Thread: Sha HC Macro

Deleted

Sha HC Macro

Right...Ive got a question, something really is annoying me!
    Been progressing on Sha HC the past week, I've used 3 different macros for passing the ball and not 1 macro has been 100% reliable as of yet.

Firstly Used...

1st Macro
    /tar mouseover
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

Then a guildy said it was on the GCD so it would be wise to implement a /stopcast.

2nd Macro
    /stopcast
    /tar mouseover
    /targetlasttarget

Now thirdly I just went for the old fashioned way, (safe way i'd call it as I don't usually use mouseover macros) as I am now sick that my last few macros haven't been 100% reliable.

3rd Macro
    /stopcast

Sometimes when I press my macro I get the little"grey hand icon" (hope you know what I mean) and it doesn't work and obviously is not instant! This applies to all 3 macros.
    How do you handle it?
    Thanks guys! really appreciate it!

Lastly I was thinking about some scenarios, do these make sense?:

1:

- I have the ball
    - I have a raid member targeted
    - Macro is instant. (Love it <3)

2:

- I have the ball
    - I have Sha targeted
    - I get the hand icon up, with the yellow outline. (Ready to cast the spell, please click on a raid member to select whom to cast it on)

3:

- I don't have the ball (spamming my macro early)
    - I have a raid member/Sha targeted
    - I get the hand icon up, with the grey outline. (Lets me do absolutely nothing so I have to "esc" and by that time someone will die from huddle)

P.S.
    I am so sure I am in range every single time!

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /tar mouseover
    /targetlasttarget
    Thats the one I use weekly, never failed.
    So, yea, it should have been working for you. You said you were at range all the time so no clue what is happening.

Deleted
    Hmmm that's basically the macro I've been using.
    Ok so to be a bit nit picky here?

How do you use that macro?

Do you hover over the person you wanna throw the ball to and spam your keybinding when you don't have the ball and waiting for it?

Do you hover over the person you wanna throw the ball to and spam your keybinding when you do have the ball?

Do you hover over the person you wanna throw the ball to and press your keybind once when you have the ball?

Thanks man, like I said don't have much experience with mouse over macros so just making 100% sure.

Much appreciated!

The syntax is "stopcasting", not "stopcast".

If you pasted macro word for word thats probably causing you some confusion when you try to use it while casting. Also seeing as the syntax is wrong and you put it on the line above target mouseover, that could be preventing it targeting correctly (which means you would still be targeting Sha and the hand will go Grey ).

My macro is
    /target mouseover
    /stopcasting
    /targetlasttarget

Works on raid frames and on player models, also works whether I'm casting or not. Never had any problems and I was the healer/add kiter.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2013-01-16 at 05:53 AM.

Deleted
    Alright thanks bud but again to be absolutely sure!

How do you use your macro?

Do you hover over the person [on raid frame] you wanna throw the ball to and spam your keybinding when you don't have the ball and waiting for it?

Do you hover over the person [on raid frame] you wanna throw the ball to and spam your keybinding when you do have the ball?

Do you hover over the person [on raid frame] you wanna throw the ball to and press your keybind once when you have the ball?

I just want to make sure there is no room for error!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetinyone View Post
    Alright thanks bud but again to be absolutely sure!

How do you use your macro?

Do you hover over the person [on raid frame] you wanna throw the ball to and spam your keybinding when you don't have the ball and waiting for it?

Do you hover over the person [on raid frame] you wanna throw the ball to and spam your keybinding when you do have the ball?

Do you hover over the person [on raid frame] you wanna throw the ball to and press your keybind once when you have the ball?

I just want to make sure there is no room for error!
    Thanks man!
    I almost always hover over them on the raid frame but once or twice I have had to mouseover player model.

1. It works if you spam it before ball gets to you (which I do if I am huddled).
    2. When you have the ball already you could spam it I guess but it works on the first press so it isn't really necessary.
    3. This is the one I generally do when I'm kiting, just press it once and it works (as long as the other person is in range).

I have a feeling if you change to /stopcasting instead of /stopcast all your problems will be solved.

Best of luck!

Deleted
    Thanks man!
    I really do hope this works, I always get nervous when I'm huddled which is really annoying because I know what to do but that bloody macro should solve it! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thetinyone View Post
    Thanks man!
    I really do hope this works, I always get nervous when I'm huddled which is really annoying because I know what to do but that bloody macro should solve it! :P

sorry for the last response, I am the guy in the first reply post.

basically our 3 "ball job guys" are marked. I used to be a main backup during progression/learning. I just hovered my mouse over the guy I wanted to throw the ball to, didn't move the cursor and kep doing my rotation and all of that. As soon as I saw "Eternal Darkness" started being casted I'd immediatly throw the ball to one of the two other guys. Having a weakaura to pop whenever Eternal Darkness being casted helps here.

Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    sorry for the last response, I am the guy in the first reply post.

basically our 3 "ball job guys" are marked. I used to be a main backup during progression/learning. I just hovered my mouse over the guy I wanted to throw the ball to, didn't move the cursor and kep doing my rotation and all of that. As soon as I saw "Eternal Darkness" started being casted I'd immediatly throw the ball to one of the two other guys. Having a weakaura to pop whenever Eternal Darkness being casted helps here.
    Would you mind posting your WA string for this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackaronis View Post
    Would you mind posting your WA string for this?
    I'd be interested in this, too. I've tried to set it up via "Specific Unit = boss3", but it didn't work (and I haven't yet spent a lot of time on this because we just got in P2).

Many thanks in advance!