Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

When did they make the hellfire ground effect so that only you can see it? Someone today was like "why is your hellfire different looking" ..Thought I was being trolled until another lock came and tested it. Can only see the pulse on someone else
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    When did they make the hellfire ground effect so that only you can see it? Someone today was like "why is your hellfire different looking" ..Thought I was being trolled until another lock came and tested it. Can only see the pulse on someone else

Because it is, and has been a MASSIVE graphical issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Because it is, and has been a MASSIVE graphical issue.
    i didn't ask why, i asked when
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wiping for a bit watching some not very helpful guides till I found this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRzQAnT0CE

After that video I got the last boss down in after very few attempts, pre-2nd Doomlord, 512 ilvl

-quick summary-

enslave macro for pitlord
    wave 1 - imps - sic your pet on them charge->breath + rain of fire only, full dps on boss, didn't need fire and brimstone, pitlord killed them + rof
    wave 2 - felhunters - move pet in corner ASAP, havoc add 1, conflag add 1, chaos bolt add 2, chaos bolt add 3 and mid cast - pet charge>breath>dead, very ez way to do it
    wave 3 - doomlord - while hes casting it, dismiss/re-enslave pitlord, sic your pitlord on the doomlord to get agro, then put him back on boss (less time banishing)
    wave 4 - imps - same as wave 1
    wave 5 - felhunters - same as wave 2, again MOVE PET ASAP if you can do this plus the lil dps rotation it makes it very simple
    wave 6 - doomlord - your pet would pick up that add also

good cataclysm thing - no dots -> charge stun boss mid cataclysm cast while your first chaos bolt already casting, cast 2nd one.. got like 900k crits on that pretty sick, pretty big contributor to why the boss fell over I think

dispel dots on cd, gateway on cd (glyph helps), need glyph of enslave too

I'm sure all of this has been repeated 5 million times in some fashion but the video seemed very good only 1k views and I thought I would share it with a quick explanation.
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-06-20 at 06:29 AM.

I finally did it last night right before I went to bed. I had been trying for hours and hours and I had read all the tips I possibly could. After a while, the felhunters were cake. Where I started to struggle was keeping the Pit Lord enslaved while the Doom Lords were out and 60 imps were flying at you over and over. I think at that point it was mostly balls to the wall the whole time and I was clicking crap like crazy once he got less than 20%. I was spamming embers and defensives like crazy right at the end and I thought I had died when he picked me up. I was so confused and half angry then I realized I beat it and I have to say this was one of the most rewarding things i've done in WoW. It must be because it was essentially a hard raid encounter where you had to rely on your own skills. Loved it.

Things that made the incredibly easy FOR ME. Did this with 469 ilvl FULL pvp gear/greens

Grab a purification potion from Auction house. You are to use it right before the 10minute debuff the boss puts on you is about to expire. I used the potion at about 10 seconds left on the debuff

Fel imp phase -> Stand a little behind the pit lords tail. The imps will try to get to you and stand max range for fireballs, so they will be standing directly in pitlords fire every time. 2 pitlord fire breathes and a couple aoe incinerates and theyre gone. keep rain of fire up. If they are really laying into you, remember to use pit lord heal and your 10% heal move that costs an inferno shard. you will be getting shards constantly due to Rain of fire.

Fel hunter phase -> Save at least 2 inferno crystals. Send your pit lord to the side of the big green portal and rain of fire 3 times where the fel hunters come out while standing on the other side of the portal.. Havoc the first fel hunter, target the second. Start casting chaos bolt on the 2nd. Half way through the cast use pitlords charge then fire breathe on the 3 hunters. It aoe stuns the fel hunters and makes them take more damage. Chaos bolt will 1 shot the 2 fel hunters. incinerate conflag the other one down and get ready to either LOS a chaos bolt, or charge the bosses cataclysm channel. There are only 2 fel hunter phases and 2 doom guard phases. the rest will be imps every time.

Doom guard phase -> When the boss is summoning the doom guard, drop possession of the pitlord, stun him, then re-tame him. Do this both times he summons doom guards. When the doom guard comes out, use soul shatter to drop agro, hit him with your pit lord a few times. After 1 fire breathe, he will stick on the pit lord the entire fight. Do this for the 2nd doom guard as well

Curse of Agony and Seed of corruption -> Dispel these with a sacraficed imps singe magic spell. Pit lords fire breathe also cure these, so when your imp dispel is on CD, be constantly standing in pit lords fire breathe.

Pit lord heal -> abuse this constantly. this way you can stand in the pit lord breathe to cleanse dots most of the fight.

demonic portal -> never assume that it's still up. if you see your purple and green gateways are still up and you can easily make it to one of them, use it instead. demonic portal disappears quicker than you think and also, fel hunters dispel it. every time you do happen to use demoic portal to LoS a chaos bolt, try to refresh your portal the 2nd after you teleport

These are just a few things that let me beat this fight fairly quickly with terrible gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    i didn't ask why, i asked when
    The explanation was in reaction to your sad face. You should be happy, it means less lag for other people.

How do i get the motivation to kill kanrethad?
    Really really want green fire but im afraid to fail and ragequit
    Know a uper easy strategy *The pitlord absorb all attacks and dispell*
    But im worried that i woould not be able to execute it, gotta do him before 5.4 gut gut gut gut guts
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teritus/simple Armory here, m´how much easier will it be with my ilv?
    Also more and more locks are coming out with their shiny green fire *Even alts*
    I have brawler title, do about the same dps as a normal raider but can i do it?:/
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-06-21 at 06:06 PM.

I just wanted to pop in and give a big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, especially to Backsmack who was the original poster, Ackthal for very clear instructions and a very well-done video how-to (post 1165 on this very thread), and Jessicka for the Green Fire FAQ thread. This part from the FAQ thread was particularly helpful:

"Are the phases timed or based on health percentage?
    Phases are timed, not based on health. After the second Doom Lord, there are no more Felhunter or Doom Lord summoning phases, these are replaced by repeated Imp phases if you use the above noted Purification Potion to extend the fight."

Knowing I only had to survive 2 fel hunter phases helped push me through.

Finished the green fire quest about an hour ago, I did it in about 35 pulls, ilevel 496, with flask and +250 food. I consider myself a pretty good player in general, warlock is not my main and just recently got him to 90, fortunately had a few lucky drops in LFR and valor capped 2 weeks in a row for some significant gear upgrades. So for anyone hesitant about doing this, I'd say if you have any kind of decent skill and gear, go for it, it's a great feeling once you get it done. Kind of reminded me of old school Super Mario Bros. type gaming, where you'd keep failing and trying again until you got it, and then when you got it you pumped your fist and felt great about yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do i get the motivation to kill kanrethad?
    Really really want green fire but im afraid to fail and ragequit
    Just keep trying, try your best to not get stressed. Though if you are like me that can be difficult.
    But with your gear you should honestly not have much problem, i'm sure you will be surprised how simple it really is once you learn the fight.

I ragequit for many many days before I took a break, came back after a week+ and oneshot it. I get very very stressed, and frustrated when I don't manage to do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    After 3 hours of trying i did it!
    Congratulations Obersvare!

Deleted

Wink

It was so worth it! Dont give up! Took me 3 hours!
    But are they going to fix the touch of chaos visual bug? *purple slash*

Quote Originally Posted by Observare View Post
    It was so worth it! Dont give up! Took me 3 hours!
    But are they going to fix the touch of chaos visual bug? *purple slash*
    Not a bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Not a bug.
    Lazy of em:<
    Oh oh and the purple horns in caster form at high fury etc etc

Alright so after being extremely frustrated with this fight, I got it this AM.

Probably about 30 pulls or so it took me.

Here are some helpful suggestions:

Set up your portal next to one of your gateway ports. Put one of the gateway ports as close to LOS as possible so that you can LOS the chaos bolts.

I had 0 chance of having my Pit Lord tank even with shatter on CD and using the gateways as much as I could. I do have ilvl 535 so maybe that was it. If you can get the pit lord to tank, then grats and that only makes the fight easier.

Make sure you create and bind your Pit Lords abilities that you'll find on the OP links, especially Fel Flame and the charge.
    Do it as Destro and the imps are basically super easy.

Phase 1:

Shadowfury the pit lord immediately as it comes out and have it Enslaved while it's stunned. Getting stunned by the pit lord is a terrible way to start the fight. Use the charge immediately on Kanrathed, you'll have time until he casts the super doom spell. Spam Fel Flame and try and move and stand in the pit lord's fel flame.

For whatever reason Kanrathed was not casting his wipe the raid mechanic before the imps were spawning, even so, wait for him to go to the center and if he doesn't cast it charge him again and pump a few Chaos bolts into him.

Phase 2 (Imp summon).

I just went FnB immolate/incin with Kan focused and havoced, Fel Flame from pit lord in their general direction.

You should have all the imps dead by the time Kan casts chaos bolt (good timing check). use your gateway and los.

He'll cast the SuperDoomThing so use your Pit Lord to charge that.

Phase 2.5 Fel Hunters.

This is basically the fight.

After the imp superdoomspell has been interrupted use the move command to move your pit lord away from the spawn point a bit, not too far, but a bit out of the way..

This is super critical. If your pit lord gets aggro on a felhunter and gets dispelled by said felhunter you will have 4 adds running around raping you and you'll be lucky to get the pit lord back under control and LOS the Chaos bolt and INterrupt the SuperDOomSpell.

I Fel Flamed (my fel flame, not the pit lord) the first Felhunter for snap aggro on it, Focused it, Havoced it, Dark Soul > Chaos bolt onto the 2nd Felhunter as soon as it spawns then Fel Flame/conflag/shadowburns on the first 2 to finish them off. Make sure to fel flame the 3rd felhunter to snap aggro somewhere in there too, then just chaos bolt and whatever else you need to follow up to kill the 3rd. A good timing window is to have all 3 dead by the time Kan casts Chaos bolt.

You absolutely do not want your Pit Lord tanking Fel Hunters or they'll dispel the enslave demon buff on it and set it free to come and own you.

You can either shadowfury all three fel hunters while you're killing them, or shadowfury your Pit Lord if you get your enslave demon dispelled. Either way, you need to have your pit lord under control and ready to interrupt.

This is really the entire fight.

The doomlord is trivial, just banish him and continue interrupting the SuperDoomSpell and casting Fel Flame from your pit lord.

Good luck!!

Oh, use this to unenslave your Pit Lord if you need to do it (a good time is before fel pups and after interrupting the death cast during the first imp spawn phase)

/script PetDismiss();
    Last edited by Hugginz; 2013-06-24 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Observare View Post
    Lazy of em:<
    Oh oh and the purple horns in caster form at high fury etc etc
    Purple spell effects are 'shadow' effects. I wouldn't expect anything that doesn't fall under the categories of 'fire' or 'shadowflame' damage to be altered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    Purple spell effects are 'shadow' effects. I wouldn't expect anything that doesn't fall under the categories of 'fire' or 'shadowflame' damage to be altered.
    touch of chaos is chaos damage, not shadow. that means it's arcane, fire, frost, holy, nature, shadow and physical at the same time.

funny fact: illidan's chaos attacks in WC3 were green
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    touch of chaos is chaos damage, not shadow. that means it's arcane, fire, frost, holy, nature, shadow and physical at the same time.

funny fact: illidan's chaos attacks in WC3 were green
    Interesting! I'd still maintain, what I think is the most important part of the post, that I wouldn't expect anything other than fire or maybe some shadowflame spells to be affected. The tooltip does say that it only changes fire spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    Toc and the purple horns needs fixing nothing else

I had just recently come back to WoW (been away since January), and today after about 4 or 5 attempts, I got GREEN FIRE!! I had messed up on small things here or there, like forgetting to use the Purification potion for example - that got me twice believe it or not, lol...(my ilvl is 481 with some PvP gear). Personally, I found the Felhunter phases to be easier than the 3rd Imp phase, but whatever, I got it. :P

-----------
    edit:

For the Felhunter phases, I would net the 1st one, Conflag & Havoc the 2nd one, pop CD's CB the 1st or the 3rd (didn't really matter), and then Shadowfury the three of them together and finish them off with CBs & SBs. Took very little damage at all here.
    Last edited by Supernex; 2013-06-27 at 12:30 AM.

I will burn your soul.