Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

I did it last night... i think i actually screamed...
    ilvl 484 and close to 100 wipes. Had to use a purification potion otherwise i'd never make that enrage timer.
    I lost my pitlord at 3%due to it tanking loads of imps, 2 doomlords and Kan. Popped everything i had and pulled it off with i think 10% hp left.
    Never again...

I must be the worst warlock ever, can't get past the second felhunter wave even if my life depended on it.

Finally got it down , after 6 hours of wiping .
    485 ilvl destruction warlock , Soulflare on Kazzak EU if you wanna check out the armory ..
    The best tip I can give , is just to do it over and over til you know the mechanics of the fight and to not panic ! The reason I wiped most of the times was because I paniced when the felpuppies spawned and disabled my enslaved demon ! Or when I got the boss really low ( 20% - ish ) I started ignoring the adds , don't do it !
    My priority was something along the lines of : Dodging chaos bolts > interupting the cataclysm >Keeping my Enslave > killing Fel puppies > Banish doom lord > Dispelling the dots off me > killing imps > dpsing the boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    Never again...
    o i love this fight , ive done it 5 times so far!!!
    It's hilarious at the end
    i missed some of those sneaky Fel Imps back there , when 2nd wave of felpuppies come boss was already feeling the pain out of those Shadowburns , Pit Lord lost , Doomguard un Banished , 3 felpuppies and some Fel imps at the back... but yet had to die!
    I did this to help a guy from US realm in 489 ilvl gear.
    Last edited by mmoce51f3e626c; 2013-03-15 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I must be the worst warlock ever, can't get past the second felhunter wave even if my life depended on it.
    How are you handling it? This phase was what wiped me the most, but it was usually because I was worrying about too much. If you banish the doomguard right as he starts casting and use pit lord breath on yourself you have nothing to worry about other than the felhunters, which is the same as the first wave and shouldn't ruin your mojo.

i have the same issue, for the most part i get to the 2 nd felhunter phase every attempt with the oddball ones that i dont make it, i handle it just the same as the first, los pit lord, ROF portal, go to the pillar to the left and havoc one, i may however not be pooling enough embers to kill them fast enough, some how though they still get the enslave dispelled, dont know if its a facing mechanic or just really bad luck on my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the drop today after kill 163. Did two attempts at the big boss to see what it was all about... 64% on the second attempt was the lowest I could manage before logging. Will probably kill it tonight when I log back in.

Deleted
    I just seem to do poor DPS. I should install a meter, really. I mean... I can get him to like, 90% before the first imp phase, less if I'm doing a good run, but as soon as the adds start to spawn, my dps is lost completely. Might just wait until I have better gear

Quote Originally Posted by mouthpiece View Post
    i have the same issue, for the most part i get to the 2 nd felhunter phase every attempt with the oddball ones that i dont make it, i handle it just the same as the first, los pit lord, ROF portal, go to the pillar to the left and havoc one, i may however not be pooling enough embers to kill them fast enough, some how though they still get the enslave dispelled, dont know if its a facing mechanic or just really bad luck on my part.
    I stubbornly did it Demo instead of Destro but had the same basic issue you describe and didn't get how they were dispelling the enslave during the 2nd wave when the pit lord was safely tucked away.
    Then I realized that they actually weren't dispelling him but it was around that time that the natural 5m timer on the enslave was falling off.
    I reminded myself to re-enslave after dealing with the first wave of felhunters and had a pretty smooth kill a couple of attempts later.
    That may not be your issue but with all the things you have to think about on this fight thought I would throw it out there for anyone who might be missing the same thing.

Losing your pit lord on the 2nd wave shouldn't wipe you, I lost mine but I was prepared for it since I was already running away from him. Just finish off the hunters as fast as possible and re-enslave, use cooldowns if you have to. Unbound will if he happens to charge, he doesn't really have so much damage that you can't tank him for a few seconds while you finish the felhunters.

As the above poster said, it's also possible the timer just ran out.

If you leave the instance at the end without killing Kanrethad, do you have to run the entire scenario again, or do you just get ported to the final stage?

If you leave without killing Kanrethad, you will be brought back to the final phase. It saves your progress.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by markw4250 View Post
    I [...] had the same basic issue you describe and didn't get how they were dispelling the enslave during the 2nd wave when the pit lord was safely tucked away.
    Then I realized that they actually weren't dispelling him but it was around that time that the natural 5m timer on the enslave was falling off.
    I reminded myself to re-enslave after dealing with the first wave of felhunters and had a pretty smooth kill a couple of attempts later.
    I've been banging my head against the 2nd wave of fel hunters for a couple hours worth of attempts. thank you for the reminder!

Deleted
    expected more with regards to the difficulty. The only thing that caused me concern was when at the end there was 1 doomguard to fear, 1 to banish, then the pit lord to re-enslave, all the while hoping that Glyph of HS would bring my health high enough for the Sacrificial Pact to shield me from his Chaos Bolt. Took 11 tries. 513 item level, killed 12 seconds before Curse of Ultimate Doom expired so I guess I really took the safe way out of it.

Deleted

Green Fire

Im currently doing this Scenario, and im on Stage 6. Can i logout to resume when i log back in? Or do i need to finish it in one go? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Im currently doing this Scenario, and im on Stage 6. Can i logout to resume when i log back in? Or do i need to finish it in one go? :s
    If you want it to save your progress you have to get to stage 8, which is the last boss. From then you can log out and you can try til your heart desires.

Deleted
    So im currently at the Final stage, i can log out, and resume when im back? Does that also count for using Hearthstone? (To prepare, gear up a little more, etc)

Just wait until you get to Kanrethad.

Also you shouldn't really need much more in the way of gear, I've seen people saying they've done it with gear as low as yours (I think one person said something in the 470s range). What spec are you doing it as?
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-03-15 at 10:24 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I've gone through roughly 6 flasks, and I'm stuck at the felhunter second wave. I just can't seem to manage the pit lord dropping enslave, banished doom lord and 3 pups at the same time, the felhunters eat through my shields and I get wafflestomped by the chaos bolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    So im currently at the Final stage, i can log out, and resume when im back? Does that also count for using Hearthstone? (To prepare, gear up a little more, etc)
    Yes when you go back in through the Black Temple Gate you'll start at the last Boss again.

Warlock green fire quest.

I've seen a bunch of posts about how the last boss of the green fire quest chain should be nerfed, people say those who beat it are being selfish for saying it shouldn't be nerfed but how can you say that when it's obvious people have done it before. Complaining about it now is just saying "I'm doing something wrong and don't have enough patience to try over and over until I get it 100% correct, blizzard please nerf." I think they should keep it the way it is. Just like the challenge mode dungeons by no means do you NEED green fire or challenge mode gear but of course you're going to want it so if you want it bad enough you will work hard for it. I mean isn't that how everything goes? I wiped 2 days straight on that fight after farming 10 straight hours of rares out in the Thunder Isle for the tome and spent at least 2k in repairs and I am very happy with the fight and how hard it actually is. I know some people will even argue that the fight is easy and I understand that , they obviously are very skilled at what they do and I needed to work on the fight and the ways I handled it.

So all in all TL;DR I think people should stop complaining about the difficulty of this fight, just because you want something doesn't mean it should be handed to you.