Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So after 3 hours of getting my ass kicked by the last guy, I have given up. That last guy is bout fucking impossible.

I DID IT! I GOT KANRETHAD DOWN!

and I'm a clicker. if I did it, you can do it too!

EDIT: I'm ilvl 500, but I came to the conclusion that ilvl is not really important (unless you don't have a purification potion). there's PLENTY of time to get him down with a semi-lousy rotation. my first doom was running out (10 secs remaining) when his HP was at 25% and I was already past doomguard phase 2.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-06-11 at 03:25 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is one thing that Kanrethad has taught us about dps, it is that, yes, sixty imps is indeed better than two. /UVLS GO GO

Just wanted to say thanks to Ackthal and his guide I got my green fire in only 8 tries! It made the fight much easier to do without having to worry about the chaos bolts.

Deleted
    I did it yesterday with 495 iLevel. Honestly the fight was pretty simple and I didn't need a Potion of Purification. As long as the boss is aggro'ed to your pet then you get no Chaos Bolts cast onto you at all. Just make sure you use gateway to remove threat. Imps die in seconds with Fel Breath and RoF + Immolate (Fire and Brimstone). Fel-hunters are simple I didn't even bother saving burning embers for them as they still died before the boss did cataclysm. I used soulshatter to remove aggro from the boss before they spawned too. I didn't bother CCing the two big mobs when they spawned just had pitlord tank them.

I wish Blizzard would scale the gear for this encounter so everyone who wants green fire has to work for it rather than EZ mode it in a few patches time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better down him before the 5.4 nerf guys. It will make it even harder

10+ Year Old Account
    Jubeka: So, what do you do in your spare time WarlockJack?
    WarlockJack: Kanrethad.
    Jubeka: Kan- yeah, what do you do there?
    WarlockJack: I sit in a circle and I dps a green guy for the green fire quest.
    Jubeka: What's that?
    WarlockJack: Well see, they wrote all these quests to get green fire, and, uh, to make people feel special, they used a mechanic that screws you every chance it gets. So, like, instead of doing it 9 times, instead you'll be doing it 98 times. Uh, so I go through these thousands of phases and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my quest, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
    Jubeka: You're just not gonna go?
    WarlockJack: Yeah.
    Jubeka: Won't you miss out on Green Fire?
    WarlockJack: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
    Jubeka: So you're gonna quit the quest?
    WarlockJack: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh, I'm just gonna stop going.
    Jubeka: When did you decide all that?
    WarlockJack: About an hour ago.
    Jubeka: Oh, really? About an hour ago... so you're gonna get another quest?
    WarlockJack: I don't think I'd like another quest.
    Jubeka: Well, what are you going to do about gold and repair bills and...
    WarlockJack: You know, I've never really liked paying repair bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.
    Jubeka: Well, so what do you wanna do?
    WarlockJack: I wanna take you out for some int food, and then I wanna go back to the shrine and watch the pandas do Kung Fu. Do you ever watch Pandas do Kung Fu?
    Jubeka: [surprised] I love Panda Kung Fu.
    WarlockJack: Shado-Pan Monastery.
    Jubeka: Totally.
    WarlockJack: You should come over and watch Panda Kung Fu tonight.
    Jubeka: Okay, Okay, can we order some int food first? Okay?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wiped few times around 30% before I went to bed but defo gonna finish this tomorrow.

What was bugging me tho was : on every single try when I'm dealing with 2nd wave of Fel hunters my Pit lord comes from the shelter and Enslave gets removed...

I've done everything by the book , dropped threat , positioned him so he's out of LoS and what not but still it happened every time for 2nd Fel hunters spawn.
    First one is flawless , no problems what so ever.

Anyone got idea what could it be?

Other then that , it's great quest line overall , wish they bring more stuff like this to other classes as well.
    Fight itself isn't that complicated , especially with all those tips people are providing here.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Wiped few times around 30% before I went to bed but defo gonna finish this tomorrow.

What was bugging me tho was : on every single try when I'm dealing with 2nd wave of Fel hunters my Pit lord comes from the shelter and Enslave gets removed...

I've done everything by the book , dropped threat , positioned him so he's out of LoS and what not but still it happened every time for 2nd Fel hunters spawn.

Other then that , it's great quest line overall , wish they bring more stuff like this to other classes as well.
    Fight itself isn't that complicated , especially with all those tips people are providing here.
    I found the easiest way of handling the Pit Lord was to not hide him away but to use a tactic demonstrated in another video linked somewhere in this thread that I reposted for someone else.

The felhunters only break enslave if they face him. If you drop rain of fire on the portal and stand in a direction so they aren't facing him after coming out, the enslave doesn't break. If you drop your enslave manually and recast it while Kanrethad is summoning a Doom Guard or whatnot, you don't have to worry about the timer.

I posted a link to the Youtube video guide in the other thread asking for help with green fire. I totally recommend looking at it. After following the instructions I completed it the same night, ilvl 479. If you check my post history you should be able to find it.

I also recommend taking Soul Link with Demon Sac. It gives you a massive extra health buffer that helps if you are undergeared.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAxius View Post
    I found the easiest way of handling the Pit Lord was to not hide him away but to use a tactic demonstrated in another video linked somewhere in this thread that I reposted for someone else.

The felhunters only break enslave if they face him. If you drop rain of fire on the portal and stand in a direction so they aren't facing him after coming out, the enslave doesn't break. If you drop your enslave manually and recast it while Kanrethad is summoning a Doom Guard or whatnot, you don't have to worry about the timer.

I posted a link to the Youtube video guide in the other thread asking for help with green fire. I totally recommend looking at it. After following the instructions I completed it the same night, ilvl 479. If you check my post history you should be able to find it.

I also recommend taking Soul Link with Demon Sac. It gives you a massive extra health buffer that helps if you are undergeared.
    First of all , cheers for the reply mate .

Maybe I wasn't specific enough with my previous post : Breaking enslave didn't happen cus I've forgot to re-enslave him during the fight or I didn't position myself properly with obvious RoF on portal for initial threat , the issue is that Pit Lord itself is rushing toward me from that corner where I put him before Fel hunters spawn , and no I didn't press any of the macroes or pet attack keybinds ...hence i was confused since it always happened for 2nd wave of Fel pups.

1st one was flawless without any issues, and in general it's not hard to deal with other mechanics as well .

Gonna try it again after work and will let you know if issue still persists.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

After completing the quest tonight (about 25 attempts + research from here) I dont know why there was so much discussion and fuss over Line of Sight and Felhunter Devours. Both are pretty largely irrelevant and trivial parts of the fight with very simple management. Why was there all that discussion and fuss over them?

- Simply use demon gateway (aka the debuff) to eliminate all chaos bolts. LOS not relevant, he simply wont cast chaos bolts while you have the debuff. Even if you forget to take the gateway once or twice in the fight and a Chaos popts through, you have 2-3 cd to let you survive anyway.
    - Felhunters: Simply make sure they never face the pit lord at all (within their full frontal 180 degree angle). LOS is not relevant! (I ctrl+3 move the pitlord to the right of portal to Stay still - while I run to the left and bring the felhunters with me. The pitlord is still in LOS of them, but their frontal 180 degree arc is wholly facing me)

Thats my advice to people doing this, ignore everyone elses advice about the importance of LOS and ways to handle/manage it - you dont need to worry about that shit! You can, of course, but you are basically making a mountain out of a molehill just for the sake of it!

After a few attempts to get used to the felhunter/pit lord positioning dance, the rest of the fight simply is about you handling a bunch of mechanics and simply not forgetting to use X at the appropriate time.

The fight takes getting used to - not because its necessarily hard - but because it simply takes practise and repetition until everything becomes muscle memory to do at the right time.

The biggest problem I had with my warlock (an alt who just hit 90 this week - so im still new to the class) was not knowing how to use Havoc to DPS kill the felhunters efficiently enough. LOS/Devour was never the issue.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-06-14 at 04:51 PM.

after doing this for the past week and getting him to 15-20%, i've concluded this just isn't worth it. It's not at all fun to wipe for days and days.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    after doing this for the past week and getting him to 15-20%, i've concluded this just isn't worth it. It's not at all fun to wipe for days and days.
    Take a step back, do some other stuff in game, grab some more gears, and come back to it -- and don't bang your head against it for hours and hours for days. Do a few attempts, and if you don't get it, come back to it in another couple days.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    look, if you're getting him to 20%, that means you're almost there. that last bit is just imps, and you gotta have dominated imps by now. I suggest you carry and use those purification potions to increase the enrage timer, so dps is not a concern. than, just relax, and never rush. don't immolate and rain of fire the imps just to spam shadowburn on kanrethad, just kill the imps like you did on phase 1. keep killing them, than hitting kanrethad, killing them, than hitting kanrethad. eventually he'll die.

when I tried and started getting him to 20% and dying, I noticed that what was killing me was the fact that I was trying to burn him AFAP and leaving the imps there, and they were bitchslapping me. don't do that and you'll be fine.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they ever fix the whole "I cant do the black temple raid" because I'm doing or have done the green fire quest" problem yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    Did they ever fix the whole "I cant do the black temple raid" because I'm doing or have done the green fire quest" problem yet?
    I've heard from folks in my guild that they have, but I haven't tested it out myself
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post

Enslave Demon has a five minute duration. The second felhunter phase is five minutes into the fight.

This time I had the fight go past both doomlord phases and 3 waves of imps before my pit lord broke enslave and killed me. I'm thinking I just don't have the dps to do this reasonably. I haven't seen any other warlock have to enslave the pitlord 3+ times.

God knows I've mastered the mechanics of the fight seeing I always get to that same part.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Better down him before the 5.4 nerf guys. It will make it even harder
    So what is changing in 5.4 regarding the green fire quest. I did a quick google search and didn't find anything.

They are nerfing our absord/shield capability. We are too much survivable as is.

Edit: Also they are nerfing KJF, that might complicate the fight even more.
    Last edited by Lysakers; 2013-06-17 at 04:16 PM.