Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 48 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why are some people complaining about it being too challenging for a cosmetic change?

We are in it for the Prestige! So we can say

"Yeah.. I got my green fire when it was actually a challenge!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Why are some people complaining about it being too challenging for a cosmetic change?

We are in it for the Prestige! So we can say

"Yeah.. I got my green fire when it was actually a challenge!"
    In 3 months it wont be a challenge for anyone, and you wont have any proof you got yours sooner. What value of "prestige" then?

Go and get yourself a Gladiator title and/or current Heroic raiding title, then you can talk about prestige. If you have them already, well done, grats. Don't you have enough shiny already? How about bigger avatars? Sparkles? An auto-emote that spams "I am the greatest" every time someone new comes in target range?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-03-12 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    In 3 months it wont be a challenge for anyone, and you wont have any proof you got yours sooner. What value of "prestige" then?

Go and get yourself a Gladiator title and/or current Heroic raiding title, then you can talk about prestige. If you have them already, well done, grats. Don't you have enough shiny already? How about bigger avatars? Sparkles? An auto-emote that spams "I am the greatest" every time someone new comes in target range?
    If getting a current heroic title depended solely on my individual skill and not an entire raid of people, that would be amazing. Unfortunately, that is not reality. I don't see the big deal in waiting a few weeks to get more gear which will trivialize this fight for you if some people can't do it with their current gear. This is a purely cosmetic change and blizz decided they wanted to make it challenging to get at first, just like challenge mode gear, or raid mounts. Their is no in-game advantage to green fire. The people who really want to get it now, will get it. The people who can't, will get it eventually.

Deleted
    I just have bad luck and like to eat massive chaos bolts...

Guess he is going down tonight after raid ><

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just did this after probably a good 40-50 wipes and I got it on what was going to be my last try so that was pretty awesome.

My ilvl is 474 with a combination of heroic blues, a couple of rep items and a couple pieces of malevolent pvp items so for those with lower gear wondering if it's possible without mostly awesome gear LFR/Raid gear - it is. Here's my armory if you're wondering. It took me 13ish minutes (yeah, pretty slow - I'm not too hot at destruction under pressure) so it required a Purification Potion.

Talents necessary: Soul Leech, Unbound Will, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning. Take your pick of Shadowfury/Mortal Coil and Dark Bargain/Sacrificial Pact as in this tactic I didn't actually use them at all.
    Necessary glyphs: Minor: Enslave Demon. Major: Siphon Life, Fear, Healthstone.

I used a couple of auras for weakauras to make it easier to track chaos bolt and the curse of doom when it reached <30 seconds left.

Chaos Bolt Cast - got this from a thread on the WoW US forum so if you're reading this, cheers!
    Code:
    diumiaqiIsQlruQprQYOiL4uKs5wKsAxirggPshdP0YqcEgvPMgP4AqOTreFdPyCuL05qI6GqQfQu9qI0eHk1fHGnskvFujYiHk5KefVKQeZKuv3KQyNev)ejzOiPwQs4PGPQWvjkrFvjQMlPI9k(RKgmuXHrSyuQhJunzOCzvBMQ6ZsmAuYPv0QjkjVwjkZgIUnk2nHFtYWvklNkpNY0L66OA7kPVJeA8qsNhQA9eLW(HehAZiataSayzeWxjAyklEKtdfcGkv((27ODePHgDPGgA9MwAq0BePrJM4RvnigaBABij4hh1oGuweLHco7kKnk4SGlK1bWtLVV9oAxIUEvIxPmnA0GiT6szAKqB81QgnbCVmvIb(ThOpQDac9EQewgbSM46mcGPQfKkkg2bWuvMBgP8ShatvnfxGL9am3ms51g)2dSaTm4UUC0lKlJ8LcykUalGmI(oFc9RdAmmLW0z5NSm0ChX0HAffVdn3rmphBs0buCbMPJrrLd70zPOKQucGPQ05wRyc7aMIlWQ0zreIJmGhI13LoG)umnwzeWuCbwaqXfy6i1DsZDxhVOqQkeNqhz5IQxuivfItunKe86sbkrrYAamv1uCbw2tNoa20KvCb9EU(ShODZs5UmcykUJ(5IzhWxrNBbW4ospvIascWCZiLxvB3rALlG)uGPf9KTPN2cGDR5Izhydjb)DbA8BpWxVOdyBhjs5eMhqklIYqbNDfYoa3E1uCh9lNW8Woa3Ef7wZfZo7b(6fDaPSink445Mrkpa3E1uCh9h2bmf3r)YjmpGxic3BwemuWbb2kbsf9L9am3ms5bKYIOSaC7vB7irkNW8ShGl(6fDGEYCSaC7vtXD0pxm7ShGBVYCZiLN9aC7vMBgP8b(TN9am3ms5d8BpGuCHEu9alvxGwgCx3PcGkcEOAGq6atSa0zrugBfYoafNynRODjisRgktJ3sOvdfOrIeD9A81QgnbeCMHBwk3zroIby9zHvhTJOUsKGOgjEJiLruIeV9ws81QgjbSJ0NA1u0b2PAmOYZczwcxJaiveSmc4uiFgby4i7zgPthGBVsxXWM0zpDacg2SNkbbzTDZs5olJiN2mc0UzPCxgb42RMI7OF5eMN9an(Th4Rx0b4IVErhONmhlGP4o6xoH5b8cr4EZIGHcoiWwjqQOVShaJ7i9ujcijaZnJuEvTDhPvUa(tbMw0t2MEAlGXz)1lAQD3FIAaGAe0x)am3ms5bKYIOmuWHTczhGBVYfZo7bmo7VErdCF)jQbQsrdJkmqVyeGlMDGnKe83fGBVYCZiLN9aF9IoGuwKgfC8CZiLhGBVYCZiLpWV9ShG5MrkFGF7bKIl0JQhyP6c0YG76ovaurWdvdeshGlA3SuUlJ0PJCkKrG2nlL7YiqJF7b(6fDaU4Rx0b6jZXcGXDKEQebKe4Rx0bKYI0OGJNBgP8agN9xVOP2D)jQbaQrqF9dWCZiLhGolIYcWCZiLxvB3rALlG)uGPf9KTPN2cWTxzUzKYZEaJZ(Rx0a33FIAGQu0WOcd0lgb42Rm3ms5d8Bp7byUzKYh43EaP4c9O6bwQUaTm4UUtfave8q1aH0b4I2nlL7YiD6i37mc0UzPCxgbA8BpWxVOdWfF9IoqpzowamUJ0tLiGKaF9IoGuwKgfC8CZiLhW4S)6fn1U7prnaqnc6RFaMBgP8a0zruwaU9kZnJuE2dyC2F9Ig4((tuduLIggvyGEXia3EL5MrkFGF7HDaMBgP8QA7osRCb8NcmTONSn90w6aCr7MLYDzKoDKRjJaTBwk3LrGg)2d81l6aCXxVOd0tMJfaJ7i9ujcijWxVOdiLfPrbhp3ms5bmo7VErtT7(tudauJG(6hGBVYCZiLh2bmo7VErdCF)jQbQsrdJkmqVyeGBVYCZiLpWV9ShG5MrkFGF7bKIl0JQhyP6c0YG76YrVqUmYxkDaUODZs5UmsNoD6awaAPKgkrdLOCG1iNwn6QB6e
    Curse of Ultimate Doom <30 seconds remaining
    Code:
    dGt4baGlf41OkMPeQ5sOMnOUjQi3wQ2jrAVu7gI9lr)ei)La)gLdl03uKbljdxP6GkOLrshtvDoIAHOIAPOkTyuPSCOEOeYtrESI65cMiHmvvzYqA6QCEjLRQqEMKQRdYgjItRKntQTJkyya67kuttkZdvOrIkvFwPmAGA8OsCsc6waCnuv3dvsBJexw04KG93ptltcrUeRJZPyHZmKGyApHHfqGJOSXcgcHJG0IIyEqYqWuW0FqBW0aztDtOMq9ZunqADiplfGA9jt4CBXqE12ttRzgIjywe1ptygC6NPoe8T8ZNpFMwOMMHWHKPHGVvpEzzfkJ1nD412wI9Zeo7MQd0eAYniT(vBpnX9H8YjjJk2esSNb)S0VPIGWHSSIPlRgbFRE8YYkrmw3NjC2bTN44XWM4ixnbfsEZU5SptJxOhylrPGSYN)VP2Kv5RiRynGMIjUasRd5zja4RcCsDQqBsw9RYV1SgqBYecu)HxBBjoyPFtGZ1g4ZsukiR8BQfQ3KL)FGnRb0u8zk6NPIGWHSSIPlRgbFRE8YYkrmw3KqKlX64Ckw4mdjiM2tyybe4ikBSGHq4iiTOiMhKme8zIdw6VbeOpBa

I used the same macros everyone else used so I wont paste those again.

My strategy took cues from others here so thank you very much for posting your tips here! I'm going to my strategy in as much detail as possible and hopefully it will aid those struggling in some way.
    1. Before the fight buff (food, flask, dark intent, sacrifice imp) place the demonic circle as pictured here

2. Summon him, when he stops still and starts targetting you count to 4, use a potion, curse of elements, cast rain of fire, Dark Soul and trinkets and just get a good nuking in on him.

3. Stand very close to the portal so that the Pit Lord won't charge you (at least, that's what my theory was) Use the enslave macro ASAP to get the Pit Lord, use the stun on the very first chaos bolt and continue nuking. If he runs to the middle and starts to cast cataclysm, it will stop and fail before he finishes.

4. Continue to DPS him and try and use up your embers before he summons the imps. Move the pit lord just in front of the portal and stand in the portal yourself when he starts summoning the imps. When he gets about half way through his cast, cast the fel flame breath on yourself using the macro and follow it up with your own rain of fire - chain chaos bolt until you need to flame breath/heal yourself or apply rain of fire again.

5. When he casts Chaos Bolt use the Demonic Circle: Teleport but in my experience he actually fails the one he does during the first imp phase and changes to soul fire so this may not be needed right now. Get into the habit of re-placing your Demonic Circle when you Teleport since you don't want it to despawn and it's quite easy to miss with everything else that's going on.

6. Emerge from behind the pillar, continue to DPS him and then charge the Cataclysm when he does it. I tried to get at least 1 Chaos Bolt on him during this but I didn't want to use more Embers at this point since you'll need them to destroy the Fel Hunters in time. When he starts moving to the centre to centre to Cataclysm, move here so that you can move the Pit Lord easily

7. When the stun wears off, move the pit lord behind the pillar (as pictured here) and put Rain of Fire onto the portal entrance. Move to the opposite side of the portal that the Pit Lord went to

8. Use your personal dispels before the Fel Hunters arrive if needed. Walk backwards (or whatever) away from the Fel Hunters toward the side of the room (like this) and immolate+curse of elements first, immolate+curse of elements the second, immolate, curse of elements and havoc the 3rd. pop dark soul, chaos bolt the 1st/2nd and just nuke with all you've got where needed. This is probably horribly inefficient but like i said, i play destruction pretty badly under this much pressure and at the very least there was only 1 fel hunter at 50% ish by the time he ran to the centre for cataclysm.

9. When you are walking away from the fel hunters, stop at the point marked on the previous picture - you will still be in range of your teleport here. When he casts Chaos Bolt, Teleport, get a dispel on if needed and finish off the Fel Hunters. Use Unending Resolve and Healthstone (Glyphed) if they reach you and start eating you.

10. Stun him in Cataclysm, nuke him with everything since you don't need to save up the embers 'til the next Fel Hunter phase. Use the dismiss pet/enslave demon macro before he finishes summoning the Doom Lord.

11. When the Doom Lord appears, send the Pit Lord to get some aggro - I usually left him on the Doom Lord until after the Chaos Bolt. At that point put the Pit Lord back on the boss and Banish the Doom Lord. I only did this because with my gear I ended up getting the pit lord killed on my closest try (1% wipe) just by letting him tank the first doom lord/using his hp to heal me.

12. Re-banish him whenever you have time to once it breaks, it just reduces damage on the pit lord. At this point it is just a repeat of all the above, except now you have to try and banish the Doom Lord when you can and use a purification potion when the Curse of Ultimate Doom is about to run out.

13. When the 2nd Doom Lord appears make sure the first one is banished, send the pit lord to attack the new one. Teleport for the Chaos Bolt, after the Chaos Bolt send the Pit Lord back on the boss and fear the second Doom Lord.

14. Now it's just a case of trying to keep those 2 Doom Lords CCd as much as you can manage, stunning cataclysms and teleporting to avoid chaos bolts.

15. All of the summons after the 2nd doom lord are imps. From here on, repeat the imp phase strategy and keep those Doom Lords CCd. Once he hits <20% use your own Doom Lord and then you can really turn up the heat by spamming Shadowburn while Rain of Fire is on the imps.

16. If Enslave Demon runs out again, pop a defensive cooldown and grab him ASAP and then send him to attack the doom lords (if they came out of CC during this) and soul shatter if you need to

Throughout the fight though, make sure to the Fel Flame Breath on yourself as much as you can - those seed of corruption void zones are massively dangerous as is the annoying imp bastard. Use your unglyphed Ember Tap and the Pit Lord's Demonic Siphon to heal yourself but don't go too crazy on it, he will need that health to tank damage if you want/need him to.

Sorry for the wall of text but I hope this essay helped somebody, good luck!
    Last edited by Detritas; 2013-03-12 at 08:16 PM.

I don't think it's really fair to judge what other people find fun in this game. I, like many others, play this game for challenging content. I think this encounter is the best thing they've put in this game and would not change a thing, other than normalize gear to the same level for all warlocks.

If you are having issues with the Enrage timer debuff, utilize the bug where the first cataclysm doesn't have to be interrupted and stun the first 2 casts of the 7 min Ultimate Doom attack. You can add like a full minute to the enrage by doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    If getting a current heroic title depended solely on my individual skill and not an entire raid of people, that would be amazing. Unfortunately, that is not reality. I don't see the big deal in waiting a few weeks to get more gear which will trivialize this fight for you if some people can't do it with their current gear. This is a purely cosmetic change and blizz decided they wanted to make it challenging to get at first, just like challenge mode gear, or raid mounts. Their is no in-game advantage to green fire. The people who really want to get it now, will get it. The people who can't, will get it eventually.
    Well for me, this is probably the single biggest problem with the game right now. You're right of course that those titles and acheivements cannot be earned alone - and yet people value them personally along with gear; and they judge other individuals based substantially on those things that can only be obtained as a part of a team. It's a paradox that the games needs less of, not more.

This kind of thing solo challenge thing is what Brawlers Guild was made for, but people who liked it beat it now, and no one cares about it anymore. It's kinda sad that people actually want to inflict this on others so they can say "I am the best", when for most intents and purposes, they actually already proved that with their guilds and arena teams. Why this pathalogical need to continue to rub it further into peoples faces?

Hey guys! Just killed the fight last night (500 ilevel) after about 20 or so attempts as Affliction. I ended up choosing the spec I was most familiar with while I concentrated on getting used to the mechanics, and in the end I killed him before I had to throw my hands up in the air and try Destro. :P I won't spend too much time talking about things I've read a lot about here, and instead share a couple of specific things that helped me a lot:

(Warning, wall of text!)

1) My opener was popping Soulburn the moment he leaves the portal so you get 4 shards back with an active one (a few aff videos have shown this), and prepot right as I saw his health bar. That allows for a longer and stronger initial burst rotation.

2) I managed to never get a Cataclysm before Imps, even though he ran to the center. Sometimes he would start casting it, but stop immediately after. That allowed me to use a second charge to interrupt his Chaos Bolt instead and spend a good beginning portion of the fight just nuking him and dispelling. This probably was due to my ilevel and being able to strip away so much of his health initially.

3) My Imp phase went as so:
    -I popped SacPact (paired with any other surv CD as necessary) as he was summoning him.
    -Pit Lord would breath them.
    -I'd continue DPSing the boss while they all spawned with my shield absorbing their attacks.
    -One SB+SoC and one SoC on the same target.
    -Detonate via Fel Flame.
    -Continue DPSing the boss spamming Haunt for a bit thanks to the crazy amount of shards you get back, the Imps all died to Corruption over time.
    -Make sure you don't use all your shards to have a good amount stored for the Felpups!

4) The key to making the fight so much easier for me was Soulshatter. I made sure to use it before the next Chaos Bolt during the Imp phase. The main reason of this is to get the Pit Lord tanking the boss, but it also helps in getting some of the Imps off you as well. When the boss is attacking the Pit Lord, all he does to you is a few debuffs here and there and RoF. I didn't get a single Chaos Bolt during the rest of the fight even though I'd get the warnings he would cast it (presumably because he was still attacking the Pit Lord). By the time I regained aggro, usually Shatter was close to coming off CD to use again. Gateway might work in a similar manner, but I didn't need to use it. I had a few attempts where the second Shatter didn't seem to work properly and the boss kept attacking me, but on my kill attempt it worked both times which was probably the reason it was a kill. This also brings me to my next point:

4) I chose a conservative approach with the Felpups to minimise RNG. With the boss still on my Pit Lord, I moved him around the corner behind one of the lips in the back wall his gateway is docked against. This moves him out of LoS to the Felpups AND the boss while also keeping him quite close to where the boss will run back to cast Cataclysm. Not only will this prevent the enslave being removed as expected, but also causes the boss to run behind the lip to continue attacking the Pit Lord, and is out of LoS with you for all of his casts except RoF. This makes the Felpup phase the easiest of the fight, as you only need to make sure you kill them before the next Cataclysm. You can even tell the Pit Lord to run back out prematurely to get him into position once you're sure the Felpups are facing away from him. I personally just treated the Felpups as standard quest mobs. SB+SS, Haunt x2-3, Drain Soul, repeat. Soul Consumption glyph gives you a lot of healing during this phase too. You can easily heal to full just doing your rotation on this phase.

5) This did result in a slightly longer fight as there were times you couldn't DPS the boss, but I felt that was a small price to pay for the ease at which it made the hardest phase of the fight. In the end it didn't even bother me that I got a second Felpup phase, I just repeated the above strategy. On the attempts that Shatter failed the second time I just kept up the usual strategy of LoSing Chaos Bolts and dispelling as necessary. It's not the end of the world if the boss is still on you as long as the Pit Lord is hiding, it just makes things a lot smoother.

6) REMEMBER TO RE-ENSLAVE THE PIT LORD! Since the Felpups weren't eating the enslave, it will expire during the second Felpup phase (if you get one) which is a very bad thing! I used the burn time before the Doom Lord appeared to right click/dismiss and re-enslave. This will also cause the boss to re-aggro you if he hasn't already, so you might need to contend with a few of his abilities until the next SS. You should keep aggro for a bit to let the Pit Lord have a good enough threat lead after the second SS.

Talents:
    -Soul Leech: With the 5.2 change this has a very noticeable impact on your survivability. The shield did a great job as helping absorb the Fel Breath and RoF dmg.
    -Shadowfury: Honestly, I picked SFury, but I ended up never needing to use it. I'd probably pick Mortal Coil for the heal if I had a go again.
    -Sacrificial Pact: Necessary to lessen the initial damage of the Imp phase, thanks to its short CD. Pair it with Twilight Ward or Unending Resolve for additional benefit (it's off the GCD). The Imp phase was the only time I needed survivability CDs.
    -Unbound Will: This came in handy in the times the Pit Lord was unavailable to dispel. It cleanses ALL magic debuffs off you, so use when you have both Agony and a Seed debuff from the boss. Otherwise...
    -Grimoire of Sacrifice: ...sacrifice an Imp and use Singe Magic, shorter CD but will only remove one debuff.
    -Kil'jaeden's Cunning: Lots of running!

Glyphs:
    -Fear: Didn't end up needing to fear anything, but useful if you get a second Doom Lord (I banished the first, you can fear the second if you get one).
    -Siphon Life: Very useful during the high damage phase of the Imps, as mentioned a few times in this thread.
    -Soul Consumption: Originally had Healthstone here, but being able to DS snipe low HP Imps and each Felpuppy for a 20% heal is nice.
    -Enslave Demon: An amazing glyph for a minor on this fight. Makes it easy to get the cast off before the Pit Lord does anything to you.

A lot of what I did came from compositing ideas from other people's success stories, so I hope some of this post helps contribute to someone's strategy. I prioritised simplifying phases over high dps, which I could afford to do with my ilevel. I'm sure there's a lot that could be done to refine this strategy if I needed to, but that temple summit is going to give me nightmares for a good few months to come, I'll leave that for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritas View Post
    11. When the Doom Lord appears, send the Pit Lord to get some aggro - I usually left him on the Doom Lord until after the Chaos Bolt. At that point put the Pit Lord back on the boss and Banish the Doom Lord. I only did this because with my gear I ended up getting the pit lord killed on my closest try (1% wipe) just by letting him tank the first doom lord/using his hp to heal me.
    You can heal him with health funnel if he is about to die. It restores 6% of his health every second or 15% instantly if glyphed. That's a massive heal because he has over 10 million health. You might need to drop agro with soul shatter or gateway after healing him for millions of hp.

Btw, the pit lord heal on you is enough to make imps target your pit lord if you don't do any dps on imps. Two flames from your pit lord are enough to kill the imps so I didn't bother doing any dps on them myself.

Deleted
    Probably the most difficult thing I've done in wow, but I did it after three nights of wiping. (As demo) So happy now. Excellent quest line and a brutal end encounter for the under-geared :-)

Anyone else get a buggy portal, it cost me about an hour or too of random wiping!

Deleted
    This kind of thing solo challenge thing is what Brawlers Guild was made for, but people who liked it beat it now, and no one cares about it anymore. Why this pathalogical need to continue to rub it further into peoples faces?
    This quest probably makes your average warlock better at playing his own class. It's not about being exclusivist and it's good quest by blizzard in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I don't remember it doing anything. I had GOSUP Voidwalker tank it and slowly rotated around the boss whenever it cast that fire-line. Only other thing I remember it casting was some AOE that wasn't a problem, don't think I even needed to heal my pet, just dpsed the boss down pretty quickly and that was that.
    It was the adds that I had problems with as Affliction.

finally got it, 15 attempts total, 486 ilvl. Was a very frustrating fight indeed.

Deleted
    When reading through several of the guides, I would like to add something that I don't see many people doing..

When the imps spawn, FnB Immolate them (Siphon life glyphed), drop 1 RoF and just spam Chaosbolts on the boss.
    You will have so many embers, you'll not take any damage at all (due to Soul Leech talent feeding off of the Chaosbolts).

On my kill, the boss died on the 2nd wave of imps where I did the same, except spammed Shadowburn with infinite ember regeneration.

As far as the Felhunters are concerned, I simply saved embers for them, havoc'd the first, pitlord stun, double conflag, cast chaosbolt on the 2nd and shadowburn to finish it, the 3rd spawned and dispelled my enslave demon, to which I simply shadowfury'd the felhunter, re-enslaved my demon during the stun and finished off the last remaining felhunter (who had already used his cooldown of devour magic).

All of this re-positioning nonsense actually adds difficulty to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    So you want everything handed to you?

Even if there was no cosmetic change, I'd still want to do this, it's a fun fight. It's extremely challenging and that's what makes it fun.
    Thank you for proving my theory.

An equal fallacy is someone clamoring for nerfs because they can't do something that, in the end, is simply a cosmetic change that doesn't have any real in-game benefit beyond the value the color green has to the individual. Since it's been proven that gear will make it increasingly easier, and average players who adhere to the mechanics beat it, I don't see any reason it should be nerfed in any way. It'll be nerfed in the coming weeks and months far enough as gear improves. Players wanting green fire NOW isn't justification for the nerf. And that's the crux, you want the fire now instead of waiting for your gear to improve in the coming weeks that it will and then come back to it then. Somehow you believe that you deserve it now. The only criteria that proves you deserve it now is your ability to kill the guy, and if you fail that, you don't.
    There's not really a point in arguing with you, especially if you apparently don't understand what a fallacious argument is, and because you keep strawmanning my actual point. But, I have to say, it is fun to watch people like you act like I'm some terrible player wanting free handouts.

( Defeat Kanrethad) Need Help with macros

im not so good with macros any help is welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Idol View Post
    im not so good with macros any help is welcome.
    Moved your thread to the appropriate thread for your question. Look for a good place to post questions first next time, please.

You'll find several people that posted macros to help in this thread. I had this post still in my bookmarks for example, but there are others. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20488321

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally killed the boss, but I had to use a...strange method. I won't go into too much detail unless someone asks, but I basically did normal stuff until the 2nd wave of imps. While he was summoning them I ran down to the entrance. While down there I killed the first and second DG while killing imps. When both DG's are dead I head back up top while leaving my pit lord by the entrance. Killed all the pups and sent my pit lord on the boss(my pit lords MC ended up ending right before the dogs died, so I had to recontrol him). After that it was burn imps while burning the boss until 20% then just RoF imps and spam ET and SB.

I had to use the purification potion, but it made the fight more manageable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    If you're having that much of an issue, perhaps you're not the well-above-average player you think you are? Or perhaps you're trying to either ignore or trivialize parts of the fight you can't? That seems more likely.
    Either is entirely possible, but I suppose I would just say the proof is in the pudding; I've proven myself in several different raids, so even if I'm not necessarily a super-awesome player, it's unlikely I would have see so much content when it was relevant if I had been a "bad" player.

I mean, clearly, I'm not playing to the level of others here, as I'm still nowhere near killing him. I've tried literally every strategy I could find, and have probably spent over 40 hours this past week working on him (had a lot of time off), so even if I'm not exceptionally talented, surely I should have seen a kill by now. All I can figure is the fight is simply overtuned, and/or putting ***FAR*** too much emphasis on managing that stupid, stupid Pit Lord! And the Felhunters... ugh.

I just believe this quest is a betrayal of what we were lead to believe a cool, fun quest that anyone could down with a little patience and commitment. Kudos tho those capable of downing him, but as someone who considers himself fairly skilled, extremely hard-headed, and a pretty decent Warlock, I think they've just really set the bar too high. Yes, it's technically possible to defeat him, but unless they allow AI-piloting, or somebody wants to come to my house and play this warlock for me, I've learned that, without a shadow of a doubt, I am literally incapable of defeating this boss.

Now, sure, I know there must be a huge sense of accomplishment from beating him, but that sense of accomplishment isn't suddenly going to make it seem okay. I can tell you for a fact, if the Charger or Dreadsteed quest-lines had been this difficult, nobody would have fond memories of them. For a quest with some smart design and clever mechanics, and genuinely interesting lore, it's just a shame that it need to lie behind a brick-wall that most players will just never overcome, until possibly the next expansion.