Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    At the moment I'm only rolling around with a level 86 Blood DK in some mixed Pandaria greens and blues for that level, but I've decided to start soloing BC and Wrath content. I can probably handle BC raids alone no problem, and Wrath heroics seem to be sneezing damage at me, but I've yet to run into any raids. Any suggestions on where to start first? And yes, I do plan on still leveling and gearing on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    At the moment I'm only rolling around with a level 86 Blood DK in some mixed Pandaria greens and blues for that level, but I've decided to start soloing BC and Wrath content. I can probably handle BC raids alone no problem, and Wrath heroics seem to be sneezing damage at me, but I've yet to run into any raids. Any suggestions on where to start first? And yes, I do plan on still leveling and gearing on the side.
    I'd say naxxramas/ulduar10m, just keep in mind that soloing is still fine on 86 (and 87) but from 88 to 90 your ratings will suffer a lot and thus your dps will go down drastically until you ding 90 and geared up abit again.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Is there anyone (cough mione cough,) that would mind pm'ing me the method of getting the Plague Scientists up to the Frozen Throne? I've been putting in a ton of attempts on heroic Lk with a 512 i-level (493 shinka ughhhh,) but can never do enough damage. How exactly do y'all handle the damage on the transition phases btw? I get annihilated by the damage from Remorseless Winter and have trouble keeping up with Frost Orbs since I get silenced a ton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Is there anyone (cough mione cough,) that would mind pm'ing me the method of getting the Plague Scientists up to the Frozen Throne? I've been putting in a ton of attempts on heroic Lk with a 512 i-level (493 shinka ughhhh,) but can never do enough damage. How exactly do y'all handle the damage on the transition phases btw? I get annihilated by the damage from Remorseless Winter and have trouble keeping up with Frost Orbs since I get silenced a ton.
    Don't think you can get the Scientist up there anymore.
    But for the transition, just Deathstrike on the boss, it really should be enough. If it isn't, minor CD's should be enough. For the Frost orbs, just run in small circles around him and BB when you aren't silenced. 1-2 BB's should be enough to kill the orbs

I dont think you can bug a scientist up there anymore, could be wrong though.

I used to have trouble standing and dpsing LK during the transitions also but manage to survive now using Icebound Fortitude, AMS and other CDs, to make the orbs easier I put down a Death & Decay as soon as the 1st one spawns and kill em off with blood boil. To avoid the silence I use AMS soon after the 1st orb has spawned. Just make sure to use all your defensive CDs during the transition phase.

I'm at around 510 ilvl myself @ dps gear although I have a 522 weapon. Still I think you'd be able to do it, get Drums of Forgotten Kings, STR pots, STR flasks and STR food to increase your dps. And make sure you utilize DRW+Soul Reaper in the final phase, it does a lot of dmg. You should be able to survive Enrage for a few % if you save your defensive cds for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Don't think you can get the Scientist up there anymore.
    But for the transition, just Deathstrike on the boss, it really should be enough. If it isn't, minor CD's should be enough. For the Frost orbs, just run in small circles around him and BB when you aren't silenced. 1-2 BB's should be enough to kill the orbs
    My main problem occurs when I fail to kill and orb on time, as I usually end up getting overwhelmed and can't catch up. Thanks for the tips though, I'll make sure to set up some sort of CD rotation for Remorseless so that even if I get silenced, I'll have something keeping me up.

Also, I haven't seen mention of this anywhere, but has anyone attempted to do Flame Leviathan on 10 man without vehicles? I've been dying to try it and put in a bunch of attempts yesterday. Killed the trash myself too which was easy, but a ton of fun! The fight didn't go very well, as Flame Leviathan is apparently immune to diseases

I did the most damage (got him to around 65%,) by popping CDs and eating most of the early battering rams, but the damage stacks up immensely fast because of the stacking debuff that FL applies. It's pretty easy to kite FL, as he's out runnable solely with Death's Advance prior to about 4:00 into the encounter, but after that I relied on him fixating Bloodworms or a stray Ghoul to drop my stacks. I couldn't really keep up with the damage after around 4:45 however, as FL's Attack Speed and Move Speed are remarkably faster at this point in the encounter. Given that I'm not the best solo'er by any means I think this is definitely doable in better gear (I used my DPS set,) and by someone more skilled than I am. All in all it was an absolute blast to attempt, which is why solo things in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro88 View Post
    Do you think Sha of Anger will be soloable in next expansion set? Need that mount
    Doubt it since Sha of Anger, unlike other raid bosses, can MC his primary aggro target. Oondasta probably won't be soloed either but I can see a Blood DK by the end of MoP soloing Galleon and Nalak unless they have some sort of enrage timer I don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Right BWD is indeed correct. Ill have to check and see i have a number of ones to do but prob best to get in a pug achieve run.

Also how far can i get in soloing you think at 506? Looking to give LK a kicking and his mates while i farm frags fro shadowmourne.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rage/Aventhos/
    Shouldn't be too bad. A few wipes getting used to the fight. You're geared similarly to my DK but the weapon you have should make up for still using Relic. If you can, get a Feather as it's an amazing trinket.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    512 ilevel is much more than enough - you should stack Vengeance via Infest if you're having DPS problems. But for survival, as someone above said just use your smaller cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Doubt it since Sha of Anger, unlike other raid bosses, can MC his primary aggro target. Oondasta probably won't be soloed either but I can see a Blood DK by the end of MoP soloing Galleon and Nalak unless they have some sort of enrage timer I don't know about.
    I got Galleon down to 88% the other night on a whim. With the right preparation and the right gear, I'm sure we'll see Mione knock this out once she's got some gear from SoO

Transitions were my problem too, here's what I did, maybe it helps you!

I made a macro to cast a death coil at ice spheres - I tried to BB them, tried an icy touch macro and tried a deathcoil macro, and deathcoil seems to work best for me. IT doesnt kill them in 1 cast, and both IT and BB cost runes I rather use on other things. It's easy to get RP in transition (ams) and all you lose are a couple of rune strikes, and the dps loss of that is easily negated by being able to whack on LK full duration without ever having to run away from something.
    As soon as the first raging spirit spawned, I use ams, gets me full RP, no silence for 5s, when that expires I use vamp blood, when that expires icebound - and you should be into next phase by then pretty much!

I seem to get better at keeping shamblers alive too, managed to still have one up when 2nd transition started

edit: keeping shambler(s) alive during phase 2 is a big increase in damage so try to avoid using BB, I only use it when I get a free proc & I am low on RP, I deliberatly avoid aoe. I guess if you use RE you could even game a B rune to always get runes for DS back, I'm using RC though. But apart from heart strikes I avoid all aoe I can avoid.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2013-04-18 at 10:14 PM.
    My DK

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I do HLK I just abuse vengeance. As your gear gets better you really don't need to do it though.

For transition phases DnD and a couple blood boils always takes care of the orbs for me. LK hitbox is big, if you get silenced just dance around the inner circle until you can safely kill the orb. You can also AMS the silence if that's a problem.

Abit off topic but... my luck is through the roof, after invincible 3 days ago, now I just went onyxia and mount drops.
    I say in gchat "guess I should do kael'thas too", so go there, and yeah guess what, ashes dropped too.

And yes im the same guy who said he's never lucky with mounts, well, gg blizzard, you sure made up for it!
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I got Galleon down to 88% the other night on a whim. With the right preparation and the right gear, I'm sure we'll see Mione knock this out once she's got some gear from SoO
    Not bad indeed, 88% is like more than 32 million damage, I wonder how you survived the adds though.

I used my fail tank gear (item level 498...) without buffs as I knew it was a suicide, survived 1 min and 10, which is basically when adds start pulling me. Raegwyn said it would be soloable already, I assume this should be a joke, right? Because he hits 220-320k when not counting the absorb and atm you just can't put out enough self healing, even with 800k hp by using BIS tank gear with full hp buffs, and even if you can, the adds do additional damage, or did anyone have better attempts which would suggest he'd be doable with TOT heroic tank gear?

Btw, had really fail groups killing him in 14 mins in one of all the kills I did, so if you outheal him and the adds, you can solo him IMO, there shouldn't be an enrage.

A lot of you are mentioning DPS gear, is it absolutely a must have in order to solo stuff like LK 25 hc? Or do you think tank gear will be just fine?

Big 2 on my mind:

ZA bear run --> I've seen people attest that it is possible as blood in dps gear (survivability not issue, time more so)

OS 25 3d --> Have definitely heard 1d, rumors of 2D. Anyone have insights on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Depends on your ilvl.

DPS gear is better, survivability is mostly a non-issue on this fight aside from the first transition. If your ilvl is high enough it won't matter much whether you're in DPS or tank gear though.
    Allright, cheers for the fast response! My guild is casual so I don't have access to heroic gear, I have mix of normal and LFR gear with still quite a few upgrades to go. Would 515ilvl-ish with haste/crit reforges be good enough?

More than enough, I think the lowest recorded kill in this thread was around 48X ilvl.
    Oh that's awesome, thanks again!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    More than enough, I think the lowest recorded kill in this thread was around 48X ilvl.
    ha, I wasn't aware that it had gone that low. Why is the listed ilevel 500+ then? Maybe 490+ instead?

Do you think Halion 25H is doable?

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 03:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    Big 2 on my mind:

ZA bear run --> I've seen people attest that it is possible as blood in dps gear (survivability not issue, time more so)

OS 25 3d --> Have definitely heard 1d, rumors of 2D. Anyone have insights on this one?
    Yeah, it's definitely possible.

OS 25 + 2 was doable in Cata. 3D requires 490+ gear I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    ha, I wasn't aware that it had gone that low. Why is the listed ilevel 500+ then? Maybe 490+ instead?

Do you think Halion 25H is doable?

In any case, doing LK 25 heroic with anything less than 500 will get you to the limits and force you to get so many risks in the transitions that I wouldn't suggest it; notice mionelol's kill, 506 full dps gear with full dps buffs, did some damage to lk in the transitions, and still had to do the last 3 millions in enrage, I personally couldn't do it with 506 and waited till 510, but in short, it becomes way harder with even less than 500. Halion 25 heroic not sure, I saw someone in this thread who linked his normal kill a few days ago, not sure if the item level is enough yet for the enrage, but 45 mil vs 58, if it's not doable it won't be that far.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 03:17 AM ----------

Yeah, it's definitely possible.

OS 25 + 2 was doable in Cata. 3D requires 490+ gear I believe.
    No doubt, here's my 2d kill in cata with mop prepatch (5.0.4), good times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_Lg8Kpbsg .

About 3d yes, probably even more than 490 from what I read, 500-505 and as frost because you don't get enough vengeance as blood.

Here's the one who did it, was using 505 as I remembered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-cnSG4Fj9M .
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2013-04-19 at 05:24 AM.

Mione, how did you end up soloing conclave without the bug? When I try it as blood I don't have the dps to get Anshal down and anytime i hop platforms with Anshal still alive the fight just resets on me by the time I land or right after. I'm 512 ilvl w/522 weapon and no dps tier bonuses. Is it just a matter of waiting for more gear to come my way or just my skill level?