Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

The felhunters still devoured my enslave but only like the last one (that was still alive). Maybe a fear macro for the pit lord would be useful.
    Agro the 3 felhunters asap and kill them asap. turn their back to the pit lord also. kanrethad should be attacking your pit lord btw. and you should have no dots on you, and available cds or 3 embers if destro

I just killed this stupid bastard of a demon and got mah green fire!

I got him down with 480 ilvl gear with no T14 4pcs bonus and 3 PvP items rest LFR and heroic gear. There was NO WAY I could have killed him without purification potion, I just can't focus on DPSing him with all the chaos going on in this fight.
    Took me about 50+ wipes over the course of 2 days.

This fight was BRUTAL and I loved every second of it! I actually wish I could somehow do it again just for fun.

Thanks everyone for all the tips and good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako View Post
    I just killed this stupid bastard of a demon and got mah green fire!

I got him down with 480 ilvl gear with no T14 4pcs bonus and 3 PvP items rest LFR and heroic gear. There was NO WAY I could have killed him without purification potion, I just can't focus on DPSing him with all the chaos going on in this fight.
    Took me about 50+ wipes over the course of 2 days.

This fight was BRUTAL and I loved every second of it! I actually wish I could somehow do it again just for fun.

Thanks everyone for all the tips and good luck!!
    Luckily you can do it as much as you want. Just go back to BT and click on the little blue skull. You will start on the last stage. I have done the boss at least 5 times after killing him.

This fight reminded me how finnicky LoS is... I'm sorry I wasn't far enough behind the pillar for you.

Anyway, majority of my wipes were to me having absolute shit luck. The seed debuff would, without fail, be the ursol's vortex thing if I was LoSing in the corner so I would be literally trapped.

My kill came with a purification pot on the 3rd extra set of imps. I focused so much more on avoiding things than killing him.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-03-20 at 11:21 AM.

Got him down after about 40 odd tries.

Few pointers, which i've also seen mentioned earlier or in videos.

Use the Demonic Gateway as if your life depended on it, which it actually does.
    Bind /petmoveto to a easy accessible key, this for positioning the Pitlord for imp phase, and felhound phase.
    I found that imp phase was best handled by chucking a few ROF on the gate and wait a second or two, then Pitlord flame and use Shadowfury to lower the incoming damage from the casting, and a few more ROF to finish them off.
    For Felhound phase I highly recommend moving the Pitlord behind a pillar, i used the demonic circle placed off to the right to quickly get there to send the Pitlord, as the boss will follow after him after he is done with summoning the Felhounds.
    And before the Felhounds spawn, Soulshatter and pop Unbound Will to clear debuffs and ROF the gateway where they are spawning.
    I found this tactic worked really well for Felhounds as that was the one I mainly struggled with, them devouring my enslave, and this also prevents the boss from casting Chaos Bolt on you, if you have positioned the Pitlord far enough behind the pillar.
    Note after the Felhounds are dead, have the Pitlord come out, as he otherwise might be out of range to Charge the boss when he casts Cataclysm.

Other than that, it's all about managing the chaos that's going down.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 30ish tries and I just got him down.

I'm 491 ilvl without any set pieces. Had plenty of time left on doom at the end as I luckily managed to avoid his first dooms until after the first Cataclysm.(I dunno how tho).

Deleted
    Got this as affliction 507ilvl the other night.

Will lay out how I did it step by step:

Put Gateways down just to the left of the large grate in the centre
    Put portal down to the left of the bosses gateway (round the pillar to the immediate left of the gate, NOT the large pillar that is one of the 4 in the room, that is too far) after you have started the event to maxmise its 6 minute up time.
    Pop everything and nuke him at the start, you can use your cooldowns here and they will be ready for the fel hunters
    Cast glyphed enslave demon (simple macro) just as he finishes his pit lord cast

/target pit lord
    /cast enslave demon
    /targetlasttarget

Either use Imp sacrifice or be efficient with the pit lords breath to cleanse your debuffs (Avoiding the annoying imp makes the fight much smoother and the breath will remove both agony and seed if you stand in it for a few seconds).

Your Doomguard can be great when it soaks the first chaos bolt allowing your SP to be used on other things.
    You can Stun him as soon as the pit lord is enslaved as he won't do a cataclysm before the cooldown is off.
    SB:SoC on the imps as they spawn and Harvest life them, a second SB:SoC if needed to finish off the imps that spawned after the 1st popped. There will likely be a chaos bolt during the imps, if you've made sure you are below threat on the boss your pit lord will take the hit instead. If not, SF the imps, siphon demon and SP to soak it.

Remember to have the pit Lord stun the boss at the start of a cataclysm cast and continue to stand in the breath for the debuff removal (just after interrupting the cataclysm is a nice time to remove debuffs)

Keep nuking and be ready for the felpups spawning, about 30 seconds after the first cataclysm he'll summon the felhunters, be ready and command move your pit lord to where your portal is. Move in the opposite direction to where your pit lord went and SB:SS nuke the felhunters down there (they have little health when theres nothing else to be doing), ensure you have Glyph of soul consumption to be at max health after they are dead. Use SF if you need a couple more seconds when they spawn. Be sure that you don't pull them into the room, keep them level(ish) with the Bosses demonic gate to ensure they do not come into LoS with the Pit lord

If you are quick on killing them you should have no problem with the next cataclysm cast, if not be sure to take your pit lord off "move here" so that he can be in range to stun the bosses cataclysm cast. Use this time to cleanse your debuffs with his breath.

Another 30-40 seconds and he will summon his first Doomguard, just banish it instantly with a similar macro to the enslave. Forte Exorcist will warn you when it is almost out of banish so you can re apply it.

Repeat this process for the next imps and felpups (remember to make ample use of siphon demon and breaths).

For the second Doom Lord keep him feared or have the pit lord attack him/breath etc to get him aggroed off you.
    Having the pit lord hide round the corner for the pups makes the fight sooooo much easier. The boss will just follow him provided he is the highest aggro.

If you are having problems with the Pit Lord's enslave running out before you finish the fight, once you are at a calm phase (just after a cataclysm possibly, when you have no adds up) just un-enslave the Pit Lord SF him and Re-enslave, or just be far enough from him to re-enslave before he gets to you. Be sure you have Soul Shatter off CD so you can quickly get the boss back onto the Pit Lord and avoid any nasty Chaos bolts.

Of course if you are unfortunate to have him cast the CB on you instead just be ready to portal behind the pillar or siphon demon and SP
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2013-03-20 at 03:02 PM.

I killed the bastard today in an attempt that was botched from the start. I was too late at enslaving, so the Pit Lord charged me. I had to emergency mitigate a chaos bolt because I was too slow. I missed half a dozen imps at the first gate who started to run rampage through the fight. But the felhunter phases went smoothly, so I went on. And killed him, finally. At the last Imp gate I had him down to 9%, rain of fired the gate, hit all defensive cooldowns and threw 8-10 shadowburns at him and he finally went down

Does anyone have some very specific pointers with regards to the fel hunter transition? I'm managing to figure out every which way to fail: send pit lord to pillar too early and end up with lots of dots, soul shattering too late and losing aggro on fel hunters, not managing to lose aggro on Kanrethad despite using portals and soul shatter.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Does anyone have some very specific pointers with regards to the fel hunter transition? I'm managing to figure out every which way to fail: send pit lord to pillar too early and end up with lots of dots, soul shattering too late and losing aggro on fel hunters, not managing to lose aggro on Kanrethad despite using portals and soul shatter.
    You should be saccing imp and speccing Unbound Will for this reason. Send the pit lord off into the corner. (assuming destro) Immolate, CotE, Havoc first felhunter. Target next. Chaos bolt, CotE, incinerate until able to shadowburn. Swap back to low health one, burn to 20% and shadowburn. Swap to last one and kill it however you see fit. Sometime between the first dying and switching to the 3rd, you may have to deal with a chaos bolt. LoS it. He should be moving to cataclysm as the third felhunter dies.

the drop rate for the Tome is horrid. I'm done, this shit is stupid.

Finally did it! after 25+ wipes, using gateway on cooldown made the whole difference. I dealt with both felhunter's phases banishing the doomlord, dismissing the pitlord and fearing him, glyphed. You need to kill all felpuppies in 20 sec or so, before pitlord's fear break.

Good luck!

While I understand that this is meant to be a challenge, ITS JUST SO DAMN HARD. I just cant do it. Even a tiny nerf like increasing Kanrethads cast times would be cool with me
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Deleted
    They change something? After 60 rare kill i dropped my tome 3 days ago. Today i dropped 3 book O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    While I understand that this is meant to be a challenge, ITS JUST SO DAMN HARD. I just cant do it. Even a tiny nerf like increasing Kanrethads cast times would be cool with me
    I apologize if this sounds like I'm talking down to you, however, think of the challenge as self-nerfing. As I've read, he's tuned for ToT LFR gear so as you gear more, he'll get easier. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    At the last Imp gate I had him down to 9%, rain of fired the gate, hit all defensive cooldowns and threw 8-10 shadowburns at him and he finally went down
    This pretty much sums up my kill as well, when the imps spawned I glanced at his hp and i was well within Shadowburn range, so i just threw down ROF and went for it.

Consistently getting past all of the normal phases now. Of course now I'm finding even more ways to fail. Got a bigger buff display so I won't lose track of Curse. Ironing out imp phase so I don't flip out and die on those. Got him to 12% and then died on an imp phase (doh!). Last try, I think I killed my pit lord by using the heal too much so I'm going to try to focus on survivability next.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Last try, I think I killed my pit lord by using the heal too much so I'm going to try to focus on survivability next.
    I was able to use the heal pretty much on cool down and be ok.

Is this doable with all pvp gear?

Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    I was able to use the heal pretty much on cool down and be ok.
    It happened again! I got him down to 12% at the 2nd or 3rd imp phase after all the normal phases. Then my pit lord just decided to hate life. I think I used the heal 11-12 times. I tried to use ember tap as much as I could and using harvest life on the imp phases really takes the stress out of that phase.

Mind you I have him tanking both doom lords and using the gateways a lot so the boss is shooting him a good deal. Does anyone know if Dark Regeneration works on the Pitlord?