• Yes, I heal pets, but only as the lowest priority

303 39.87%
  • No, I don't heal pets, it's the pet class's job to keep them up

148 19.47%
  • No, I don't even have pets on my bars

288 37.89%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pets are low priority, and pet classes can use abilities to heal them, but if you aren't doing it out of laziness then there's a problem. Healing your pet is a DPS loss for any class that uses a pet.

Hunters have it the easiest with Mend Pet.
    Warlocks have to channel a spell, and have defensive cooldowns that drain 50% of their pet's health, Health Funnel is a big DPS loss.
    Frost Mages have to cast frost bolt at their pet to heal it.
    Death Knights can summon a new one so frequently it doesn't matter as much.

There's so much aoe damage this tier in 25 man, I can't even managing using a heal on any of the pets in my raid. I don't even bother having them on my bars, I would rather atonement the boss over spending a heal on a pet.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    are u fucking serious ? If u want to do your best to keep the raid going strong u heal the pets, if u wanna whine about whose job it is, u have no right in a raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Deleted
    Of course it is. That pet is just as much part of the raid as you are! Healers who don't heal pets are just plain a) bad or b) lazy or c) both!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Of course it is. That pet is just as much part of the raid as you are! Healers who don't heal pets are just plain a) bad or b) lazy or c) both!
    Back this up with anything but your personal opinion and I'll offer a proper rebuttal, as I promise I have a few in mind.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    are u fucking serious ? If u want to do your best to keep the raid going strong u heal the pets, if u wanna whine about whose job it is, u have no right in a raid.
    Are you fucking serious? If you want to do your best to keep the raid strong, you use your class-given abilities to keep your own pet alive. If you want to whine about whose job it is, you have no right in a raid.

See how that works?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I will heal specific pet only if his owner asks for it. Because I don't have any place for pets on my bars, and anyway pets are just fine with all that AE heals.
    Focus healing of pet is totally possible ONLY if pet is doing something specific connected with our boss kill tactics.
    Bullshit about 1% boss and wipe is bullshit. Even if your healer was focus healing somebody's pet, he wouldn't heal real person instead and you'll end up wiping at much more than 1%.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Are you fucking serious? If you want to do your best to keep the raid strong, you use your class-given abilities to keep your own pet alive. If you want to whine about whose job it is, you have no right in a raid.

See how that works?
    I see how u think it works, but i still heal the pets that need healing because it helps the raid, so no, i guess i dont see how "that" works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

If my aoe heals are not enough to keep the pet up then it dies. I will not heal a pet unless that pet is the tank for that event. If a person is upset about that, who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warlock, I expect healers to heal my pet. Keeping a pet alive is as much a healers job as the owners. Other players are prioritized over pets, but when no one is in need of healing and I see pets dying, the healers ain't doing their job.
    The last time a healer in my guild refused not to heal pets, I gave him the option to either not raid with us, or to come and also heal pets. His decision was quickly made, hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter pets, yeah. Not Warlock pets because I believe they can summon one rather quickly. Hunters would have to stop to res.

Deleted
    Well Warlocks sacrifice their demons 90% of the time and don't hunter pets have a -90% AoE damage passive? And don't pet classes have a heal for them? And in case they die, they can instantly revive them on a CD? Should be enough.

A healer shouldn't have to. Sure, he can if he has time/mana, but it shouldn't be required.

I don't even have pet bars displayed in my UI.
    Last edited by mmocc2f63cde0d; 2013-01-21 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    I see how u think it works, but i still heal the pets that need healing because it helps the raid, so no, i guess i dont see how "that" works.
    "That" in my statement was used to point out how the wording of your extremely forward statement does nothing but distract you from the fact that its your opinion.

See, if I'm a rogue and I feel as though its the tank's job to keep the mob still, I can't just sit there going "Dude, you moved. My dot fell off!!" No, it's my job to be aware enough to move with him and reapply the dots when necessary.

If a hunter/lock/whatever notices his pet's health is low, it's also his job to sacrifice a little DPS to keep the pet up for the greater good. The healer's mana is limited and should always be reserved for the people who can't keep themselves alive, even if mana is a non-issue. The pets, however HAVE the ability to be kept alive by the very classes that control them, making it a class mechanic.

Use your class mechanics and do your job.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I roll a healer, is it my job to make sure everone is alive? Yes
    If I roll a DPS, is it my job to make sure I DPS down everyting? Yes
    If I roll a Tank, is it my job to make sure I grab aggro of everyone? Yes

OP - Yes. Let's even pretend healing pets is a hard job with the 90% aoe dmg reduction..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    If I roll a healer, is it my job to make sure everone is alive? Yes
    If I roll a DPS, is it my job to make sure I DPS down everyting? Yes
    If I roll a Tank, is it my job to make sure I grab aggro of everyone? Yes

OP - Yes. Let's even pretend healing pets is a hard job with the 90% aoe dmg reduction..
    If I roll a pet class, is it my job to manage and maintain that pet as a priority to upkeep my classes performance? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's pets are dying nowadays?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I play holy paladin. The only time I heal pets is when I happen to notice them almost dead the healing will bounce to the tank anyway. But even then im more likely to denounce, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Who's pets are dying nowadays?
    Hunter bads who leave taunt on

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    As a warlock, I expect healers to heal my pet. Keeping a pet alive is as much a healers job as the owners. Other players are prioritized over pets, but when no one is in need of healing and I see pets dying, the healers ain't doing their job.
    The last time a healer in my guild refused not to heal pets, I gave him the option to either not raid with us, or to come and also heal pets. His decision was quickly made, hehe.
    My decision would have been not raiding with you. I heal, I don't make up for the laziness of other people.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vejovis View Post
    I say no. I'm also a healer but I don't have the pets in my raidframes and don't want them there either.
    If they want to bring pets - fine... just don't expect my mana to go their way.
    Well then expect to lose a good darn 5% crit, mastery or w/e the pet has to offer because you couldn't waste 1% mana throughout the whole raid encounter to keep him up. Basically you just made your group lose loads of DPS.

Deleted
    Heal pets!

Deleted
    No, every class that has a pet has tools to manage their health. When I'm healing I might throw out a heal to a pet here or there if there is absolutely no one else to heal.