked in Vanilla and realise they'd had 10.000 years to improve things I can only imagine the mess it must have been before the Sundering
    9000 years ago, Patch -2986.2.0

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Mages:
      • Mages can no longer Dual Wield;
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost Enchanted Magus
    WHAT? no more dual wielding? that's it, I quit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Enchanted Magus
    can I has your stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidan Stormrage
    LOL! good thing I rerolled warlock
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-02-17 at 03:02 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

So, i have been doing kanrethad today on my 2 char but i dont get him down. No matter what i do, the felpuppys come and i die. I banish the first, chaosbolt the 2. and the 3. Well thats the plan. But they spamm purge on my pit lord even if i have aggro. Means: They purge command demon, you can mass stun and command demon the pit lord again, but its going to get insta purged again.

How should i deal with that? 3 500k hp felhounds, kanrethad shooting chaosbolts and a angry pit lord on me at the same time? Found no way to survive this yet. When i did kanrethad back then the fel hounds didnt purge as far as i remember. (plus the pit lord held aggro far better, now even with gateway on cd i eat pretty much every chaosbolt...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    So, i have been doing kanrethad today on my 2 char but i dont get him down. No matter what i do, the felpuppys come and i die. I banish the first, chaosbolt the 2. and the 3. Well thats the plan. But they spamm purge on my pit lord even if i have aggro. Means: They purge command demon, you can mass stun and command demon the pit lord again, but its going to get insta purged again.

How should i deal with that? 3 500k hp felhounds, kanrethad shooting chaosbolts and a angry pit lord on me at the same time? Found no way to survive this yet. When i did kanrethad back then the fel hounds didnt purge as far as i remember. (plus the pit lord held aggro far better, now even with gateway on cd i eat pretty much every chaosbolt...)
    Move To command your Pit Lord behind one of the pillars, he will be out of LoS there and won't get dispelled. Make sure you save your DPS cooldowns for the Fel hunter wave.

If you make sure to SacPact every chaos bolt they aren't really that scary.

Deleted
    Is there any drawback to LoSing Chaos Bolt with Gateway instead of soaking it ? Seems dangerous :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Is there any drawback to LoSing Chaos Bolt with Gateway instead of soaking it ? Seems dangerous :/
    With the health buff the dps requirements went up a decent amount, I killed it again a few days ago at 502 ilvl and killed it during the second Doomguard phase.

With SacPact + Twlight Ward (not even sure if this did anything tbh =P) + Soul leech I never went below like 70% health after a chaos bolt, as long as you don't miss that it is happening it isn't that dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Move To command your Pit Lord behind one of the pillars, he will be out of LoS there and won't get dispelled. Make sure you save your DPS cooldowns for the Fel hunter wave.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

so is this quest really hard? i've read on the wow forum that some say its too hard and then some say its perfect as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    so is this quest really hard? i've read on the wow forum that some say its too hard and then some say its perfect as is.
    It is a pretty strict mechanic check and a lot of players are probably going to have issues executing the fight and keeping up the needed dps. That said the gear next patch is quite a bit higher and the dps check will feel a lot lower.

Its fine. Just takes the right tactic and a bit of practice. I guess its pretty hard with lower item levels, but 502 lfr loot should close this gap for everyone.
    It would be boring to get green fire without any challenge right? And i guess blizz has the same oppinion. As i said, it was my 2. toon today and they made kanrethad harder compared to when i was there when the ptr was live the first time. (and he was not easy back then either)

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    It is a pretty strict mechanic check and a lot of players are probably going to have issues executing the fight and keeping up the needed dps. That said the gear next patch is quite a bit higher and the dps check will feel a lot lower.
    Its fine. Just takes the right tactic and a bit of practice. I guess its pretty hard with lower item levels, but 502 lfr loot should close this gap for everyone.
    It would be boring to get green fire without any challenge right? And i guess blizz has the same oppinion. As i said, it was my 2. toon today and they made kanrethad harder compared to when i was there when the ptr was live the first time. (and he was not easy back then either)
    k, it sounds like its going to be a good challenge. I think its going to be really fun especially since the reward is green fire. and from what you guys are saying by the time a warlock gets 5.2 lfr gear it'll be even easier to do the needed dps. cant wait

Is this comparable in difficulty to the Dragonwrath boss? I remember having a hell of a time just getting to the boss, but once I got there I found the boss itself rather easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Is this comparable in difficulty to the Dragonwrath boss? I remember having a hell of a time just getting to the boss, but once I got there I found the boss itself rather easy.
    I would say getting to the last Kanrethad is about as difficult as difficult as the Dragonwrath quests, but Kanrethad himself is quite a bit more difficult.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's probably fair to say that Kanrethad is one of the more difficult solo challenges in the game.

To me, the difficulty comes moreso from how much you have to manage at any given time, versus actual DPS or mechanic requirements. It requires a lot of situational awareness and quick reaction times, and not making mistakes. Of course, he does have a boatload of health and an enrage timer of sorts.

So, where does the quest start when 5.2 hits live? Any reliable informations from what mobs the questitem drops?

If only rare mobs on the thunder island drop it, i will probably never see it.

So, where does the quest start when 5.2 hits live? Any reliable informations from what mobs the questitem drops?

If only rare mobs on the thunder island drop it, i will probably never see it.
    It is tradable. Though the price may be extortionate at first.