Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 27 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    no idea how you can LoS dispels from feldogs , they dispell him thru wall when i try to park pitlord behind any pillars , also anyone experienced random despawns on gateway?

i'm going crazy.. so many rares and nothing yet.
    Thank god we have this faction system thing, or else i couldn't even get my hopes up.

well... "dedicated enought", that's how it's gonna be for me hahah

Just got it after ~55 rares.

I wonder what happens if you don't have Go Sup. The observer completed the first little quest for me. Does another demon do it if he doesn't?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I don't believe that the loot is shared, I got my tome from Ku'lai and there were about 4 other warlocks around and they didn't get it or see it. (Had to kite a mob to AoE loot, so 0,000001% chance that the tome came from the kited mob :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kissmonster View Post
    The encounter seems to be tuned for Destro. It was the only spec that got my ilvl 491 butt to the second felhunter phase, 44% best attempt after 50+ wipes though. Definitely taking a break for a week and hoping to come back with better gear.
    It would make sense being tuned for Destro, as that is the fire spec

10+ Year Old Account
    if you mean the 1st quest with talking to demons i had supremancy and was demo and wrathguard+voidlord had chat bubbles

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of a shame if the tome is shared. Out of every rare kill I've done, it bugged out 90% of the time for me, forcing me to relog before I could loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    if you mean the 1st quest with talking to demons i had supremancy and was demo and wrathguard+voidlord had chat bubbles
    Oh maybe it's just the first demon you talk to.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Hi 42 boss killed and no codex. I guess drop rate is around 1%. Nowhere near what I would call a "decent" drop rate.

As for the loot bug, sometime juste waiting 2 min do the trick. It's anoying though.

<= Sad warlock

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    exactly what i mean, as long as you did NOT get a tome of valor, your " assigned" loot is still there, you *ALWAYS* get a tome from a rare kill, might take you a while to actually loot it, but you get it
    On Ku'lai once, I got a Tome of Valor and started to leave when a guildie said the Sealed Tome was on it (wasn't showing more loot for me). I dragged a mob close to the corpse and aoe-looting gave me the Sealed tome.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Oh maybe it's just the first demon you talk to.
    I talked to my imp, Void Lord (gave me first part), and Shivarra (completed second part)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i got it, opened the loot window, clicked on it, then suddently loot window disappeared, And i couldnt loot. A few others warlock looted after me, they could see the sealed tome of the lost legion, aswell as a monk, the got the valor thingy, But regarding the seaed tome, locks and other classes didnt meet the req. to loot the item, So there is a chance that if someone actually got it, and clicked on it, and loot windodow disappear, you can see others loot aswell. But what i did... i relogged, reload ui. Nothing worked, but pulling another mob sorted that out. Anyway, my point is... there is possible to see the loot, even if it actually dropped for another person. If the person clicking on the item, and it happens like it did to me, loot window just disappeared. But to be on the safe side, you should always get that 15 valor from each rare. Only then you will see if the item was for you or not. Loot is individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    That's in no way true, I saw two locks get Sealed Tomes off the same kill.
    Then our friends at Blizzard need to fix the loot issue. It seems to be a common misconception.

Same thing happened to me today, i could see the tome only for a few seconds but couldnt loot it, we need to know if only the lock thats the fastest on looting can get it or all the locks can ?
    Last edited by n0n3; 2013-03-07 at 11:51 PM.

I cannot do this! Its really starting to pee me off now :/ I feel worthless since i keep dieing to the imps, Everyone else seems to get past them fine but i just cant. They kill me soo easily. Im Deomonology because i have no idea how to play Destruction. Ive always been Demon all my life ive never thought about going another spec. Is there NO way i can do this as demon? Im 489 ilvl which is low i know, but people have done it with lower...

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    I cannot do this! Its really starting to pee me off now :/ I feel worthless since i keep dieing to the imps, Everyone else seems to get past them fine but i just cant. They kill me soo easily. Im Deomonology because i have no idea how to play Destruction. Ive always been Demon all my life ive never thought about going another spec. Is there NO way i can do this as demon? Im 489 ilvl which is low i know, but people have done it with lower...
    People have done it in lower by maxing talents, spec glyphs, consumables, etc. If you want to do this as demo, you probably should be 500+ for a reasonable time, otherwise you are losing out because of the lack of a pet overall, and will be having a bit of a hard time on felhounds compared to a similar geared destro toon. The destro part is not hard, it's the other mechanics. What part of the imps phase is killing you? If it's not the chaos bolt, and is just the imps, that is a problem - they only do about 2k a piece so you should be ok unless you have high damage agony on you and it's not getting cleared enough.

Clear those debuffs constantly. Also, you can use charge a third time right as the imps come out for extra damage + safety and it will still be off cooldown when cataclysm needs interrupt. Don't forget to use the pit lords heal if you get low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    I went Destro just for this quest chain, I'm also a Demo lock. Try Destro, you'll probably see a big difference. Also, take breaks. I use a Flask, try for a bit, and when it runs out (or usually before then), I just log and do something else. Granted I don't have a ton of tries under my belt, but I'd imagine it's keeping me from raging out big time.

I hate Destro incredibly and am having trouble learning it for this fight, has anyone downed this guy as Affliction?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, and I'll probably end up flamed for this. But after having seen the fight, I really hope this is not what Blizzard intended for it to be. I do see a lot of players who don't want it nerfed, and understandably because it is a very difficult encounter. But you have to keep in mind that the entire reason this was implemented was to cater to a more casual audience. The people who pleaded with Blizzard for 7 years to have green fire were not the extremely dedicated players, but the average player. This fight in its current incarnation is not meant for an average player. The amount of attention this requires is on par with raid encounters. Its not a gear dependent fight, nor should it be. But I really disagree with a lot of people who think it should be something as difficult as it is. If you keep treating this the way you currently are I doubt others will be able to share in the fun of unique class altering quests in the future.

Don't make this a failure on Blizzard or the community's part, understand that majority of people who wanted this will likely not be able to complete the quest for some time.

This is just a quest for green fire, don't act like it is some sort of rank or status.

Yes, but everyone will eventually outgear that boss.

That and blizzard has always been ok with prestige cosmetic stuff spreading slowly as a reward for something that's rare or difficult to do.