Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Just finished this on my warlock, 487 ilvl. My god, the adrenaline was pumping on that kill attempt! When I beat him my hands were actually shaking quite a bit. I'm amazed I finished the fight because I could actually feel myself shaking my mouse and keyboard. DEFINITELY my most satisfying kill on this game since I started playing. I'm glad I don't have to do it again, though. I think that fight gave me an ulcer. lol

my guild is making me get rid of green fire because of melee on Horridan and it makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Seribus99 View Post
    my guild is making me get rid of green fire because of melee on Horridan and it makes me sad.
    Melt their faces, IMO.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^This,

we are currently doing H 25 Horridon attempts and our melee keep complaining they cant see the poison on the second door because our green fire is too obnoxious. Me and Seribus had to drop our green fire at our GM's discretion.. any other guild have this issue?

Makes sense. Sucks, but makes sense. At least you can turn it back on without having to kill Kanrethad again! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Whorpheus View Post
    ^This,

we are currently doing H 25 Horridon attempts and our melee keep complaining they cant see the poison on the second door because our green fire is too obnoxious. Me and Seribus had to drop our green fire at our GM's discretion.. any other guild have this issue?
    You're not alone.

join the club.

ps. sup bro?

I beat it on Monday. I must have attempted about 40 tries all put together. It really was a great feeling when I finally did it. My winning kill was the following:

I would abuse the charge at the beginning, and get as much damage as I could before felhunter phase. I even ignored imps a little at first to get some charged chaos bolts in. I used the gateway on cooldown to avoid all chaos bolts. When Felhunters came I would hide the Pit Lord, and just nuke them down without using CDs on the first set, and using all available CDs on the second set. I would re-enslave just after the cata on Felhunter phases. Doomlords would just be tanked by the Pit Lord. Soulshatter was always saved for felhunter phases to ensure I don't eat a chaos bolt. By the third imp phase I would have him killed. With only seconds left on the doom timer, as I didn't use a purification potion.

It works, and it is tough, but IMO, once you get the felhunter parts down, it's GG. Also I noticed that I lost my Dark Intent, and still beat the fight not even knowing it was gone, so that alone should prove that Ilevel has less to do with it and even if you got more powerful gear, careless mistakes would just as quickly lead to disaster. Yeah it will probably be a lot easier with higher Ilevel, but you won't REALLY overpower it until the next xpac.

my Ilevel at the finishing kill was 496. Keep in mind I lost Dark Intent without realizing so I was doing most of the fight with 10% less spell power and stamina. Which is probably like lowering my ilevel had I kept it on the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    join the club.

ps. sup bro?
    <Will Banish 4 Green Fire>

i don't have 500g to drop green fire.need bailout plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blargh! Got him down to about 7%. Tried to burn him down with soul burn while spamming rain of fire on the imps, and the imps got mad destroyed me in a manner of seconds. If only I had played it safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Blargh! Got him down to about 7%. Tried to burn him down with soul burn while spamming rain of fire on the imps, and the imps got mad destroyed me in a manner of seconds. If only I had played it safe!
    the good news is you are close.

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    Quick question:

Those still on the quest - can you enter regular Black Temple? Cause that's a bug I experienced, I couldn't.

Those who finished it - when you enter regular Black Temple, is it bugged for you? Cause I just did and it's completely empty, no mobs, no bosses, nothing. And I hadn't been in there yet this id.
    Known bug. Very unfortunate for Transmog runners, all you really can do is wait it out..

- I've read of people still on the quest: bugged, empty Black Temple
    - I have finished the quest and: bugged, empty Black Temple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    After another two hours of wiping I am prepared to throw my screen out the window. Just because. It's horrible. Not because the fight is very difficult but it's abolutely unforgiving if you make the slightest mistake. Twice I reached the second felhound phase and wiped because I forgot to dismiss and re-enslave the Pit Lord earlier. Yep, that's right. Stupid stuff like that prevents me from getting green fire.
    Type /sw 300 to bring up timer. Start it when you enslave Pit Lord. This will give you a timer and an alarm. I've done the same thing you did a few times. Breathe. It's easy to get amped and start making silly mistakes when you feel like you're on a roll. Keep calm and realize it's not over until it's over and there are plenty of things that can wipe you at the last second.

I'll also add, that the way I did it I used soul link.*Not saying you should do this, but it is worth a shot. And only worth it if you can keep aggro off of Kanethrad. I missed one and ate a CB, but with Unending Res and Twilight ward I was able to eat most of it. Brought me down way too low for my comfort though.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2013-03-28 at 07:59 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them it would reflect better on the guild on streams/fraps etc if you continue to use green. (Doesn't matter if you don't stream/fraps, that's not the point)

Deleted
    I dont know if you have noticed guys, but when you get Green Fire for your warlock, and you use Demonology spec, the form itself is bugged :P By myself I can say his mouth is too wide and his hands are just not in the right place... I feel like I were handicapped warlock atm :P

Deleted
    Been fighting this boss 4-5 days now (I think)
    It took me awhile to get the mechanics down, and I think it´s working better now .... I need to get better at dps-ing in the chaos :/

Got through the 2 puppie phases many times now. A few times the boss has been under 20 % *cry*

My Purification potions haven´t worked 3 times , which has enraged the boss ..... (Sometimes I remember earlier in the fight, then it works)

Which CD´s can interferre with the purification pot? I havent used any other pots/flasks etc, just so the pot is not on CD ... So it seem to be one of the spells?

Deleted
    I had to laugh so hard reading this, because my guild mates want me to do the exact same thing hahaha. Our rogue actually thought that there are 2 different poison void zones on the 2nd door on horridon hc hahaha. He kept running every time I used FnB Incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbunnie View Post
    Been fighting this boss 4-5 days now (I think)
    It took me awhile to get the mechanics down, and I think it´s working better now .... I need to get better at dps-ing in the chaos :/

Got through the 2 puppie phases many times now. A few times the boss has been under 20 % *cry*

My Purification potions haven´t worked 3 times , which has enraged the boss ..... (Sometimes I remember earlier in the fight, then it works)

Which CD´s can interferre with the purification pot? I havent used any other pots/flasks etc, just so the pot is not on CD ... So it seem to be one of the spells?
    Do you have any other debuffs on you besides the Curse of Ultimate Doom when you use the potion? It will only remove one, so you have to make sure nothing else is on you when you use it. I had the Pit Lord use his flame breath on me just before using it to make sure the potion got rid of the doom curse.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-03-28 at 11:52 AM.

Along with H Horridon, I've also been informed that the green fire messes with people on H Megaera.

I've busted my ass trying to get my green fire, but I think I might have to concede the fight to Ebonlocke. I've played my lock since BC. Did my hunter quest in vanilla but I can't beat this bastard. Seems insane the guy is this hard for a color change. Congrats to the people that did beat him.