Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 25 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    I am with you, I have farmed a whole ton of normal mobs, no tome but I am also exalted now to give you an idea of how many mobs I have killed.
    Before I start massacring Lions Landing, do we have any form of confirmation on this?
    It does NOT drop in Krasarang Wilds. The website is outdated and that information is from when it was originally intended to be implemented in patch 5.1.

So it looks like the daily reset also resets the scenario. I went back in to try again today and had to start from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    So it looks like the daily reset also resets the scenario. I went back in to try again today and had to start from the beginning.
    That's odd, I was at the last boss for 2 days and never had it reset on me. What phase were you on?
    Last edited by kissmonster; 2013-03-07 at 03:16 PM.

The last one

Oddly enough I couldn't re-do the loot run

Oh and to cap it all off, server restart happened as I was clearing to the end of the loot run (without being able to loot anyhting) and now I have to restart again.
    Last edited by Herrenos; 2013-03-07 at 03:14 PM.

So I rather naively thought that I'd be able to do this with my warlock alt and his mid-470s ilvl, for those of you who have actually beaten kanrethad am I just wasting my time?

Deleted
    Stupid question, but this item only drops on Thunder Isle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    Stupid question, but this item only drops on Thunder Isle?

Yep. Kinda sucks trying to get. One book lootable by dozens of locks, and you hope looting doesn't bug out... not nice at all! Up to 60 rares, saw it once and looting got bugged. 15 VP tomes are sure getting annoying!

Ya you need to be right on top of looting the rare asap when he dies because if the tome does drop, the first lock to loot him gets it...

I would like some confirmation that it can actually drop off random mobs on the Isle of Thunder because, I'm getting pissed off at this annoying and tedious rare farming. I killed about 60 rares yesterday and never saw the tome once, now I'm back at it again. However I would rather spend my day killing hundreds of mobs with a lower chance of getting the tome, than fighting half the locks on my server for looting these rares... if I can even loot at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I would like some confirmation that it can actually drop off random mobs on the Isle of Thunder because, I'm getting pissed off at this annoying and tedious rare farming. I killed about 60 rares yesterday and never saw the tome once, now I'm back at it again. However I would rather spend my day killing hundreds of mobs with a lower chance of getting the tome, than fighting half the locks on my server for looting these rares... if I can even loot at all.
    Agreed, i have farmed 60 Rares and counting. A part from the loot bugging, the worst part is playing the waiting game. Tick Tock.
    Last edited by demonous; 2013-03-07 at 11:01 PM.

Finally got Kanrethad down... that's quite a difficult battle. Must say the scenario would have been a lot nicer if it had some voice acting in there but I guess it would have taken too much time and money.

I used Destruction spec with Sacrifice (Succubus for the knockback which I ended up not using) as I found Ember tap quite useful here. Also when you stun the boss with Pit Lord he takes 100% damage which is very nice for Chaos bolt.

Some people have said it a couple of times here but:
    #1 Enslave the Pit Lord when he summons it - Use it to dispel debuffs (on cd) on you and heal you and stun Kanrethad when he casts Cataclysm
    #2 Teleport out of line of sight when he casts Chaos bolt, also remember to redo your portal at some point as the fight probably last more than 6minutes. Don't use the stun for Chaos bolt as he might do cataclysm right after it and then you're screwed.
    #3 Use the Pit Lords Fel Flame Breath to kill the Imps while standing on top of them (with Rain of Fire, maybe some FnB)
    #4 When Kanrethad summons felhunters you must kill them very quickly and re-enslave the pit lord afterwards. Use Howl of Terror/Shadowfury on them when they spawn and remember to use havoc
    #5 Banish Doom Lord. When the second one comes you can fear that one endlessly and keep the other one banished
    #6 Enjoy fel energies

I FINALLY GOT IT!!!! After about 70 rare kills I managed to be the only warlock attacking Al'Tabim so I looted it right away! Have faith my fellow Warlocks, if you kill them, it will drop.

These rares honestly have the worst system I've ever seen.

9 out of 10 times I can't loot what they drop, the other times it says the mob has loot but I cant see it and I've had it numerous times now that I see the items the mob has and I only get 1-2 items and the rest dissapears.

I've tried relogging / running to the other side of the zone and back / closing WoW and logging in again and I tried reporting it, but I got some bs answer saying they can't see in logs what loot I should've gotten.

And all this for the book, about 30 rares now and I managed to loot 5 of them or so yesterday, today I killed 14 and got nothing.

Isle of Bullshit. God damnit.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I FINALLY GOT IT!!!! After about 70 rare kills I managed to be the only warlock attacking Al'Tabim so I looted it right away! Have faith my fellow Warlocks, if you kill them, it will drop.
    Gratz!

I'm sure this is what they meant with dedicated when they said you needed to be forunate or dedicated to get the drop.

wow, reading these comments i feel really lucky because i got it on my second rare kill, though the last boss himself felt underwhelming

Can anyone tell me the macros they used for the last boss? ones to make the pit lord cast his flame breath on you etc

Should I be able to do this with my gear? are my gems/enchants/reforges/glyphs/talents etc right for this fight?

Any help much appreciated as this is really hard!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Gratz!

I'm sure this is what they meant with dedicated when they said you needed to be forunate or dedicated to get the drop.
    yeah, according to one of my guildies I'm blessed by the loot gods atm. Got new legs fron jin, a mount from a rare and some green fire. The cynic in me however thinks i've probably used up all my luck and now nothing will drop for me till 5.2 :P

Quote Originally Posted by shaaba View Post
    got the quest item from the second rare.
    wiped for some time on this boss, than i started to cast my CB before i stun and stun a just before its went off, so i manage to get 3 CB on each stun.
    also i notice after he cast cata if you use the stun right when it off cd it will be ready for hte next cata.
    manage to it on the second imp phase 504 ilevel.
    if you get him to the second imp phase on 20% its a kill, you can stun him once the imp are out stun him and basicly have as many ShadowBurn as you need to finish him.

the only adivce i got to give is dont waste time dps the imp just Rof and CB the boss let your Pitlord kill them.
    also hit the doomguard with the pitloard before you banish it so it will have aggro if you forget to chain banish him
    and pop your doomguard on 20%, dont know why but i kept forgetting to pop it.
    and dont bother with the teleport just sacrificial pact the cb with full hp and you are fine.
    I used doomguard to help me push the boss TO 20%. If you can get him to 20% by the 2nd imp phase, the damage you get from near infinite embers + Shadowburn from RoF'ing the imps far outweighs having the doomguard up during the execute.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    I've tried relogging / running to the other side of the zone and back / closing WoW and logging in again and I tried reporting it, but I got some bs answer saying they can't see in logs what loot I should've gotten.
    Those never worked for me. Dragging another mob to near the corpse for aoe-looting got me the book.

Good luck.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to leave the scenario to respect and come back to Kanrethad, or do you have to start from the beginning again?