Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How can anyone hate Cross Realm Zones?

If you hate it because you're getting ganked (by me ) then reroll on a PvE realm!

PvE servers are fine. It's cool having that many of your fellow players around (unless you're asocial, then you should stick to single player games).

RP servers are fine. I'm sure it's great being able to find other players outside of Stormwind for once (as long as it is not Goldshire).

What's the hate?

People don't want competition for their quest mobs of mineral nodes. Which, you know, is at the core of a Massively Multiplayer Online game. Sometimes I really do wonder whether people actually know what MMO stands for. To me it sure as hell isn't a game where you meet less than 5 people during levelling up an alt. If you don't like having a lot of people around, this game is not for you. It's that simple.

There are two main issues I have with CRZ: resource sharing and spawn sharing. CRZ makes collecting resources (mining, herbalism, etc) a more time-consuming task, and this is impacting server economies already. As for getting rares (mounts, mobs, pets, etc), it has now become MUCH, MUCH harder. Almost impossible for some timed spawns.

If they could make resource nodes and rare spawns phased and appear only and for all characters on their own server, that would fix the major issues I have with CRZ.

Another somewhat lesser problem is not entirely related to CRZ, but exacerbated with it. Currently, if you're in a queue and join a group or invite someone to your group, you drop the queue. While leveling, especially as DPS, you would normally queue for a dungeon and do quests while waiting. CRZ puts more people around making grouping for doing quests more efficient, but this causes issues with dungeon queues. If they could fix it, and make grouping/leaving groups more convivial it would fix some annoyances people have with a world with more people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    People don't want competition for their quest mobs of mineral nodes. Which, you know, is at the core of a Massively Multiplayer Online game. Sometimes I really do wonder whether people actually know what MMO stands for. To me it sure as hell isn't a game where you meet less than 5 people during levelling up an alt. If you don't like having a lot of people around, this game is not for you. It's that simple.
    Let us know when we can recruit those CRZ people into guilds on our (dead) server.

First of all, you're an asshole for ganking people and you should find something better to do

Second, some people don't like competition on tagging mobs/nodes, as well as getting ganked 24/7 by some idiot (inb4 Roll PvE server, that's not the point)

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    First of all, you're an asshole for ganking people and you should find something better to do

Second, some people don't like competition on tagging mobs/nodes, as well as getting ganked 24/7 by some idiot (inb4 Roll PvE server, that's not the point)
    So basically, they don't like competition in any form. Maybe they'd be better off going back to single player games.

Also, ganking doesn't make one an asshole. I rolled on my server type to kill enemy players, and that's exactly what I do.

People hate it for a few reasons (and in my opinion I believe their reasons for hating it are stupid and childish).
    First of all some people complain saying that they now have to compete for rare mobs, resources, and for quest objectives. If you really complain about having competition in an MMORPG then you're obviously playing the wrong game and should just unsubscribe and go pick up a copy of Skyrim.
    Another reason is that people complain about getting ganked all the time on PvP realms. Well hey, guess what people. They are PvP realms, and PvP stands for Player versus Player, and if you can't handle being ganked on a PvP server than either server transfer or reroll altogether. It only takes 4-5 days of time played to get to max level without heirlooms, so there's really no reason to say that it'll be a hassle to reroll.
    Finally, people hate it because it gives low pop servers a world full of players but still retains all the problems of being on the low pop server. This is the only logical reason I see for being against CRZ, but even then, with CRZ you can go out into the world, meet some people, add them to your friends list and play with them later or hell, possibly recruit them to your guild if you need too. Happened with my friend's guild the other day. His GM met some players while leveling in Hyjal and he ended up recruiting those players to raid with the guild.

Personally, I love CRZ. I'm that asshole ganking you and camping your corpse, but that's what PvP servers are all about. World PvP.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some people that complain about increased competition for nodes while their economy remains weak.

I consider this the only valid complaint about CRZs.

All other complaints are basically people complaining about the nature of the server they chose to play on or complaining that they can no longer take advantage of an unintended advantage for rare spawns and the like.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-21 at 06:43 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    PvE servers are fine. It's cool having that many of your fellow players around (unless you're asocial, then you should stick to single player games).
    Nope, they're not. Players around are not my 'fellows' and it has nothing to do with being antisocial. They are no different than NPCs running around and killing other NPCs that I'm supposed to kill in order to met quest objectives (or picking nodes). Can't group up with them either because always someone is in dungeon queue and half of quests are gathering ones that you have to pick up yourself anyway. Leaving alone the fact that all zone resources are being mined and gathered by people from high pop realms making low populated realms economies even more screwed.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2013-01-21 at 06:44 PM.

The reasons others have mentioned are somewhat valid, although if its just mining node competition or something like that, I'm tempted to say suck it up and deal with it. Really, that's not much different than if you play on a high pop realm anyway.

For ganking, it happens. Maybe more likely with CRZ, but its still going to happen even if that goes away. I don't support ganking or see any reason for it since its not an interesting fight when you can 1-shot anyone more than a few levels below you. That's not a crz problem, that's just a personality issue.

The biggest reason I don't care for crz is it interferes with the previously seamless transition between zones that used to exist. I can be flying through eastern kingdoms and suddenly have a giant fps drop to the point I think I'm disconnecting while I'm moved from one server to another. Any other issue I'll deal with it, but if there's something that's seriously hindering game performance, that needs to be looked at.

If your killing people around your level i don't see anything wrong with that but when they are substantially lower level than you then yes your an asshole.

People don't like them because different people have different values and preferences than you do.

Which is why making CRZs an enforced feature was a dumb move.
    There's nothing wrong with the idea -- there's everything wrong with making them mandatory rather than optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    People hate it for a few reasons (and in my opinion I believe their reasons for hating it are stupid and childish).
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Personally, I love CRZ. I'm that asshole ganking you and camping your corpse
    Your parents must be so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    So basically, they don't like competition in any form. Maybe they'd be better off going back to single player games.
    There's a difference between competition versus your server and competition versus other servers. The auction house reflects your server and faction population, whereas with CRZ you get no benefits of more players (cheaper goods), but more competition. Competing against your server for resources also means that you can form alliances (you know, guilds...), but obviously there are no cross-faction guilds.

Say a rare mob drops a good item. Higher pop servers have more competition, but the trade-off is if you don't feel like camping, you can buy the item for cheaper (relatively). In lower pop servers the item might be more expensive/scarce, but the trade-off is it's easier to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Also, ganking doesn't make one an asshole. I rolled on my server type to kill enemy players, and that's exactly what I do.
    Same goes here, again: By choosing higher-pop servers, you might be more susceptible to constant world PvP. By choosing lower-pop servers, you will still be able to engage in world PvP (including competing for resources with the other faction by means of killing them), but you aren't constantly subjected to world PvP.

CRZ throws that off as well.

If you're doing the ganking you probably love it.
    If you're getting ganked you probably hate it.

That's why 1/2 the people love it and 1/2 the people hate it. Blizzard just pissed off half their fanbase.

Paying $25+ to transfer to a different realm is a shitty solution. Rerolling and losing everything you've worked for is even shittier.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Your parents must be so proud.
    Proud of what? Me playing a video game in my free time? And playing it how I want too, which ganking isn't against the rules. And I don't see how ganking is childish or stupid. If you're mad about being killed on a PvP server where PvP happens, go to a PvE server so you never have to deal with being ganked and corpse camped again
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    -Resources on a realm are 'taken' by other people without any sort of benefit to your realm. Pretty much resources are shared between realms and realms lose out in economy.
    -Realms are overpopulated.
    -PvE realm hubs get camped by people from other servers almost 24/7. Groups of 15+ people camping and griefing hubs is stupid.
    -Lower population realms get screwed over without any sort of benefit.
    -The people you meet while leveling cannot join your guilds, or raid with you.
    -People are forced into it without any way of opting out.
    -Lower population realm economies die out because their resources are taken by people from other realms.
    -Trolling, harassment, and griefing are at a high because people know they can just retreat back to their own realms on Pandaria and get away mark-free.
    -Blizzard continues to use their "We say it should be fun, so it's fun" mentality about CRZ, which is worrisome.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    If you're doing the ganking you probably love it.
    If you're getting ganked you probably hate it.

That's why 1/2 the people love it and 1/2 the people hate it. Blizzard just pissed off half their fanbase.
    It's not even that. I don't think people understand the difference between high-pop and low-pop PvP servers. I don't think people understand that perhaps some people prefer PvP servers (low-population) where they can engage in PvP, but aren't constantly subjected to it based on the realm pop.

Obviously the players who play on high-pop servers are OK with constant ganking (both doing the ganking, and potentially receiving the ganking) because that's the style of play they signed up for. But those who signed up for lower-pop PvP servers, where PvP is an option but you aren't likely to be constantly 100% subjected to it, just got forced into the high-pop style.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from the shitty lag/bugs I get when crossing zones (a big negative in my experience), CRZ has affected me surprisingly little, since I switched (by pure coincidence, due to the guilds I joined) to PvE servers and since I always require medium-to-high population realms.

High-pop realms won't really be affected aside from zoning lag and bugs (which are major negatives, as I said), but lower-pop realms get all of the above and the crap end of the stick, because now they are forced into the drawbacks of high-pop realms, without the benefits.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-01-21 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    Dark portal

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People forgot what "PvP Server" meant.