Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Weird, 530 is by far more than enough to beat the enrage. Make sure to DPS hard while you get eaten since you deal more damage then.

What do you mean by Nefarian phase?
    I'm doing it in blood spec, otherwise I can't stay up. Maybe that's hamstringing my necessary DPS.

This is for heroic so around 30%, Nefarian pops up in the background and starts shooting crap at the raid.

Is it impossible to kill Festergut 25 now that you can't drop the stacks with AMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Is it impossible to kill Festergut 25 now that you can't drop the stacks with AMS?
    AMS can still prevent stacks with proper timing, the rest is all up to your DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I'm doing it in blood spec, otherwise I can't stay up. Maybe that's hamstringing my necessary DPS.
    That's fairly obvious, everyone will solo this in a blood spec (however it might be worth a challenge to try it with a dps spec with high gear )

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    This is for heroic so around 30%, Nefarian pops up in the background and starts shooting crap at the raid.
    Ah, I remember. The boss still has all his abilities while Nefarian comes up, so moar skeletons spawn. You just have to outheal the additional Nef stuff while raping the boss. I think you don't get hit while you get eaten, but I'm not exactly sure about that.

5.4 nerfs hit this fight hard I guess, but your gear should very much offset this :/

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly does one handle Heroic Chimaeron? It seems quite fun and I don't want to use the lolSpirit of Corehammer. I specced into Death Siphon but I keep dying to double attacks

So Mendebarr has done some theory crafting for DW unholy with death siphon spam instead of SS. in a fully buffed raid environment its something like a 2% dps loss in return for around 30-35k HPS. I'm wondering how this would effect solo'ing certain encounters or have you tinkered around with it yet Mione?

Quote Originally Posted by OrioneTerenas View Post
    So Mendebarr has done some theory crafting for DW unholy with death siphon spam instead of SS. in a fully buffed raid environment its something like a 2% dps loss in return for around 30-35k HPS. I'm wondering how this would effect solo'ing certain encounters or have you tinkered around with it yet Mione?
    Is this a 2% dps loss compared to blood dps or unholy 2h?
    got a link for this to share?
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

@Mionee have you thought about giving Garalon LFR another try since you managed to get it to 40% before, or don't you think it's worth a try for whatever reason?

http://www.destinysoftworks.com/

to the guy who wanted info about the dw unholy

Quote Originally Posted by OrioneTerenas View Post
    http://www.destinysoftworks.com/

to the guy who wanted info about the dw unholy

Basically, without changing anything except your healing tier talent, you have the option during damage intensive phases to spam death siphon at minimal loss or spam death siphon at range.

In the end, 2h unholy still provides more damage and in a raid situations, where you have healers, will provide more throughput and on movement intensive fights where the boss jumps around, switching to death siphon spam provides an intermediate alternative.

As this applies to soloing, it might be great for old encounters that are just as easily soloable as blood. It could speed them up. The problem is, on current expansion encounters, 35k hps usually isn't enough to keep you alive (and again, if it is, it's probably already been done as blood.) As for having a gear requirement at 580 to even get that much hps, you'll be able to solo everything up to current content with that gear level as blood anyways.

So I don't think there are any encounters left where this would be useful because the requirements would be low incoming damage (keep in mind you can get crit in unholy presence and you take far more damage while having less avoidance (and switching to blood presence defeats the purpose of spamming death siphon in the first place because of how far your damage will drop)) and high outgoing damage (something that requires the extra 100k dps you would gain which is something like a 40% wipe as blood due to enrage.)

EDIT: Garalon might actually fit the description of requirements. AMS and AMZ pheromone stacks, diseases on everything ticking rather highly due to unholy mastery, the ability to deal damage at range, the pet to help soak damage (might be able to break mechanics with it, unsure though without trying. I don't think pets can be targets of pheromones anymore), higher dps, the fact that there is a lot of magical damage from pheromones that blood shield doesnt help with, etc... The only problem may be garalons frontal cone thing. It requires people to soak else Garalon gains stacks of damage increase buff.
    Last edited by Vladimeir; 2013-10-18 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Gave him a go last week
    I had 510 gear dps in blood spec
    I had to really push to make the timer in the end he died and so did I simutaneously wich sucked cause I had to open a ticket for the loot

I averaged a 270k dps using the regular buffs + army prepot+hero at start ( tried saving hero for more stacks but it didnt work as well)
    Also use the scientist if you already dont.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdur View Post
    Gave him a go last week
    I had 510 gear dps in blood spec
    I had to really push to make the timer in the end he died and so did I simutaneously wich sucked cause I had to open a ticket for the loot

I averaged a 270k dps using the regular buffs + army prepot+hero at start ( tried saving hero for more stacks but it didnt work as well)
    Also use the scientist if you already dont.
    Use a DPS specialization on that particular fight (I imagine the changes in 5.4 will have made it much easier) and try to get stacks of Gastric Bloat on your ghouls/Plague Scientist.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Use Conversion instead, with last tier or this tier's gear one tick of Conversion is enough to get over 10k HP.
    Death Strike on double attacks, top yourself before the last phase, and that's it.
    Thanks! Conversion really helped :)

Deleted
    Did a couple bosses in DS the other day as frost, was its pretty much a zergfest now with the gear.

Deleted
    Few questions to you awesome soloers, what kind of stats/talents/gear should one aim for with Soo out? I'd assume Thok trinket atleast, looking at Mione he's using blood tap, is it way better than RC for damage/survivability? Right now I run with 7.5 hit/exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery, sitting at 10500 haste (only access to lfr) and 21%ish crit... should I use blood tap, drop some haste and reforge mastery instead?

Edit: Also I socket str as main with haste as second, is straight crit gems much better dps? And what about the meta, with the nerf to the legendary dps one, should you use the old str/crit dmg one instead?
    Last edited by mmoc58a1da2741; 2013-10-19 at 10:13 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamlin View Post
    Few questions to you awesome soloers, what kind of stats/talents/gear should one aim for with Soo out? I'd assume Thok trinket atleast, looking at Mione he's using blood tap, is it way better than RC for damage/survivability? Right now I run with 7.5 hit/exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery, sitting at 10500 haste (only access to lfr) and 21%ish crit... should I use blood tap, drop some haste and reforge mastery instead?

Edit: Also I socket str as main with haste as second, is straight crit gems much better dps? And what about the meta, with the nerf to the legendary dps one, should you use the old str/crit dmg one instead?

Use whatever rune talent you're comfortable with - Blood Tap isn't a DPS increase unless you play it right, and even then it's somewhat small.
    Don't reforge to mastery unless you're trying a boss like the Stone Guard, and even then you will want a judicious amount of critical strike reforging.
    Don't even think of using the non-legendary meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    @Mionee have you thought about giving Garalon LFR another try since you managed to get it to 40% before, or don't you think it's worth a try for whatever reason?
    That would be kinda boring imo; Garalon doesn't even do anything interesting, or even threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    That would be kinda boring imo; Garalon doesn't even do anything interesting, or even threatening.
    Well I just rembered it after I saw the tortos video and thought I could ask.

Deleted
    I'm ready to solo LK 25 heroic on my alt DK.

What's the stat itemisation for max dmg output as blood?

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc142a69d787; 2013-10-20 at 04:51 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    I'm ready to solo LK 25 heroic on my alt DK.

What's the stat itemisation for max dmg output as blood?

Thanks
    Full critical strike reforges.