Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 82 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah, made it to doomgaurd and second felhunter phase. Got wtf pwned there. :P

Proud of myself actually, I am making good progress.

You do not need to CC the doomlords, at all. It's extra managing that you don't need clustering the fight up. Have your pitlord attack them once, breath them, and send him back to Kanrethad. At this point they'll always attack the pitlord. He takes a massive beating with both of them on him at this point, so a glyph health funnel will help tremendously.

Is the dreadsteed going to be green in 5.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    There's been no word on whether or not it will be green at all yet, as far as I know. Last I'd heard on green fire warlock mounts was a, "Hopefully."

Right now no, but who knows, at least it appears they will add a green one sometime.. maybe still happening in 5.3 but unlikely.

I beat the fight about 2 weeks ago finally. and my opinion still hasnt changed. I never want to do this fight again, i think its indeed very epic in idea, but it feels more like a 'HERES YOUR GREEN FIRE, ENJOY GETTING IT' from blizzard with an evil cackle then it does feel like a genuine epic event. I think the final boss should have been a summoned boss outside the single player scenario, either in a heroic instance or even a raid instance that required alot of warlock involvement to succeed (enslaves, specific curses and ports) but not by him/herself. Heres how i envision it.

Fight starts, every few minutes the pit lord is summoned, you still need to enslave it to interrupt cata, but since the pit lords are summoned every minute you need to get rid of your current pit lord by standing it in a rift of dark energy only reachable by warlock portals/gateways. Maybe the ground falls away and the gateways are needed to move the group across a rift. meanwhile, the boss is only attackable during the stun, the rest of the encounter is avoidance, support and gameplay tricks. Boss is also summoning 1) a very fast moving mob that you need to CoEx 2) fast casting mob that needs to be silenced via tounges 3)
    Shitload of imps that have no aggro table. Felhunters in the mix. maybe have the warlock get ported to a sealed area to have his own solo bit to complete before the group can continue the fight so it really is dependant on his success.

This fight is one that should have had an audience. and instead all my guild heard for 2-3 weeks of attempts was my occasional angry typing in chat or in vent when i would have a good attempt and die to a random stupid mistake.

Read somewhere they were considering it. What I really want is a green Dark Soul: Instability, because the orange one looks silly with the green fire. Also, a green Abyssal, for similar reasons...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Oh my fuck this fight is aids.

I switched from my lock 6 months ago to my paladin due to our guild needing a healer, and I literally haven't touched it since then. For some reason I got a wild hair to go get myself the book and get green fire.

Haha, I really am a glutton for punishment.

Did the scenario and got to the boss with 483 ilvl...got blown up. Did some LFR, got to 491. Spent about 3 1/2 hours on it last night. I can pretty much get down 2 full rotations of summons now before I die. Used 2 purification potions in probably 20 or so wipes.

I'd say the lowest I had him was about 30%.

Everyone talks about the felhunters being difficult, and they are until you get the hang of them.

But my problem, for some reason, is the god damn imps.

No matter what I do, they come out and just absolutely wreck me. I hit them with the breath first, bust out the RoF, shadowfury, FnB immolate, etc....they just seem to take FOREVER to fucking die. I'm constantly having to spam ember tap during that phase because my HP just ping pongs.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I watch videos and do the EXACT same thing on the imp phase, and they literally die 4-5x slower. By the time they usually die, I have had to use the breath on them 3 times.

Here's my lock: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADzed/advanced
    (sac is currently out for suprem, was doing dailies)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    When I dealt with the imps I started only with RoF until all, or close to all, were out.
    Then FnB Immolate and moved in for the breath. Never used breath twice on them.
    Another RoF usually finished them I believe.
    I also used Mannoroth's Fury to make aiming a non-issue.
    Did on 491 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by vandroy View Post
    When I dealt with the imps I started only with RoF until all, or close to all, were out.
    Did on 491 ilvl.
    Did you have to spam the hell out of ember tap during that phase? Seems like during RoF I have to use all those generated embers to heal the shit out of myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vandroy View Post
    Did on 491 ilvl.
    Pretty much what vandroy said, except that I didn't used any breath at all. I just moved a bit backwards so that the imps are on top of the boss and dpsed them down with Kanrethad as target, RoF>FnB+Immolate>Shadowfury>FnB/incies till they died. Indeed, you might need to refresh your RoF, but usually they should die in 3-4 Fnb/incinerate combos. You can also switch to FnB+Conflags instead of fnb incies if you want
    Eventually if you get better at the fight, you can try have the pit take aggro, keep RoF up on them (for infinite embers) and spam extra CB's on the boss. When needed just throw 1/2 fnb's combos on them and switch the phase
    Oh one more thing if it helps (not sure) but from testing with some friends of mine, they seemed to get deeper into the fight. Reforge on something like 6% hit and go crazy and balance crit/haste rest on mastery stats. Hit didn't seemed to make a difference on the dps loss, instead they reported deeper boss dps till the phases switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    Did you have to spam the hell out of ember tap during that phase? Seems like during RoF I have to use all those generated embers to heal the shit out of myself
    I just used the sacrifice talent and Twilight Ward to soak the early bolts, line up some RoFs from the portal, wait for the last ones to come out, drag them onto the boss and charge, breath, dead, use PL heal to patch yourself up. If any remain, you'll drop aggro on them temporarily when you dodge Chaos Bolt with gateways anyway, and that should afford you enough time to finish them off.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I seemed to have the most success when I used the frequent gate hopping method. Had 0 chaos bolts target me and had the pit lord tank everything.

Imps came out, I ran over to the gate and had him breath, RoF, SnB immolate, then more RoF and SnB conflag+incin. Just seemed to take them a really long time to die. Then during felhunter phase I moved the pit lord behind the pillar to the right there and put him on passive, killed felhunters easily, had pet re-engage boss so he would follow him back to the middle to be in charge range for cataclysm. Doom guard phase I stood near the portal, had pit lord breathe, then hopped a portal and that sucked aggro off of me.

There were a few times that my pit lord got stuck in the floor, and once he got stuck in the pillar.

There was another time that I killed a felhunter, so 2 were left, and suddenly 2 more spawned as soon as one died...for a total of 4. That was pretty awesome.

I watched some more videos and it seems like maybe my lack of any 2 piece tier is partially what's screwing me. Everyone seems to be doing 20-30k more damage on their incinerates and chaos bolts.

I pretty much have the fight down though, I've gotten to the third imp phase once or twice and he was at about 25-30%. So maybe tonight after some LFR I'll focus on more boss time.

And recount isn't working for me on that fight for some reason, might have to switch to skada to see if that'll help. Would be nice to see how much dps i've been doing on him.

You can actually get away with using two Fel Flame Breaths on the imps if you're so inclined. I had to do that on certain parts because I think that I had some of the imps too far into the portal for RoF to hit properly. Not sure if that was the real problem but anyway what I did was after the first FFB I would pop the Pit Lord's heal (since I didn't really need it a lot), then FFB again after it came off cooldown to finish the imps for sure. Didn't even need to use Ember Tap or SacPact at that point since The Pit Lord pretty much heals you to full.

EDIT: If you can make it to 25-30% already you are well into a good position to kill him. Just a little bit more.
    Last edited by Geegeez; 2013-04-16 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    I can't seem to get past the second felhunter phase, I imagine after that it's very easy to finish with only imps, but honestly I can't get past the second felhunter phase, I don't think it's my low 471 ilevel, but at that phase it's too chaotic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I can't seem to get past the second felhunter phase, I imagine after that it's very easy to finish with only imps, but honestly I can't get past the second felhunter phase, I don't think it's my low 471 ilevel, but at that phase it's too chaotic.
    I did it for a friend of mine and he is in 480 ilvl. I do agree that it is a bit frustrating. But I played it safe.
    I send my pit lord behind the portal quite early and move in the front of the gate, but avoiding dpsing the boss (for obvious aggro reasons).
    As soon as the first pup came out I feared him, then dealt with the last 2, as soon as they were dead, I sent the pit back on the boss. I went trough the gate (knowing that when the pup will dispel the pit lord, my fear might have bugged out, the pup was feared but standing on the same spot, in front of the gate) to get some distance and took it down. Fortunately, I didn't got charged by the pit, in fact he didn't even got close to me.
    Yes you can get a CB in your face as you will be 5-6 secs the only target there, but you should use your cd's. On the second pup spawn also moved in early, but this time I just took a risk and threw the infernal on the gate and with a combination of shadowfury and a pit lord charge nuked them all down.
    In general, yes, the felhunters phase is the most annoying. If you get the first one down, you should be able to deal with the second pup spawn. Imps and doomlords should cause a very little problem. If you got the second pups spawn down, it should be a kill. As a precaution, don't forget to use your potion if you get them down tho. You will get pissed to see yourself around 10% with full health and instantly die....

Good luck!

Rocket, I had the same sticking point as you, the infinite imp phase. They are little bastards. What got me past it was two things.

First, and this was the biggie, positioning. For me the imps liked to barely come out of Kanrethad's gateway, and in some cases even sat slightly behind it. The pit lord breath wasn't hitting them all, etc. I ended up burying half of my RoF's targeting reticle inside the gateway, and standing right on top of the imps to use my /target self|cast fel flame breath so it would HIT them all. The breath does a ton of damage, but the cone can be rather hard to aim amid all the chaos. Then I would use the pitlord's heal on myself because the firebolts + fel flame breath had me rather low. Then use your gate, get back over there, and drop another RoF to finish off any stragglers, or you can have the pit lord breathe again. The gating should make them shoot at the pit lord and not you.

Second, timing. Give it a few seconds before you RoF and FnB/Immolate them, so most or all of them get hit by it. They stream out continuously over the 10 seconds he's calling them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaa View Post

Second, timing. Give it a few seconds before you RoF and FnB/Immolate them, so most or all of them get hit by it. They stream out continuously over the 10 seconds he's calling them in.
    Might be what I'm doing wrong, I think I get panicked and want to RoF immediately so I can get those embers up to ember tap myself over and over. If I can get that part down the correct way, all those embers I used for healing will be turned into chaos bolts on the boss.

Since I've had the boss keep aggro on the pit lord and RARELY take a chaos bolt, perhaps I should save my "oh shit" shield macro button for the imp phase.

Deleted
    I don't have problems with imps really, they do indeed take a while to kill but I just spam RoF, FnB and breath away. :P Not stopping, perhaps popping a heal or shield or both.

Also be sure to use FnB Immolate as it makes your RoF 50% more effective against those little shits.

What seriously kills me is the felhunter second phase, sometimes even the first.

Also a major annoyance is that annoying imp, they could have done without that because that is just uncalled for. It's hard enough.

Fucking imp completely ruins some of my attempts.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 09:13 PM ----------

How do you re-enslave?

Seriously I found out my enslave simply runs out, it wasn't the felhunters.

Re-enslave doesn't work it seems, I can't cast it again until it runs out.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-04-16 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    How do you re-enslave?

Seriously I found out my enslave simply runs out, it wasn't the felhunters.

Re-enslave doesn't work it seems, I can't cast it again until it runs out.
    Indeed, your enslavement will expire before you kill the boss. You have to dismiss it and then cast Enslave Demon on it again. I like to do it as Kanrethad is summoning each Doom Lord. You can do this pretty easily via a macro, which I believe would look like this:

#showtooltip Enslave Demon
    /script PetDismiss();
    /tar Pit Lord
    /cast Enslave Demon

Someone feel free to correct that if any of it's incorrect. lol

EDIT: I think you can also throw in a /targetlasttarget at the end of that macro to automatically re-target Kanrethad (or whatever you had targeted) if you wish.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-04-16 at 09:51 PM.