Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 84 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    Been on this for 3 weeks now and I still can't do it. After 100s of attempts, I find each attempt less successful because It makes me depressed. I've read tons of of guides, watched lots of videos, know all the mechanics.....but still die to either debuffs I can't shift due to cooldowns, chaos bolts or fel rain. I just can't manage the tons of crap you have to multi-task , and even when I do, I forget something simple like re-enslaving or resetting threat, or clearing debuffs. You get the picture.

I just wish I could get someone to do it for me, I don't care about the self satisfaction of killing it myself anymore. And yes I'll have some cheese with my w(h)ine.
    only 3 hours?Took me 13 hours of pure wiping before i killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    only 3 hours?Took me 13 hours of pure wiping before i killed him.
    Ummm re-read, 3 WEEKS, not 3 hours :P

This is probably sad.. but I have no issues with the fel hunter stage. I put the pit lord to the left of the gate and kite/kill the hunters to the right. Easy.

But I keep dying to imps, I'm embarrassed to even admit this. It's not really the Imps that kill me, it's grabbing aggro on Kanrethad and eating a chaos bolt to the face. I'm using gateway on cooldown, and trying to LoS him. I guess it just get's too hectic. Even with the gateway debuff and the pit lords charge/breath, I always seem to have at least yellow aggro, on the verge of being targeted. I'm ilvl 484 so I don't think I can afford to slow down on dps.

I should get this soon though, I have fel hunters down, I have dispels down.. I just need to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by mlayao75 View Post
    This is probably sad.. but I have no issues with the fel hunter stage. I put the pit lord to the left of the gate and kite/kill the hunters to the right. Easy.

But I keep dying to imps, I'm embarrassed to even admit this. It's not really the Imps that kill me, it's grabbing aggro on Kanrethad and eating a chaos bolt to the face. I'm using gateway on cooldown, and trying to LoS him. I guess it just get's too hectic. Even with the gateway debuff and the pit lords charge/breath, I always seem to have at least yellow aggro, on the verge of being targeted. I'm ilvl 484 so I don't think I can afford to slow down on dps.

I should get this soon though, I have fel hunters down, I have dispels down.. I just need to calm down.
    When he goes to summon the Imps, stand right under the tail (butt) of the pit lord. Have your RoF going and you can get a bunch of CBs into Kenrethad. As soon as he finishes the imp channel, use the Pit Lords charge. Kenrethrad and the imps will be stunned. Casted 1 breath from the Pit and that should kill everything, or have the imps low enough that they will die to your RoF.

Should make it easier to dodge Kenrthad's CBs because there is a lot less you have to worry about now. I'm assuming you set up your portal LOS of the gate.
    Last edited by Cirayne24; 2013-04-17 at 01:34 PM.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    When he goes to summon the Imps, stand right under the tail (butt) of the pit lord. Have your RoF going and you can get a bunch of CBs into Kenrethad. As soon as he finishes the imp channel, use the Pit Lords charge. Kenrethrad and the imps will be stunned. Casted 1 breath from the Pit and that should kill everything, or have the imps low enough that they will die to your RoF.

Should make it easier to dodge Kenrthad's CBs. I'm assuming you set up your portal LOS of the gate.
    Ugh, thank you for this tip, it seems like it should have been obvious to do. I do have my portal LoS'd but I've been standing near my gateways the whole phase, haven't tried stacking on the pit. I'll try this when I get home, thanks again.

Now that I'm sort of down off my high, and have sleep...

Completed it last night with 491 ilvl, and no tier set bonuses.

I adopted a strategy from several different videos mashed together.

First, you have to flask, food, self buff, sac the imp, and get ready for a pre-pot. DO NOT FORGET HEALTHSTONES. Glyphed for speedy enslave demon as well. MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE MACROS THAT ARE POSTED. Namely macro your enslave demon to target the pitlord, macro the charge to hit Kanrethad, "oh shit" twilight ward/defense cooldown macro, and macro a self cast felfire breath to hit you (this will cause the pit lord to come to you and breathe on you wherever you are).

I used the demonic gateway threat reduction method. I put one portal RIGHT next to the summoning well, and the other as CLOSE as possible to it in the center of the floor grate.

I then click the summoning well and start from the left side, maybe 20 yds from the summoning portal.

Kanrethad walks out, I /focus, and wait for the countdown. At 1 second, I hit my pre-pot and cast a Rain of Fire on him. He gets tagged and throw up CoE and it's off to the races. I spam the hell out of everything but CB to get up embers (I usually got 3) before the Pit Lord comes. PL pops out, enslave it, hit G (my hotkey for pet attack), then click him to PASSIVE and hit G again. Pit Lord gets to boss, hits him a time or 2, use Fel Fire Breath and hop through the gateway. Now the boss is stuck to the pit lord.

Proceed to blow him up. USUALLY I didn't get a cataclysm before he summons the imps...I'd say maybe 1 out or 5 times I got one.

This is where it gets interesting. One video suggested using the PL charge to halt the DOOM cast that Kanrethad uses on you. To give you extra time and more damage (during the stun). I successfully caught it 4 times in one attempt, but I felt like I was spending too much trying to focus on that and then I ended up getting rattled for the rest of the attempt. My kill attempt though, I did interrupt it the first time (and got off a couple chaos bolts with my synapse springs/Dark Soul for BIG damage).

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BE JUMPING THROUGH THE GATEWAYS when it comes off cooldown. I did that the entire time and did not have a single chaos bolt fired at me.

DPS hard until he goes to summon the imps.

When he moves to the summoning position, stand RIGHT under the Pit Lords ass. Like he's resting his balls on your head.

Let the imps come out while you continue to dps the boss. Right near the end of the summon cast, hit CTRL-3 to use FFB on Kanrethad and all of the imps. Throw down 2 RoF, run to the gateway, hit Shadowfury, jump through the gate (easiest from furthest gate, which should be closer to the pit lord, that way it throws you REAL close to the giant portal). Once you land, hit the macro for a targeted FFB to nuke the buffs off of you and hit the imps again. Drop another RoF or 2 and the imps should be toast, along with your buffs. Oh and while this is happening, keep ripping off CB's on the boss due to the monster ember generation from those imps.

JUMP THROUGH THE GATEWAY AGAIN (cannot repeat this enough)

Kanrethad runs to the middle for cataclysm. When you see him start to cast, start a chaos bolt. When you're halfway through, hit the charge boss macro to stun him, chaos bolt does monster damage, then you can hit him with another.

After your 2nd CB goes off, start running to the right (if facing the giant portal). Get far enough so that you can click your PL to run behind the big pillar on that side.

Kanrethad will then run to summon the felhunters while your pet is waddling off out of LoS.

Run about 20yds behind Kanrethad (AFTER USING THE GATEWAY), drop 2 RoF's on the portal (spread them a little), hit Unbound Will AND Soulshatter. Soulshatter is VERY IMPORTANT here. If you forget it, you WILL get hit by a chaos bolt DURING felhunters.

With your pet off to the side, your debuffs wiped, and your threat lowered, the boss will run over behind the pillar to attack your Pit Lord.

The 2 RoF's you dropped will pick up the felhunters as they come out. First felhunter hit with immolate, use havoc, cast CB on the 2nd Felhunter, conflag those 2 until dead. CLICK YOUR FOCUS WINDOW AND HAVE THE PIT LORD ATTACK KANRETHAD IN THE CORNER. Then CB/incin the 3rd felhunter one down.

About the time the 3rd one dies, Kanrethad will come sprinting out of the corner to do a cataclysm. IF YOU HAD YOUR PET ATTACK, IT WILL FOLLOW HIM and be in charge range when he starts to cast.

JUMP THROUGH THE GATEWAY, and charge/CB as normal.

Kanrethad then starts to summon the Doomguard. USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO DISMISS YOUR PIT LORD AND RE-ENSLAVE HIM. When the DG appears, have your pet attack the DG. Let him hit it twice, hit CTRL-3 for a FFB on the DG, then back to the boss. The DG will now be stuck to the boss. Jump through the gateway for good measure.

If CD's are up, dump them into the boss now.

Rinse and repeat. Use a Purification Potion if your DOOM debuff hits 2 minutes and you feel like everything is going well.

Things to remember: ALWAYS jump through your demonic gateway, CONSTANTLY use FFB self target to wipe your buffs. Use singe magic (from imp sac) if the breath is on cooldown. Use unbound will and soulshatter right before felhunters come out. PUT YOUR PET ON PASSIVE WHEN YOU FIRST ENSLAVE HIM.

I ended up somehow glitching the fight, so at the end I had the pitlord up with 2 doomguards on him. Had to spend the next 5 minutes killing both of them. Completed the quest and got the green fire with the pit lord still enslaved, and then just left the instance.

Just killed him (banished I guess) on my warlock and man do I have to say that was a hell of a fight. I hope they don't nerf this because I was screaming with excitement as I finally hit execute phase right as a cataclysm came up. Bravo Blizz.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Just killed him (banished I guess) on my warlock and man do I have to say that was a hell of a fight. I hope they don't nerf this because I was screaming with excitement as I finally hit execute phase right as a cataclysm came up. Bravo Blizz.
    The fight is nerfing it self already, better gear = easier fight, and in 5.4 you can probably destroy this fight on 1st try with some 5.4 LFR gear

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    The fight is nerfing it self already, better gear = easier fight, and in 5.4 you can probably destroy this fight on 1st try with some 5.4 LFR gear
    I don't know. You may be doing more dmg with better gear, but positioning is insanely important and its going to take some people awhile to learn the different summoning phases he has. My gear was at 487 when i beat, don't know if there is a recommended ilvl or not but still a tough fight nonetheless.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    I don't know. You may be doing more dmg with better gear, but positioning is insanely important and its going to take some people awhile to learn the different summoning phases he has. My gear was at 487 when i beat, don't know if there is a recommended ilvl or not but still a tough fight nonetheless.
    Watch Zinnins video, he is destroying this fight.. (ilvl 535 was it i think) it's a joke the boss is going down so fast there isn't any "positioning" you have to do. People will have around the same gear if not better with 5.4 LFR. 5.2 LFR gear is already 502 + 522 just from Shado-pan, oondasta and Nalak, you don't actually have to raid normal/hc to get good gear to make this fight trival.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-04-18 at 03:33 AM.

Deleted
    I will get better gear, will make it easier, I won't do anymore attempts at this item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I will get better gear, will make it easier, I won't do anymore attempts at this item level.
    After over 100 wipes (dog phase) I gave up too. But being lazy and with summer coming soon, I even stopped my sub to start again next x-pack at lvl95 or 100 to see Kantherad miss on me so that I can /lol at him ^^

I finally did it !!!!

I was just throwing myself at it continually today, zombie mode like. Then everything just went right, had to use purification pot though since i used the self heal from embers more as well as health-stones. Which took dps time away from the boss, I used it at the 2 minute mark.

The biggest tip I can give, which I found useful, is that the charge ability can be used for more than just Kanrethad. I had the pet attack the imps, charge them, then breath and rain of fire. If everything else is ok, use the eber regen to chaos bolt the boss.

Good luck everyone, sometimes just perserverance pays off, even if you don't feel like it right now, trust me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    I finally did it !!!!

I was just throwing myself at it continually today, zombie mode like. Then everything just went right, had to use purification pot though since i used the self heal from embers more as well as health-stones. Which took dps time away from the boss, I used it at the 2 minute mark.

The biggest tip I can give, which I found useful, is that the charge ability can be used for more than just Kanrethad. I had the pet attack the imps, charge them, then breath and rain of fire. If everything else is ok, use the eber regen to chaos bolt the boss.

Good luck everyone, sometimes just perserverance pays off, even if you don't feel like it right now, trust me.
    Gz!!!!!

I want it too. :< I will try it later with a higher item level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Gz!!!!!

I want it too. :< I will try it later with a higher item level.
    Yeah, same. I think it's very hard to do this with lower than 485 iLvL. There have been people that have done it but they didn't need to learn the fight in that iLvL (PTR, lock alts and another gearset comes to mind). I can get the mechanics right, even those dogs. They were my favourite warlock pet but after this, I hate them. In the end I get overrun and have to do so much that there is a small thing that will screw me up. Or I hit the enrage which is because not good timing of Chaos Bolts because I still have adds and debuffs and what not around when I have to stun him.

I think when I get better gear I can do everything calmer. I'll have time to get rid of the demons. Now the demons are the boss to me, later on, when I'm better geared adds will be threated as adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've still yet to have the damn book drop -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    I think you best "farm" at night for it if you can. I've got mine after the first rare elite kill in Isle of Giants on the beach with the jumping raptors yesterday. Killed him this night again so I guess people don't kill him that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    Hm, isn't it tradeable?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Hm, isn't it tradeable?
    I actually bought it of AH for 10k... not that much, considering time you waste chasing rares and waiting for a drop.

Same here, after 100 rare elite kills (even solo) no book ever dropped, I kid you not. So I bought mine on AH for 9000 gold.

For those having trouble with enrage, don't forget to bring purification pots. Use it when there's 2 minutes remaining on the doom timer, which is roughly just after 2nd felhunter phase. Clear your debuffs with breath or singe magic etc, then chug the pot. This will give you an additional 7 minutes to kill him, plenty of time to relax and kill him at leisure.