Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 40 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guess I'll just wait for Blizzard to nerf it into something not in the realm of impossibility for a fucking cosmetic change.

There are multiple ways to down this boss. I did it as destro and this fight seems to be more geared towards destro since you can 1 shot the felhunters with charge+chaos bolt. The fight isn't as difficult as people are making it out to be. If the LoS strat isn't working, try a different way of handling the felhunters. Here is an example, If you are affy, spec into howl of terror, when hunters come out, fear them and your pitlord. Kill them one by one and it's gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Why implement unavoidable RNG in an encounter which, otherwise, is a shitload of fun.
    It isn't unavoidable. The Annoying Imps come from the Seeds that he puts on you, if you dispell them before they pop you will get zero Imps.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Guess I'll just wait for Blizzard to nerf it into something not in the realm of impossibility for a fucking cosmetic change.
    It isn't anywhere near impossible.

The simple truth is that most MMO-Champ forum-goers are generally above-averaged and are certainly more well-informed, so if most of us are having problems, I'll wager that the lion's share of players are completely hopeless.

I've done many Class-quests before, and this simply is too difficult. Just because some people are able to accomplish it doesn't make it feasible, and the entire chain is just horrendously unbalanced (nothing about the final boss syncs-up with the difficult of the preceding quests), and given that there was a lot of excitement built-up around finally being able to acquire Green-Fire, it feels like a total bait-and-switch to suddenly make it exclusive for the world's most elite players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    The only thing I would considering beyond a fucking joke when it comes to this encounter is the "Annoying Imp" who just loves to stun you when you are mid-enslave demon cast for your pitlord, kanrathed is on 2% health and it fails, the pitlord charges you, when you finally enslave the thing, kanrathed uses cataclysm...

But charge is on Cooldown now

Why implement unavoidable RNG in an encounter which, otherwise, is a shitload of fun.
    The Annoying Imp can be prevented by making sure your debuffs are dispelled. It appears when the Seed of Destruction thing detonates.

There are however several annoying issues with the encounter:
    - If the Annoying Imp stuns you during the summon, the thing being summoned will spawn on top of you. Very annoying if this is a Felhunter which should otherwise be facing away from your Pit Lord. Yes, it's preventable by dispelling, but if you're otherwise managing everything else fine, this one thing can easily wipe you.
    - Kiting the Felhunters can cause them to 'spin' as they adjust their position around you, when they do this, they face your Pit Lord and dispel the enslave. Irritating when you're backpeddling (!) to your Gateway nice and smooth like to be ready for the Chaos Bolt.
    - You can't click your Gateway, even if you have the Cogwheel if the Doom Lord is Banished anywhere near it. Not really anything you can do about that, he's a caster, he stands where he pleases, and that Gateway looks so comfortable.
    - Fel Flame Breath is just really shit at dispelling, not sure if the damage outranges the dispel or what, but you can be sat in the fire, taking obscene damage but nothing goes away (not just referring to Backlash or Imp, which can't be dispelled anyway).

So yeah, either Blizzard are watching my tries because they actually hate me (probably true) and are just causing any one, or more of those glitches on any pull I get past the Felhunters or I am just completely out of luck (also probably true). I'll go with the former though, since I found the Tome on like my 7th rare, and now they taunt me :|

It's not impossible, but it is incredibly unforgiving if you're lower than 500 ilvl.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-03-11 at 12:10 AM.

Ok honestly, what the fuck are those circles that slow and damage you like hell? I just finally got past the felhunter phase and that shit wiped me cause it was put on my portal.

God damn it.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Ok honestly, what the fuck are those circles that slow and damage you like hell? I just finally got past the felhunter phase and that shit wiped me cause it was put on my portal.

God damn it.
    The biggest fail of the encounter design: The use of the same icons for Seed of Destruction and the (undispellable) secondary effect debuffs. This one is Backfire, the other is Annoying Imp.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-03-11 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Thankfully, i was quick enough to make this moment last forever .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    - You can't click your Gateway, even if you have the Cogwheel if the Doom Lord is Banished anywhere near it. Not really anything you can do about that, he's a caster, he stands where he pleases, and that Gateway looks so comfortable.
    Just a helpful tip for Gateway, you can make a macro to target it and then bind 'interact with' to use it. As someone who really sucks at targeting things in the gameworld doing that really made gateway more usable for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not impossible, but it is incredibly unforgiving if you're lower than 500 ilvl.
    I'm guessing it's meant for people with over 500 ilvl. Even the new Lfr gear is 503. Some people will just need to grab up some of the new gear to pull it off.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    The simple truth is that most MMO-Champ forum-goers are generally above-averaged and are certainly more well-informed, so if most of us are having problems, I'll wager that the lion's share of players are completely hopeless.

I've done many Class-quests before, and this simply is too difficult. Just because some people are able to accomplish it doesn't make it feasible, and the entire chain is just horrendously unbalanced (nothing about the final boss syncs-up with the difficult of the preceding quests), and given that there was a lot of excitement built-up around finally being able to acquire Green-Fire, it feels like a total bait-and-switch to suddenly make it exclusive for the world's most elite players.
    +1 i agree. they shouldve made you do a quest just as difficult this to re-roll a warrior last season and i wouldnt be complaining

I hope you don't really believe that.

Couldn't agree more. Needs to be toned down or all gear up scaled or down scaled to a set level like challenge modes
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Just a helpful tip for Gateway, you can make a macro to target it and then bind 'interact with' to use it. As someone who really sucks at targeting things in the gameworld doing that really made gateway more usable for me.
    I shall look that up, not sure if I have any buttons left to bind and just adds to my woes on this thing that I need yet another macro.

Couldn't they have made a multi-phase encounter, where each phase used a different Demon, so you know, we used our Warlock skills, not some Pit Lord skills we'll never see again? :\

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I'm guessing it's meant for people with over 500 ilvl. Even the new Lfr gear is 503. Some people will just need to grab up some of the new gear to pull it off.
    I think this is totally true, I guess if the quest was more stretched out the ramp up from - flying around talking to people -> one shotting some easy mobs in BT -> Easy boss you only need to stun/interupt the AoE -> Needs top drawer gear from this tier or 'some' stuff from the new - the whole thing might feel a little less insane.

So yeah, I think it's tuned okay for where they want it to be; but I think they let people get to it too easily to begin with. Would have made the story much less anticlimactic too.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-03-11 at 12:39 AM.

I still say they should of decided on an ilvl and scaled people up or down accordingly
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Like I said; nerf the final boss, beef the rest of the quest-line up, add a Feat of Strength, and add the option to fight his pre-nerf form for a unique Title. Seems like a Win-Win, to me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

The fight is technical, it's not difficult. You just have to get the motions down. The fight is so technical you can do the same exact button presses at the same exact time and get the same exact results. If you're having problems with it, chances are it's solely because you're not utilizing the Pit Lord properly. I'd say at least 2/3rds of the fight depend on the Pit Lord being managed well.

Blizzard isn't going to nerf the encounter. There's absolutely no reason to nerf it. Like people point out, it's simply a cosmetic change geared toward people who have the determination and skill to get the Tome and finish it. It will naturally nerf itself to an extent as gear improves, but Blizzard has absolutely no reason to nerf the encounter itself. They haven't touched the DTR quest, or any class specific quest, and those had specific DPS improvement rewards. This is a simple cosmetic change.

The biggest fail of the encounter design: The use of the same icons for Seed of Destruction and the (undispellable) secondary effect debuffs. This one is Backfire, the other is Annoying Imp.
    Undispellable has a red border, which I consider the biggest success. I know exactly what the effect is by icon, and whether or not I can do anything about it by border.

Quite frankly, I'm very happy with the difficulty. I tested it on the PTR and it was incredibly, boringly easy. It was unsatisfying when you completed it. This difficulty separates people who want to work for it and those who just want things given to them, and I love that. Like I said above, it's not a difficult fight. You don't have to relearn anything, or even manage your abilities extremely well. You have to practice and get your system of button pushes down. You can do the same thing, pull after pull, until you find the system that works. I'm almost positive everyone will have green fire by next expansion through the trainer anyway. It doesn't make sense lore-wise or game-wise to have people have to go back and farm old content for this type of change after it's been unlocked and shared through the council. You probably won't need to do this if you want green fire, you just need to do it if you want green fire NOW. If you want it now that badly, you should put in the work, just like anything else.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Personally, I don't want green fire. I just don't like the color green, red is just fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    Personally, I don't want green fire. I just don't like the color green, red is just fine for me
    if you want a LOOOOOOOOOT of fun, do it for karenthad's fight only.

@Jessicka

The more you wipe the more you will enjoy your reward :P
    toooootally worth it, i wiped countless times (had NO TIPS in here at the time, as soon as pokeadot posted his macro for breath along with ppl helping on other things makes it easy).

@Karenthad

Just do it a lot of times and eventually you will improve and "record" the whole fight, making it easier.

Killed my 200. rare without a drop 10 minutes ago. Who offers more? ...

Im starting to give up hope.