Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    If i could be more confident on ice spheres I would be able to dps through transitions but as of now im on the steps instead just outgearing the fight and zerging LK when he comes to me instead.
    Lucky geared you! :P
    Tried to stay outside at ~500ilvl, but was always a fail. Set your TidyPlates to filter only plates of LK and Ice Spheres, it makes it way less confusing.
    That was probably the best advice I got. Pretty obvious, but gave me a bit confidence
    If you do get silenced with an orb near you, strafe around the boss until silence is gone and then kill it. Use AMS for RP to deathcoil if needed.
    And about soloing. Assuming I'll finally get salyin banner (no comments on it's droprate, killed that guy over 40 times on 2 chars and didn't dropped, idk who was saying "medium" drop rate), what's min ilvl expected for yogg25+0?

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Tried to stay outside at ~500ilvl, but was always a fail. Set your TidyPlates to filter only plates of LK and Ice Spheres, it makes it way less confusing.
    That was probably the best advice I got. Pretty obvious, but gave me a bit confidence

And about soloing. Assuming I'll finally get salyin banner (no comments on it's droprate, killed that guy over 40 times on 2 chars and didn't dropped, idk who was saying "medium" drop rate), what's min ilvl expected for yogg25+0?
    according to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Z3A3RXc#gid=10
    515 and maybe lower

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post

I dont have tinyplates but I guess this is a good feature. I need a good macro to target ice sphere and deathcoil wihtout losing my current target if possible.
    Last edited by Aventhos; 2013-06-10 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    aight!
    i am absolutely going mental with valithria.
    i'd link my armory but i'm always in my dps gear,
    when i put on my tank gear in there i have 850k health,
    i've equipped thunderfury and another random one hander. both 1.9 speed.
    i am standing on her frigging head and heart striking for the life of me,
    vampiric blood is on cd.
    i'm death coil shielding her as often as rp allows, and the most i've ever gotten her to is 9.5 million.
    i'm focusing down the little healer shits first
    then the blazings
    then the mages.

i've seen many dks' in lesser gear do this, when mione did this the first time he had lesser gear than i do now.

does anybody else have the damn secret to this?
    Search this thread for posts by me, you'll see one that lists the couple things that make a difference. The one mistake I'm sure is causing you issues based on what you wrote is this: " i am standing on her frigging head and heart striking for the life of me"

You can't ever stand on her or the aoe spouts spawn on her and hurt her. You need to be just outside her hitbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    I dont have tinyplates but I guess this is a good feature. I need a good macro to target ice sphere and deathcoil wihtout losing my current target if possible.
    #showtooltip Death Coil
    /target Ice Sphere
    /cast Death Coil
    /targetlasttarget

enjoy
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Well after a lot of gear upgrading and being a brave worgen I finally got LK25 hc down! I kept wiping on 18% because I wasn't sitting in any remorseless winters so I decided to go and sit in both transitions. Was a lot easier to handle than expected! So glad I got this down, now I can farm for the one mount ive always wanted! Got to say a massive thanks to everyone in here for their help, the advice given was amazing!

For anyone wanting to check my gear, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...resco/advanced

Still need to change my first trinket for the VP one and a few other adjustments from LFR so I reckon I could probz get to ilvl515 if I pushed it, and even more with Vp upgrades. So this will only get easier for me.

Again, thanks all! ^^
    Last edited by Serelean; 2013-06-11 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Currently I'm struggling on Lich King l25 normal (never cleared on my DK on heroic, so I have to do this the hard way). I'm struggling with the icespheres - I never seem to have enough RP to deathcoil the icespheres. Any tips on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Abominae View Post
    Currently I'm struggling on Lich King l25 normal (never cleared on my DK on heroic, so I have to do this the hard way). I'm struggling with the icespheres - I never seem to have enough RP to deathcoil the icespheres. Any tips on this?
    The most reliable way to deal with ice spheres on any setting is Blood Boil. Crimson Scourge procs (Death and Decay on CD, of course) and Blood Runes alone should take care of what you need.

With all that being said, normal 25 Lich King should be quite a joke with currently available gear- to the point that you can safely stay by the Frozen Throne and simply let Ice Spheres safely hit you (the stairs to the throne won't let you get punted back), and still make the enrage safely.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    The most reliable way to deal with ice spheres on any setting is Blood Boil. Crimson Scourge procs (Death and Decay on CD, of course) and Blood Runes alone should take care of what you need..
    Thanks a lot. Any other tips for someone new at this?

Deleted
    twitch.tv/fnx1337/c/2409944

Just a random Ultraxion kill, nothing special with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominae View Post
    Thanks a lot. Any other tips for someone new at this?
    Death/Heart/Rune Strike them when they come down. It takes a second or two for them to become active and target someone and during which time you can one shot them with a melee attack and not have to deal with the silences and such. Someone posted it a couple of pages back and used it on my last kill, worked like a charm.

A question about beth'tilac soloing: soloed her long ago with like 495 item level, I think, and can probably be done with less. However, now with 526 item level I was trying to 3-man the 25-man version with a frost mage in 516 or so and a ret paladin in 480 or so, and turns out that we barely had the dps to get her (she has 53 millions on 25-man) to 5 millions before the 3rd smoldering devastation, we tried to time it to get her to 5,7 millions, so she casts the devastation, and then burn her down before she goes down, but she always survived with some hp, even just 87k once... and then what, she heals EVERY single time. I can survive 20 seconds to the bombardment of the spiderlings, but she heals like to 15-20 millions, just impossible.

I also tried to 2-man the 10-man version with an undergeared 437 blood dk and a shadow priest, but same problem, she keeps healing when she goes down, else we would be able to kill her.

I know that she eats nearby spiders which heal her 10%, but is there a way to prevent this? I remember even having perfect tries on 10-man solo on my blood dk in which I killed her cause she didn't heal, and others ruined cause she healed 3-4 times.

What are the ideal enchants for soloing? Besides of course fallen on wep. Should i be going dps enchants or more tank enchants. Or is there really only one? Havent played my dk so not really sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikenz View Post
    What are the ideal enchants for soloing? Besides of course fallen on wep. Should i be going dps enchants or more tank enchants. Or is there really only one? Havent played my dk so not really sure.
    Very few fights call for tank gear/gem/enchants and you can find those with the spreadsheet on the first page. For the most part just roll with your dps gear and reforge as also described on the front page.

Today I accomplished something that I thought I would never actually see through to the end. I ended up finally completing Shadowmourne! I never got a chance to get one in Wrath, didn't bother with it in Cataclysm and decided to get the legendary mostly by soloing ICC every week, eventually clearing most of the instance on Heroic to get more shards. There were so many times I just wanted to say forget it and give up: Hours upon hours of learning how to do Valithria, 1% wipes on Heroic Lana'thel, and the general monotony of the instance really got to me on many occasions. This was also the last legendary that my DK could earn (own Thunderfury, Sulfuras, Glaives,) so I decided to end up seeing it out to the very end. I even brought some guildmates of mine along this final time to get a friend of mine started on his own weapon.

This might be a lot of text for getting a weapon in a video game, but the emotional investment I put into getting this thing after years of wanting it made it all worth it. Because of wanting this thing I've met some awesome players, had the privilege of getting to know all of you in the DK Solo community, and have had an absolute blast playing my favorite class in the entire game. Having all of the effort that everyone has put into every post in this thread about ICC culminate into my favorite lore character handing me such an amazing and iconic weapon made every single minute I spent worth it. Thank you all so much, every single person who has ever contributed to this thread was a part of me achieving this goal!

Since someone asked about Valithria, here's a video of me doing it:

The main thing that got me a kill was figuring out the correct kill priority. I killed Supressors first but made sure that if I could kill or interrupt an Archmage that I did so over anything else. The Blazing Skeletons in particular don't actually do anything, their damage is pretty much non-existant and they also don't do any damage to Valithria at all. A bunch of my kills probably had 10-20 of them up at the same time near the end due to the soft enrage. Don't worry too much about min-maxing, make sure to stay out of Valithria's hitbox a little bit so that the frost jets don't hit her and try to just focus on doing the best you can in any given attempt. My best kills were honestly ones where I zoned out and just went with the flow without worrying about what percent Valithria was at. Good luck!
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2013-06-12 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Today I accomplished something that I thought I would never actually see through to the end. I ended up finally completing Shadowmourne! I never got a chance to get one in Wrath, didn't bother with it in Cataclysm and decided to get the legendary mostly by soloing ICC every week, eventually clearing most of the instance on Heroic to get more shards. There were so many times I just wanted to say forget it and give up: Hours upon hours of learning how to do Valithria, 1% wipes on Heroic Lana'thel, and the general monotony of the instance really got to me on many occasions. This was also the last legendary that my DK could earn (own Thunderfury, Sulfuras, Glaives,) so I decided to end up seeing it out to the very end. I even brought some guildmates of mine along this final time to get a friend of mine started on his own weapon.

This might be a lot of text for getting a weapon in a video game, but the emotional investment I put into getting this thing after years of wanting it made it all worth it. Because of wanting this thing I've met some awesome players, had the privilege of getting to know all of you in the DK Solo community, and have had an absolute blast playing my favorite class in the entire game. Having all of the effort that everyone has put into every post in this thread about ICC culminate into my favorite lore character handing me such an amazing and iconic weapon made every single minute I spent worth it. Thank you all so much, every single person who has ever contributed to this thread was a part of me achieving this goal!
    Congrats! It's definitely my favorite weapon that I wish I could use. I only hope someday we get a personal transmog option that allows us to use our legendary weapons, until then it's Sulfuras 2.0 for me!
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-06-12 at 09:58 AM.

No idea at all if there's a way to prevent beth'tilac from healing when solo, or is it just rng, or if there's a specific timing you need to avoid her eating spiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    No idea at all if there's a way to prevent beth'tilac from healing when solo, or is it just rng, or if there's a specific timing you need to avoid her eating spiders?
    Every time I did Beth'tilac all I did was stay up and beat her up the whole time, then go down when she did and killed her. I don't think she ever healed so it was nothing I did on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Did this fight a few times myself, never had issues with her healing. Remember not only does Beth eat spiderlings, the drones eat them too. So most likely you got bad rng where a spiderling pack just spawned when you went down, before a drone ate them all. Can't remember if you can see spiderling DBM timers or not, but if you can, try to time going down a little bit after they spawned to give the drones time to eat them, or, abit earlier just before they spawn.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Did this fight a few times myself, never had issues with her healing. Remember not only does Beth eat spiderlings, the drones eat them too. So most likely you got bad rng where a spiderling pack just spawned when you went down, before a drone ate them all. Can't remember if you can see spiderling DBM timers or not, but if you can, try to time going down a little bit after they spawned to give the drones time to eat them, or, abit earlier just before they spawn.
    Ok, I will check if I can see that timer or not. To make it clear, I can easily solo 10-man since I had 495 item level dps gear, now 526, my only problem is that even in those kills, sometimes she healed 5 millions, making it impossible to kill her. This problem was mostly in 3-manning the 25-man version, we have enough dps and I can survive 20 seconds down to finish her, but she healed the second she went down, from 1 million to 20, 25 millions, and from here it's just a wipe. Also, this happened every single time, 2 hours of tries, so I doubt it's just bad rng, think there's like you said some timing involved to avoid spiderlings.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2013-06-13 at 01:24 PM.