Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 94 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Was a lot of fun, especially at a lower gear level. I don't think I could of did it in the 7 mins it requires of you, took me like 11.

I wish they would do more things like this, difficult content outside of heroic raids.

I know they are out there so I figured I'd just ask.

Is there an addon that will provide timers for the Pit Lords CDs?
    I have OmniCC but it doesn't track them at all.

My only problem has been transitioning from felhunters and I lose control of the Pit Lord but not from a Devour Magic (I don't get the message it broadcasts)

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticed that I can still choose to fight the guy here so long after I've gotten green fire. Thinking of recording it for youtube. Has anyone else attempted it with a 522+ ilvl? I was under 500 when I got it, so hopefully the friendly rematch won't be as grueling. Also considering using Demo + UVLS to fight Imps with Imps

Is it possible to do it on my ilv?
    Tried him like 4-9 times after i got the book (76 kills-.-, 490 ilv got him to 40%)
    should i try again?
    Really want the green fire but i dont want to destroy my computer like this (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Heres a link to my armory *im a lfr scrub so what?*http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teritus/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanrethad Ebonlocke View Post
    Is it possible to do it on my ilv?
    Tried him like 4-9 times after i got the book (76 kills-.-, 490 ilv got him to 40%)
    should i try again?
    Really want the green fire but i dont want to destroy my computer like this (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Heres a link to my armory *im a lfr scrub so what?*http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teritus/simple
    It has been done at ilvl 468 so its possible. More of an strategy fight then a gear-check. There is an video on youtube where he has ilvl 468, check that out and use his strategy. Pick up purification potion and pre-pot int, use all the buffs you could get and make sure all gems and enchants are in place to help the fight beeing easier

Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    It has been done at ilvl 468 so its possible. More of an strategy fight then a gear-check. There is an video on youtube where he has ilvl 468, check that out and use his strategy. Pick up purification potion and pre-pot int, use all the buffs you could get and make sure all gems and enchants are in place to help the fight beeing easier
    I've read the tacts 100 times:/ but executing them is the hard part
    So much to do, cant do anything right
    And the repair costs.... ouch!

True, but with higher ilvl there are bigger room for mistakes and sloppy execution.

At ilvl 515 i killed him in just over 5 mins with minor mistakes along the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    True, but with higher ilvl there are bigger room for mistakes and sloppy execution.

At ilvl 515 i killed him in just over 5 mins with minor mistakes along the way.
    OFC its easier with higher ilvl, everything in WoW is. He asked if he could do it in ilvl 490 and it can be done but with lesser dps and smaller healthpools its harder. Its all about learning the fight and execute it properly rather than "-You got to have ilvl 510 to achieve it" because thats totally wrong. Redo the fight over and over, put in more addons to help out. DBM has one for this fight. If your not to eager to get green fire then you should gear up more and try again later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahuran View Post
    Noticed that I can still choose to fight the guy here so long after I've gotten green fire. Thinking of recording it for youtube. Has anyone else attempted it with a 522+ ilvl? I was under 500 when I got it, so hopefully the friendly rematch won't be as grueling. Also considering using Demo + UVLS to fight Imps with Imps
    On a whim I went in just now and answered my own question. Nearly one shot him with 527 ilvl as Demo, and this was with countless wipe-worthy mistakes that would have ended me the first go-around. Flasked up for round 2 and wrecked his face with a fair number of mistakes, but marginally better control.

Granted, it helped that all of my old macros existed and functioned (not to mention reflexes from the first time), as well as the new DBM warnings making the alerts trivial.
    Last edited by Vinavi; 2013-06-04 at 10:16 AM.

OFC its easier with higher ilvl, everything in WoW is. He asked if he could do it in ilvl 490 and it can be done but with lesser dps and smaller healthpools its harder. Its all about learning the fight and execute it properly rather than "-You got to have ilvl 510 to achieve it" because thats totally wrong. Redo the fight over and over, put in more addons to help out. DBM has one for this fight. If your not to eager to get green fire then you should gear up more and try again later.
    That was not the intention of my post.

But to rather go after what he asked from own experiences.
    I found when i was struggeling, it was always the fel hunter phase that got me. Once i got the hang of paking my Pit Lord, the rest was "easy" - even though i lost a good 5-10 sec of dps time to get my Pit Lord out of the way fast enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanrethad Ebonlocke View Post
    I've read the tacts 100 times:/ but executing them is the hard part
    So much to do, cant do anything right
    And the repair costs.... ouch!
    What is your biggest problem in the encounter? Give us more info so we can help you

Keeping an eye on the dots, always forget to dispell them

Deleted
    Get TMW and make big icons for the dots so you get a better visual if them or the other addon everyone uses except me and make it alert when you should dispell it. Pickup the DBM for this fight, it might alert the dispell not sure though

My problem was the Chaos Bolts. I was humping the Gateway and Soul Shattering every time. He didn't go after me during any felhunter phases but any other time he would always launch the chaos bolt at me regardless of aggro, just hitting a gate, SSing or anything.

My 2nd to last attempt ended like this:

-Runs to summon imp swarm
    -I hit the gate and get into position between him and the gate
    -RoF > FnB:Immo> Pit Lord Fel Flame... i go to repeat that (with a shadowfury for good measure) I got shot in the back with a Chaos Bolt...

Edit: ilvl is 493.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 05:26 PM ----------

ALSO. Another protip that helped me out a lot.
    Most of the videos I've seen, if you look at the big circle in the middle of the floor like a clock.

12 o'clock being directly at Kanrethad's Portal then 6 being where you stand to drop your portal.

I've found it makes things a LOT easier if you put the portals at 10 and 4.
    10 being close to the cubby you can use to LoS Chaos Bolts if need be and 4 giving you a clear PoV for the spot where you hide your Pit Lord.

Going through business as usual, humping the gateways etc etc I just found that this puts portals more in line with where you need to be and keeps them from getting RoF'd on.

4 o'clock sets you up for the Imp Phase and moving your Pit Lord to his cubby and then as soon as you send him on his way before the felhunters pop out you hit the gate and you're in position to drop your own RoF and collect the Felhunters while being out of LoS to the Pit Lord.

The big thing to remember is when you get ready to DPS the felhunters DO NOT MOVE. I found out that moving is just setting you up to accidentally get your Pit Lord unslaved.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
    I know they are out there so I figured I'd just ask.

Is there an addon that will provide timers for the Pit Lords CDs?
    I have OmniCC but it doesn't track them at all.

My only problem has been transitioning from felhunters and I lose control of the Pit Lord but not from a Devour Magic (I don't get the message it broadcasts)
    I used weak auras, it's really nice and super customizable. I just put a big red bar on the left of my screen that tracked enslave demon and another bar for curse of ultimate doom.

So I'm thinking about going back to this scenario and trying to beat it as a demo lock.

Anyone have any tips?

I've only beat him in destruction (at 500 ilvl)

10+ Year Old Account
    why is my pit lord randomly coming loose during the first felhunter phase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    why is my pit lord randomly coming loose during the first felhunter phase
    you have to move the pit lord away from the felhunters pref out of LoS. they dispel the enslaved buff on him.

this fight is seriously making me, a grown up engineer full of body hair, cry like a little girl.

it's not a pretty scene.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    this fight is seriously making me, a grown up engineer full of body hair, cry like a little girl.

it's not a pretty scene.
    I pictured my old Digital Electronics/Computer Interface professor (Doctorate in EE) crying like a little girl when I read this, t'was funny. Following that I was blessed with the image of one of my friend's statics and dynamics professor (who looks a lot like Kepler) crying like a little girl, which was hilarious. I'm 12 attempts in and finding this boss difficult myself, hoping that once I push past the 470 ilvl, with slightly more optimized stats (crit/hit items with crit reforged to things like mastery or haste kinda sucks) I'll fair better on the burst sections required by the demon waves.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?