Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Sadly yes, it's the best way, we blood dks are really strong in survival if we can hit the enemy, if we can't, we can only use death pact, maybe LB if you can get some rp out, IBF, AMS, bone shield to mitigate a bit the damage and kite a bit if you can.

This is fun stuff though, I remember letting magtheridon enrage at 85, took 22 mins or so, but I could outheal it fully without attacking him pre enrage, then I wiped in dps gear, put tank gear on, easier but still challenging, also did in cata lots of other tbc bosses enraged, like hyjal anetheron, kaz'rogal, azgalor (this last was really hard, 22k quick hits), black temple almost done supremus, done teron, SSC done karathress but only without him being empowered by adds, also done hydross I think, and also leotheras, either enraged or managed to kill the demon form (2,6 mil hp and stacking debuff). Also did void reaver in TK, al'ar, although the hp was low due to adds dying and removing hp to the boss, as for sunwell I was able to do felmyst, was annoying due to the fog, took over 20 mins and enraged 2 times! He enrages, 5 mins and it fades, 5 mins and enrages, lol. Wasn't able to do others in sunwell (in cata ofc).
    After having tried it out, I've found that outhealing enrages is REALLY fun!

Hmmmm - I actually achieved a similar result without a healer by equipping Flame Wrath and switching to my normal weapon right before the enrage. My level 85 death knight was already in Naxxramas so I tried out Patchwerk 10 and Grobbulus 25. Patchwerk didn't go too well, as even with that weak a weapon he still only enraged at 15%, and killing him from there was a joke; he died before IBF and Lichborne even ran out (I did get a massive amount of Vengeance though, which was pretty cool). Next week, I'll bring a healer and try outhealing Patchwerk 25 and Kil'jaeden on my level 85 death knight. Soloing that fight (Patchwerk 25) is very easy even at 85, but I'd have to use valuable cooldowns before he enraged.

Grobbulus 25, however, was more interesting. He enraged around 40% (he actually has a 9 minute enrage, not a 12 minute one - I found that out after not realizing that he was large and red with 3 minutes left on the DBM timer, died pretty quickly) and I was able to bring him from 40% to zero very, very quickly. I had run out of cooldowns by the time he reached ~8%ish, which was really scary, but I managed to kill him!

I'll give Feng a shot on my ilevel 520 death knight, which will be fun ~
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-02-20 at 10:39 PM.

Solo Valithria Dreamwalker 10 HC.
    I have a problem where my Death Coil is remobved almost imediately from her. Any ideas why? Any workarounds?
    Any change from ordinary 10 man who must be killed first?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    After having tried it out, I've found that outhealing enrages is REALLY fun!
    It really is a completely different event compared to your normal soloing. I went for Haraga 10hc last tuesday for the first time and hit berserk around 40%ish. I was sure it would be a wipe, but IBF chained with DRW gave me some absolutely ridiculous numbers, RS was critting for almost 800k IIRC. It's really fun to pit yourself against some mechanics you're "not supposed" to survive. Zon'ozz 25 is a pretty good fight to test your outlast skills too @ lvl90.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

I had 2 brain phases in my first kill as well (ilvl 52X, no legendary meta, no legendary nor epic cloak), and had only two crushers in p3.
    The only 'nerf' since then is the Vengeance change which doesn't change anything til the end of p3 (Vengeance doesn't exist before that part anyway) and is more than offset by the survivability changes when tanking a lot of mobs (SoB), or the addition of Regenerative Magic.
    Sanity has also been completely removed from the fight which means you should do brain phases SUPER quickly now, as you no longer have to turn around to avoid skulls and stuff. Just rush straight to the mobs, abuse heart strike in ICC, in every other one use only single rune abilities such as IT/PS (you can let diseases finish off the first few tentacles in Sartharion/Stormwind) and go FAST. Disregard the skulls entirely.
    What do you mean by sanity has been completely removed from the fight? Unless I'm missing something when you hit 0 you still go insane. After just testing this myself of course 5 minutes ago >_>

- - - Updated - - -

oh and everyone will be happy to know (if they care >_>) i finally got LK down. Weapon upgrade did the trick and messed around with a simple target ice sphere macro and just focused LK for easy target switching.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    What do you mean by sanity has been completely removed from the fight? Unless I'm missing something when you hit 0 you still go insane. After just testing this myself of course 5 minutes ago >_>

- - - Updated - - -

oh and everyone will be happy to know (if they care >_>) i finally got LK down. Weapon upgrade did the trick and messed around with a simple target ice sphere macro and just focused LK for easy target switching.
    You can't lose sanity in p2 which was a big part of the fight. Now you can just zerg your way through brain phases without having to care about sanity (as it's damn near impossible to die to sanity loss in p3).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    It really is a completely different event compared to your normal soloing. I went for Haraga 10hc last tuesday for the first time and hit berserk around 40%ish. I was sure it would be a wipe, but IBF chained with DRW gave me some absolutely ridiculous numbers, RS was critting for almost 800k IIRC. It's really fun to pit yourself against some mechanics you're "not supposed" to survive. Zon'ozz 25 is a pretty good fight to test your outlast skills too @ lvl90.
    Did you solo Zon'ozz 25? It's not marked on the spreadsheet if I recall correctly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Did you solo Zon'ozz 25? It's not marked on the spreadsheet if I recall correctly.
    Nah, doubt it's possible in MoP, the dps requirement is way too high. If he dealt some significant damage at the beginning the fight would be trivial, but the damage ramp up is way too slow. The survival challenge, however, is quite fun :P

I mean, towards the 4 minute mark Zon'ozz has around 35 stacks and swings for around 100k twice a second. My record is 44 stacks
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2014-02-21 at 05:56 AM.

Hello. I clear every week Ulduar with my DK and it gets annoying. Is there any possibility to keep my save at yogg only to kill him? I have my main, a 90 DK and a lvl 80 monk. Can i somehow save the monk and take the save back every week on my DK? If this is possible, pls tell me how. THank you very much.

Or better have a save on a lower level character, because i use my monk for herald and i want to run ulduar with him.

Was this in some sort of Hotfix that requires realm restarts? I"m definitely still being zapped down randomly to about 28 sanity before portals open.

Also have issues with the crusher not preventing me from being constricted but that's something different and I"m assuming I just wasn't as close as I needed to be for that one.
    This was fixed long ago but only for 25 man, are you doing 10 man maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    This was fixed long ago but only for 25 man, are you doing 10 man maybe?
    yes I mistakenly had it in 10 man when I attempted it earlier. Realizing everything was dying too quickly and what not.

and I must say its ridiculous how close you have to be to the Crushers to not get constricted. If they spawn accross the room a simple snare makes the rocket boost not get you there in time before the next constrictor. I think i'm getting it down though.

- - - Updated - - -

I know most people tend to wait for higher item level before trying yogg but spent the better half of this morning working on him. I definitely don't have the damange to bring down the brain quick enough in 2 phases as blood but don't have the survivability to clean up/handle the immortals as frost or unholy during phase 3. (when doing it as dps specs I was remaining in frost/unholy pressence respectively, i'm assuming that's how they're done in dps) If there's one thing these attempts taught me is that it's been way too long since i've spent anytime as unholy spec.

yes I mistakenly had it in 10 man when I attempted it earlier. Realizing everything was dying too quickly and what not.

and I must say its ridiculous how close you have to be to the Crushers to not get constricted. If they spawn accross the room a simple snare makes the rocket boost not get you there in time before the next constrictor. I think i'm getting it down though.

- - - Updated - - -

I know most people tend to wait for higher item level before trying yogg but spent the better half of this morning working on him. I definitely don't have the damange to bring down the brain quick enough in 2 phases as blood but don't have the survivability to clean up/handle the immortals as frost or unholy during phase 3. (when doing it as dps specs I was remaining in frost/unholy pressence respectively, i'm assuming that's how they're done in dps) If there's one thing these attempts taught me is that it's been way too long since i've spent anytime as unholy spec.
    Yes, that's how it's done. I personally always had troubles doing it as frost, took glyph of outbreak as well to put diseases on constrictors, but I had 564 when I killed it, 554 as blood and atm with 564 it's faster as frost and also more reliable, I just kite the adds backwards around yogg and keep dpsing him and he heals once, then he dies (during the healing actually), but at 554 I was getting destroyed by the adds, blood has been much more reliable back then.

finally got my first Yogg 25m alone in the darkness solo, felt so good

big thank you to everyone in this thread for all the advice and motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Yes, that's how it's done. I personally always had troubles doing it as frost, took glyph of outbreak as well to put diseases on constrictors, but I had 564 when I killed it, 554 as blood and atm with 564 it's faster as frost and also more reliable, I just kite the adds backwards around yogg and keep dpsing him and he heals once, then he dies (during the healing actually), but at 554 I was getting destroyed by the adds, blood has been much more reliable back then.
    yea right now I"m sitting at 528 since the new weapon upgrade so I'm no where near those item levels. I'm also sitting on too much mastery even after reforging so I could use a few pieces that don't have as much. I"m thinking of bringing a buddy in with me to yogg so I can still kill him in the mean time. My two options I was considering haven't seen the fight yet however so it'll be a bit to introduce them to.

I have a question regarding Maloriak: why does Death and Decay prevent the application of flash freeze on yourself? I could not find any hint about that in the description of the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Halx View Post
    I have a question regarding Maloriak: why does Death and Decay prevent the application of flash freeze on yourself? I could not find any hint about that in the description of the spell.
    It does not prevent the application, it merely breaks the ice tomb with damage - it's attackable, normally someone else could just free you but since you are alone you need ground effect damage (or AMS) to get rid of it.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

H LK 25 issues:

551 dps gear in blood spec . having issues with frostmourne chambers , especially targeting the adds . tried speccing to gorfiend grasp but didn't make a difference . any tricks/hints etc to make this phase shorter? (doing around - 160-210K , not hitting during remorsless winter)

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    H LK 25 issues:

551 dps gear in blood spec . having issues with frostmourne chambers , especially targeting the adds . tried speccing to gorfiend grasp but didn't make a difference . any tricks/hints etc to make this phase shorter? (doing around - 160-210K , not hitting during remorsless winter)
    You have to wait the whole 45 seconds on heroic difficulty. Just run around and don't get hit by them. Watch your timers and be sure to refresh your diseases/soul reaper before he sends you in there.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    H LK 25 issues:

On Heroic you have to sit in Frostmourne for a fixed amount of time. Just try to Death Strike the lower adds to keep a Bloodshield and your health topped off while Blood Boiling the excess down. I found that alt tabbing was generally good enough for what I needed down there, especially after a Blood Boil to remove the initial bunch of spirits.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out with Halion. The problem I'm having (this is 25N by the way @ilevel 520) is the Corporeality never works correctly. My DPS is sufficiently high enough to down even 25H easily with Corporeality increases, but the "invisible companions" only showed up on my first attempt (which I sadly had to end because of a RL obligation); Corporeality increased to 80-90% on this try. On subsequent attempts, he hovers between 30 and 50% corporeality, and I don't dare leave the Twilight Realm for fear of messing this up further.

The healing ensures that he stays at ~50% the entire fight.

Deleted
    i really like it its verry nice