Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 30 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    And in an all of a sudden I start to take an insane amount of damage from SOMETHING usually when I port behind a pillar or so- not standing in stuff, only having the debuffs on me I get from time to time :l? It's absolutely insane- I start dropping from 100% to 80- 40- 10- dead.
    Excruciating Agony hurts like a bitch, are you dispelling on CD? Are you using the Pit Lords heal? Also make sure you're not standing in his Reign of Fire, though that goes without saying.

Deleted
    Maybe I should look into this "dispel" that I don't know of I've only really been watching successful kills by other warlocks and I could not find someone using a dispel button!

Edit: Totally just discovered that breath button being invisible on my pets bar along with the other stances- so that'll explain the no debuff remover! :l
    Last edited by mmoc264ec5d525; 2013-03-08 at 08:53 PM.

Maybe I should look into this "dispel" that I don't know of I've only really been watching successful kills by other warlocks and I could not find someone using a dispel button!
    The pit lords flame breath ability dispels if you stand in it You can also sac an imp for its dispel in case you need it for emergencies while LoSing your pit lord.

Deleted
    What are the DPS requirements on this fight really? I keep getting back to a second phase of Felhunters and I have that Doomguard banished, so how does one control the felhunters D:

Everyones going to hate me.

I got the book on the first rare i helped kill.

got to the final boss last night but he cleaned the floor with me a bunch of times as affliction. Will have to try destruction tonight.

Deleted
    I'm sorry if it's been asked before, but is there anyway to disable the spell once learned?
    And of course to put it back on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Periculosa View Post
    I'm sorry if it's been asked before, but is there anyway to disable the spell once learned?
    And of course to put it back on?
    You can walk to the alter in Shadowmoon Valley where you first obtained it and then speak to Mrs. something and she'll turn it back onto red- back to green again if you ever so desire!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are the DPS requirements on this fight really? I keep getting back to a second phase of Felhunters and I have that Doomguard banished, so how does one control the felhunters D:
    this is the bit that gives me the most trouble too, but im not sure why its any different to the first felhunter phase :s

the way to handle the fel hunters is to run your pitlord away before they come, then immo>conflag>havoc the first one. DS>chaos bolt the second>chaos bolt the 3rd.

they are all on low health now, so i stun them with shadowfury and finish them off ASAP. if pit lord get freed, make sure to enslave him again before he is in mellee since his stun and breath HURT

I did like this:

1st wave of fellhunters i just used dark soul (second time using, the first being at the start of the fight after you get control of pit lord), but NO SERPENT potion, havoc > chaos bolt is a must.

2nd wave of fellhunters i used everything (sacrificial pact, unending, siphon life all togheter), potion 4000 int and dark soul, have your embers stored for this part and conflag too. IF you can manage the second wave and have been doing good with the pit lord and timing your chaos bolts and dps, you're have past the worse.

Dps requirements i can't say for sure, but i can give you a tip. With soul leech, and Charge from pit, you can get 200k shield from 2 chaos bolts well timed, and so you can dps way harder without worry about healing or moving TOO much (especially in the imp phase).

Deleted
    Just killed him after about 20-25 wipes (lol)

Got to love the mechanics and stuff on this boss, was a real challenge watching 40 things at once and controlling a pet (cos got used to using sac)

Was a great fight, bring on the Green Fire!

hint: The Pit Lords heal, REALLY helps.

Deleted
    I didn;t bother with banishing felpup. seemed liek a waste of time, especially since i needed to move them behind a pillar so my pit lord could go back to kanrethad.
    I killed off the first two pretty quick with havoc'd chaos bolt and some conflag/sburns though.

I didn;t even know pit lord had a heal (forgot to read all his abilities), so i ened up using a couple embers now and then for heals instead of dps :P

Deleted
    Um...After you leave the Black Temple area,do you need to kill Kanrethad again in order to swap back to red fire?Wtf?because when i try to enter BT again,the boss is up again.

Deleted
    I still can't get around how retarded this fight actually is when you're still in but a few blues (a significant one being my 471 staff) and a ring, helm and shoulders- basicly having trouble getting the hounds- where if I follow a tactic of a non-banish mode- then with banish it seems to be alright- but then the boss is just waltzing around taking no damage and just having me as a target of choice for devastating missiles >.< I regret coming back to WoW for this questline! But I will succeed, in another 30-40 wipes!

Everything I did back on the Tarecgosa Questline was a one shot go literally- same for the Rogue questline- now this complex mix of shits left - shit on the right - and the same right up ahead of you = (
    Last edited by mmoc264ec5d525; 2013-03-08 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    Can someone, who completed the quest on US-Servers please check, if he is able to do the normal Black Temple raid?

Situation for me:
    1) I can still enter the scenario and it restarts at the final step
    2) If i try to do the normal Black Temple Raid, I can enter the instance, but will find myself in a mobless Temple. I can't leave the raid without using my hearthstone, as the instance-portal doesn't work and I find myself locked in the sewers, as there is no Naj'entus to defeat and the end of the sewage is locked up.

Please try if Black Temple still works normally for you and make a thread on the US-Forums about it (Bug-Report?), if it doesn't. I can't post it myself, as I'm an EU-Player and Blizzard seems not to be aware of that Bug (if it affects other people too?). Contacting a german Gamemaster didn't help either.

This problem really bugs me, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account

Picture related.

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-09 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^Absolutely using this.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonZapdos View Post

Picture related.
    This pretty much says it all.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    FELHUNTERS
    Watch felhunter casting, be ready to start casting Chaos bolt on the first one and instantly click Pit Lord charge on it. 1 shot.
    Havoc the 2nd and start walking backwards Chaos bolt the 3rd one. Conflag/Inci/Shadowburn those two.

-----------------------------
    /cast [target=Focus] charge
    /tar pit lord
    /cast Enslave Demon

This was the key for my kill
    Last edited by dennisshj; 2013-03-08 at 11:29 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    finally killed it. cant count how many wipes, most on the second felhunter phase for some. i wasnt expecting it but... fel meta?! amazing. best surprise ever
    shame no fel dreadsteed though

macro's i found helpful:

/target pit lord
    /cast enslave demon
    /targetlasttarget

/target doom lord
    /cast banish
    /targetlasttarget
    Last edited by Viggers; 2013-03-09 at 01:38 AM.

I don't know if any other Warlocks have tried using the green hellfire in a raid, but I pretty much had to stop using it as everyone in raid was getting 10-20 FPS drops everytime I used the spell, and slowly got worse the longer i channeled it. Rain of fire isn't as bad but it still also drops FPS a little. Tried looking on the WoW forums for a possible bug report, but didn't find anything.
    Last edited by Caides; 2013-03-09 at 12:57 AM.