10+ Year Old Account

Heavy duty headsets

My workplace is currently in the process of renovating everything, including replacing the floor and other stuff.

It's a café with a gaming house upstairs, peripheral wise we're almost rock solid with Logitech G400's and cheap Dell keyboards, however our Siberia V2's are dropping like flies and are looking for some good replacement headSETS.

The budget is small because our revenue is a little low and has been for a while, we're aiming around £60-80 for each headset, do you have any suggestions? The Siberia V2's are not very solid.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    vengeance 1500's?

AKG GHS-1s
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    The Corsair headsets look a little... easy to break :/ Remember that these are headsets that are going to be used almost 14 hours a day, and people are a little rough with them

I'll take a look at the AKG GHS-1s
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    the sennheiser range has always looked very solid to me, worth a look. fraid I can't be any more detailed than that though

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They might look easy to break, but my friend has the 1500s and from what I can tell, they are pretty sturdy like Corsair likes to be. I think they also have an aluminum body.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Razer headsets are of good quality, can take a large beating and work for a long span of time.

The only con is that they are very pricy.

That's all the input i can make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Razer headsets are of good quality, can take a large beating and work for a long span of time.

That's not what I've heard from several Razer-headset owners. =/
    All I've heard is they break easily and sometimes at totally random.
    "A flower.

Razer is actually kinda bad. They're fragile and they use extremely cheap manifacturing and components. Their green plastic might look cool, but no headset at those pricepoints should be stopping to function randomly in a fairly large amount of cases.

Low-end senheisers (The only ones available to the OP, one would imagine) also have similar issues, mass produced. not really worth getting.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    BYO Headset, you'll never have another one break, ever. Just have drivers for the common ones already installed, and have an accessible USB port or headphone jacks.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

I have a gamecom 780, and it seems to be about in your price range. It's a USB headset and has 7.1 digital surround. Seems sturdy enough to me, and I wear it constantly.
    Amazon link if you are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Ga.../dp/B006ZS5ATM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    I have a gamecom 780, and it seems to be about in your price range. It's a USB headset and has 7.1 digital surround. Seems sturdy enough to me, and I wear it constantly.

Before I went high end (Shure SRH440 with Samson M15 microphone) I was using a Plantronics Gamecom 337 headset, and the thing is bloody comfortable as hell! The sound isn't too bad (if a little quiet) and it lets your ears breath. Mic quality isn't too bad either, maybe a little on the quiet end.

Only problem I have with this one is it is USB and I personally hate USB headsets, but if they have no issues setting them up, it should be a good headset!
    "A flower.

yeah don't go with Razer headsets. Within the first week the ear piece came off. I was able to put it back on but just doesn't feel the same. Also sounds like there is something loose inside. Doesn't affect the sound much but it is kinda annoying. I've been looking at those Corsair 1500 and they look pretty solid. I've had plantronic gamecoms and logitech and neither of them lasted more than a year

i dunno what you guys are smoking but i've had my Razer Megalodon for 3 years now and i've yet to get a single problem with it.

The only thing that Razer does bad is keyboards.

The only thing that Razer does bad is keyboards.
    ...and mice, game controllers as well as everything audio. The only thing that is not of completely shoddy quality are their mouse pads which are expensive as hell.

i dunno what you guys are smoking but i've had my Razer Megalodon for 3 years now and i've yet to get a single problem with it.
    Just because you have had a positive personal experience with the brand does not mean everyone else was as lucky.

Razer mass manufactures cheap items using cheap materials. Their products have a high defect rate, as well as low life span. Argue all you want, but the majority of people on this forum as well as any other "build enthusiast" forum will tell you to avoid Razer products.

Some will take this as brand bashing, but I hope others may take it as informative. You get what you pay for.. in the case of Razer, you pay a bit more to buy into the brand itself.
    Last edited by BruceG87; 2013-01-22 at 11:39 AM.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using the Soundblaster Tactic3D and i'm very happy with it.

Good quality combined with a good price

(Standard 49€, Wireless 99€)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Before I went high end (Shure SRH440 with Samson M15 microphone) I was using a Plantronics Gamecom 337 headset, and the thing is bloody comfortable as hell! The sound isn't too bad (if a little quiet) and it lets your ears breath. Mic quality isn't too bad either, maybe a little on the quiet end.

Only problem I have with this one is it is USB and I personally hate USB headsets, but if they have no issues setting them up, it should be a good headset!
    Yeah mine is really comfy. I don't know about the one you had, but mine gets loud enough that I could see it causing permanent hearing loss if cranked up all the way over an extended period of time haha. I've never heard a single complaint about mic quality form guildies either. The only thing that it kinda lacks is that I wish it had more bass thump, but for gaming, that really isn't an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post

Gamescom Plantronics is what we had before, all of them broke within a 6 month period.

Judging from Corsair's mice problems and half-mechanical keyboards, I think it's best to stay away from them.

So it's basically between Sennheiser and AKG GH1-s. Thanks for all the input!

Armory