Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    I'm currently busy making my level 80 DK twink for soloing purposes!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADkey/advanced

Gear is going pretty well, I'm struggeling with a few things though;
    Maybe you can find something here: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f33/...soloing-41890/

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    On heroic you get a debuff after being hit by Hour of Twilight making the next Hour that hit you kill you (debuff lasts for 2 minutes). Not to mention you do require two people to absorb the attack or it's a wipe for the Aspects. The fight is mechanically unsoloable (as far as I know there's no item/summon or whatever that projects something that would account as a player).
    45 sec till 1st Hour, 72 mln hp = 1.6 mln dps. 1-2 more expansions.

Question:
    Sh-pan rep
    Twin's Gaze lfr
    Ji-Kun feather lfr
    What 2 are the best for solo (esp. LK25hm/Ultraxion)?

Shado-Pan and Feather are generally accepted as best DPS trinkets around, especially for someone who is only able to run LFR, so for a DPS fight such as Heroic LK25, those two would most likely be best.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    45 sec till 1st Hour, 72 mln hp = 1.6 mln dps. 1-2 more expansions.
    I think it's likely that we'll see some changes to the fight next expansion to make it more easily soloable (and for Spine as well). Most classes wouldn't be able to do it even with these changes right now, so I'm expecting that they'll go through next expansion. Till then, we'll have to wait for someone to find a bug; perhaps it'll be Jider's next project.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    I think it's likely that we'll see some changes to the fight next expansion to make it more easily soloable (and for Spine as well). Most classes wouldn't be able to do it even with these changes right now, so I'm expecting that they'll go through next expansion. Till then, we'll have to wait for someone to find a bug; perhaps it'll be Jider's next project.
    don't think they'll cater to solo heroic raids, if you 2-man it it's not much of a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yes, 2 90's is enough for Unholy. For blood you need 4-8 depending on how you do it. With 4 you need to be bitten first, and anyone else who gets bitten dies, with 8 you just bite other people.
    Not entirely correct. You can do this with 2 people so long as 1 is a lock (shaman works but is much more difficult). In order.

1)hit bloodqueen but let the lock gain agro, suggest unholy or forst presence to keep the agro down. or just dot her and wait.
    2) being second on the Agro list you will be bitten
    3) Get bitten
    4) Bite1 - bite the lock
    5) Lock dps some and dies to hellfire
    6) Lock uses SS
    7) Bite2 - bite the lock
    8) lock dps some and dies to hellfire
    9) Res lock with Raise Ally
    10) Bite3 - bite the lock
    11) DPS boss till dead.

You should be able to kill the boss and complete blood infusion this way. It is possible with a shaman too but he will find it really hard to die unless he goes in naked. In that case you use the shaman for his hero and bring a plague scientist and its easy done.
    Last edited by Aventhos; 2013-04-25 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just stand in the fire patches, if you don't spread them, you get 5-8 patches on one place and that should be enough damage to die
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Not entirely correct. You can do this with 2 people so long as 1 is a lock (shaman works but is much more difficult). In order.

1)hit bloodqueen but let the lock gain agro, suggest unholy or forst presence to keep the agro down. or just dot her and wait.
    2) being second on the Agro list you will be bitten
    3) Get bitten
    4) Bite1 - bite the lock
    5) Lock dps some and dies to hellfire
    6) Lock uses SS
    7) Bite2 - bite the lock
    8) lock dps some and dies to hellfire
    9) Res lock with Raise Ally
    10) Bite3 - bite the lock
    11) DPS boss till dead.

You should be able to kill the boss and complete blood infusion this way. It is possible with a shaman too but he will find it really hard to die unless he goes in naked. In that case you use the shaman for his hero and bring a plague scientist and its easy done.
    Actually, the boss prioritizes the second in the aggro list ONLY if that person is NOT affected by Blood Mirror. When 2-manning her she will bite her current tank first, just make sure that the second target hits/dots her to enter the aggro table as well.

You can bring either a warlock or a shaman, but keep in mind that no Swarming Shadows will spawn, she will never cast it on her current target nor on who's affected by Blood Mirror. Have the person who must be bitten multiple times tank the boss with back turned if needed, and remember to die ONLY after the DK has bitten you once. You need 3 bites and a mistake here will cost you a wipe, plus, remember you need Shadowmourne equipped during the whole fight in order to do the quest and that will cost you some precious DPS.

Deleted
    Exception of Spark of Zalandar for Heroic LK25, stacks up VERY fast so worth taking over Shado-Pan assault.

Deleted
    Tried to do Lana'thel 25m but managed to get her down to 53% before the vampire debuff wore off. Any tricks on this one other than the Plague Scientist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    Tried to do Lana'thel 25m but managed to get her down to 53% before the vampire debuff wore off. Any tricks on this one other than the Plague Scientist?
    dont get bitten in the first place. you have to stand in the wall that cuts off the exit and let your plague scientist pull the boss. as soon as he gets bitten you start to dps her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Exception of Spark of Zalandar for Heroic LK25, stacks up VERY fast so worth taking over Shado-Pan assault.
    LFR Spark > Sh-pan?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    dont get bitten in the first place. you have to stand in the wall that cuts off the exit and let your plague scientist pull the boss. as soon as he gets bitten you start to dps her.
    oooooooh... makes sense

For 25m Lana'thel, I just popped Army, stood inside the barrier that BQL puts up at the beginning of the fight, and then had my plague scientist attack her. This makes all if your AoTD Ghouls immediately pounce on her when she goes for the scientist, which makes her bite one of the ghouls. You could easily do this with the scientist taking the bite, but I've had mine die once which was kind of lame.

Also, remember to dismiss the scientist and use Raise Dead before the pull, then regain control of the scientist. Since you can't make a ghoul while the scientist is up, this lets you squeeze in a tiny bit of extra damage, which is always great on BQL. Make sure to have a macro to heal your scientists with Death Coil as well, just in case your little science buddy gets hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Actually, the boss prioritizes the second in the aggro list ONLY if that person is NOT affected by Blood Mirror. When 2-manning her she will bite her current tank first, just make sure that the second target hits/dots her to enter the aggro table as well.

You can bring either a warlock or a shaman, but keep in mind that no Swarming Shadows will spawn, she will never cast it on her current target nor on who's affected by Blood Mirror. Have the person who must be bitten multiple times tank the boss with back turned if needed, and remember to die ONLY after the DK has bitten you once. You need 3 bites and a mistake here will cost you a wipe, plus, remember you need Shadowmourne equipped during the whole fight in order to do the quest and that will cost you some precious DPS.
    A few questions then.

1) How exactly is the lock going to get agro, I assume swap out of blood and let the lock keep nuking and eventually will get agr?

2) Cant you swap out shadows edge with your current weapons and only swap once you have to bite the lock/shaman?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have anyone used the double Conversion trick for soloing? It bursts more RP but heals for twice the amount, which is nice. Could help when there are periods of much damage.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    A few questions then.

1) How exactly is the lock going to get agro, I assume swap out of blood and let the lock keep nuking and eventually will get agr?

2) Cant you swap out shadows edge with your current weapons and only swap once you have to bite the lock/shaman?
    The lock should just be the one who pulls
    You only need to have the weapon equiped when getting hit by blood mirror, and when you bite, it can be hard to remember to change wep in the heat of the battle
    Just keep in mind that the person getting biten has to die before next bite, which can be hard, since the bite debuff heals you for alot of the dmg you deal
    It is not hard to do with 4 people, it will be alot harder for each you are less

Actually, if you want someone to be bitten, this someone should pull the boss while everyone else stay far away (in the room, obviously) and do NOTHING (not even getting closer to the guy who has pulled if you're connected). The guy who has pulled will be bitten.
    I think it's because he is the only one who has any kind of threat on her. Or maybe not, I don't really understand why it works. But it works, we've done it several times.

A few questions then.

It can be a bit tricky since you MUST have had the Blood Mirror debuff for a brief second during the fight (before the bites, as I recall). Let the lock/shammy do the pull and, after you get Blood Mirror, taunt if off him/her and do the rest of the fight normally (with the brezzes). You just need to make sure that whoever's helping you doesn't steal aggro during the first crucial seconds of the fight due to the Blood Mirror and bite requirements.

I have never tried to switch weapons but I'm quite sure you MUST be equipping it during the Blood Mirror and being bitten/biting parts (after you bite someone the first time you gain a dot debuff that will stack with each sucessive bite).

First just what to say that this is a beautiful thread, and want to thank everyone for their contribution!

I'll try putting your AotD and ghoul advice to use(Previously had been attempting with the scientist taking the bite and no ghoul because of control UD).

I need some help(with BloodQueen 25man) when it comes to the proper spec/talents to be using for this. I have a pretty hard time surviving as frost(w/o the bite), and I don't seem to have the dps to take her down in blood(before enrage). I may just need to work on my cool down usage, but any further detail would be much appreciated. From what I can gather my gear should be enough to handle it at this point, my armory is below and any criticism is much appreciated. Thanks!

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Meshugga/simple
    Last edited by Songbird; 2013-04-26 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Added BloodQueen 25man