Deleted

[BIO] William Davenporth

Hi there! This is the BIO for my first roleplaying character. Any constructive criticism or tips are most welcome.

Name: William Davenporth
    Race: Human
    Class: Assasination Rogue

Languages: Common,Darnassian and a bit of Dwarfish.

Faction: Alliance (Possibly SI7 in the future).

Personality: Calm, observing, usually thinks before he acts, adapting is the key to survival.

Likes: Herbalism, Alchemy (making potions and poisons) A good ale and solitude.

Dislikes: Birthright, endless conflict, warmongers,

Appearance: Slightly shorter then average, Blue eyes, medium lenght brown hair, bit of brown facial hair.

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Strenghts : Poisons, moving silent, infiltration and psychological warfare.
    Weakness : Fighting heavy infantry after being exposed, magic users, fightning multiple enemies.

History:

William Davenporth is my name. It's the only thing I have that is truly mine. My parents, I never knew them nor do I have any desire to know them. I've heard stories in the streets of Stormwind: "Your father was a brave soldier of the Alliance who died for what he believed in" and if there is positive story there's always a negative :" Your father was lazy, he had a lack of duty for the Alliance he spended most of his time in the tavern and forced himself on your mother". She died during my birth, nothing more to say then that.

It matters not. Elly Langston, a barmaid at the Pig and Whistle raised me in the early stages of my life. More out of moral obligation as a request of my mother then due to kindness, so it wasn't a suprise that I was thrown on the street when the tavernkeeper demanded that she paid rent for my stay. If you learn anything in the streets of Stormwind it's survival above all else. Stealing and pickpocketing might be frowned upon, but it's better then living without anything in your stomach. The only thing that had my interest were the herbs that grew just outside of the city, they could be sold for some money but they grew to slow to be a steady source of income. Stealing, hiding and stalking became something natural over time, but there was always the ahcne of getting caught. However the one time I got caught and wasn't able to get away was the moment that changed my life.

She was a Night Elf, I had seen their kind on the streets sometimes. Once a proud immortal race fallen from their glory, or so were the stories. My pickpocket action was foolish, I already had doubts about doing it because the circumstances weren't optimal but I needed something to eat. The strange thing was that she wasn't angry. Instead of calling the guards she asked me one question:" I've seen you walking around with some herbs a couple of times, do you know what purpose they have?" I was rather caught off guard but answerd :" They are used to make potions by alchemists." She nodded and asked me if I was interested in collecting them for her for a decent pay. She offerd me a roof over my head and combat training, so I could explore further and gather more then just outside of the city. That day my life changed and this time for the better, her name was Tannysa.

For 8 years she trained me in the uses of knifes and swords, that in combination of my skills in stealth and moving silent made me a cunnable rogue. One who rather avoided combat and used stealth to get pass certain people or critters to get the herbs. Rather then full out combat. However I'm still young and have much to learn. The herb collecting went well and the lessons she provided on each herb and it's uses were immensely valuable. However, I wanted more out of life then this. When I approached Tannysa about this she told me that SI7 might have use for someone with my skillset.

The SI7, the intelligence of the Alliance. Many stories were told about the wars against the horde, veterans told horrible stories about battles with Orcs Taurens and even undead corpses. How they all were savages and they needed to be wiped out of existence. I understood the concept of war, and from living in the streets and studying the people that walked them, I doubted that it was as simple as "The noble Alliance against the savages of the Horde". I am not ready to dedicate myself to the Alliance without knowing the Alliance and Horde and their years old wars. So I decided to adventure for some time, get to know the world outside of Stormwind and if the stories are true, a life in the SI7 might be suitable for one like me. We shall see.

I hope you enjoyed it! P.S Not a native English speaker so I apologize for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Hi there Veredis, welcome to the RP Forums.

I must say, I like this Bio. The Timeline works out, if William tells this story in the Warcraft present.
    I'm also surprised that the first person narrative works for a bio. But in his case, he knows most of what really happened I guess, so there is no reason not to use this form of narration, and it is rather well done. Except of course there are some circumstances in his life that he doesn't know about, in that case, we would like to know them, for completions sake.
    Also, since your character is rather introverted, I don't really see him telling this story this openly. But I'm nit picking again.
    You also could give us a bit more on his exterior appearance, like what kind of clothing and weapons he wears. Maybe also give us some of your characters thoughts on important things, like the War in Northrend, the Cataclysm, and the resurfacing war between alliance and Horde. But that is all additional Infomation. the Bio in itself is good.

Deleted
    Thanks for reading it! Added some more information. I purposely stopped the bio at "starting an adventure" because I'm not quite sure yet how Outland and Northrend is going to effect my character. I stopped playing very early into Cataclysm and can't recall alot of things from both Northrend and Outland. So I'm going to play trough it and see where it will take take him. Also going all out perfectionist on this char All quests, achievs, professions etc. (Made a new battle.net account and everything for a fresh start). This gives enough possiblities to shape my character.

And the BIO was narrated because when I was creating the story, I was more or less picturing a campfire scene in which my character told who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredis View Post
    Thanks for reading it! Added some more information. I purposely stopped the bio at "starting an adventure" because I'm not quite sure yet how Outland and Northrend is going to effect my character. I stopped playing very early into Cataclysm and can't recall alot of things from both Northrend and Outland. So I'm going to play trough it and see where it will take take him. Also going all out perfectionist on this char All quests, achievs, professions etc. (Made a new battle.net account and everything for a fresh start). This gives enough possiblities to shape my character.

And the BIO was narrated because when I was creating the story, I was more or less picturing a campfire scene in which my character told who he was.
    You can certainly do this to further refine your character and refresh your memory, but please remember, if you want him to be part of some great battle, he has to remain one of the more or less faceless soldiers of the armies. Also your roleplaying character needs an in character reason if you want him to somewhat have all the achievements you are talking about, and if he is to take part in most of the storylines.

keep uo the good work