Deleted
    Okay, I'm looking to farm LK25HC, and I'm levelling my DK now. I have a few quick questions, though.

Is it best to go in with full dps gear and trinkets? What about set bonuses?

Is it possible to clear up to LK easily? Can I do most of it on 10man normal, then switch?

Gunship and Dreamwalker. Are they possible?

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Okay, I'm looking to farm LK25HC, and I'm levelling my DK now. I have a few quick questions, though.

Is it best to go in with full dps gear and trinkets? What about set bonuses?

Is it possible to clear up to LK easily? Can I do most of it on 10man normal, then switch?

Gunship and Dreamwalker. Are they possible?

Many thanks in advance.

We really need an update on the front page as this is asked way too often.

To your question. Go full dps gear dps trinks. As per front page it is 490ilev if you stay in transitions. about 515ish if you stand outside for the transitions. As for saves. Get an alt saved to 11/12 regardless of difficulty and then just use that save to kill Lich king. Get on saved alt invite someone to raid and promote. Have that person invite your Dk then just go in and kill LK.

Note swap to 25 outside. Zone in then swap to 25H.

Happy hunting.

Deleted
    All out DPS, the lower your gear is the more you're gonna need the dps.
    As for your other questions, yes, yes, yes and yes. You will have to have killed LK25 normal before doing him on 25HC though, or bring someone who has.

ICC lockouts got some slight tweaks in 5.3 to prevent a little-known exploit that could allow 25 separate people to kill LK 25H on the same lockout separately. Despite this though, it's still very easy to roll lockouts and get straight to LK every week with zero trouble. Here's how I do it:

*Get an alt saved to 11/12 Normal ICC. 10 or 25, doesn't matter. In my case it's my Paladin.
    *Remember to never kill LK or save yourself again to ICC on the alt. Your only goal, from this point on, is extending that 11/12 normal lockout.
    *When a new week begins, extend the lockout and convert raid setting to 25 normal. Invite a willing friend to a raid group and give them lead so they can invite your main when they switch to it.
    *Head to ICC on your main and have your friend give you leadership. Once you zone in (and only then), you should be in a 25 normal 11/12 instance. Simply set to heroic, and voila! Nothing could be easier.
    Note that if you set it to 25 Heroic before zoning in, you'll screw up the process thanks to the Blizz fix.

Good luck to everyone with mount faming.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    ICC lockouts got some slight tweaks in 5.3 to prevent a little-known exploit that could allow 25 separate people to kill LK 25H on the same lockout separately. Despite this though, it's still very easy to roll lockouts and get straight to LK every week with zero trouble. Here's how I do it:

*Get an alt saved to 11/12 Normal ICC. 10 or 25, doesn't matter. In my case it's my Paladin.
    *Remember to never kill LK or save yourself again to ICC on the alt. Your only goal, from this point on, is extending that 11/12 normal lockout.
    *When a new week begins, extend the lockout and convert raid setting to 25 normal. Invite a willing friend to a raid group and give them lead so they can invite your main when they switch to it.
    *Head to ICC on your main and have your friend give you leadership. Once you zone in (and only then), you should be in a 25 normal 11/12 instance. Simply set to heroic, and voila! Nothing could be easier.
    Note that if you set it to 25 Heroic before zoning in, you'll screw up the process thanks to the Blizz fix.

Good luck to everyone with mount faming.
    One note here. If you are having issue 1 shotting Lk25heroic its good to save your alt to 10/12. Using the mentioned strategy you go in and kill the last raid wing boss(any wing) and then take the ID at 11/12. This way you can drop group and come back any time that week to kill without forming a raid group of any sort. This is how I do it due to time constraints as my playtime is very erratic at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Just to update some tables, this dk who posted magmaw 25 hc, occu'thar 25 and halfus 25 hc on this thread with 547 item level also managed to do morchok 25, shannox 25 and majordomo 25, looks like even cataclysm final raids are becoming possible in other modes.

youtube.com/channel/UC2DdYL8DX1D5dBqCVXnF64A?feature=watch[/url]

Also, if someone doesn't know what to do with his dps gear (not sure my 534 item level is enough), I don't see a reason why yor'sahj 25 normal wouldn't be doable, it should have 90 millions (just guessing, it's 3x as much as 10) and as such it would require only 150k dps over 10 mins, I doubt the damage he does or the oozes do would be a problem, can probably take a trash group for vengeance in case. If no one does it I'll try it myself next week (saved this week).
    Yor'sahj 25 normal I killed a long time ago in a 528 gear and 530 weapons, so I did not shoot the video, if I could kill him in heroic mode, I certainly will do video)
    Last edited by inssane; 2013-08-26 at 12:17 PM.

Can we update the first post with the couple questions that get asked every other post (can I do heroic LK in X-i level, how to do Valithria, Gunship, how to make an LK lockout, etc.) I like helping out as much as the next guy but these and the accompanying answers are pretty much the only posts we get anymore.

Deleted
    Shall i go for full DPS gear if i wanna solo Ragnaros 10 man normal or is it fine with tanking gear? I only got 489ilvl so far but i just recently dinged my DK to 90

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukllen View Post
    Shall i go for full DPS gear if i wanna solo Ragnaros 10 man normal or is it fine with tanking gear? I only got 489ilvl so far but i just recently dinged my DK to 90
    Try to equip as much DPS gear as possible, but yes, a 489 ilevel should work fine - the DPS check on that encounter is practically nonexistant (18 minute enrage timer, lol).

Deleted
    I felt like I had LK on farm quite well over the last few weeks. First time it took me about 25 attempts, next week it was 4, then 1, then 3.

But this week I've wiped 12 times on him and I have kind of given up for the week. It seems the ice spheres detonate quicker or something? My first attempt this week (which was also my best attempt) I got him to about 16% because I didn't kill the shamblers on time and they healed when I went to frostmourne, but even that time I got hit by two ice spheres. Every time after that my wipes were due to ice spheres.

As soon as I see them I mash my "/tar Ice Sphere" macro, then as soon as they are targeted I run towards them and start spamming Rune Strike. This has worked for me so far, but for some reason it doesn't work perfectly this week (note, it mostly works, but not always).

Is this something that changed or did I just mess up?

Could anyone please give me some key advices for solo Firelands 10 man normal? Besides get 520+ilvl )

I went in there last night and tried to kill beth, problem was when she comes down like 20+ spiders hang from the webs and shoot at me, the boss has about 10 mil hp left, and i m preety much screwed. Gave up for the day but i want to try again.

My armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrozz/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    I felt like I had LK on farm quite well over the last few weeks. First time it took me about 25 attempts, next week it was 4, then 1, then 3.

But this week I've wiped 12 times on him and I have kind of given up for the week. It seems the ice spheres detonate quicker or something? My first attempt this week (which was also my best attempt) I got him to about 16% because I didn't kill the shamblers on time and they healed when I went to frostmourne, but even that time I got hit by two ice spheres. Every time after that my wipes were due to ice spheres.

As soon as I see them I mash my "/tar Ice Sphere" macro, then as soon as they are targeted I run towards them and start spamming Rune Strike. This has worked for me so far, but for some reason it doesn't work perfectly this week (note, it mostly works, but not always).

I would advise against running towards Ice Spheres. Ever. Just kill them from range with DC/IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post

You need to be there the second they come down and hit them before they become active or don't bother and try to kill them via range (which can be a pain with silences). I personally turn off nameplates during the transition to see better, watch for the blue orb coming down, move towards it using a /tar ice sphere macro and rune strike it before it becomes active. They only have about 50k hp so anything you do will kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleylol View Post
    You need to be there the second they come down and hit them before they become active or don't bother and try to kill them via range (which can be a pain with silences). I personally turn off nameplates during the transition to see better, watch for the blue orb coming down, move towards it using a /tar ice sphere macro and rune strike it before it becomes active. They only have about 50k hp so anything you do will kill it.
    Or you can cheese the entire fight and just stand on the steps and soak the spheres while dpsing adds during the transition, it draws the fight out but its a guaranteed killed with 515 or higher. Only note is you will end up with 3 chamber phases which is, well boring.

I have a question for lockouts... I just (by accident) hit 10 heroic ICC and went in and got saved with every boss dead expect LK and lanathel. I did NOT kill ANY bosses so am i locked to 10 heroic and can not go to 25 heroic or am i able to still go to 25 heroic?
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    i locked to 10 heroic and can not go to 25 heroic
    ^this. Wait for the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Or you can cheese the entire fight and just stand on the steps and soak the spheres while dpsing adds during the transition, it draws the fight out but its a guaranteed killed with 515 or higher. Only note is you will end up with 3 chamber phases which is, well boring.
    I can guarantee a kill as well by playing smarter and not cheesing mechanics :| I'd rather kill him in 8 minutes than 13-14 any day anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syro View Post
    Could anyone please give me some key advices for solo Firelands 10 man normal? Besides get 520+ilvl )

I went in there last night and tried to kill beth, problem was when she comes down like 20+ spiders hang from the webs and shoot at me, the boss has about 10 mil hp left, and i m preety much screwed. Gave up for the day but i want to try again.

My armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrozz/advanced
    If the boss has that much HP when it goes down it's because you have too low DPS. Don't use any tanking gear at all, boss will always climb down around 5-10% HP, which you can finish off before icebound fortitude drops off. You should never reach the 3rd smoldering devastation.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Gone back a few pages and didn't see anything on the subject. How do you think the vengeance changes will influence solo'ing HM LK come 5.4? Paladins have gone from 505ish as the minimum ilevel to closer to 535, anyone had the chance to check to see how DKs are looking?

Cheers.
    Paladins had a min ilvl of ~490 to solo heroic 25 LK, dunno where you're getting your numbers from. As for the Vengeance changes the only thing that will happen is that you won't be able to cheese Vengeance and kill LK in 5-7 minutes solo now. Course it won't matter since the gear obtainable in 5.4 is so strong that you don't even need Vengeance to kill LK.

Edit: Hrm, forgot to consider that Paladin's self-healing is Vengeance based more than anything. Not the case with Death Knights though so min ilvl shouldn't change too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I honestly don't think it'll change shit for us ilvl wise, we get a pretty nice buff through SoB on these kind of low level encounters, and vengeance.... well, let's say it without sounding too annoyed at the current tank balance, but one of the bonuses of not having good vengeance scaling is that we're also barely affected by the vengeance nerf.

Doubt it changes much, outside of speedkills relying on AotD damage so much for the final transition.
    Meh, instead of turning our backs to the adds we just face them and parry haste down the boss instead