Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 97 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    They are nerfing our absord/shield capability. We are too much survivable as is.

Edit: Also they are nerfing KJF, that might complicate the fight even more.
    This. yea cooldown on kil jaedens cunning will make it even worse

also congrats on your kill pr

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    So what is changing in 5.4 regarding the green fire quest. I did a quick google search and didn't find anything.
    warlock fighting while moving capacity is being nerfed. kil'jaeden's cunning is no longer a passive, but a CD. that should make the fight much harder, since it's a heavy movement fight.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    warlock fighting while moving capacity is being nerfed. kil'jaeden's cunning is no longer a passive, but a CD. that should make the fight much harder, since it's a heavy movement fight.
    I actually did it with mannoroths fury so it should still be doable. In fact..it should be MORE doable in 5.4 considering mannoroths fury increases RoF and Aoe Damage by 100% when used and only has a 60 second cooldown. So it can be up for Every imp phase.

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    why is my pit lord randomly coming loose during the first felhunter phase
    You need to move the Pit-Lord far away before the Felhunter phase, kill the Felhunters, then re-charm.

It's crazy how easy this fight is once it clicks in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fight always seems to go so much slower when I'm watching a YouTube video of someone else doing it. Whenever I'm actually trying to do the fight myself, it's like the entire thing is going by at lightning speed and there's no time to react to anything, my HP just melts whereas even players with worse gear doing vids appear more sturdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    The fight always seems to go so much slower when I'm watching a YouTube video of someone else doing it. Whenever I'm actually trying to do the fight myself, it's like the entire thing is going by at lightning speed and there's no time to react to anything, my HP just melts whereas even players with worse gear doing vids appear more sturdy.
    If you are taking that much damage then honestly you are doing something wrong. The only time I took much damage was during the imp phase if I pulled to much aggro, but at the point you should have so many incoming embers you will be invincible with the amount of ember taps you can spam if you get caught.
    Just keep going through your gates on CD, you will never get hit by a chaos bolt, use breath on CD to remove DOT's and singe magic if you are in a bad position and cannot get to into range before it expires and you get an imp or void.
    Just keep doing it over and over and the fight will feel more and more controlled with a lot less ZOMG WHATS HAPPENING!!!! Once you get to that point and you can do every mechanic without even thinking about it start really focusing on DPSing Ken at as much as possible and you will score your kill.
    It got to the point for me where I was so focused on the mechanics that I could get through every phase with ease and would eventually just die due the fight lasting so long on the final stage when only imps spawn and I would just get caught to something silly. If you master the imp phase you can use it to spam massive amounts of chaos bolts into Ken, and in the final stages massive amounts of shadow burns, this really is key to getting the DPS to kill him and not drag the fight out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghiroza View Post
    If you are taking that much damage then honestly you are doing something wrong. The only time I took much damage was during the imp phase if I pulled to much aggro, but at the point you should have so many incoming embers you will be invincible with the amount of ember taps you can spam if you get caught.
    Just keep going through your gates on CD, you will never get hit by a chaos bolt, use breath on CD to remove DOT's and singe magic if you are in a bad position and cannot get to into range before it expires and you get an imp or void.
    Just keep doing it over and over and the fight will feel more and more controlled with a lot less ZOMG WHATS HAPPENING!!!! Once you get to that point and you can do every mechanic without even thinking about it start really focusing on DPSing Ken at as much as possible and you will score your kill.
    It got to the point for me where I was so focused on the mechanics that I could get through every phase with ease and would eventually just die due the fight lasting so long on the final stage when only imps spawn and I would just get caught to something silly. If you master the imp phase you can use it to spam massive amounts of chaos bolts into Ken, and in the final stages massive amounts of shadow burns, this really is key to getting the DPS to kill him and not drag the fight out.
    I do keep jumping through gateways as often as possible. I downloaded a mod (TellMeWhen) to help me keep track of timers on things, such as summon waves, Cataclysm, Chaos Bolt, Enslave Demon and my gateway cooldown. I try to use the Pit Lord's heal and breath as often as possible to heal up and wipe debuffs. I understand that I'm probably doing something wrong, but telling me so isn't really helpful in the slightest.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tfizzle/simple This is my character, the second talent spec is the one I use for the fight (kept it separate so I could continue to do other stuff in between attempts). Tell me, what am I doing wrong?

Edit: I should clarify, the part where I keep dying is the Felhunter phase. I can get the Pit Lord away without any problems, the felhunters no longer eat Enslave Demon, but I can't burn them down fast enough, so either the three of them chomping away at me kills me, or I do get at least two of them down but by the time I do Kanrethad's already onto Cataclysm and my Pit Lord is too far away to Charge him to interrupt it, and I die anyway.
    Last edited by Tydrane; 2013-06-18 at 12:36 PM.
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    after doing this for the past week and getting him to 15-20%, i've concluded this just isn't worth it. It's not at all fun to wipe for days and days.
    if you're getting him down to 15-20% then he should die within seconds of hitting 19% due to shadowburn spam...

I do keep jumping through gateways as often as possible. I downloaded a mod (TellMeWhen) to help me keep track of timers on things, such as summon waves, Cataclysm, Chaos Bolt, Enslave Demon and my gateway cooldown. I try to use the Pit Lord's heal and breath as often as possible to heal up and wipe debuffs. I understand that I'm probably doing something wrong, but telling me so isn't really helpful in the slightest.

This is my character, the second talent spec is the one I use for the fight (kept it separate so I could continue to do other stuff in between attempts). Tell me, what am I doing wrong?
    In that case when are you taking all the damage? Which phase of the fight and what is your current strategy on that phase?

Edit: I should clarify, the part where I keep dying is the Felhunter phase. I can get the Pit Lord away without any problems, the felhunters no longer eat Enslave Demon, but I can't burn them down fast enough, so either the three of them chomping away at me kills me, or I do get at least two of them down but by the time I do Kanrethad's already onto Cataclysm and my Pit Lord is too far away to Charge him to interrupt it, and I die anyway.
    What? Why is your pit lord 'too far' from the boss to interrupt the cataclysm? While you're fighting the felhunters, just soulshatter and put the pit lord on the boss so he can interrupt Cataclysm (even while you're finishing the remaining felhunters).

Remember you dont need to worry about any LOS bullshit, just make sure the pit lord (and boss) are not within the frontal 180 degree cone of the felhunters while you fight them. You dont need to have the pit lord off somewhere so far he cant interrupt the cataclysm during that phase.

In that phase I usuallly run off so far with the felhunters that my demonic portal despawns, while the pit lord+boss are fighting way on the other side of the platform. You still interrupt cataclysm instantly.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-06-18 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghiroza: I feel like I'm taking more damage than I should all throughout the fight. I watched a few videos, one suggested that the best way to deal with the imps was to stand where they spawn, RoF, Shadowfury, FnB+Immolate, then Fel Flame Breath, which usually takes out all the imps. Still, I'll need to use a Demonic Siphon and maybe an Ember Tap or two during this. When the Felhunters come along, they just tear my HP down too fast, which I admit does cause me to panic a bit and lose focus on what I'm doing, especially when I can't use the Demonic Siphon heal.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    What? Why is your pit lord 'too far' from the boss to interrupt the cataclysm? While you're fighting the felhunters, just soulshatter and put the pit lord on the boss so he can interrupt Cataclysm (even while you're finishing the remaining felhunters).

Remember you dont need to worry about any LOS bullshit, just make sure the pit lord (and boss) are not within the frontal 180 degree cone of the felhunters while you fight them. You dont need to have the pit lord off somewhere so far he cant interrupt the cataclysm during that phase.

In that phase I usuallly run off so far with the felhunters that my demonic portal despawns, while the pit lord+boss are fighting way on the other side of the platform. You still interrupt cataclysm instantly.
    If you're standing facing the portal, I send the Pit Lord to the right, behind that bit of wall that juts out. I did this because after watching a bunch of videos and not doing it this way, the felhunters kept dispelling Enslave Demon. Is the range of Devour Enslavement really only 180 degrees? I read somewhere that it was like, 230.

Ok on that phase make sure you have 40 embers saved up going into it, also make sure the boss is set to focus and you have pet attack keybound. Just prior to him summoning them send the pit lord behind the pillar next to the portal to the left or right, run to your gate, go through it and then use soul shatter and drop ROF on the portal, go to the opposite side to your pitlord and insure you are facing in the pitlords direction so the felhunters never face the pitlord. Also you singe magic to remove any DOT's you may have picked up.
    Ken will then run round the corner to your pitlord and the felhunters will come straight to you as they spawn and hit the Rof. Havoc, chaos bolt and empty your 4 saved chaos bolts into the first two, if you are at max range when they spawn the first should be dead before it reaches you and the second should be very close to dead, finish him and then finish the third. Use CD's here if needed to minimise damage and also your HS if you get a little low.
    As you will be facing your pit lord, and therefore Ken as he will be stood there to, you will be able to see when Ken starts to run to the centre of the room to cast cata, click your your Ken focus frame and hit your pet attack keybind, your pit lord will then start to follow Ken to the centre of the room and will therefore be well in range of him when he reaches the centre and starts casts cata. If the last Felhunter is still up it won't matter as he will be facing you and should be very close to death. Finish the third off then get straight to your portal and through it to avoid a chaos bolt.

If you're standing facing the portal, I send the Pit Lord to the right, behind that bit of wall that juts out. I did this because after watching a bunch of videos and not doing it this way, the felhunters kept dispelling Enslave Demon. Is the range of Devour Enslavement really only 180 degrees? I read somewhere that it was like, 230.
    As felhunter stage starts, first soulshatter (so the boss will go to the pit lord after hes finished summoning). Then I Ctrl+3 send the pit lord to the right of the portal. No los or behind a wall or anything - just send him to the middle of the platform to the right of the portal . And I drop ROF on the spawn point and run (with the felhunters coming) to the left.

Then Ctrl+1 put the pitlord onto the boss (and interrupt cataclysm when appropriate). Devour is never a problem, despite the pitlord fighting the boss directly in LOS of me fighting the felhunters. me-felhunter------------boss-pitlord. Whether the frontal cone for devour is 180 or 230 degress honestly makes no difference - because the pit lord is directly behind the felhunters anyway.

"LOS" has nothing to do with it, so id stop trying to stress over getting into los. It just causes people to have more problems.

Make sure you have the boss as your /focus target to easily select/interrupt Cataclysm with the pitlord (as you might still be quite far away fighting felhunters by then).
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-06-18 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try your suggestions out and let you know how I went.

(Sorry if I come off a little belligerent, I really do appreciate people willing to help and give advice, I'm more frustrated at this quest and boss than anything else. It was really, really fun up to this point, but I guess I just don't subscribe to the kind of gameplay that this boss entails, but I do want to beat it without having to wait until the next expansion.)

Ghiroza: I feel like I'm taking more damage than I should all throughout the fight. I watched a few videos, one suggested that the best way to deal with the imps was to stand where they spawn, RoF, Shadowfury, FnB+Immolate, then Fel Flame Breath, which usually takes out all the imps. Still, I'll need to use a Demonic Siphon and maybe an Ember Tap or two during this. When the Felhunters come along, they just tear my HP down too fast, which I admit does cause me to panic a bit and lose focus on what I'm doing, especially when I can't use the Demonic Siphon heal.
    For the Imps best way I found was to fnb imo, shadowfury, rof, breath, then go straight through your portal, this will massively limit your damage, as if you are quick the imps will just be coming off of stun as you go through the portal and it will let imo and rof tick over a few times so the imps will be close to death or dead. Then run back into them, breath will be off of cd, so use that again and rof to finish.
    Once you master this use the massive ember generation you get from the imo and rof ticks to spam some chaos bolts into Ken, and if need a few ember taps, but you should only take a little damage if you follow the above. However remember to keep enough embers around the 20ish mark that you can generate enough to have 40 saved up for when the fel hunters spawn.

Two biggest things I learnt actually doing this fight myself (as opposed to just reading about it or watching vids):

1 - LOS is not needed or important to the fight AT ALL. It just unnecessarily complicates the fight. (Use demon portal debuff for CB and simple positioning for felhunters).
    2 - Efficiency killing felhunters is key (IE Saving all CD for them, Having a few embers saved for them ready, using havoc correctly). I was new to warlock with my alt so I wasnt using Havoc correctly, which was all it took to make the phase trivial for me.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-06-18 at 01:09 PM.

I had numerous occasions where the felhunters would run through my rof straight to my pit lord if they so much as saw his tail. I would hit them with a chaos bolt and they would still not drop aggro on him. I would agree with you if it was not for the buggy nature of this fight.
    Honestly any one can do this fight, this warlock is my first every caster or ranged dps and I did it a few weeks after hitting 90 on him. All it takes is repetition to learn it and beat it. Just stick at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks again for the tips, I haven't managed to beat the fight yet but I got a fair bit closer on my last attempt. I got all 3 felhunters down with much less trouble, and kept the Pit Lord on Kanrethad and in range to Charge the Cataclysm. Unfortunately, I still had one felhunter up when he started to summon the Doomguard, so I totally lost my window to dismiss/re-enslave the Pit Lord, and due to my low hit rating it cancelled early during the second imp phase, so I was pretty easily wasted. Getting a better handle on the mechanics has definitely helped, but it would be nice if those felhunters' HP scaled with ilvl, since I can't use the Pit Lord to supplant my DPS.

I'm thinking that perhaps waiting until 5.4 might be helpful, because I'll have higher ilvl PvP gear, but the change to Kil'jaeden's Cunning will mean I'll probably have to drop that talent and maybe take Archimonde's Vengeance (which wouldn't really be that bad, I just can't get the whole casting and moving thing down, I never will).