Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    The Vengeance changes are huge when it comes to soloing things like LK. You will probably end up with 40k vengeance where you used to have 80k (aka lots of adds during transitions).

That being said, it's not like the fight will become hard, especially with the number tuning to come pretty soon and the new available gear.
    How's that possible? I had read that the vengeance would have been limited to 33% of the tank hp in 10-man raids, and 50% in 25-man raids. Is there also a change in how fast vengeance is gained or in low vengeance scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    How's that possible? I had read that the vengeance would have been limited to 33% of the tank hp in 10-man raids, and 50% in 25-man raids. Is there also a change in how fast vengeance is gained or in low vengeance scenarios?
    Yes there is a new change. Check out mmo-champion front page.

edit: Here's what it says:

Vengeance has received several changes.
    Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%).
    Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before).
    There are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.
    Last edited by Mojodot; 2013-08-03 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    This is a violent nerf Oo

1) 17% less vengeance.
    2) No vengeance from ground aoe, that's totally legit.
    3) No vengeance from missed attacks. That's pretty much a LK 25HM-only nerf. IIRC raid bosses can't miss you and lvl 92 mobs barely can.
    4) DR on multiple target vengeance. That's sick. I'm more worried about tanking Challenge Mode than LK 25HM, though. CM are still current content and that may have a huge impact there.

3) No vengeance from missed attacks. That's pretty much a LK 25HM-only nerf. IIRC raid bosses can't miss you and lvl 92 mobs barely can.
    92 can't, only 91 and lower. It's probably intended to fix how much more vengeance we get from dual-wielding mobs compared to their damage output, particularly tanks with high avoidance (where the DW miss penalty can cut their damage practically in half while still giving full vengeance).

As far as soloing goes, it's really only going to affect the rare cataclysm boss with 87 mobs or a miss debuff, think Halfus. Lower level bosses shouldn't be affected much*, so no worries.

*Mobs 86 and lower already gave no vengeance on dodge/miss/parry, so hopefully they'll fix that bug at some point and it'll end up being a buff in that scenario .

Deleted
    Sorry for this being a little off topic. I'm extremely casual at the moment however all I really do is solo content etc. I'm currently doing it on my Blood DK which is only just gotten to ilvl 500. If these vengeance nerfs etc go ahead, am I still safe soloing lk etc on my DK or would I be better off rolling onto one of my other classes? I have a 504 Monk, 497 Paladin (Ret) and a 502 Hunter... Finding it pretty easy to solo on the DK thus far but again i'm not sure how hard it's going to hit? I do love my dps also and I do casually raid + lfr/challenge modes etc...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I hadn't heard of the Vengeance changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Sorry for this being a little off topic. I'm extremely casual at the moment however all I really do is solo content etc. I'm currently doing it on my Blood DK which is only just gotten to ilvl 500. If these vengeance nerfs etc go ahead, am I still safe soloing lk etc on my DK or would I be better off rolling onto one of my other classes? I have a 504 Monk, 497 Paladin (Ret) and a 502 Hunter... Finding it pretty easy to solo on the DK thus far but again i'm not sure how hard it's going to hit? I do love my dps also and I do casually raid + lfr/challenge modes etc...
    Paladins are being hit much harder by this nerf (unless the Grand Crusader change balances it out), and monks/hunters were never great at doing LK 25H anyways. Stick to your DK.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-08-03 at 08:35 PM.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and this is a bug/oversight, idk. Not like it particularly matters anyway.
    It's extremely annoying against Domo, particularly when you're rocking ~75% dodge/miss.

Though it'd be pretty hilarious to just get 2-300k vengeance from him constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Paladins are being hit much harder by this nerf (unless the Grand Crusader change balances it out), and monks/hunters were never great at doing LK 25H anyways. Stick to your DK.
    Monks need more gear than DKs and Prot Paladins but with the right gear every Monk spec can solo Heroic 25 LK. It'll be easier next patch for Mistweaver and Windwalker since they'll have access to more gear choices.

Can't speak about Hunter other than that they were the second class to solo Heroic 25 LK back in T14.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So not a solo, however I'm proud haha. 3 manned 10 man elegon tonight. me another blood dk and a disc priest. Was pretty epic. mount farm time haha

So after returning from a 4-5 month break i was wonder what i could solo with my current gear.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arandra/simple
    Those also arnt my normal gems. Just using mass stam because my guild recommended it.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Deleted
    Big nerf on Vengeance incoming in 5.4:

There were also some significant changes to Vengeance:

Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%).
    Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before).
    There are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.

Do you people think we will still be able to solo all that bosses anymore?

Deleted
    You obviously haven't read the last posts...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Some Hunter did LK 25H shortly after a BloodDK did it. About 1Day later if my knowledge is not false.
    W/o kiting in p3 you should have atleast itemlevel 530 as hunter.

Yes, but it involved him wiping 200 times. It may become easier with more gear as a hunter, but paladins and death knights can do it much more reliably.

Deleted
    Was just curious that's all. I have little time to gear myself as it is, don't want to do it on my DK only to find out I could be saving my breath doing it on a different toon.

Deleted
    Was just curious that's all. I have little time to gear myself as it is, don't want to do it on my DK only to find out I could be saving my breath doing it on a different toon.
    If you want to do it on another toon I refer you to this.

An armory would be nice. Just saying 500 ilvl doesn't tell us anything about your weapon and trinkets; the two biggest sources of damage for soloing.

Deleted
    Even if LK gets harder to do with ilvl 500 gear you're also likely to get some easy ilvl upgrades as soon as the next patch hits, so I don't think there will be much issues with LK.

10+ Year Old Account
    being a nightelf now, could any of you dks who already solod yogg25 +0 share some insight on how/where to use Shadowmeld and any pieces of advice you may have?
    I haven't had much tries tonight, but couldn't get a good timing with Shadowmeld so far.

Thanks in advance & keep it up guys
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post
    being a nightelf now, could any of you dks who already solod yogg25 +0 share some insight on how/where to use Shadowmeld and any pieces of advice you may have?
    I haven't had much tries tonight, but couldn't get a good timing with Shadowmeld so far.

Thanks in advance & keep it up guys
    You should use it at 40 stacks of sanity, at least, I used my salyin battle banner, which should work the same way except 5x longer cd at 40, dropped to 28 (while I was grabbed by a tentacle), killed the tentacle and continued, even if then I wasn't able to clear the tentacles fast enough inside the brain, so couldn't kill it yet.

Just a thing I noticed in your armory: why 4 gems which give 80 agility and 160 haste?