Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's tuned for "average" players to be in full 502 lfr gear + shado pan assault rep gear ... so probably an average closer to 508 or so ?

I'm thinking, anyway. That much extra gear will buy a LOT of breathing room. I'm 498 equipped (with full afflic reforging / gemming) and rng on crits and ember generation make a world of difference on the felhunters, which are what are tripping me up.

If I could manage these tricks people are using to not get ol' boy (pitlord) dispelled, I could do this. I've tried a couple things and nothing works for me, so I guess I'm doing it wrong since multiple people are reporting it working. I actually almost have no clue how I've gotten past the pups a couple time.

It just makes me so frustrated with myself that the one time I got him to execute I died to the stupid freaking 2nd imp phase ... I probably lost my enslave due to time ... and I even have the unenslave macro ... either way not sure if he turned on me or if I forgot a dispel or something, but with the imps up for the endless embers I should have been able to do it ...

Man, sucks so bad I'm going on vacation and I don't have a laptop. Oh well. Maybe I'll get green fire for my birthday later in the month.
    Just place your pit lord BEHIND the demonic gateway that Kan comes out, Put a RoF on top of the Gateway, the felhunter will aggro on you and never look back to dispell your pit lord. (You can now stand within the 10 yds range for the breath, dispell in time)
    Dont forget to reenslave him somewhere at a safe point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Just place your pit lord BEHIND the demonic gateway that Kan comes out, Put a RoF on top of the Gateway, the felhunter will aggro on you and never look back to dispell your pit lord. (You can now stand within the 10 yds range for the breath, dispell in time)
    Dont forget to reenslave him somewhere at a safe point.
    I dont know why people keep saying they will never "look back" to dispel him. I can tell you that they have every time I've tried this strategy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I dont know why people keep saying they will never "look back" to dispel him. I can tell you that they have every time I've tried this strategy.
    Are you sure they are dispelling and it's not your 5 minute timer running out? And are you aggroing all 3 felhunter when they spawn?

Yes. Because it happens the first time too. And yes.

Funny, a quest chain that was supposed to make you love being a Warlock has resulted me in hating mine. Even when I beat it (Which I will probably just have to outgear it because of how utterly fucking stupid the mechanics are), I'm not going to like it. I can already tell. People going "Oh well once you beat it you'll realize how great an encounter it is" are full of crap. I've hit a point where I am so infuriated that I want to physically choke somebody at how dumb they've made the skill bar for a cosmetic change.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-03-12 at 06:53 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Funny, a quest chain that was supposed to make you love being a Warlock has resulted me in hating mine. Even when I beat it (Which I will probably just have to outgear it because of how utterly fucking stupid the mechanics are), I'm not going to like it. I can already tell. I've hit a point where I am so infuriated that I want to physically choke somebody at how dumb they've made the skill bar for a cosmetic change.
    I feel the exact same way. It's so frustrating and every video you watch of people doing it and it looking so easy makes you want to choke someone even more.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's tuned for "average" players to be in full 502 lfr gear + shado pan assault rep gear ... so probably an average closer to 508 or so ?
    I'm 502 ilvl and still having a hard time with this......not because of DPS but because of the fel-hunters constantly purging the pit-lord with me getting aggro of them first, and my pit-lord being in easy jabib and LOSed from them.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Funny, a quest chain that was supposed to make you love being a Warlock has resulted me in hating mine. Even when I beat it (Which I will probably just have to outgear it because of how utterly fucking stupid the mechanics are), I'm not going to like it. I can already tell. I've hit a point where I am so infuriated that I want to physically choke somebody at how dumb they've made the skill bar for a cosmetic change.
    QFT!

I got fed up, dropped out of the scenario, and haven't touch the damn quest line, nor plan to do so in the near future. But, I'm just one of millions, a drop in the ocean.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Iv been stuck on kanrethad for a week now, with 492 gear =( ill never have green fire.

I feel your pain

Deleted
    I guess alternativly you could spec into howl of terror, banish the pit lord before the felhunter come, fear the puppies, kill them, reenslave, portal the chaos bolt and work from there

Edit: My Lord used to get dispelled too, then i just put him in the far corner behind the portal 5-10 sec before felhunters would come, and it has always worked for me, not sure what else to advice you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkanja View Post
    QFT!

I got fed up, dropped out of the scenario, and haven't touch the damn quest line, nor plan to do so in the near future. But, I'm just one of millions, a drop in the ocean.
    Its also fun when you try to argue that it's legitimately too hard for a cosmetic change and you're automatically regulated into the column of being a terrible player.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpslap View Post
    I think its the fact that I have the charge on cd at all times during the first phase then when the fel hunters come out I have the most trouble I have no idea what to do with my pit lord.
    You should really only be using your charge to interupt the bosses Cataclysm spell. Everything else can be self healed through and using the pit-lords heal to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeviah View Post
    You should really only be using your charge to interupt the bosses Cataclysm spell. Everything else can be self healed through and using the pit-lords heal to get through.
    Considering he doesn't actually use cataclysm until after the Fel Imps, you can use it at least 4-5 times before you need to have it prepared. You'll basically have to use it constantly to win from my experiences. I've gotten him to about 40% once, and it was during the time he was summoning the 2nd Fel Imps. I could do so much more damage, but at that point in the fight, the amount of things you need control is just stupid. And then the Felhunters just literally ruin it all. They could so easily make the fight tons more doable without pissing off the oddly-rigid "DONT NERF IT EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY BEAT IT" crowd by reducing their number from 3 to 2.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-03-12 at 07:01 AM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its also fun when you try to argue that it's legitimately too hard for a cosmetic change and you're automatically regulated into the column of being a terrible player.
    Welcome to the WoW community!

Yea im too having trouble with the fel hounds.
    I manage to burn down the first 2 using havoc etc but just after that the pit lord is on top of me humping my leg no matter where i stick him...or in utter panic i forget about what Kan is up to them boom chaos bolt to THE FACE!!!

I saw a thread about sticking the pit lord behind a pillar to LOS the dispell, they say it works so im going to work on that next time i try.
    My gear is shit only 487ilvl as i dont commit myself no more to guild raids so i just stick to lfr,,,so i know ill not be able to get him down quick enough untill ive got tot lfr and faction gear but at least i get to learn the summon phases ready to smack this gimp back into his portal.

Deleted
    well the imps does say it in the fight:
    You didn't think he would just GIVE you green fire did you? :P

Trust me, once you figure out something for the felhunters you will kill it, and youll be happy about it!

well the imps does say it in the fight:
    You didn't think he would just GIVE you green fire did you? :P

Trust me, once you figure out something for the felhunters you will kill it, and youll be happy about it!
    No, I won't. Trust me. You don't wipe 60+ times and then go "Oh well I won now so its all better." It's still a stupidly difficult fight for absolutely no reason and the only reward is a cosmetic change.

The felhunter mechanic is the dumbest pve mechanic I've dealt with in a long, long time. And its because they chose 3 instead of 2.

I guess I'm just going to play HotS until they decide they should nerf it. It was honestly such a disincentive to 5.2 dealing with this bull.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-03-12 at 07:05 AM.

Deleted
    So, it looks like Blizzard won't nerf it in the near future:
    Any worse on whether Kanrethad might receive some kind of nerf? I've given all I've got, and I just can't do it as-is
    Maybe someday. For now, the fight is more about execution and using all your tools than DPS.
    So you can either keep trying, or stick to your orange fire. It's entirely up to you.

Deleted
    No, I won't. Trust me. You don't wipe 60+ times and then go "Oh well I won now so its all better." It's still a stupidly difficult fight for absolutely no reason and the only reward is a cosmetic change.
    Well if it won't be worth it to you, i suggest you stop trying and do something you do enjoy.
    No use beating yourself up over this

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    So, it looks like Blizzard won't nerf it in the near future:

So you can either keep trying, or stick to your orange fire. It's entirely up to you.
    Your pretentiousness is cute. Blizzard's is even more so.

I was doing Kanrethad with my crap pvp gear and Demonology spec. (I know destro would be easier). I guess it doesn't help to have your toon geared with tons of resilience and pvp power either.

I can do the all the waves fine though. I've can get there with 2 doomguards up, but dps on boss is just so bad when you have to save cooldowns to get felhunters down. Unfortunately he does keep spawning imp waves even after two doomguards are up. I just got tired of dragging the fight for ages with crap dps. By the way, I didn't bother to CC the doomguards, you can just tank them with your Pit Lord.

Yay! Just downed him and got the green fire. Took all weekend. 2 days of farming the book and a VERY late night for the kill. Thanks for all the awesome advice all. I did a mix of Zum and Zinins techniques.

I set my gate up pretty much where Zum did, but I also put my port a little closer to the alcove so that I could port back into action faster and maintain damage on the boss.

When using pets charge on the boss, precast your Chaosbolt so that you have more time to damage boss during his debuff window.

For Imps:
    I stood at pets tail. Used a damage mitigation cd, RoF, FnB Imm, FnB Incin. When they are all out, use pets Fel Breath. They should vaporize.

For Fel hunters:
    Use pets Fel Breath and Siphon before sending him off to the other side of the room.
    SAVE EMBERS FOR THE DOGS. Demon Soul should be up as well. Have RoF down as they spawn to draw aggro.
    Nuke the first one (CB,Con,SB should do it)
    Havok the second, Shadowfury to buy time, CB the third and finish them off.
    Be ready to port out to LoS CB

For Doom Lord:
    Easy. Just be quick with the Banish or let pet tank him

For those who are wiping over and over:
    Quick resets are key. Buff and summon/sac as you are running in. Summon boss right away, set up ports during RP. Don't even bother wasting food or pots till you get the mechanics down and are going for the kill shot.
    Hang in there. I'm just 496 Item level and mediocre at best. It's a totally scripted fight (no RNG) so you just need to consider what went wrong. Strat? Execution? OMGWTFPANICK? Then adapt and move on.

Thank god he didn't summon a harem of sucubi...
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-03-12 at 02:08 PM.