Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 79 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Okay, so now I died at 6% to the Curse of Doom he puts on u. Wtf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Yes, you need a Potion of Purification to remove that curse when it is about to end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    That's the fight's soft enrage timer. You can cleanse it one time with a purification potion (I suggest during the second felhunter phase) to get another 7+ minutes.

If you can get to 6% you can complete the encounter, you just need to work on your execution. Personally, after wiping a few times at sub-10% I quit for the night, then the next afternoon I got it on my first try.

Hokay, so now I use Purification Pot to dispel the dot, but I get overwhelmed by the imps and the Doomguards. I am done for today! Thank you guys for your input

Went back again, got it on the 3rd attempt. My hands were shaking. I CAN HAS GREEN FIREZZZZZ!
    Last edited by Shefu; 2013-04-12 at 03:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's the fight's soft enrage timer.
    It's the fight's HARD enrage timer. I must adimt, use of purification potion is a clever move, but you really weren't supposed to be able to remove the curse.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Loved the fight, did it a few days ago. Ilvl 490, mix of pvp and pve gear.

I liked that it was such an intricate dance, one mistep and you wiped. I spent probably around 8-10 hrs total on it, but about 4 hrs at once before I got it.

My fight starts at 3:54:00 or so http://www.twitch.tv/lokiess/b/387892619 if you're interested in how I did it.

My main suggestion is to use your portal to remove aggro as often as possible, it helps to have Kanrethad chaos bolting the pit lord instead of you.

Luck to all who are still working on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    It's the fight's HARD enrage timer. I must adimt, use of purification potion is a clever move, but you really weren't supposed to be able to remove the curse.
    Oh come on, give low item level dudes a chance.

Deleted
    YEEEEEEY!!

WOUW! Got it down after like , 4 hours of total trying none stop! finaly finaly green fucking fire

ilvl 486 dwarf warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    dwarf warlock
    My condolences....

But grats on the green fire. Welcome to the club! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Actually you're mistaken.

If Blizzard didn't assume people would use the potion then they would it so that we couldn't remove the doom curse. Their are a ton of magical damage spells in WoW which you can't dispell and hurt like hell (relatively spoken ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Actually you're mistaken.

If Blizzard didn't assume people would use the potion then they would it so that we couldn't remove the doom curse. Their are a ton of magical damage spells in WoW which you can't dispell and hurt like hell (relatively spoken ofc).
    It's certainly not inteded but fixing it anytime now would just create outrage, in the end they would be better off making it undispellable and increase it's duration to 14minutes should be enough for anoyone to try this enouncter.

Eh. People would just cheese it with LOS and Charge, use the portal fade trick to avoid chaos bolt instead. You can get him to postpone it for quite a while if you want to, then spec Dark Bargain and extend the fight for another 10-12 seconds at the end. All other consumables are allowed anyway, you could use the wet-naps from EPL or even Elune's Grace if you still have it. You might even be able to survive if you combine Dark Bargain, Unending Resolve, Shadow Bulwark and Twilight Ward in the right sequence with the Pitlord heal and glyphed HS thrown in.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    It's certainly not inteded but fixing it anytime now would just create outrage, in the end they would be better off making it undispellable and increase it's duration to 14minutes should be enough for anoyone to try this enouncter.
    look if debuffs are meant to be undispellable then Blizzard makes sure they can't be removed.

Their are a ton of debuffs ingame that do magical damage but can't be dispelled.

Blizzard clearly intended to allow every single debuff to be removed and to be able to avoid every single magical attack. Because if you want you can LoS or charge his cast to extend the time when you are hit with Doom. Only reason why nobody does that is because it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Blizzard clearly intended
    Not necessarily true. There have been cases that they didn't "intend" for a certain thing in-game to be possible, but someone found a way to do it and Blizzard just didn't mind it. "Clever use of game mechanics," as they say. Things that aren't really an exploit but are also not necessarily how Blizzard designed the encounter.

They also wouldn't necessarily fix it right away if they didn't want it there. Look at automatic discovery on flight paths. That was a bug but it was ages before they fixed it.

But either way, it's fair game right now.

Kanrethad and 450ilvl.

Is it possible? I've done Essence of Order with the char linked below (had even worse gear then), but kanrethad just seems to chaotic after some tries.
    If it is possible to do it, could fellow locks provide me with extensive and detailed hints, tips and tricks?

Greatly appreciated

Edit: Also, just because there is another thread on the Green Fire quest, this is meant to serve as a tip-giving thread for people whose gear is really low, like mine. If it is not needed, please feel free to delete the thread or lock it and move this post to the thread about the green fire.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ttios/advanced
    Last edited by Well; 2013-04-12 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Is it possible? I've done Essence of Order with the char linked below (had even worse gear then), but kanrethad just seems to chaotic after some tries.
    If it is possible to do it, could fellow locks provide me with extensive and detailed hints, tips and tricks?

Greatly appreciated

Edit: Also, just because there is another thread on the Green Fire quest, this is meant to serve as a tip-giving thread for people whose gear is really low, like mine. If it is not needed, please feel free to delete the thread or lock it and move this post to the thread about the green fire.

It's possible. It's been done with lower ilevels then that, BUT the thing is you need absolute perfect execution on the mechanics. And you'll need a Purification potion, cause you'll never make the enrage timer otherwise.

Deleted

Greatly appreciated

Same, the Essence of Order I did as ilevel 432. Compared to Kanrethad it is really IS a the essence of order, it's not that chaotic.

Greatly appreciated

It's been done with ilvls lower than that but it's HIGHLY unlikely. With that hit % and that gear level alone I'd be hard pressed to believe you could even do enough damage to kill him WITH a purification pot.

So... get in lfd and lfr to get some gear for starters at least? The lock is obviously not my main.

Edit of shame: Been playing a mage for years.

So... get in lfd and lfr to get some gear for starters at least? The lock is obviously not my main.

Edit of shame: Been playing a mage for years.
    Definitely will not hurt you at all to get some gear. I did it at 481 and I had to use a purification pot, but only just. So try to get around there and then work on it, you'll only really be frustrating yourself before then.