Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 75 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Very Simple, Place your RoF down at the gate and pop Soul Shatter right as he starts summoning Felhunters, Kanrethad will run to the Pit Lord and not going to bother you until he starts running into the Middle to cast Catacylsm at which point the Felhunters should be dead but don't have to be, Fear one (there shouldn be more than 1 alive anyway at that point) use your Havoc (cd should be ready) on the Felhunter.. Cast Chaos Bolt.. Start Charge on Kanrethad.. Felhunter should be now dead thanks to Havoc CB and you got your dmg onto Kanrethad as well. You can also use the Charge tactic on the Felhunters (Havoc, Start casting CB, Charge Felhunters) CB should now hit them and kill nearly kill them(very useful/only possiblity with very low gear), but a tiny bit of wrong placement and they eat your enslavement.

Edit: Get rid of Dark Regeneration and use Soul Leech, it's far better.
    Try to get 3-4 Embers before he spawns the felhunters, pop Dark Soul for this phase it will make a BIG difference and use Havoc on the Felhunters or you sure won't get them down fast enough
    Also i might be blind but you are not buffing yourself with Dark Intent? Keep Immolate up! + use the Glyph for it (optional)
    Yea I was a bit distracted talking to him through the whole encounter. I made some nubbish mistakes there but it seems to be the same repeatable problem through all of my attempts. I will try the soulshatter thing when he is casting and see if that works.

Also the burst part with the charge seems like a really good idea with Havoc. Never thought of that.

Oh and dear god you are correct, i guess I didnt hit DI :/
    Last edited by Griffeth; 2013-04-08 at 07:02 PM.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    another quick tip : Rebuff yourself after you kill the felhunter, they eat your buffs

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    another quick tip : Rebuff yourself after you kill the felhunter, they eat your buffs
    Right and if i see correctly he is using ElvUI or some mod of it, i would recommend getting ElvUI_Reminder and set it up to always warn you if you don't have the Buff, so mistakes like that will never happen, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Right and if i see correctly he is using ElvUI or some mod of it, i would recommend getting ElvUI_Reminder and set it up to always warn you if you don't have the Buff, so mistakes like that will never happen, ever.
    That used to be built into ElvUI. Cant believe they took it out! Thanks for that and I will try it again later today and come back with results.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    I didn't do it on my kill but you can also try buffing yourself with Underwater Breathing in the hopes that the felhunters devour that instead.

I finally did it, after full repairing 5 times.

I used Demo as it was the spec I am most comfortable with. I thought I could post my findings as most guides are for destro.

Demo is very strong agianst the felhunters. I also noticed sometimes felhunters went after wild imps after I Soul Shattered. It is both good and bad. Good because it pulls the pressure of you, bad if you moved the pit lord a second too late and felhunter would face him and remove the enslave. Leap helps with moving out of RoF or moving quickly to boss for the Flame Breath cleanse.

I abused the Siphon heal and in one try it killed the pit lord, as I wasn't paying attention to his health. After that, I used glyphed Health Funnel to give pit lord 15% health before using the Siphon to give me 200k. He never went below 80%.

There is not much which isn't mentioned in other posts here. Dump aggro with portal almost on CD, Use soul shatter on puppies and keep using it after 3rd imp phase (if you get there). Have a SacPact macro ready for unfortunate chaos bolts. Saved me twice on my kill attempt.

Again, thanks everyone who posted in here and the FAQ. It would take forever without your valuable posts.

FYI, I respeced my secondary Affli to Demo just to be able to show off the green flames of destruction.. Muhahahaha.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just did this, ilvl 501 (Thugra, US-Uther, with the Spirit shoulders). Unlike this "love it 'cause I beat it/hate it 'cause I didn't" dichotomy, I loathed this encounter. I hated every second of it. The only reason I even bothered was to say I killed him before they nerfed it. I think it's terrible.

Why, you ask? Because it encapsulates every single stupid, bad, childish, cater-to-the-neckbeard-Mongo-in-Mom's-basement design flaw that I hated about Vanilla (correctly, pre-2.1) raids:
    -Mandatory talents (demonic sacrifice).
    -Buff stacking (dispel protection).
    -Mandatory obscure consumables (purification potion, are you fucking kidding me? I had to wait 3 days to even find Sorrowmoss on the Auction House! You think people on low-pop realms should have to level up herbalists?).
    -RNG dependence (felhunter dispel, and demonic gateway is buggy)
    -Requires multiple macros just for the one encounter.

Now, the encounter could've been fine. Difficulty was absolutely not the issue. The problem is that none of those things are necessary for a difficult fight. Look at Algalon: at-level, he was extraordinarily hard, and the fight used none of those. That Blizzard *chose* to reach for the low-hanging fruit *again* suggests many things about their creative design...all of them negative.

What I did Differently
    (Anything not specified here was the standard strat. from the EU WoW forum)
    * I didn't soak Chaos Bolts. I used Demonic Gateway to LOS. Demonic Portal (and Dark Bargain) were backups. Overall, that felt far more reliable than Sacrificial Pact -- no random blow-ups from self-damage. However, it's still imperfect: Demonic Gateway isn't that reliable either. Even without its debuff, and with no glyph, I sometimes clicked it and had nothing happen. Once, I spam clicked, and rather than teleport me, it ... God damn despawned. (I had no debuff, it had 5 min. left, it had 5 charges, ... oh, and the boss was at 5%).
    * I stayed very close to my forward gate, as you'd expect.
    * I didn't move the Pit Lord around at all. I mean, ever. I had him attack Kanrethad by the portal and charge him when I could. I never tried to have him tank Kanrethad out of LOS or any such silly things like that. He left Kanrethad to pick up Doomguards, that's it. He tanked both. [I set that up with Soulshatters and micromanagement. I found this far less annoying than relying on Fear/Banish chains.]
    * I dealt with Felhunters by burning one (Conflag + Chaos Bolt), having the Pit Lord charge a 2nd, then Bane on 2nd, tab to 3rd, Conflag + Shadowfury, finish with a Chaos Bolt. I recast my buffs and Pit Lord went back on boss. This was the only reliable way I found to do it. I didn't burn (partial) GCDs or spam clicks on Curse of Elements. I also recast all buffs when after they died -- including Unending Breath. (Which, btw, they do eat
    * Dark Bargain was my tier 3 talent, not Sacrificial Pact. I found it useful to re-enslave the Pit Lord. If you lose control of the Pit Lord with Felhunters up, pop Dark Bargain and burn the Felhunters. It's a great backup for Chaos Bolts, too, when Demonic Gateway inevitably opts to fuck itself.
    * I didn't use Glyph of Healthstone or Glyph of Ember Tap.
    * I used a Purification Potion after the 2nd doomguard was controlled. Kanrethad was just out of Shadowburn range when he went into "all imps all the time" mode -- around 25%.
    * All I used to dispel myself was Singe Magic. Learning to time it precisely minimized Seed debuffs. I ate some, but was able to survive even the lethal Annoying Imp/Felhunter combination -- even on the kill. I found "not worrying" much more manageable than turning the Pit Lord's breath weapon on myself while taking heavy damage.

Macros Used:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Twilight Ward
    /cast Demonic Siphon
    (I spammed this)

#showtooltip
    /target Kanrethad
    /cast Charge
    (Mandatory)

#showtooltip
    /target Felhunter
    /cast Charge
    (Useful)

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=self] Fel Flame Breath
    (Just in case you really can't deal with a Seed debuff right that second. Not sure I actually used this on the kill.)

Total: Full repair probably ... 7 times. I don't remember. The first time I tried, I had bad insomnia and was just looking for a way to forget I couldn't sleep. Overall, that's between 40 and 50 tries, ~20 serious, ~10 unnecessary extras thanks to a couple of 5s lag spikes.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2013-04-09 at 09:27 AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    Ilvl 481 here, still can't defeat it and it seems i gotte run some ToT LFR again. Hope i get it down by next weekend caus i want my green fire=D

Deleted
    Hit 90 yesterday, but I can't wait for gearing, I attempted the scenario and defeated the Essence of Order with ilevel 432.

The tactic was simple, I got it from a video: just keep aoeing the adds with rain of fire, the goal is not for them to die. (come on, they won't) but to generate burning embers so fast you can spam ember tap when needed, casting spells against the boss as needed. Let voidwalker tank, if he dies: flames of xoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Just did this, ilvl 501 (Thugra, US-Uther, with the Spirit shoulders). Unlike this "love it 'cause I beat it/hate it 'cause I didn't" dichotomy, I loathed this encounter. I hated every second of it. The only reason I even bothered was to say I killed him before they nerfed it. I think it's terrible.

Why, you ask? Because it encapsulates every single stupid, bad, childish, cater-to-the-neckbeard-Mongo-in-Mom's-basement design flaw that I hated about Vanilla (correctly, pre-2.1) raids:
    -Mandatory talents (demonic sacrifice).
    -Mandatory obscure consumables (purification potion, are you fucking kidding me? I had to wait 3 days to even find Sorrowmoss on the Auction House! You think people on low-pop realms should have to level up herbalists?).

Now, the encounter could've been fine. Difficulty was absolutely not the issue. The problem is that none of those things are necessary for a difficult fight. Look at Algalon: at-level, he was extraordinarily hard, and the fight used none of those. That Blizzard *chose* to reach for the low-hanging fruit *again* suggests many things about their creative design...all of them negative.

What I did Differently
    (Anything not specified here was the standard strat. from the EU WoW forum)
    * I didn't soak Chaos Bolts. I used Demonic Gateway to LOS. Demonic Portal (and Dark Bargain) were backups. Overall, that felt far more reliable than Sacrificial Pact -- no random blow-ups from self-damage. However, it's still imperfect: Demonic Gateway isn't that reliable either. Even without its debuff, and with no glyph, I sometimes clicked it and had nothing happen. Once, I spam clicked, and rather than teleport me, it ... God damn despawned. (I had no debuff, it had 5 min. left, it had 5 charges, ... oh, and the boss was at 5%).
    * I stayed very close to my forward gate, as you'd expect.
    * I didn't move the Pit Lord around at all. I mean, ever. I had him attack Kanrethad by the portal and charge him when I could. I never tried to have him tank Kanrethad out of LOS or any such silly things like that. He left Kanrethad to pick up Doomguards, that's it. He tanked both. [I set that up with Soulshatters and micromanagement. I found this far less annoying than relying on Fear/Banish chains.]
    * I dealt with Felhunters by burning one (Conflag + Chaos Bolt), having the Pit Lord charge a 2nd, then Bane on 2nd, tab to 3rd, Conflag + Shadowfury, finish with a Chaos Bolt. I recast my buffs and Pit Lord went back on boss. This was the only reliable way I found to do it. I didn't burn (partial) GCDs or spam clicks on Curse of Elements. I also recast all buffs when after they died -- including Unending Breath. (Which, btw, they do eat
    * Dark Bargain was my tier 3 talent, not Sacrificial Pact. I found it useful to re-enslave the Pit Lord. If you lose control of the Pit Lord with Felhunters up, pop Dark Bargain and burn the Felhunters. It's a great backup for Chaos Bolts, too, when Demonic Gateway inevitably opts to fuck itself.
    * I didn't use Glyph of Healthstone or Glyph of Ember Tap.
    * I used a Purification Potion after the 2nd doomguard was controlled. Kanrethad was just out of Shadowburn range when he went into "all imps all the time" mode -- around 25%.
    * All I used to dispel myself was Singe Magic. Learning to time it precisely minimized Seed debuffs. I ate some, but was able to survive even the lethal Annoying Imp/Felhunter combination -- even on the kill. I found "not worrying" much more manageable than turning the Pit Lord's breath weapon on myself while taking heavy damage.

Macros Used:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Twilight Ward
    /cast Demonic Siphon
    (I spammed this)

#showtooltip
    /target Kanrethad
    /cast Charge
    (Mandatory)

#showtooltip
    /target Felhunter
    /cast Charge
    (Useful)

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=self] Fel Flame Breath
    (Just in case you really can't deal with a Seed debuff right that second. Not sure I actually used this on the kill.)

Total: Full repair probably ... 7 times. I don't remember. The first time I tried, I had bad insomnia and was just looking for a way to forget I couldn't sleep. Overall, that's between 40 and 50 tries, ~20 serious, ~10 unnecessary extras thanks to a couple of 5s lag spikes.

Look you don't need half the shit you mentioned because their are work around.

Mandatory talents (demonic sacrifice).
    You can use demonic gate/portal to line of sight this

Not sure what your talking about

Pot is only needed if you lack the dps

Nothing rng about the felhunter dispel and had no issue with gateway. granted gateway debuff doesn't work if the boss already targets you and your slow on porting

macro's are again not needed, they just make it easier

Fight itself is fine, its mostly about just learning the flow of the fight since the mechanics are stupidly simple

Didnt get a chance to do this again last night with the adjusted changes, but I was running over the encounter in my head. Is the felhunter dispell only a 180 in front of them or will they do it if the pit lord is behind them?

I need to try with the whole blow up the first one, wait for third and then charge + havoc kill the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got it on my 3 days old Warlock. 17 attempts (Wiped on 2% on attempt #13 because I forgot to dispel Doom), iLvl 484. That wasn't so hard. Super fun fight though. ^^
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Have had this quest for over a month and still cant complete it. Its by far the dumbest thing ever implemented into this game. I really wish they would just nerf this garbage instance already. It should not be this hard to get green fire.

Is it dumb because you cant do it or dumb because its actually a challenge? I for one like the fact that I just cant faceroll to get the fel flame. Am I mad that I dont have it yet? yes. Am I mad because its a challenge? no

at over 100 rare kills and have yet to get the book...this is just dumb

The complaints are valid. Some people enjoy juggling chainsaws and many others do not.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Nothing rng about the felhunter dispel and had no issue with gateway. granted gateway debuff doesn't work if the boss already targets you and your slow on porting

Gateway is currently bugged since the latest hotfix, it will 100% despawn if you get out of visible range, for some people it simply despawns right under their nose apparently too.

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    Is it dumb because you cant do it or dumb because its actually a challenge? I for one like the fact that I just cant faceroll to get the fel flame. Am I mad that I dont have it yet? yes. Am I mad because its a challenge? no

Thing is, Fel Flame is purely cosmetic; it offers no real advantage so it shouldn't be so frustrating to complete. If it gave you a buff or an epic or something along those lines I would agree that it should be challenging. But for a simple spell recolor? Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Thing is, Fel Flame is purely cosmetic; it offers no real advantage so it shouldn't be so frustrating to complete. If it gave you a buff or an epic or something along those lines I would agree that it should be challenging. But for a simple spell recolor? Nope.
    There are people that would argue the opposite, that in fact there should be more purely cosmetic things in this game that show skill. I personally think it's more justified that cosmetic things could be more difficult, because players aren't getting comparatively weaker because they are unable to finish it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    I would argue that having cosmetic things in game which are difficult, time consuming or a bit of both is a good thing. There are quite a lot of players who wants to have their progress in-game recognized. Yes, Fel Flame is purely cosmetical, but so is the recolour on heroic raiding gear. Should all gear look the same even though a lot of it is significantly more difficult to get your hands on? What about Challenge Mode gear? Elite PvP gear? All of it can be seen as purely cosmetical in one way or another.

That's the nice thing about it though. There are many cosmetic things in game and they all have varying degrees of difficulty. This means that anyone can get to the 'level' they are skill-wise and have the cosmetics to show for it, whether that be LFR gear, Fel Flame, or Challenge Mode gear.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.