Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 69 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Dieing to the imps. I feel I do same thing every time (rof,fbconf,fbinc,flame breath,jump) and yet they go down painfully slow. I run tidy plates and so when they first appear my screen is full of their health bars. These go down reasonably fast but not as quick as the videos. I jump because gateway on cooldown and a whole new bunch of full health bars pop up (though not every time). Do they spawn behind the big portal and only aggro when I jump? Do fresh ones keep spawning?

Ayway, this isnt a moan, this quest has made me a far better raiding lock even the trying so I dont want it nerfed to ez-mode. I make a series of attempts each day until my gear is red and then for the sake of my mental health leave it for a bit.
    Last edited by mmoc0c4e254d12; 2013-03-29 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanitae View Post
    Dieing to the imps. I feel I do same thing every time (rof,fbconf,fbinc,flame breath,jump) and yet they go down painfully slow.
    Things that can do to avoid this :

As they come , RoF , wait until all are up . Recast RoF , 1 FnB Immo , Stunn , and only refresh RoF , keep spamming Chaos Bolts on boss, Pit Lords Healing is very nice to be used during this period when all adds are on you while u focus on boss and only, Sac Pact when u start feeling pain again from imps ( which u keep Immo and RoF up )
    Other solution , get more mastery from your gear , that will help you destroying adds.

For the imps, I would move my pit lord behind me, put a couple RoF up over the boss's portal, and then use my macro for his flame breath on me and F&B Immolate/F&B Incinerate. Usually took all the imps out really quick. Might've missed a coupel stragglers but they're easily picked off.

Deleted
    But i think most people panic with imps instead of using this as a very big dmg output on boss.
    With RoF being refreshed and 1 FnB immo ( glyphed ) and just shadowfury when all imps are up , the amount of embers you generate is more then what you can spend on chaosbolts on boss before he goes to cast cataclysm , a Sac Pact is more then enough to keep you shielded of any inc dmg , in worst case , there's Pit Lords Healing.
    Another tip, cos you will be chain casting chaos bolts , confl boss x2 to get the next x2 Chaosbolts in fast cast. since this phase keeps you ember caped by imps RoF + Immo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    So did this again for a guy who struggled and couldn't get out of felhunters phase.
    when i realised that boss was 4% and Pit Lord enslave expired i was getting loooooooow , but guess who survived
    Just made another lock happy

Someone can do the fight for you ? u_u

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Someone can do the fight for you ? u_u
    He logged in to that person's account and played their warlock for them.

Need some help on Kanrethed

Not a QQ thread. I've enjoyed the fight a lot thus far, but seems I am running into problems around the 3rd wave of imps... things just get too chaotic.

The strat I'm using is setting up one of my demon portal close to Kanretheds portal and then one in the middle of the circle, and using them as much as possible so that my pit lord eats most ( usually all ) of the chaos bolts. As a failsafe I set my demonic circle LoS to the left in case he casts one on me.

Immediately after the cataclysm after Imp phase I send my Pit Lord LoS, pop unbound wll, soulshatter & offensive c/ds after first fel comes & blowup Fel Hunters. I have 0 problems with this phase whatsoever, very easy.

When doomguard come, I set my pit lord on them for a few hits, then back to Kanrethed.. seems to be a non issue until theres 2 up.

WHERE I RUN INTO TROUBLE: *The 3rd wave of imps* Usually the 2 doomguards are situated right in front of portal... so my AoE will usually grab aggro on one if not both of the dooms while I'm AoEing imps down. This, combined with and the fact that it's so chaotic that I forget to use my demonic portal usually leads to my death whether it just be a shitload of dmg or to a chaos bolt to my face. Also Kanrethed is usually only at about 50% at this point ( ive never had to use a purification pot yet ). I'm guessing this is way behind?

So... it's obviously going to take me at least 3-4 doomguards to be able to kill him ( I'm only 478 ilevel and no prior exp on a warlock... GFs char ). How the hell do I manage all these guards and still be able to keep focused on everything else in the fight?

Also HOW the hell are people eating chaos bolts with no problems? I've eaten a cataclysm before but for some reason my "ohfuck" macro ( t-ward, sac pac & unending resolve ) does nothing for chaos bolts? I die to each one I try and eat? <-- confused

Anyways thanks for anyone who manages to read this and has an input!

Deleted
    If you are @ the 2nd Doomguard and the boss is around 50% you are definitely not focusing on boss.

the combo of 478 ilvl and lack of experience as you say are making you encounter a longer fight which in this case you loose the control.
    For each phase when boss casting Cataclysm or summoning you should be using Pit Lords stunn and empower your Chaos Bolts dmg by following with that.
    Abuse the Imps to generate embers to chain cast Chaos bolts, Doomlords are the easiest part really , use Soul Shatter after you used gateway, no problem on them anymore. By just doing RoF for aoe that shouldn't pop any threat on them if posrtal is being used correctly.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice guys it is starting to go better - getting to felhunters most times so progress.

How do you keep yourself alive while focusing boss during imp phase? Which CDs do you use? Maybe it's because your gear is better, but those imps really hurt me and if left alive for too long, it's too much for me to heal through. Also I *try* and use portal every CD, but this phase is usually the one were I miss it by 5-10 seconds, and in that 5-10 seconds it seems every attempt the dooms get on me/kanrethad gets on me and then the imps and then boom I'm dead. It's just after the 2nd doomguard though, before that everything is a breeze.

You're right though.. ideally boss is close to dying after that second doom. It's a shame my gear isn't that good or this would be really easy...

Oh and BTW... I use soul shatter after the first fel hunter spawns, that way the boss runs over to my LoS'd pit lord and I don't have to worry about him ( chaos bolt ) while Fel Hunters are up.

Deleted
    No not really a gear issue for imps , if u just use FnB immo that will keep you alive , do a shadowfury to prevent from casting , pop sac pact

FnB confl just to pressure them more i guess. Don't use FnB immo if not all imps are up , cos that way u might effect let's say a minimum number of them , also i use MFury for this so it makes it easy for me to get them all in 1 cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    No not really a gear issue for imps , if u just use FnB immo that will keep you alive , do a shadowfury to prevent from casting , pop sac pact

FnB confl just to pressure them more i guess. Don't use FnB immo if not all imps are up , cos that way u might effect let's say a minimum number of them , also i use MFury for this so it makes it easy for me to get them all in 1 cast.

Tried what you said... 4% just because I was shaking and couldn't press any more buttons LMAO and then have had perfect attempts last like 3-4 tries but fucking forget to use purification potions everytime... >.>. Thanks man!

Deleted
    Any one any tips on the black holes, twice I've been caught in them which caused me to wipe at less than 6%

How do you get out of them, or are they instant death?

Now hit the magic 200 wipes and am getting quite depressed

Quote Originally Posted by Soodles View Post
    Any one any tips on the black holes, twice I've been caught in them which caused me to wipe at less than 6%

How do you get out of them, or are they instant death?

Now hit the magic 200 wipes and am getting quite depressed
    Just use your fel breath on CD and also bind it with singe magic. Never have a problem with the seed

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jstone0716 View Post
    Tried what you said... 4% just because I was shaking and couldn't press any more buttons LMAO and then have had perfect attempts last like 3-4 tries but fucking forget to use purification potions everytime... >.>. Thanks man!
    And he's dead! WOoooooo!

And he's dead! WOoooooo!
    Grats on the sexy green fire!

Deleted
    And he's dead! WOoooooo!
    Welcome to the club !!!

15+ Year Old Account
    So, I got my Tome the day my Warlock hit 90 after many hours of farming and went through many guides, but Ackthal's was the best. Obviously just hitting 90 I was undergeared and in the last week and a half I managed to collect a lot of gear and got up to ilvl 490. Seeing the steady progression was invigorating, just like having your own personal raid encounter.

There are a few notes I think will help people that the guides don't mention, especially timing cues:

-Don't wait too long to prepot. I made the mistake of doing this while I thought I was out of combat during a really good attempt, and when I needed to dispel Curse of Doom, I couldn't.

-Right before Cataclysm he will cast Curse of Agony followed by Seed of Corruption.

-As soon as the charge stun wears off after Cataclysm, he will cast Curse of Agony, Seed of Corruption, then a Soul Fire. After these three casts he will begin summoning his next wave of demons. I used Fel Fire Breath on myself when he was halfway through casting the first debuff after Cataclysm so that when he finished casting the second one, the Fel Breathe would still have enough time to remove that debuff. When he begins casting Soul Fire, I move my Pitlord to the corner for the Fel Hunter phase, because I know he won't be casting any more debuffs. At this point I use the Pit Lord's heal.

-Don't panic. During one of my best attempts, a Fel Hunter managed to dispel Enslave Demon. I had one Fel Hunter alive. I simply banished the Fel Hunter quickly, was lucky enough that my Pit Lord didn't use Charge on me, enslaved it as Kal was casting Cataclysm and stunned him with a couple seconds remaining. With that out of the way, I killed the remaining Fel Hunter, letting it dispel my Enslave Demon during the 3rd phase because I always re-enslave my Pit Lord during that phase while Kal is channeling his summon, anyway. The point is, you can recover if you screw up, just keep calm.

-After the 2nd Fel Hunter phase, the phase cycle gets questionable. When I reached my 3rd Imp phase, he summoned another wave of imps after that, and yet another after that. I never went farther than that before I defeated him, but once you get to your 3rd Imp phase you can blow your cooldowns and start nuking him. If there's a Fel Hunter phase at some point after the three consecutive waves of imps, they would be off cooldown by then.

Noticing that he casts 3 times after Cataclysm before he starts summoning was really key in me getting the fight down, because often times I'd send my Pit Lord away to the corner too late on the Fel Hunter phase and he'd get dispelled. Another thing to watch out for is that if you feel the need to move or kite the Fel Hunters, don't accidentally move them into line of sight of your Pit Lord. Their dispel has a HUGE range. While I was 470 last week and 490 this week (I probably spent about 40 or so attempts total before I got it), now that I know the encounter I think you could do this in full heroic blues, but it would be absolutely unforgiving.

Lastly, thank you Ackthal for this guide. I hope the additions I've added will be able to help someone, but Ackthal's guide is the best thing out there for this encounter
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2013-03-30 at 01:19 AM.

Thanks a ton!!

A couple of late tips that I found that made the fight a lot easier:

-Always dismiss & re enslave your Pit Lord while Kan is summoning the doomguard. On the 2nd doomguard, banish the first one before you dismiss. This was key in allowing me to keep control.
    -Don't use Health Stone glyph... I found the extra healing was not needed and the the burst of healing was munch more useful. Also I bound Burning embers to my healthstone and this was key to staying alive on imp phase ( endless embers ).

FELHUNTER PHASE: This phase is SUPER easy if executed this way. Immediately after cataclysm use the "move to" ability to move your Pit Lord LoS ( get him tucked in the really nice, don't just asshalf it ) use his heal while hes running to get your to 100%. Start moving yourself to the center of the room and when Kan goes to start casting summon Fel Hunter, use unbound will to clear all your debuffs. *This is KEY to success* once the first Fel Hunter spawns, use soulshatter, this will make kan ignore you this phase and go attack pit lord behind the corner. Right after you soulshatter, pop all offensive CDs and CB->Conflag->Execute ( forget wtf it's called lol ). Might need 1 incinerate after conflag. Then havoc the 2nd add, CB him once, target 3rd add and CB him ( 2nd add should be dead at this point ), then flag/incinerate until 3rd adds dead. SUPER EASY if done like this I rarely ever when below 95%. Do remember to rebuff yourself after this phase though, they will dispel it.

GL on this fight it is totally worth it

Glad you're all doing so great and enjoying wiping for hours on this encounter. A month almost later I still can't get past the 1st felhunter phase. I am glad I was able to beat countless of Raid Hard/Heroic modes and lead raids for 3 expansions (prior to lfr) just so I can be rewarded with frustration after years of waiting for this. I feel great about it, yup.

Glad the 1% is getting it though, totally has to do with skill, yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Glad you're all doing so great and enjoying wiping for hours on this encounter. A month almost later I still can't get past the 1st felhunter phase. I am glad I was able to beat countless of Raid Hard/Heroic modes and lead raids for 3 expansions (prior to lfr) just so I can be rewarded with frustration after years of waiting for this. I feel great about it, yup.

Glad the 1% is getting it though, totally has to do with skill, yup.
    I cleared 3 heroic modes (two of them just once each total times) in t14. The 1% are the Paragons and Blood Legions of the world. My guild has hovered between 40th and 60th percent in the times I've been with them. So, basically, an "average" raid guild. I did not outgear this encounter (some may disagree -- but for transparency's sake, I'm at ilvl 502 equipped).

I was getting stuck on the first felhunter phase for a long time. What exactly is going wrong there for you ?

What was happening for me is that either my Pitlord would get his enslave dispelled or I just couldn't get the pups down in time for the upcoming Chaos Bolt (despite trying to Soul Shatter -- sometimes it worked for me, sometimes it didn't). Eventually I found that keeping RoF on the portal while running behind it as the first two spawn, immediately Conflagrating the first one then Havoc-ing it, having the Pitlord charge the second one (stunning+debuffing them both) then Chaos Bolting it (killing both the first two if I had procs up, putting them in Shadowburn range if not) usually left me with just one pup, and if I Conflag'd him quickly he wouldn't dispel. And even if he did, one of them is quick enough to dispose of with a Backdrafted Chaos Bolt.

Basically I combined bits and pieces of multiple folks' tactics. You gotta do what works for you.

After mastering the felpup phase it was just a matter of learning to time my Pitlord Charges on Kanrethad to max dps -- eg, how many you can do and still have one for each Cataclysm + the felpups ... pre-casting a Chaos Bolt just before the charge so you can hit 3 CBs per charge, remembering to have a Pitlord breath for during the charge debuff, having a charge for the pups.

And most importantly, walking away when you're getting frustrated and/or tired. Maybe it works for some, but for me and many others who've posted, those just lead to small mistakes which only compound the frustration.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.