Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 86 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Yeah I spoke too soon. I won't be getting green fire. That boss is too beast, I give up.
    I agree, I understand it is doable, but I just can't manage all that is going on. I am sure if I wasted a lot of my life practicing I could get it but really? 2-3 hours just to change the color of my fire. yea... no. I would rather spend that time doing anything else like gearing up, working on achievements, cleaning my house, staring blankly at a wall.... I Will just wait til I can blast through him after I get better gear and can worry less about mechanics.

It just seems a bit much to deal with for a reward that is not equivalent to the work. People work just as hard on heroic raids and do you know what they get? Gear, achievements, other loot - crafteable items for example, progression through content, social interaction. This last fight is just the hardness of a heroic raid and you don't even get really any reward for it, you just turn green. Hulk does that shit when he gets angry and he didn't have to fight a bs cracked out warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrlend View Post
    I agree, I understand it is doable, but I just can't manage all that is going on. I am sure if I wasted a lot of my life practicing I could get it but really? 2-3 hours just to change the color of my fire. yea... no. I would rather spend that time doing anything else like gearing up, working on achievements, cleaning my house, staring blankly at a wall.... I Will just wait til I can blast through him after I get better gear and can worry less about mechanics.

It just seems a bit much to deal with for a reward that is not equivalent to the work. People work just as hard on heroic raids and do you know what they get? Gear, achievements, other loot - crafteable items for example, progression through content, social interaction. This last fight is just the hardness of a heroic raid and you don't even get really any reward for it, you just turn green. Hulk does that shit when he gets angry and he didn't have to fight a bs cracked out warlock.
    As others have mentioned - cosmetic rewards are way more valuable than gear (which will be outdated by next LFR), or titles (because nobody cares). I got 5 /w today telling me how cool my green fire was, so there's that.

I'm sorry you cannot get 24 other ppl to carry you through the quest, I understand it must be frustrating not standing in one place doing top DPS on the meters, here you actually have to manage the fight and if you fail - your fault.

What part of the fight is giving you trouble exactly? Contrary to what others have said you will not pass the fight if you just wipe enough, you need to understand why you made a mistake, same as with progression raiding.

So...has anyone gotten green fire, thought the questline was completely awesome...and then leveled an entirely new lock of a different race/faction just to get green fire again? I may or may not have done this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    Don't give in, keep throwing yourself at it. Persistance is key.
    Agreed.

I initially tried it in my full malevolent set and got nowhere so I gave up for a while and built a pve set out of t14 lfr stuff and it made a huge difference. Just got it a few minutes ago. Probably 15-20 wipes in total. Once you start getting him to the imps only phase, it's only a matter of time till you get it.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by robonixon View Post
    So...has anyone gotten green fire, thought the questline was completely awesome...and then leveled an entirely new lock of a different race/faction just to get green fire again? I may or may not have done this.
    Nope. Gave up already. Red fire just fine.

Deleted
    Got it on my warlock in 13 attempts - 494ilvl - just keep pushing until you are familiar with timings and you will kill Kanrethad with no problems!

Quote Originally Posted by crimzor View Post
    Got it on my warlock in 13 attempts - 494ilvl - just keep pushing until you are familiar with timings and you will kill Kanrethad with no problems!
    Finally got it. Now i gotta find a new xmog set :/

Got him to 4,6,8% last three attempts, dying to stupidity and tunnel vision I'll get it today or tomorrow I hope.

Deleted
    Kanrethad down I had got into a pattern of 1 maybe 2 flasks of attempts per day, usually wiping at 2nd felhunters or after second doomlord, often stupid wipes with pit lord dieing etc but just sort of going through the motions. Then, quite unexpectedly I notice he's sub-20% and I'm in good shape, pop full shields (inc. stoneform) and shadowburn waiting for the 2% wipe but instead he dies, so that's that then.

Quote Originally Posted by robonixon View Post
    You can go do the scenario again on the same lock.

Finally got it. Now i gotta find a new xmog set :/
    I guess you didn't like mine? :P

Doesnt look so good on an undead male
    Well, I mean, nothing looks good on an undead male. They're undead. lol

HEY! Thats Life-disabled to you pal!!

Sorry, but i just have to ask this - Kanrethad

First of all... Am I stupid?
    But I find this boss (Kanrethad) highly frustrating.
    No, not because it's too hard, i really like the challenge he provides, but damn... I have the feeling he's very inconsistent with his moves.
    You can tell when he's going for cataclysm or the summons and shit, that's cool. But some times his fel hunters CAN cast devour magic on my pit lord through the pillars, some times they can't, sometimes Kanrethad will cast chaos bolt on me, the other time he won't... Every time I think I got him, he turns the damn blade on me.

If he behaved the same every time i encounter him, I'm sure i could've killed him by now.
    But every time I'm like, "gotcha now!", he pulls some stupid deus ex machina bs that kills me instantly.

An example.
    I have him down to the point where he summons the dogs.
    I cast rain of fire on the portal they spawn from to instantly gain aggro.
    I teleport around the pillar, my pit lord CLEARLY out of sight for them. Then suddenly, when I killed the first dog and have the second one down to like, half of it's hp, either the pit lord moves in such a weird way, he runs into line of sight and gets dispelled or the dog suddenly decides it's time to turn around and run straight into kanrethad, dispelling my pit lord. And sometimes both of it doesn't happen and he just gets dispelled without me noticing anything at all.

I understand the tactics involved, and if i died thanks to the enrage timer or me being too stupid I'd be like... well, maybe when they decide to nerf him one day I'll get my green fire, but when I keep dieing to random stuff like that, that's when the shit hits the fan...

Just my 2 cents
    You may flame me now
    Last edited by Harthmut; 2013-04-25 at 08:46 PM.

I had the same problem. I ended up putting the pit lord face to the wall inbetween two pillars past the right side of the gate, and i would bring the felpuppies to the left side, then around another pillar on the left side to fight them so i had all that LoS between the pit lord and the puppies. make a macro to have the pit lord target ken and charge him so that you can pound it if he starts to cast cata (i had to hit it several times because sometimes he has trouble getting out of those two pillars quickly).

Also, one thing you may be having is that the enslave demon timer wears out at about exactly the same time as the second felpuppies spawn, so you might be forgetting that you need to also have a dismiss pet macro to break the enslave, followed by a reenslave, usually right after the cata after the second imp wave.

I was having issues with the fel hounds when I got started on the encounter, forgetting that the hounds don't come out until shortly before the enslave timer wears off. You have to renew the enslave before the fel hounds come out, or it will wear off while you're working on them. The opportune time is during a summon, but not during the fel hound summon unless you're feeling especially daring.

I found it helpful to renew during an Imp summon. When the fel hounds come out, I had the pit lord parked behind a pillar. Kanrethad would follow the pit lord around the pillar, which left me safely out of sight to work on the fel hounds alone. Use a petattack macro to keep the pitlord working on Kanrethad while you're working on hounds.

Also note: Chaos Bolt is typically only cast on you when you're above the pitlord in threat. Using a demon gate on cooldown helps keep you below the pitlord at all times, potentially eliminating Chaos Bolt as a threat entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    I was having issues with the fel hounds when I got started on the encounter, forgetting that the hounds don't come out until shortly before the enslave timer wears off. You have to renew the enslave before the fel hounds come out, or it will wear off while you're working on them. The opportune time is during a summon, but not during the fel hound summon unless you're feeling especially daring.
    I spent about 4 hours trying to adjust my pit lord because I thought that the felhunters were dispelling it but I then realized that it was because the enslave demon timer wore out lol...then I got it right away /facepalm.

Never assume you know what he'll do next and be ready for everything. If you're assuming he's not going to Chaos Bolt you, he will. Play like you need to LoS every single Chaos Bolt even if you might not need to.