Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    So next time drop and enslave him a few minutes in the fight and kill him?
    As I said, I know the strategy and the theory. I know when to dismiss and re-enslave. I am just so stressed out that I forget it

It took me a few hours of attempts to get him the night I got my tome. Did it as 502 Destro. Basically Fire and Brimstone+RoF and Pit Lord Breath the Imps, Gateway out of LoS for Chaos Bolt, send the Pit Lord away and fear him when my Enslave was eaten, and bursted down the 3 felpuppies. Perma-banished the first Doomlord and Chain-Feared the second when it spawned. Saved embers for Ember Tap, Fire and Brimstone for Imps, and Chaos Bolts during the Pit Lord stun. Also please don't forget to use Pit Lord heal.

Honestly if you can survive the second felhunter phase its a cakewalk from there. Just have to micromanage everything, and as mentioned, not make much of a mistake.

For those looking for spec ideas, I went Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Sacrificial Pact, Unbound Will, Grim. of Sacrifice, and KC, with Ember Tap, Siphon Life, and Healthstone or Conflagrate glyphs (honestly cant remember which, sorry). Sacrificed the Imp for dispels. Used self buffs and Drums of Forgotten Kings.

Ill voice my two cents and say I don't want this nerfed.....ever. Was a very fun and stimulating challenge. Worst part was honestly the farming (120+ rare kills). Stuck with it and got it the first week. As mentioned above, stick with it and use whatever strategy works best for you.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great video and grats on the kill.

BTW, how are you getting aggro on the first set of felpups so quickly? Doesn't look like they even tried to dispell your Control Demon of the Pit Lord until the second group.

I have gotten to the second set of felpups twice, but usually I can't make it through the first set.

grats again!
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    I am going to let my own experience here.
    It took me between 15 and 20 attempts to burn down this guy. First 5 were as affliction but I was missing burst damage on felpuppies. Then I switch destro that is no my standard spec but is easy to manage.
    here some tips.
    Initial rotation. Coe, Dark Soul, RoF, immolate, Conflag x2, incinerate x4 , RoF, Chaos bolt x2 , then Shadow fury pit lord and enslave demon.
    send pit lord to Kare , charge and Breath. here use Demonic gate to drop agro . then Kare fix his face to pit lord and you don't worry about his Powerful Chaos Bolt.
    continue standard rotation using pit lord Breath on CD and putting yourself back to Kare to clean Agony and SoC every time.
    have always a look on your debuffs , use pit lord breath , unbound will and imp sacrificed ability to clean every dot on you. You never want to begin a felpuppies stage with all the dots on you or annoying imp on your shoulder stopping your chaos bolt and stunning you 2 seconds.

Imp Stage
    RoF impsx2, F&B-immolate, then health you with the pit lord and breath the imp, use demonic gate to drop agro and all imps attack your pit lord. RoF x 2 imps and begin to cast Chaos bolt on cd to Kare. you will have infinite embers thanks to imps . use demonic gate and breath on cd to drop agro on you.
    Stop cataclysm with charge and chaos bolt x1 him, incinerate until the end. Save 3 embers for felhounds.
    Felpuppies.
    this is the more difficult part. when kare goes to the portal send your pit lord far away from you and use Shoulshatter to drop agro. so Kare focus on pit lord and you don't want to eat the Chaos bolt if you are lucky that your enslave demon is not devoured. You don’t send pit lord away for LoS devouring but for giving him more room if the enslave is devoured.
    When pit lord is going away cast 2 RoF on gate to get agro on felpuppies. use Dark soul , chaos bolt on the first one and conflag x 2 do the job (if not one shadowburn on him)
    then the second one is coming, immolate and havoc him. target the third and chaos bolt , now both puppies are on you. If your enslave demon has not been devoured shadow fury both and finish with F&B- Incinerate + Shadowburn. If your enslave demon has been devoured wait until your pit lord come and shadow fury all of them and finish puppies, mortal coil or fear the pit lord and then re-enslave again.

Here use demonic pact , heal you with pit lord and unending resolve to not die with the chaos bolt on you and charge Kare to stop cataclysm

Doomguard
    if felhound didn't devoured your enslave demon wait until Kare is calling the doomguard, dismiss your pit lord, shadow fury and re-enslave.
    when doomguard appears , breath with pitlord, change target and send pit lord to attack him 3 or 4 seconds and then send it again with Kare, you don't have to worry about doomguard again.
    Rinse and repeat.

conclusion
    You don't have to LoS Chaos bolt, only let your pit lord get the agro all time, use demonic gate on CD .
    use Breath on Kare and you on CD all time to clean Agony and Soc
    use Wisely the health from pit lord (almost on CD), you can be healed and pit lord get agro with it.
    always use soulshatter when Kare is calling the felhounds.

the more important thing is don't panic when felpuppies come, make your strategy, Dark soul, Chaos bolt on first , conflag x2 (shadowburn if needed), second felhound immolate and havoc, change to third felhound, chaos bolt and then shadow fury both (pit lord too if is free) and finish them with F&B Incinerate and Shadowburn. All the combat is master this part.

i have seen that felppupies devoured your enslave demon randomly. sometimes they don't do it but not always, if they don't devoured your enslave is easy to win. you cannot LoS the devouring as it cast on you not in pit lord, but not always is devoured. The fastest you kill felhounds less time you get devoured.

Remember clean all dots on you, always. Drop your agro with demonic gate on cd always.
    And one more thing. Put your eyes in your demonic gate when Kare is coming and talking before the combat, sometimes demonic gate disappear.
    Last edited by mmocad7d93be07; 2013-03-18 at 03:08 PM.

I am giving up. I simply can't do this. I appreciate the challenge this fight represents, but I vastly underestimated it and overestimated my own abilities to play and beat it. I simply can't. In six hours I reached the second felhound phase twice, not more. At the moment I can't even beat the first one. A shame I spent all my money on the book, in the end I really really wanted the green fire, but I just can't beat this encounter.

Confessions of an orange fire lock.

I've tried this fight at least a good 60 times now, and while I'll eventually succeed (even if it means waiting for the next massive power leap in ilvl) I have to say this fight is too difficult as it is.

Now I know lots of people have succeeded at this at ilvl's lower then mine, but I've been raiding successfully with my warlock since Molten core. I'm use to learning game mechanics, not standing in the fire, watching everything going on at the same time, and adapting. My raiding guilds have ranged from hardcore 40 man top on the server to current casual 10 man raiding so While i dont pretend to be amazing or the best or anything, This fight should be within my skills.

People who have beaten this fight have my respect, because they are people that can thrive on the chaos of this fight and keep everything going at the same time in there heads.. Maybe I have been spoiled by using add-ons like DBM that warn me with timers and sound queues (if DBM ever updates for this fight i think i will have a bunch better chance), because most of the time i die, i switch my focus to the task at hand and ken winds up getting a chaosbolt on me while im trying to deal with the felhounds or starts a cataclysm too soon after i used charge.

However I dont think im a slouch at playing this game. I think im one of the players that has been playing this game since day one and raided since shortly after that and that I should be one of the players that can do this fight. Its not that the mechanics are especially hard to handle..

But I do think they happen too quickly and have some flaws.
    1) The 1 minute inbetween imp>fel>doom should be increased to 90 seconds to give people more time to deal with each phase of the fight.
    2) The chaos bolt mechanic is off. Hes throwing CB's that reach upwards of 600k, and forcing players to LOS him is almost an exploit. Yes there are ways the lock can survive the hit with demonic sacrifice or the sacrificed voidwalker ability but i still feel it happens too often. Its basically forcing you to save your cooldowns just for the CB's, making dealing with the imps and the fel hunters basically requiring to be dealt with perfectly.
    3) The fel hunters have broken my enslave dispite me being all the way on the left side of the gate when they were summoned and my pet all the way on the right. Even getting aggro from the second they come out of the gate with Rof isnt reliable.
    4) Using the demonic gateway to aggro wipe seems another near exploit ability.
    5) The fight seems to force a destruction spec. yes it could be done with other specs but not as well. Why gear it to one specific spec and exclude the others?

Yeah i want to finish this quest, and yes i want to feel like ive earned it. But i can't quite feel that this fight is tuned for anyone except the elite of the raiding crowd. There seems to be a large gap inbetween this fight, and making it too easy...there definately could be more of a middle ground to challenge without requiring perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    After another two hours of wiping I am prepared to throw my screen out the window. Just because. It's horrible. Not because the fight is very difficult but it's abolutely unforgiving if you make the slightest mistake. Twice I reached the second felhound phase and wiped because I forgot to dismiss and re-enslave the Pit Lord earlier. Yep, that's right. Stupid stuff like that prevents me from getting green fire.
    For me, i found the best to do it when he summoned the Doomlord. You have like 6 seconds and is good to have a mechanic mark if you are bad with timers (like me).

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post

I've tried this fight at least a good 60 times now, and while I'll eventually succeed (even if it means waiting for the next massive power leap in ilvl) I have to say this fight is too difficult as it is.

Now I know lots of people have succeeded at this at ilvl's lower then mine, but I've been raiding successfully with my warlock since Molten core. I'm use to learning game mechanics, not standing in the fire, watching everything going on at the same time, and adapting. My raiding guilds have ranged from hardcore 40 man top on the server to current casual 10 man raiding so While i dont pretend to be amazing or the best or anything, This fight should be within my skills.

People who have beaten this fight have my respect, because they are people that can thrive on the chaos of this fight and keep everything going at the same time in there heads.. Maybe I have been spoiled by using add-ons like DBM that warn me with timers and sound queues (if DBM ever updates for this fight i think i will have a bunch better chance), because most of the time i die, i switch my focus to the task at hand and ken winds up getting a chaosbolt on me while im trying to deal with the felhounds or starts a cataclysm too soon after i used charge.

However I dont think im a slouch at playing this game. I think im one of the players that has been playing this game since day one and raided since shortly after that and that I should be one of the players that can do this fight. Its not that the mechanics are especially hard to handle..

1) The 1 minute inbetween imp>fel>doom should be increased to 90 seconds to give people more time to deal with each phase of the fight.
    2) The chaos bolt mechanic is off. Hes throwing CB's that reach upwards of 600k, and forcing players to LOS him is almost an exploit. Yes there are ways the lock can survive the hit with demonic sacrifice or the sacrificed voidwalker ability but i still feel it happens too often. Its basically forcing you to save your cooldowns just for the CB's, making dealing with the imps and the fel hunters basically requiring to be dealt with perfectly.
    3) The fel hunters have broken my enslave dispite me being all the way on the left side of the gate when they were summoned and my pet all the way on the right. Even getting aggro from the second they come out of the gate with Rof isnt reliable.
    5) The fight seems to force a destruction spec. yes it could be done with other specs but not as well. Why gear it to one specific spec and exclude the others?

Yeah i want to finish this quest, and yes i want to feel like ive earned it. But i can't quite feel that this fight is tuned for anyone except the elite of the raiding crowd. There seems to be a large gap inbetween this fight, and making it too easy...there definately could be more of a middle ground to challenge without requiring perfection.
    And alot of rng, but yeah, chaos bolt isn't fun, and the felhunters arent either. Little tweak there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post

The Chaos Bolt is meant to one shot you if you don't use abilities to reduce the damage or LoS it. Also LoS is not "almost an exploit". LoS boss attacks have been in the game for years and the easiest way of doing it is for this fight is using our Demonic Gateway to avoid CB's.

The felhunters are the worst part of the fight. You have to make sure that they never turn in the slightest to face the Pit Lord or else they can get a Devour Magic off. I find that gradually backing up as I pull them from the gate helps insure that they are always facing me as with groups of npc mobs they like to get on the sides of you instead of stacking in front which can give them LoS to your Pit Lord.

Other than that surviving the two waves of felhunters and you're golden as all you have to worry about are the Doom Lords and having the Pit Lord tank those takes them out of the fight and imp spawns which just give you a lot of embers to burn Kanrethad down.

I will agree with you about DBM spoiling you about sound warnings. More often than not I failed due to missing a CB warning due to all the other stuff on the screen. A simple alert sound would of been an immense help but after a while its just something that I learned to pay attention for.

The only thing I feel needs to change is the Curse of Doom pseudo enrage timer. I feel its too short for people in lesser gear to deal with and forces Warlocks to go outside their class to a profession for a potion to deal with it. Luckily I had an Alchemy alt but still could be a few mins longer.

Other than that keep at it. It took me 5 days of farming for the book and another 4 with countless hours of wipes, 1000g+ in repairs and frustrating hair pulling moments to down him and at the end I realized that the way I beat it was learning the fight so well that my reactions to the events in the fight became automatic. I knew what was going to happen and when and even if I didn't execute something flawlessly I was relaxed enough to rebound from a mistake to regain my footing.

Deleted
    How about they don't touch the fight because you can't kill it?

Anyone else in US suddenly having problems with Gateways? I never had problems with them before but suddenly I'm running up to them and spam clicking them and they don't want to work sometimes. Could be another problem but i have no idea what. Maybe I should go get that reagent.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Anyone else in US suddenly having problems with Gateways? I never had problems with them before but suddenly I'm running up to them and spam clicking them and they don't want to work sometimes. Could be another problem but i have no idea what. Maybe I should go get that reagent.
    Line of sight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    BTW, how are you getting aggro on the first set of felpups so quickly? Doesn't look like they even tried to dispell your Control Demon of the Pit Lord until the second group.
    Use Rain of Fire right before they spawn (and face your doomlord away from them).

For all people still busy with this boss, keep in there, it takes a while, but the green fire is certainly worth it!

Kanrethad Ebonlocke Guide - by Ackthal at youtube and you wont have problems with CB and so on. Do this and its easy. Had around 20 wipes, then I made it.
    USE THE DAMN GATEWAYS TO REMOVE AGGRO

If you can believe it I have every part of this fight down EXCEPT FOR THOSE FUCKING GODDAMN IMPS. It would be easy if they all came out at the same time, but, no, they come out one by one it seems.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Use the fel breath on you (and on the imps) and after that use the gateway and u will lose aggro.
    the secret is to let the pit lord aggro all.

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    Use the fel breath on you (and on the imps) and after that use the gateway and u will lose aggro.
    the secret is to let the pit lord aggro all.
    Thanks, great suggestion. Also, anyone know if anything bad happens if I just let my pit lord tank the doomlord?

My friend, nothing bad happens, he has a lot of hp. He wont die. check the Kanrethad Ebonlocke Guide - by Ackthal VIDEO AT YOUTUBE! YOU CANT GO WRONG , DO IT.
    I did not cc any of the doomlords, the pit lord tanked all the fight. (keep using the gateways)

Use macros + Gateway religiously.

It took awhile to get used to using the gateway off of CD. Just take the encounter step by step. Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3, repeat. Don't worry about the felhunter phase when you're dealing with Phase 1.

ProGlyphs + Talents and abilities
    Unbinding Will [Talent]
    Soulshatter [Ability]
    Gateway Attunement [Glyph] ** this one though is just for derp moments if your forget to click.

Fight from Affliction PoV
    note: I had just transferred to a new server right after I got the quest so my ui was kinda messy.

Gz mate. I did it on demonology and was easy too, after around 17 wipes doing religiously Kanrethad Ebonlocke Guide - by Ackthal .
    You cant go wrong... using gateways everytime possible... he casted one chaos bolt only to me and so on . the pit lord tanked the whole battle