[Prot] Instant Consecration damage?

I tank for my guild on my prot pally. I've noticed myself, and have read on the forums occasionally, that prot pallies seem to be lacking in a decent snap AoE aggro method. I know we have Holy Wrath and Light's Hammer for CDs, but lets say I am chain pulling in heroics and those are on CD, and HoR has such a small range that my next AoE aggro-generator is Consecration. Now I realize that it is getting a significant buff to damage in 5.2, but why doesn't its damage tic right away? I was playing around on my DK tanking and DnD does the damage right away and just feels like it gains aggro better than Consecration. It just seems like if consecration did its initial tic right when cast it would be so much nicer....or am I just crazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Talent Holy Prism and cast it on yourself. Between that, Holy Wrath and HotR you should be fine while you wait on consecrate to tick. I don't think it should be necessary though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked DnD was a high-threat skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Judist View Post
    Talent Holy Prism and cast it on yourself. Between that, Holy Wrath and HotR you should be fine while you wait on consecrate to tick. I don't think it should be necessary though.
    See I was wondering about that, but when I brought it up to my guildie he laughed at me like I was crazy. But yeah, it's not that big of a deal I guess I was more wondering why DnD did its damage immediately while Consecration's was delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Last I checked DnD was a high-threat skill.
    This was removed. It no longer is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algroda View Post
    This was removed. It no longer is.
    Yep, removed. :S