Deleted
    Did LK25H on my stream last night, made a highlight out of it if anyone is interested.
    LK25H (Stream Highlight)

Maybe a bug, maybe "grey" area, but definatly hilarious:

Clearing ICC10 for a save on my shaman/farming mount for a friend - after healing dragon I relog to my DK and run to the rogue friend who was doing the gauntlet. Just Captain Grondel was standing there so I'm like, yeah lets control undead it for sindra.

We pull sindra and suddently, boss starts spinning around nonstop, not doing a single breath or well, anything really, and dies, I read my mob abilities and come across:

Conflagration
    30 yd range
    Instant
    Requires level 1
    Sets an enemy aflame, inflicting 3000 Fire damage over 10 sec. and sending it into a state of panic. While the target is affected, the flames periodically scorch its nearby allies for 150 damage as well.

No cooldown 30y range 10s cc and works on bosses (or well, sindragosa at least!) thats even more fun as the scientist?
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Got a bunch of really awesome things done this week!

Hit up Illidan this week after getting two MH Warglaives in a row, he dropped ANOTHER Glaive this week, and it was the offhand one! No more BT soloing for me!

Since I got a bunch of normal/heroic ToT gear (still no 522/528 weapon D: ) I decided to try a bunch of encounters that I couldn't do before. Since switching to Unholy some encounters that I found too hard in Frost spec I was able to clear in Unholy.

Ended up killing Sartharion 3 Drakes on 25 man in 40 seconds, got the Twilight Drake mount! Was also able to kill Gluth on 25 pretty easily using Unholy spec as well, I feel like the burst damage from Gargoyle/Unholy Frenzy with stacking the Shadopan/Ji-Kun trinkets makes UNH put out an absolutely astounding amount of damage in a short time.

To top it all off, I was finally able to complete Earth, Wind, and Fire on 25 man, which I've been struggling with for weeks. I used a strategy that a Prot paladin used in a video I found, burn Koralon to 50% or so, pick up Emalon, get them both to 40% while running, then finish Archavon while cleaving all of them down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post

Clearing ICC10 for a save on my shaman/farming mount for a friend - after healing dragon I relog to my DK and run to the rogue friend who was doing the gauntlet. Just Captain Grondel was standing there so I'm like, yeah lets control undead it for sindra.

We pull sindra and suddently, boss starts spinning around nonstop, not doing a single breath or well, anything really, and dies, I read my mob abilities and come across:

Conflagration
    30 yd range
    Instant
    Requires level 1
    Sets an enemy aflame, inflicting 3000 Fire damage over 10 sec. and sending it into a state of panic. While the target is affected, the flames periodically scorch its nearby allies for 150 damage as well.

No cooldown 30y range 10s cc and works on bosses (or well, sindragosa at least!) thats even more fun as the scientist?
    Haha, excellent, I'll give it a try during this lock-out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Did LK25H on my stream last night, made a highlight out of it if anyone is interested.
    LK25H (Stream Highlight)
    You make it look so easy! Although it probably is at your gear level (not being forced to DPS during transitions and ~100k more HP than us non-Heroic folks). Very nice video though, no annoying music and a clean screen make it very easy to see what's going on and what you're doing.

What Rune addon do you use?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post

Conflagration
    30 yd range
    Instant
    Requires level 1

I hope they refrain from fixing this, seeing as it doesn't affect anyone else. Do you have a screenshot?

I was going to pull Valithria when I read this, I'll see if I can reset the instance and grab Captain Grondel and hopefully post a picture/video to confirm this.

Edit: Mob died while I pulled it to Putricide's room, but as far as I can tell this should work on bosses. Used it on Sister Sylvana and Captain Brandon, both of them ran around like idiots when Conflag was on them.

I apparently misread what Falagar112 said, I thought Conflag would actually straight up one-shot or kill targets over it's duration, which it indeed does not. This is a pretty cool find though, I assume the most relevant thing to do with it would be to use full dps gear/spec and perma-cc bosses while you just beat the living crap out of them.

Not sure how useful this will actually end up being though, I feel like the Plague Scientist would be much better on a number of encounters (at least at higher gear levels,) considering that most of the bosses, even on HC are pretty much just vengeance dispensers.
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2013-04-28 at 12:06 AM.

I couldn't find anything about achievments on page1 if it's soloable as well, i'm just curious. Can anyone confirm if it's possible to do for example, icc 10 / 25 achievs on normal? Same with firelands / and those other mount achievs. Are they soloable as a dk?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskegarn View Post
    I couldn't find anything about achievments on page1 if it's soloable as well, i'm just curious. Can anyone confirm if it's possible to do for example, icc 10 / 25 achievs on normal? Same with firelands / and those other mount achievs. Are they soloable as a dk?
    That'd depend on the nature of each achievement. For instance the Majordomo achievement in Firelands (which is not even done during his fight), you need 6 people to do it (on 10m at least). And you also can't solo either 10m or 25m version of the Valithria achievement (the portals), you need at least n+1 people to do it (n being the number or portals that spawn - 3 on 10m and 8 on 25m if I recall correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    I was going to pull Valithria when I read this, I'll see if I can reset the instance and grab Captain Grondel and hopefully post a picture/video to confirm this.

Edit: Mob died while I pulled it to Putricide's room, but as far as I can tell this should work on bosses. Used it on Sister Sylvana and Captain Brandon, both of them ran around like idiots when Conflag was on them.

I apparently misread what Falagar112 said, I thought Conflag would actually straight up one-shot or kill targets over it's duration, which it indeed does not. This is a pretty cool find though, I assume the most relevant thing to do with it would be to use full dps gear/spec and perma-cc bosses while you just beat the living crap out of them.

Not sure how useful this will actually end up being though, I feel like the Plague Scientist would be much better on a number of encounters (at least at higher gear levels,) considering that most of the bosses, even on HC are pretty much just vengeance dispensers.
    If it has 100% uptime it could probably be used for Blood Queen 25H berserk for us folk with sub 500ilvl gear (depending on the aura damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskegarn View Post
    just to elaborate what Chromell said, there are some in ICC that simply are not possible
    regarding firelands, I doubt it, I've tried doing not an ambi turner, I just don't see that as being possible, and as Chromell said, only the penitient needs several people
    however, most of the glory-related achivements from bot/bwd are soloable, did the 3 first bosses in bot (including achis) on my 1 try, and 1. solo on them. however, if cho'gall's achieve is soloable, you need very good gear to get through p2, and you need to have a flawless p1
    in bwd, achieve-a-tron doesn't seem soloable to me, arcane annihilator is cast far to often. Aberrant behavior and keeping it in the family might be soloable with very good gear. the rest should be easy

but, grab a guy or 2. I did it yesterday, an ele shammy, and a SP and myself, we one-shotted almost all the bosses and got all the achievements (except achieve-a-tron)

Ok, thanks for the heads up! I know there's at least 3-4 of my friends that wants the achievs as well for mounts so I guess that's do able then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    You make it look so easy! Although it probably is at your gear level (not being forced to DPS during transitions and ~100k more HP than us non-Heroic folks). Very nice video though, no annoying music and a clean screen make it very easy to see what's going on and what you're doing.

What Rune addon do you use?
    DeBugRunes

Decided to 3 man Portal Jockey yesterday with 2 amazing healers, went without issue.

We were stuck for hours on end at "Been waiting a Long time for this" though, it's a rather annoying achievemenet to try and do all things concidered, today we are going to retry.

EDIT: one of the big sticking points for dealing with the achievement is, even after waiting for a second necrotic plague to hit, my damage is slightly too high, leaving the plague to starve without anyone near. Decided to switch some roles around with a monk tank(monk using about only the kegsmash) and healer, whilest I would pick up tanking the stuff for the second and third phase, concidering the Lich King's overall damage buff. Tactic was harsh on the healer because the monk tank tried his best not to deal too much damage.
    Last edited by susaku; 2013-04-28 at 10:13 AM.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    If it has 100% uptime it could probably be used for Blood Queen 25H berserk for us folk with sub 500ilvl gear (depending on the aura damage).
    Worked on Blood Queen 25h (was disoriented and nearly not attacking me at all), but when she enraged she obliterated the shit out of him and he lost the 500k hp he had left in one or two seconds. Managed to bring her down to 67%.

Hello! So I am far too lazy to read through 52 pages of text to attempt to better myself at soloing. AT LEAST. Not right now. Possibly later today. Anyways on to my little story.

So I am currently in 492 DPS gear on my DK. And want to start soloing ICC mainly. I loved the instance and would love to try to solo every boss minus Dreamwalker and hopefully someday solo LK on Heroic. But I have having quite some problems! Maybe it is my gear, but in Blood spec I seem to not do enough DPS to get past most bosses. I am now 4/12 (Saurfang was accidently on 10m but probably could do on 25m) And am working on Festergut or Rotface currently. Bottom line It seems I do not do enough DPS. Seems single target, on Festergut. I can max pull out 110k dps. Which seems very low. So is this just a gear issue? And until my gear improves to maybe ToT normal gear, will I not see any success in here? Or am I just doing it wrong.

Here is my armory if anyone wants to see my gear. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zhadi/advanced

OH and btw. If anyone knows any boots that I can xmog to sort of match my current xmog or my next set which is the icc 264 set please let me know! Thanks.

Also -.- I know my reforging is probably terrible. -.-

Deleted
    Are you using the Plague Scientists for the +100% damage buff?

o.O I read a bit about this last night after my attempts.. never knew I could MC them. But alas, i'm new to DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlarkin View Post
    Hello! So I am far too lazy to read through 52 pages of text to attempt to better myself at soloing. AT LEAST. Not right now. Possibly later today. Anyways on to my little story.

So I am currently in 492 DPS gear on my DK. And want to start soloing ICC mainly. I loved the instance and would love to try to solo every boss minus Dreamwalker and hopefully someday solo LK on Heroic. But I have having quite some problems! Maybe it is my gear, but in Blood spec I seem to not do enough DPS to get past most bosses. I am now 4/12 (Saurfang was accidently on 10m but probably could do on 25m) And am working on Festergut or Rotface currently. Bottom line It seems I do not do enough DPS. Seems single target, on Festergut. I can max pull out 110k dps. Which seems very low. So is this just a gear issue? And until my gear improves to maybe ToT normal gear, will I not see any success in here? Or am I just doing it wrong.

Here is my armory if anyone wants to see my gear. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zhadi/advanced

OH and btw. If anyone knows any boots that I can xmog to sort of match my current xmog or my next set which is the icc 264 set please let me know! Thanks.

Also -.- I know my reforging is probably terrible. -.-
    Just pick up the 522 valor gear as you get your hands on it. Also might want to try and get a LFR Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (I prefer it to Spark mainly because I don't have a Spark).

As for DPS issues after Saurfang you should be MCing a Plague Scientist and making him spam Plague Stream on you. Can't really say much else without more specifics. For example, are you dying to Festergut's Gastric Bloat ability or the Enrage timer?

Edit: Replace Dark Succor in your Blood spec for Pestilence.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Just pick up the 522 valor gear as you get your hands on it. Also might want to try and get a LFR Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (I prefer it to Spark mainly because I don't have a Spark).

As for DPS issues after Saurfang you should be MCing a Plague Scientist and making him spam Plague Stream on you. Can't really say much else without more specifics. For example, are you dying to Festergut's Gastric Bloat ability or the Enrage timer?

Edit: Replace Dark Succor in your Blood spec for Pestilence.
    Yeah I could do that. I have been trying to get all of the ToT lfr gear I can and Valor sadly only comes so fast. I might start doing some Normals but I doubt it as I am going to mainly raid on another class. Ranged dps are too strong -.-

I never knew this :P I think I killed the Scientists sadly lol. Good to know for next week though! And Well I was resetting stacks with AMS, but the last attempt I did which was only 3 actually. Did not have much time. I got him to maybe 35% and he had a minute left to Enrage. I got killed because AMS did not drop the stacks off. So I for sure think I would have died to Enrage anyways.

And why may I ask? I figured better healing would be better to use O.o