Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Not the way I see it. If I wanted to save the world, I'd have brought a raid. This - this is personal, for my own gain, my own power. I don't want others finding out how to use that power - hence why I'm doing this quietly, on my own.
    you didn't have time to bring a raid together. you were there alone searching for kanrethad and suddenly "RAWR IMMA DESTROY THE WORLD, STOP ME IF YOU CAN!". it was now or never.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I Defeated Airman, but i can't stand against Kanrethad.

By the time i kill 2 felpuppies, the third one is raping me and Kanrethad start cataclysm. And i can't interrupt in time.
    At work right now, when i get home will try banishing the felpup.

also, i'm afraid i'm not doing enough damage do kanrethad, by the time the felpuppies dies, how much Health kanrethad should have? anyone know?

i'm at 379 ilvl. "Onibaku Goldrinn-US" if you wanna check my armory.

My Current problems are:
    Felpups as described above + bad timming on cataclysm.
    Don't think i'm doing enough damage to Kanrethad
    Imps phase are weird. sometimes they die fast, sometimes they don't. and sometimes they kill me(not even sure why). Still have to work into a position where everyone and their moms get hitted by the felfire.

Doing it as Destro btw.
    Tried doing it as Demo, Felpup part was much easier saving my meta for it. Too bad my damage on kanrethad was even worse. Gonna try some demo stuff today again.

Anyone tried using a voidwalker or even voidlord in felpup part? is it possible?

Also, the quest is kinda meh, but at least we got one. The only thing i really hated about it, was the cheap thief part. since when i care about gold? Also i like how they talk about the observers being Illidan's servants, and how they have no idea why they are still there if illidan is dead.(maybe its just me, but it looks like Illlidan is not really dead! Maybe he has become a dreadlord after all)

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: You think I've gone too far? There is no such thing. The Black Harvest will enslave the most powerful demons, draw on their power, and destroy all who oppose us, in this world, and on Azeroth! Do YOU mean to stop me, little one?

he is crazy, you think he went to far and you want to save the world.

after being a petty thief and liar.
    In addition to being an elitist fanboy I'm also an elitist roleplayer. Some points:

Just because a character says something about your character doesn't mean it's true, and what a character might say doesn't always have to have one meaning. I see the "You think I've gone too far?" line as an assumption he's making of me because he knows that it looks like he's gone too far. As far as motives go, so long as nothing like a spirit who reveals your inner feelings happens, if they're not spoken by your character they remain your own to come up with.

Also, while it would have been nice for the game to provide an alternative to the Den you don't actually have to loot anything to get past it, do you? Since it's just your imp speaking you can come up with your own reasons for going through. I looked away from Akama for a second and then I looked back and the door was closed. After failing to get through I made the practical decision to continue on with my quest, and having been reminded of the Den I decided to go to the summit knowing its past history of being a place for rituals. Maybe my imp picked up a couple of things on the way.

The quest wasn't just the BT part either. The book and the journal were a nice read, and the flashbacks were nice. Talking to your demons was nice too(in some ways, I kinda like imaging what my demons are like myself). I didn't know they cut so much out though. Here I was arguing to my friend that they put way too much effort into giving some class flavor, and if this is what they expect from it then it's no wonder we have so little.
    Last edited by Daniri; 2013-03-13 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    Also! Just to top it off, let's also speak of reasons to nerf or not nerf this solo-scenario. I believe it shouldn't be nerfed due to the fact that this really forces me to master my class once again. Enslave Demon being a perfect example...I mean...That's one spell I haven't had to use for a -long- while.
    I don't want to master my class. for what? dailies, random dungeons, scenarios and raid finder? too much of a hassle. I want green fire because I'm an RPer and I believe green fire is how warlock fire should really be. but I've already watched all the videos, tried several macros, wiped 34 times and I can't go past the first wild imps phase. I am intrinsically bad, and because of that, I can't get a cosmetic reward.

I'd understand this sort of difficulty in a quest for a legendary weapon. but for cosmetics? no, thanks. might as well stop playing altogether.

Deleted
    I don't want to master my class. for what? dailies, random dungeons, scenarios and raid finder? too much of a hassle. I want green fire because I'm an RPer and I believe green fire is how warlock fire should really be. but I've already watched all the videos, tried several macros, wiped 34 times and I can't go past the first wild imps phase. I am intrinsically bad, and because of that, I can't get a cosmetic reward.

I'd understand this sort of difficulty in a quest for a legendary weapon. but for cosmetics? no, thanks. might as well stop playing altogether.
    same for me, i only do heroic 5 man shit and lfr and maybe dailys, i know my class, but this fight just is to much for me, and the sole reson i keep on playing was to get green fire, but seeing as after 12 hours of attempt(over 2 days) i just cant kill it i cant focus on every thing that happens and cant memories it, it's the dots during the felhound phase that kill me ever time be it before the hounds are dead or after, i cant memories this much shit, for such a simple reward that should have been baseline sins tbc in the first place

The reverse of that is more of a true statement.

Legendary quests are generally long, rather than hard since the rewards become balancing benchmarks. An achievement which offers no beneficial reward should be harder. That said it's all about dedication to the class. If you don't want to invest time into the class and make it yours, you don't deserve an achievement that requires it.

Should we have had Green Fire all along? Maybe that's a decision that could have been made in 2004, but it's been implemented the way it has and it's arguably better. It gives people who actually care about the class something to distinguish themselves from the people who have no interest in the class other than what numbers it puts up.

At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    Should we have had Green Fire all along? Maybe that's a decision that could have been made in 2004, but it's been implemented the way it has and it's arguably better. It gives people who actually care about the class something to distinguish themselves from the people who have no interest in the class other than what numbers it puts up.

At least for now.
    the reverse of that is more of a true statement.

I care about the class. I'm a warlock since BC. I love being a warlock. I don't care about raiding or anything hardcore. I play warlock because I love the lore and looks of the warlock class. people like me have no chance of getting kanrethad down. it's people who just care about optimal performance that get him down.

I managed to down Kanrethad today with an ilvl of 482. The main thing I focused on was which debuff to dispel at which time, aswell as brought a purification potion with me to remove tha Curse when it gets below 1min left. I also set my gateway up to LoS the CB as most of you, but I put my demonic circle inside of it and used the minor glyph to instantly teleport me when I get inside the gateway.
    I didn't bother using the Pit-Lord to dispel me due to the extra damage on me.

IMO - dispelling is the key.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

the reverse of that is more of a true statement.

I care about the class. I'm a warlock since BC. I love being a warlock. I don't care about raiding or anything hardcore. I play warlock because I love the lore and looks of the warlock class. people like me have no chance of getting kanrethad down. it's people who just care about optimal performance that get him down.
    Sorry but, people like you want everything on a silver plater and, you will in time get green fire. If you have an ilvl over 480, hell even over 475, its not impossible. You dont wanna fight for it and that should have a penalty, as in you will just have too wait.

Fair and sqaure.

Deleted
    Did this for a guy in US realm , he wanted some help with Kans fight.
    Destro again.

Will upload the video later.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Irrespective of the fact I'm too ill to be trying right now, what bearing does that have on my opinion of the quest itself which I'd formed before I'd even made a single pull of Kanrethad?

Pay some attention to the quest and you'll see what I mean, maybe. You talk to Akama when he 'captures' you, and convince him that because "Hey, Varian says it's cool", that it's cool, even though you never spoke to Varian (And quite what Varian has to do with Akama when during TBC, Varian wasn't even the Alliance faction leader, God only knows). Then you abandon him and his soldiers to their fate while you pillage the den for no other reason than because your Imp thinks it's a good idea; again irrespective of the fact that if those Demons are such a threat to Akama's men, that perhaps they'll be a threat to you and pillages might not be such a smart idea. So, you pillage, and suddenly a wild Kanrethad appears. It is absolute bullshit.
    Maybe Horde has a better quest, but I liked it. Gave me some insight into where our new and improved demons came from, all set in a scene where you can tell something has gone horribly wrong. Backtracking through Outland and seeing the little RP bits play out was pretty cool, to be honest, and fully explained a lot of the criticisms you have with the story. Akama knowing me from the old BC days and the overthrow of Illidan made sense, and I chose to loot the area instead of help him anyway, so I didn't realize there wasn't an option to help. My Imp has always been a sassy backtalking little bitch, so it didn't seem out of character at all for him to suggest looting the temple and me saying hey, that's not a bad idea. Getting to the end just trying to find out what happened to the pair, you open a portal bringing back a really nasty looking demon who managed to become completely corrupted with the power he was looking to control, so him looking to blow you up, whether or not you were an actual threat to him, seemed to make sense to me. After all, we were poking our faces into business that didn't concern us, why wouldn't be he pissed?

The rest of the supposed story that never made it I never expected it to begin with. What happened to the rest of the council? Good freaken question, maybe we'll find out later. They didn't go missing though, only those two did. I'm pretty happy with what they did, because Blizz didn't have to do any of it, and what they did may not have matched up to what people's expectations of what it should have been based on what was datamined or presented in spoilers, but it wasn't bad by any means. It was pretty cool. If I look at what it "should" have been based on what was data mined, I can see someone thinking it was disjointed and crappy. I really do. Just playing it for what it is, it was fun though. Reading the quest text, reading the books and journals, and watching the quest play out filled in a lot and made it much more enjoyable.

Maybe I am a fanboy. I remember being pissed when Nef magically regrew his head, and the whole Deathwing encounter being probably the stupidest thing on earth (lets randomly turn Thrall into a green Goku and pass it off, that'll end well), but perhaps the stupidest premise for an expansion ever changed me to fanboyism. It's possible.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Interesting points on the lore-bits. It was definitely a bit rushed, and it's a shame things seem to "wrap-up" so quickly. It sounds like the original plans for the quest-chain, one that incorporates the "Warlock Island" and more of the Black Harvest, it probably would've sat better. Still, I think there's some interesting tidbits of information, and I think there's a lot of ways they could go with it, besides just ending Kanrethad and the Black Harvest's story.

For example, did Kanrethad manage to travel to another Legion-infested world? Is there something about Fel-magic specifically that is able to literally corrupt a person? It would certainly explain why Kael'thas and Illidan became enemies (to both players and each other), despite the fact that neither seemed to actually be interested in hurting anybody prior to TBC. Since all Jubeka does (from what I hear) is cast Banish on Kanrethad, it stands to reason that he could eventually regain his sanity in time, perhaps setting-up for the next Expansion and using his newly-acquired powers to open other Dark Portals?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

How I did Felhounds with i479

An option on how to handle felhounds if your gear isn't great.

This is how I did it with i479, as troll and only flask buff (no food or potion):

Stage 1. Preparation. Before the felhounds come you just dealt with a wave of imps and a Cataclysm (which you stunned). You should be swimming on embers, keep them, make sure you got at least 3 right after the Cataclysm, at least while you learn the comfortable spot for you on how to burn/use the embers while mastering the felhounds.

Right after the cataclysm the boss will cast the two debuffs on you (Agony and Seed of Corruption), have the Pitlord dispel you and as soon as he does, send it behind a pillar. If you're unlucky he'll put another debuff on you but should only be one and you got your self cleanse from GoSac. Also, use the pet's heal if you're not at full hp.

The boss will run to the portal and start casting the hounds. At this point your pit lord is way far from the portal and almost behind a pillar.

Cast Rain of Fire on the portal while you're moving away to another pillar (explanation below).

Stage 2. Puppies must die.

As you're running to your pillar the first hound will pop and aggro to you, Curse of Elements it and Cast Havoc (Immolate too if you're OK on time).

The second puppy is out 3 seconds later and will chase you too. Pop your burst macro and cast a Chaos Bolt on puppy #2. If you're lucky both puppies are below 20% if not, don't worry, wait for the third puppy to be on top of the other two and use: 1) Shadowfury stun. 2) Fire and Brimstone. 3) Conflag. If you got another charge of conflag you can do another 2, 3 again and then at least one puppy will be dead. If you manage to kill one of the puppies with Shadowburn feel free to Ember Tap and heal you.

Now, while you were doing this the boss is casting shit at you, mostly just the debuffs and an occasional Soulfire, while the puppies are eating you. How do you survive all the cuddles? Use Sacrificial Pact! Even if your pit lord is far and behind a pillar, you get the shield. Just use it and you can actually tank the hounds, no problem. You should be LoSing every Chaos Bolt in the other phases, so you SacPac should be up every hound phase.

The tricky part is that after the boss puts the 2 dots on, you he'll cast a Chaos Bolt, but I told you on the preparation stage to be near a pillar, and what you should do now that he's casting Chaos Bolt is LoS it behind the pillar you chose. As soon as you're behind the pillar use Unbound Will and the debuffs will be gone. At this point the boss will run at you but by the time he gets to you he has to run to the center and cast Cataclysm. Use your macro to have the lord charge it. If a puppy is still on you, do not get out of the pillar, wait until it's dead or it will dispel your enslave.

In my gear level (and actually poorly optimised) I managed to kill them this way. In some attempts it felt like I was killing a mini boss when I was on felhound #3 and I didn't have enough embers. But I got the hounds phase down pretty quick using this strategy.

Stage 3. After the hounds die, and notes.

Make sure you recast Dark Intent on yourself. They will always dispel it and it's 10% spell power

I used my Infernal on the second wave of hounds, after they're all together I get a free stun and extra damage.

My burst macro is just Demon Soul + Troll Berserking + On Use trinket from heroics 463.

Finally beat it.

Totally not worth it. What a giant waste of time.

I completed this quest last week, and I completely forgot but werent we supposed to get a 489 ring or something from the questline?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I completed this quest last week, and I completely forgot but werent we supposed to get a 489 ring or something from the questline?
    there was one on the PTR, but I think it's gone

Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    The reverse of that is more of a true statement.

Legendary quests are generally long, rather than hard since the rewards become balancing benchmarks. An achievement which offers no beneficial reward should be harder. That said it's all about dedication to the class. If you don't want to invest time into the class and make it yours, you don't deserve an achievement that requires it.

At least for now.
    This post is all kinds of wrong. Loads of players, and most likely a majority of less serious (or less competitive) players were the ones who really voiced their opinion and hope for green flames. Now we have a quest-line that only allows the top players to get it. This isn't about proving who cares about their class more; more so, it's a quest-line (that is intriguing, but relativelyl difficulty free) that lets players get their hopes up by getting to the end of the scenario, only to get ripped apart and feel like they have no chance at completing the quest at the end.

The whole questline is fairly trivial and then blizzard throws a stone wall at all the lesser skilled players. I consider myself a competent player, or at least above average, and I gave up on the quest. I got the book on my very first rare kill. Fortunate right? Went into the scenario, got all the way to the end, and got face rolled repeatedly. I have no interest in going back. What a waste. So much for green fire. Apparently it's only for the die hard top players... They're the "only" ones who care about green fire. Dont make me laugh.

@ discobiscuit to be fair, it is pure skill. With a purification potion the DPS check is so low that it's not really a thing. So anyone's capable of doing it.

That said, it's a little hard. having the felhunters die easier would make a big difference.

started my lock as main in mop and didnt even realize we had the spell enslave demon. wasted a good 2 hrs trying figure out how to deal wit te pitlord. tried chain ccing him then trying blowing cds to burn him then realizing i had to some how avoid cataclysm later! really applaud those who didnt use any research on this boss, i would of been stuck for ages!

really satisfying kill though. having to juggle pet management/spells, chain ccing, cd managment, debuff and boss casts, and dpsing can be quite alot to handle. cant remeber a heroic boss that pushed me this hard, hope bliiz dont nerf!

Deleted
    a FoS to say 'this dude did this thing when it was relevant' would be nice. would look nice next to my Dreadsteed one :<