Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Oh, we're counting bad guys as well? Yeah, Azshara is a lot stronger than Khadgar.
    Since the thread is labelled the most powerful class characters ingame I assumed so ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Best living warrior is Saurfang hes fought and survived 6 wars.

The Draenei/Orc War

The First War

The Second War

The Third War

The Second War of the Shifting Sands

The Scourge War
    Silly meme's aside, Varian will beat the crap out of Saurfang right now. With the way he's ancient-supercharged I wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses all the other significant warriors (Lothar, Orgrim, Demon-powered Grom) in terms of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Methias View Post
    See.. This I can agree with xD. I'm just an argumentative bastard, sorry if I irritated ya xD. But yeah, I'm leaning towards Garona for Rogues. There really isn't much to pick from, which is why I think Vancleef got his name on the T9 rogue (Horde) set.
    you didn't anger me, constellation did by twisting my arguments into something I didn't say or intend to say lol

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Silly meme's aside, Varian will beat the crap out of Saurfang right now. With the way he's ancient-supercharged I wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses all the other significant warriors (Lothar, Orgrim, Demon-powered Grom) in terms of power.
    demon grom killed cenarius. cenarius is stronger than goldrinn. so I'd say wolf (goldrinn power + varian) is probably around the same level as demon grom (demon power + grom)
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-21 at 10:22 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    To clear this whole mess about Rogues up....

Rogue is a nebulous class with a rather broad distinction, the biggest of which being "The ability to hide" (Warriors are in a similar boat-- aren't we all Warriors in a sense?)

Depending on the use of that definition, the most powerful Rogue would easily be Maiev Shadowsong.

Why?

Maiev Shadowsong has outlived every other candidate by millenia. She has shown drive, devotion, and has amassed a personal, cultishly dedicated army. Within hours of her release, having been captured in Outland for the better part of a decade (and presumably afforded ill opportunity to train physically for the event), she became a, if not the liberator of Outland alongside Akama. Were it not for her cunning, Illidan would likely have been impossible to overpower.

But the obvious parallel to draw here is Akama, who did mastermind the entire duplicity. However, he is somewhat more akin to a Shaman/Rogue hybrid, considering his use of Feral Spirits and Chain Lightning in addition to stealth and weapon venoms.

As for my other classes...

Mage: Kalecgos, as the only recently dethroned Aspect of Magic is without-a-doubt the most powerful (now) mortal magic user. This does not necessarily mean that he would go so far to use it. Y'know, with great power comes great etcetera.

Priest: Velen, the Immortal Prophet and, well, to be honest, the greatest hope for morality.

Warlock: Warlock is difficult. Warlock typically means evil, and evil more often than not means loot pinata. Within the realm of mortals, the distinction becomes more difficult. To take the easy way out, I would presume a member of the Council of the Black Harvest. 5.2 developments indicate Kanrethad, specifically. Meryl Felstorm is a special case, as he is actively possessed by a demon.

Druid: Archmage Malfurion Stormrage. Really, not likely up for debate. I mean, of the list of candidates, which one didn't get their face melted off?

Rogue: Covered (TL;DR, Maiev)

Monk: The point raised is rather valid. It is either Taran Zhu or Chen Stormstout, but it is difficult to predict which. To put it in a fair light, one is a 'windwalker' and the other is a 'brewmaster'. They may very well both be equally skilled, merely in different styles.

Shaman: Ugh. Can we skip this one? Fine. Thrall.

Hunter: Hunter is another class with a rather nebulous definition, and all known 'hunters' are either multi-class (Rexxar, Tyrande) or more befitting of the title Ranger. I'm just gonna take the safe road and say Fargo Flintlocke.

Warrior: ... Another class with identity issues? Hmph. From a purely warrior-esque point of view, with minimal multi-classing, the answer is obviously Varian Wrynn or Garrosh Hellscream. However, Varian has bested Garrosh multiple times in single combat through the (Cry out in disgust in unison with me, boys and girls) novels. Hence... Varian Wrynn. Also, all that 'possessed by a wolf god' stuff might not fly, so Garrosh should probably just prepare an acceptance speech anyway when that title gets Lance Armstrong'd the hell away from Big V.

Paladin: Despite his inability to find his racial trinket for upwards of eleven minutes, standing in an obvious boss mechanic in the first seconds of the encounter and being generally worthless, Tirion Fordring really took the cake when he showed off Ret burst by 1-shotting the Lich King.

Death Knight: For now, Darion Morgraine can be confirmed. However... If Blizzard ever decides to show us what's been happening to Koltira Darkweaver in the bowels of the Undercity, we may have some very new light shed on the situation (and by that I mean, T16 SOO loot pinata)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goldrinn blessing just gave Varian extra stamina he wasn't any stronger or a better fighter and he hasn't shown the same abilities since.

Saurfang has more combat experience than any living mortal and has fought on the front lines in 6 wars; He has strength and experience on his side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Mage:
    Currently active in stories Jaina Proudmoore

Top Lore Mages
    Aegwynn - she is by far the most powerful Mortal Mage ever in Warcraft lore, and mother of Medivh. She most likely is dead, but ...
    Queen Azshara - She is now a Demi-God, but she started out as a Mage.
    Khadgar of Dalaran - he is amongst the most powerful Human mages ever, and now works directly with the Naaru holding back the Burning Legion.
    Rhonin - Not only a powerhouse mage, but a true hero. He is also a lot more powerful than Jaina, but he is retired with his wife now.
    Krasus - He is both a Red Dragon and a Achmage of the Kirin Tor, he is only slightly more powerful than his best friend Rhonin.
    Medivh - Had All the power of his mother and the power of Sargeras, he was the one that brought the first Horde to Azeroth.
    Illidan Stormrage (now a demon hunter) - Powerful Mage, one of the greatest Night Elf Mages, during the War of the Ancients he took the power of the demons into himself, to use it to fight them, He also made it possible for the sun well to exist. Possibly the greatest example of the Ends Justify the means in any character in fiction.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider (specifically a blood mage) - He was possibly one of the Greatest High Elf Mages, and their leader. He has died in Lore and resurrected, he is definitely powerful and worthy of being mentioned in this list.
    Lord Victor Nefarius - Black Dragon and eldest son of Deathwing, good thing he is dead.

I'd support Velen as most powerful priest. He's been the leader of what is probably the most zealous, light-wise, race for 3000 years and has such a strong connection to the light that he can see the future.
    Last edited by Tonyman64; 2013-01-21 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Goldrinn blessing just gave Varian extra stamina he wasn't any stronger or a better fighter and he hasn't shown the same abilities since.

Saurfang has more combat experience than any living mortal and has fought on the front lines in 6 wars; He has strength and experience on his side.
    It's like Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield right now fighting -any- current heavyweight boxing champions. Saurfang, bless his achievement's, but he's worn out. There's a reason he's not taking the front lines against Garrosh right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    I'd support Velen as most powerful mage. He's been the leader of what is probably the most zealous, light-wise, race for 3000 years and has such a strong connection to the light that he can see the future.
    except that velen is a priest lol

I'd have to say Broxigar for strongest Warrior being the only mortal to ever wound Sargeras.

Wouldnt rogue be Wrathion?

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Monk: The point raised is rather valid. It is either Taran Zhu or Chen Stormstout, but it is difficult to predict which. To put it in a fair light, one is a 'windwalker' and the other is a 'brewmaster'. They may very well both be equally skilled, merely in different styles.
    I'm sort of thorn on this. I tried searching for zhu's class on WoWhead, but it seems none of his incarnations in-game use any sort of ability, except for the one in the dungeon, who only uses sha abilities. I might have missed one, but I'll not search for it again lol

do you have any source that indicates taran zhu's class? all I remember him doing was dispelling nazgrim and the pink haired night elf guy when they got infected by sha, and I don't remember how that dispell skill looked like. besides, do yo have anything on his spec or his "probable spec"?

(I'm not doubting you, I'm genuinely curious about all of this )

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    rogues don't shoot lazors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I'd have to say Broxigar for strongest Warrior being the only mortal to ever wound Sargeras.
    It was because he had the Axe of Cenarius. Not saying that's a bad thing, you'd have to have one huge set of balls to go and attack the lord of the burning legion.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

True but considering he did it from on top of a mountain of dead demons on their homeworld I cant really think of any other character from warcraft lore that would fit for most badass warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methias View Post
    Good to know that Ragnaros was stronger in Molten Core than he was in Firelands, because he was defeated by 40 nobodies in MC, but only 25 in Firelands!
    That doesn't count because rag is allot more powerful in firelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield right now fighting -any- current heavyweight boxing champions. Saurfang, bless his achievement's, but he's worn out. There's a reason he's not taking the front lines against Garrosh right now.
    Boxing =/= armored combat old boxers cant fight because there brains cant take the punishment anymore an average person could knock out Ali with one punch now because all the years of punishment.

Saurfang was old when he fought the Second War of the Shifting Sands and the Scourge War it didn't slow him down. His problem is his grief but time heals all wounds we haven't seen the last of Saurfang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im listing the Characters that are alive atm:

shaman - Thrall
    Priest - Velen
    Mage - Queen Aszhara (even though shes basicly a demi -god by now) so Kalec or Jaina
    Warrior - Garrosh hellscream (Soon to be even more) or Varian Wrynn
    Paladin - Tirion (possibly Turalyon)
    DK - Darion
    Warlock - No idea tbh
    Druid - Malfurion
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-21 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    We don't know what Class Wrathion will end up being trained as, Remember he is two years old right now. It is safe to assume that when he matures he will be top of his chosen field. Same goes with Anduin Wrynn, you just know he is going to be something one day.

All Time Best

Druid=Malfurion
    Warlock=Gul'Dan
    Mage=Medivh
    Hunter=Alleria
    Rogue=Valeera
    Warrior= Varian
    Shaman= Ner'Zul
    Monk=
    Paladin= ASHBRINGER
    Priest=Velen
    Death Knight=Lich King - Bolvar

Currently Alive

Druid=Malfurion
    Warlock= Kanrethad
    Mage=Khadgar
    Hunter=Vereesa
    Rogue=Maiev
    Warrior= Varian
    Shaman= Thrall
    Monk=
    Paladin= Tirion
    Priest= Velen
    Death Knight= Darion
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2013-01-21 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    except that velen is a priest lol
    Mistyped, I corrected it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.