Page 6 of 260 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Not a raid boss, but im sure some heroic bosses can be solo'd..

Got Ook Ook (stormstout brewery hc) down to 5% before i died to him with a rather poor 466 tank set..

Also, i do notice that nobody else has posted anything about any heroic bosses they have solo'd or heroic dungeons of current tier they have taken down.
    should be able to do almost all of them. some might have skills or something that make them a little complicated

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    should be able to do almost all of them. some might have skills or something that make them a little complicated
    Meh not really. I soloed every single heroic boss EXPECT General Pal'valak or something in siege of nizuao temple.
    Aka 3rd boss
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Meh not really. I soloed every single heroic boss EXPECT General Pal'valak or something in siege of nizuao temple.
    Aka 3rd boss
    TIL almost all of them doesn't mean all of them - 1

I cant get Festergut 25n down :/ AMS stack resetting only worked once for me, tried like 6 times today. Am I missing something here? Does it require specific timing?

I've been struggling with magmaw 10H recently. Any suggestions? Seems like I just fall behind killing the constructs and them plus the boss hit pretty hard.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    I cant get Festergut 25n down :/ AMS stack resetting only worked once for me, tried like 6 times today. Am I missing something here? Does it require specific timing?
    If I had to guess, it works like al akir's. You time it when the stack increases and then it just drops off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    If I had to guess, it works like al akir's. You time it when the stack increases and then it just drops off.
    Ugh, that's going to be a massive pain to pull off without WotLK DBM :S Thanks though.

Ugh, that's going to be a massive pain to pull off without WotLK DBM :S Thanks though.
    You know you can still download these old DBM right? Check out Curse website.

I know the pain, I keep forgetting to do it. And every time I start ICC I remember that I was supposed to download it mid-fight.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I know the pain, I keep forgetting to do it. And every time I start ICC I remember that I was supposed to download it mid-fight.
    Especially considering all trash instarespawns on wipe too >.> Only need to time it right twice, but meh, downloaded it anyways for a few minutes. Here goes!

Especially considering all trash instarespawns on wipe too >.> Only need to time it right twice, but meh, downloaded it anyways for a few minutes. Here goes!
    Lol good luck. I just cleared 7/12 on 25m but only got 4 shards lol, LK25 I'm coming for you *shakes fist*
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Especially considering all trash instarespawns on wipe too >.>
    I'm guessing you weren't in a raid group? Even though you don't need to be anymore, it's still a good idea to have someone in the group to prevent it from resetting.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Lol good luck. I just cleared 7/12 on 25m but only got 4 shards lol, LK25 I'm coming for you *shakes fist*
    Thanks, wasnt even a minor problem this time xD Got my Shadow's Edge *yay*
    Cba with the rest though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    I'm guessing you weren't in a raid group? Even though you don't need to be anymore, it's still a good idea to have someone in the group to prevent it from resetting.
    Yeah, I know, I didnt really expect to wipe

I am finally able to put time aside to get my death knight from 85 to 90, and as such, I have been sitting down with my death knight while carefully going through the initial post in this thread. Using Blood for leveling can make the process really fast, no? Especially if one has one of the blue bind on account weapons from Dread Wastes. Anyhow, I'd like to give some constructive feedback.

In the gameplay section you mention in brief how one is supposed to go about handling a typical boss encounter with the abilities at hand. After reading this section, I noticed that I still don't have any abilites to spend blood runes on, but assume it is Heart Strike? It still would be nice to have it covered, though. Furthermore, if you have some tips and tricks, this could be a nice place to cover it. For example, when is the optimal time to pop Death Pact? If the ghoul is about to die and one were to use Death Pact, will it still heal for 50% of maximum health despite the ghoul taking less than 50%? Things like this.

In the talent section you mention there are some situational talents. This may or may not be more obvious for me later on when I get to know the talents better, but wouldn't it be nice with a paragraph discussing which situation these talents would excel? Or maybe you want to have it the way it currently is to encourge us to figure this out ourselves? I know I like figuring things out myself. I think both are valid arguments.

In the gear section you don't mention anything about glyphs or gems. Are there any particular glyphs you recommend? If not, then I understand why you exclude it. Regarding gemming, the vast majority of us probably don't have the money or desire to change all the gems on a regular basis. Gemming doesn't have a considerable influence on the outcome of boss encounters, especially not as long as one has the sockets filled. On the hardest bosses you're facing solo, the gemming could potentially be the deciding factor in whether you win or lose. If the person in question is at that level, he or she will likely be able to decide the gemming themselves. Heh, I don't know for sure why you decided to leave glyphs and gems out, but with the speculation presented I can understand why you did.

Lastly, what I am very impressed by is how you are able to keep the guide so incredibly short, while still having a ton of information in it, pretty much everything one needs to know! Very few are able to do this. I would also like to sincerely thank you for all the effort you've put into creating and maintaining all of these guides. Not only does it convey a lot of useful information for anyone who would like to enter the soloing aspect of the game, but it also brings the soloing community together!

Edit: Boy, that turned out to be longer than I expected. I can safely say that I'm not one of those who have the ability to keep myself short like you do, Mione.

Deleted
    yay managed to kill ultrax thx to nozdormu for the last 600k heal xD
    but no mount for me

and thanks for the help, the lichborne self heal was insane and i also did alot more dmg, avg dmg when boss was dead 112k and 150k burst dmg
    i think i could do better but i was just watching my healthbar
    Last edited by mmoc5fe1218526; 2013-02-02 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    snip
    Not Mione but:

1. Blood Runes have 4 uses: Rune Tap, Heartstrike, Blood Boil and Soul Reaper. Use them as needed, though I try to make sure I have 1 Blood Rune active at any time in case I need RP or the heal.

2. Death Pact
    Drain vitality from an undead minion, healing the Death Knight for 50% of his maximum health and causing the minion to suffer damage equal to 50% of its maximum health.
    You always get healed for 50% of your max health; the damage done to your ghoul from this ability can kill the ghoul since it does damage equivalent to max health, not current health.

3. Might have a point with the talents but as was said in the previous thread, the few fights that different talents are useful are are fairly inconsequential at 90 with raid gear. Bloodlord Mandokir is the only fight I can think of where something other than Lichborne is needed still.

4. A list of useful glyphs would be nice but kind of obvious which to pick from on a fight by fight basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    You always get healed for 50% of your max health; the damage done to your ghoul from this ability can kill the ghoul since it does damage equivalent to max health, not current health.
    I think you misunderstood me. The ghoul loses 50% of its max health, while the death knight gains 50% of max health. It is in other words like a tradeoff, right? Now, if the ghoul is about to die and one uses this ability, it will certainly finish him off, but it will cause him to lose less than 50% of his max health. While the death knight still may get 50% of hers or his max health, it's not very obvious for someone new to the death knight class or someone not very familiar with the ability or has simply never looked into it or some other reason.

3. Might have a point with the talents but as was said in the previous thread, the few fights that different talents are useful are are fairly inconsequential at 90 with raid gear. Bloodlord Mandokir is the only fight I can think of where something other than Lichborne is needed still.
    It adds completeness and prevents leaving a reader who has use for the guide wondering. Though, as I said, maybe Mione intentionally left out such an explanation to encourge people to try and figure it out themselves. Only one way to find out.

4. A list of useful glyphs would be nice but kind of obvious which to pick from on a fight by fight basis.
    Is it? Even for a new death knight? I honestly wouldn't know since I've never really looked much at them. :p Still, it adds completeness, but if it's really that obvious, then maybe Mione intentionally left it out for the same reason as above.

On another note, I can't wait to dive into soloing world! I've already done quite a bit on my druid, but it's so different how each class handles it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you misunderstood me. The ghoul loses 50% of its max health, while the death knight gains 50% of max health. It is in other words like a tradeoff, right? Now, if the ghoul is about to die and one uses this ability, it will certainly finish him off, but it will cause him to lose less than 50% of his max health. While the death knight still may get 50% of hers or his max health, it's not very obvious for someone new to the death knight class or someone not very familiar with the ability or has simply never looked into it or some other reason.
    I just tested and it heals you for 50% no matter how much the ghoul has left. Think of it as a heal. First, it heals you for 50% and then it deals 50% for the ghoul.

Is it? Even for a new death knight?
    Even if you don't have the glyph you can still read the info about it in the glyph window but if you want a list of useful soloing glyphs:

AMS - absorbs all magic to cap, not 75% to cap (might be a few fights where you shouldn't have but it's the best glyph imo)
    Vampiric Blood - get 30% bonus healing, no bonus health (When you need strong Death Strike/Lichborne healing)
    IBF - lowers IBF cd by 50%, only lasts 4 seconds (Madness Tentacles)
    Icy Touch - Icy Touch becomes an offensive dispel (Maloriak?)
    Death & Decay - Slows enemy movement speed by 50% in D&D (Kiting)
    Dark Simulacrum - Lowers the cd to 30 seconds and Dark Sim remains on target longer to catch a spell. (Hagara and Bloodlord are the two best examples I can think of)

Deleted
    Hi!
    I recently startet soloing ICC25 for the obvious reason (only 12 shards to go, yay!)

I was wondering if there is a way to dismiss the controlled plague scientist via macro.

My plan i to release the scientist, raise a ghoul and than control the scientist again. Right now i do it manually and it kinda annoys me. Is it possible to macro that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmoxx View Post
    Hi!
    I recently startet soloing ICC25 for the obvious reason (only 12 shards to go, yay!)

I was wondering if there is a way to dismiss the controlled plague scientist via macro.

My plan i to release the scientist, raise a ghoul and than control the scientist again. Right now i do it manually and it kinda annoys me. Is it possible to macro that?
    /script PetDismiss()
    /cast Raise Dead
    Try that, think it works.
    Since dks don't have a "dismiss" ability like hunters you can't use a /cast macro.