Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elite Regail's Crackling Dagger vs Loshan

Is Loshan (ilvl 496) better than Regail's (ilvl 503) with the prismatic socket? Right now it seems that it's a minor upgrade at best, and I'm not sure if it's worth sinking 1500 vp into fully upgrading for (my Regail's is fully upgraded to 511). Could anyone give me some advice as to whether it's worth it? Thanks!

Well you fully upgraded your regail, its going to be better then your loshan...especially with a prismatic slot. I'm going for affliction here btw.
    I'd say:
    2/2 Regail with prismatic > Loshan, even with the legendary gem.

Worth spending valor to upgrade your loshan? probably not, at least not until you get a heroic staff off of lei-shi or a heroic loshan.

It's an upgrade, a rather small one though. It all depends on how close you are to heroic protectors/tsulong and how desperate you are. I passed on it cause i don't wanna waste the vp and money when im getting the heroic one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Well you fully upgraded your regail, its going to be better then your loshan...especially with a prismatic slot. I'm going for affliction here btw.
    I'd say:
    2/2 Regail with prismatic > Loshan, even with the legendary gem.

Worth spending valor to upgrade your loshan? probably not, at least not until you get a heroic staff off of lei-shi or a heroic loshan.
    you can't put gem slot on weps that aren't sha-touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    you can't put gem slot on weps that aren't sha-touched.
    Ahh cool, learned something then. Kinda common sense though I guess, just haven't looked into the next part since I lost my progress with a server transfer >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Ahh cool, learned something then. Kinda common sense though I guess, just haven't looked into the next part since I lost my progress with a server transfer >.>
    you know a GM Ticket would of solved that right?

Also 2/2 Loshan with prismatic > 2/2 heroic elite regails.

Loshan with Prismatic + Sha-Touched gem > Regail Elite > Loshan with Sha Gem > Regail N > Loshan N
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-22 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Loshan with Prismatic + Sha-Touched gem > Regail Elite > Loshan with Sha Gem > Regail N > Loshan N
    1. Stop making every one of your posts in bold.

2. Loshan U2 with gem stats gained: 547 int, 13 crit, 367 haste
    Elite Regail U2 with wild sensei gem stats gained: 547 mastery 160 hit 507 sp

Simcraft your stat weights: Mine personally: Int: 4.85 SP: 3.92 Hit: 2.32 Crit: 1.82 Haste: 3.48 Mastery: 2.92

Add up the gains (eg: 547 (int) x 4.85 = 2652.95)

Results: Loshan (normal upgraded 2x WITHOUT prismatic: 3953.77
    Elite Regail (upgraded 2x with wild sensei): 3955.88 IF you need the hit from that gem (without the hit fully included into the factor it comes to 3584.68 for me)

Conclusion: Do the math yourself, it will vary depending on your own individual stat weights. Since some of the hit is wasted on my gem, Loshan was an upgrade even without the prismatic.

3. Posting in bold in every single post makes you look ridiculous
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-22 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    1. Stop making every one of your posts in bold.

2. Loshan U2 with gem stats gained: 547 int, 13 crit, 367 haste
    Elite Regail U2 with wild sensei gem stats gained: 547 mastery 160 hit 507 sp

Simcraft your stat weights: Mine personally: Int: 4.85 SP: 3.92 Hit: 2.32 Crit: 1.82 Haste: 3.48 Mastery: 2.92

Add up the gains (eg: 547 (int) x 4.85 = 2652.95)

Results: Loshan (normal upgraded 2x WITHOUT prismatic: 3953.77
    Elite Regail (upgraded 2x with wild sensei): 3955.88 IF you need the hit from that gem (without the hit fully included into the factor it comes to 3584.68 for me)

Conclusion: Do the math yourself, it will vary depending on your own individual stat weights. Since some of the hit is wasted on my gem, Loshan was an upgrade even without the prismatic.

3. Posting in bold in every single post makes you look ridiculous
    1. No

2. I'm just telling what ASKMRROBOT show to me with my on Simcrafting weights, Loshan with Sha-touch gem + prismatic wins by around 300 dps.

3. That's what I want to.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-22 at 12:13 AM.

1. No

2. I'm just telling what ASKMRROBOT show to me with my on Simcrafting weights, Loshan with Sha-touch gem + prismatic wins by around 300 dps.

3. That's what I want to.
    Why people are still relying on AskMrRobot?! I don't get it.... Sim your character, do the math and you'll get your answer.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-22 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buklao View Post
    Why people are still relying on AskMrRobot?! I don't get it.... Sim your character, do the math and you'll get your answer.
    AskMrrobot do the exactly math if u have your stats weights.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2013-01-22 at 02:20 AM.

Actually extra his is often as valuable as haste/mastery because then you can reforge some exceeding hit to master/haste. And if you are going for certain hit/haste caps and you can reach all of them, then in most cases hit = haste = mastery for affliction (when you are switching one item with two of those three stats).

Mr. Robot isn't calculating "your" stats. It's using boiler plate stat values from the Bis Simcrafted profile for your spec. Your stat weights are very likely different than those until you get into Bis. You can use Simcraft to see what your stat weights are now (which will change depending on your gear).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    Mr. Robot isn't calculating "your" stats. It's using boiler plate stat values from the Bis Simcrafted profile for your spec. Your stat weights are very likely different than those until you get into Bis. You can use Simcraft to see what your stat weights are now (which will change depending on your gear).
    Except that you can actually input your own stat weight, as far as i have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Except that you can actually input your own stat weight, as far as i have heard.

This.

PPl just dont know how to use AMR and still think SimulationCraft is the only way to have some theorycrafting.

This.

PPl just dont know how to use AMR and still think SimulationCraft is the only way to have some theorycrafting.
    There is a very big difference between a script that simulates actual gameplay to figure out stat weights and many other things and a website that tells you what gear is good based solely on commonly inaccurate stat weights and nothing else.

The Loshan, Terror Incarnate becomes BIS weapon once you obtain both the 550 intellect gem and the extra socket for a 320 mastery gem. Until then the HC elite regail dagger is BIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyqs View Post
    The Loshan, Terror Incarnate becomes BIS weapon once you obtain both the 550 intellect gem and the extra socket for a 320 mastery gem. Until then the HC elite regail dagger is BIS.
    There is not a 550 gem, the gem update was removed in PTR and substituted for the socket.

thank you for that info )))

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyqs View Post
    Pretty sure it would be BiS even without the 50 extra int.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Pretty sure it would be BiS even without the 50 extra int.
    lets not forget that swords give +1% free hit for gnomes and humans, so for them there is no question what to take...

EDIT: nomes get 1% hit from daggers also, so i guess that leaves only humans
    Last edited by mmoc2f46d0c19c; 2013-01-24 at 03:26 PM.