Deleted
    The main issue is probably that the Beth'tilac boss fight is quite a buggy mess while soloing. Sometimes the spiderlings walk through the middle when she goes down and sometimes they don't.

Exactly, I said you have 8 seconds obviously because I meant that's the time you have before you go down.

Often it happens that when you go down (even in other difficulties, but I had it happen more often on 25 normal than 10 man) that small spiders get close to beth, healing her up to such an amount that you won't be able to kill her before you die.

----

Other thing, was trying majordomo 25 hc again with the dark animus trinket and full dodge gear, 22,5% dodge and only 150% mastery and best tries always around 30% after boss enraged at 60% (survived max 2 mins to enrage) and I noticed that the adds were so many that their 30k hits were pretty relevant compared to the boss' 250k hits, so I aoe'd some with blood boil and I was able to survive pretty long without stacks of the trinket, just because there were 5 or less adds (5 actually help you more than 0 thanks to scent of blood ofc).

So I wonder, if I went full mastery reforging I'd get very close to 300% mastery (although obviously less avoidance); considering majordomo only has a +500% damage and +150% attack speed enrage, so he's hitting for 200-250k and quite fast, would it be possible to outheal the boss and a very small amount of adds with that gear set (around 570 item level), any ideas (in before I reforge and regem everything ofc)?

Question: Is Blood Shield able to negate applications of Phase Punch from Algalon? This guide seems to suggest it. My intuition says no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Question: Is Blood Shield able to negate applications of Phase Punch from Algalon? This guide seems to suggest it. My intuition says no.
    Naturally it doesn't prevent the debuffs. The only thing I noticed with a quick glance was the fact that the blood DK can build a blood shield before tank switch, nothing more. Was there something else that suggested (very, very falsely) that BS would negate the debuff?

Ah, never mind, I misinterpreted the sentence.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you bounce the ball on Zon'ozz? On nearly all of my attempts it just goes straight through him - sometimes he does go into a Black Blood phase, but it's very inconsistent, and I'd like to know how this actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    How do you bounce the ball on Zon'ozz? On nearly all of my attempts it just goes straight through him - sometimes he does go into a Black Blood phase, but it's very inconsistent, and I'd like to know how this actually works.
    The ball has a cool down on bouncing. Everytime it bounces it redirects into the direction it came from. So if you want to gather some stacks or get a better positioning you simply run into the ball as soon as it starts glowing, which indicates it can trigger, and if you want the boss to trigger it you should at best use some kind of sppeed boost to run ahead of the orb on cool down with the boss in your back so that as soon as the orb is getting active again it runs into the boss.

Without nitro boosts the timing can get a bit ugly because you aren't that much faster than the ball normally and hitboxes etc but still pretty manageable might need some tries of practice to get a better feeling for the trigger cd and trigger range.

What is surely not working is running into the ball to kick it into Zon'Ozz direction and hope it triggers, the cd is too long for that, you have to run ahead so the boss is between you and the orb.

You hit the ball the last time before you want it to hit boss, and it should move in the direction the boss is; at this point you use death's advance (not needed but helps) and go through the boss (the ball should be following you and boss at this point) and get some distance between you and boss, so ball hits boss and phase triggers.

On that note it's very important to know that the ball only collides every 5 seconds, therefore if you don't give it the time from the previous impact it may go through boss like you said.

----

On another note, finally got nefarian 25 hc down, 73 wipes but let's say I learnt to manage enrage better since 15-20, I mean, I already knew how to use cds, but it all depends on the specific enrage, in this case it was about: 1) luck on animus trinket procs, 2) knowing when you really need to use a cd or when you can wait, especially with AMS for breaths, 3) knowing where to kite for shadowblaze sparks and for add positioning to keep the stacks up as long as possible, 4) knowing when NOT to prioritize soul reaper over death strike depending on amount of shield and stacks you have.

Will edit with a screenshot in a few mins, fixing the video as well ofc, I know it's already been done but it was just fun managing to do it (requires 3 mins of enrage outhealing, reminds me of thaddius in cata, was 10 mins but it didn't have an attack speed buff in enrage) and satisfying, I'd say 2nd hardest for me, right after al'akir 25 hc.

As for my question about majordomo, I have a feeling 300% mastery wouldn't be enough cause he just hits very fast for 200-300k, but I'm not sure. All I know is I won't bother, best try 102 out of 367 mil and I want to leave the dark animus trinket soloing with a victory (nefarian), not with a defeat!

And here's nefarian screen for now, kill and damage.

https://imageshack.com/i/eyYXJvLKj
    https://imageshack.com/i/iqZcl2nqj
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-10-09 at 03:24 PM.

Well done!

Did you use Control Undead- if the skeletons' damage is buffed by the enrage as well (I don't know about this?) that would be very nice.

Just downloaded the PTR today, and wow. On an item level 463 death knight, I
    a) Pulled all the trash to Yor'sahj and killed him.
    b) Got Zon'ozz to 15% without even bouncing the ball - probably doable with a few more attempts.
    c) Beat Hagara's enrage with a lightning phase first??

Is this all a consequence of the squish and Vengeance scaling, or what? Most of these are not possible without much higher item levels today.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-10-09 at 07:41 PM.

has there been any word on how they are changing valirthria with the removal of things like Blood Worms? I remember reading months ago they talked about making her skippable but haven't heard anything since. How is she on Beta right now?

The door beyond Valithria is open when you kill Sister Svalna (or whatever her name is), so you can walk right past her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    has there been any word on how they are changing valirthria with the removal of things like Blood Worms? I remember reading months ago they talked about making her skippable but haven't heard anything since. How is she on Beta right now?
    You can just run through the center of the room to the elevator, the fight only starts if you aggro the casters / start healing the boss.

Not sure who here it was that said the Elegon enrage skipping tactic was fixed - it absolutely wasn't. Watching Treckie do it on his stream I was inspired to try it for myself on an alt DK and can confirm the boss will indeed stop his enrage cast if you phase him at the right time, so in other words it's completely unchanged. So if you've been skipping soloing him be sure to do it now - it might not be as easy next week in 6.0.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Not sure who here it was that said the Elegon enrage skipping tactic was fixed - it absolutely wasn't. Watching Treckie do it on his stream I was inspired to try it for myself on an alt DK and can confirm the boss will indeed stop his enrage cast if you phase him at the right time, so in other words it's completely unchanged. So if you've been skipping soloing him be sure to do it now - it might not be as easy next week in 6.0.
    It definitely wasn't working when I tried it last, and some others reported the same. I don't know what's up with this. Regardless with your gear you can probably beat the enrage as Unholy, so it wouldn't really be an issue either way I guess ><

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    It definitely wasn't working when I tried it last, and some others reported the same. I don't know what's up with this. Regardless with your gear you can probably beat the enrage as Unholy, so it wouldn't really be an issue either way I guess ><
    Like I said, I oneshot it on my alt DK (of ilevel 579) as Blood with zero problems. I watched a streamer do it live and then did the exact same literally 15 minutes afterward and it worked exactly as expected. What you were experiencing was probably mistiming phasing him. (Or less likely, it was actually broken for some time and now it's been reverted to its original incarnation, but I doubt that)
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Well done!

Did you use Control Undead- if the skeletons' damage is buffed by the enrage as well (I don't know about this?) that would be very nice.

Just downloaded the PTR today, and wow. On an item level 463 death knight, I
    a) Pulled all the trash to Yor'sahj and killed him.
    b) Got Zon'ozz to 15% without even bouncing the ball - probably doable with a few more attempts.
    c) Beat Hagara's enrage with a lightning phase first??

Is this all a consequence of the squish and Vengeance scaling, or what? Most of these are not possible without much higher item levels today.
    Thanks, and no, I didn't try control undead, but I know bloodworms for sure and probably ghoul (normal one, not army) scale with vengeance, so wouldn't be sure about the scaling of nefarian's adds.

As for the soloing on ptr, was this all at 90? And did you have any buff vs DS stuff? Someone said that you will probably get the buff vs them, but I had heard only if you're level 100.

The stat squish should work the same way for both bosses and us, so I don't think that should make a difference, unless blizzard failed on numbers ofc.

Also, you said vengeance scaling... isn't vengeance gone as of patch 6.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Not gone in the sense that tanks no longer receive a tanking buff while in combat. With patch 6.0, the buff is now called Resolve, but it only buffs active mitigation, not DPS. Tanks get attack power rolled into their mastery, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Thanks, and no, I didn't try control undead, but I know bloodworms for sure and probably ghoul (normal one, not army) scale with vengeance, so wouldn't be sure about the scaling of nefarian's adds.

As for the soloing on ptr, was this all at 90? And did you have any buff vs DS stuff? Someone said that you will probably get the buff vs them, but I had heard only if you're level 100.

The stat squish should work the same way for both bosses and us, so I don't think that should make a difference, unless blizzard failed on numbers ofc.

Hmmm, I thought Army does scale with Vengeance?

Yes, this was a level 90 death knight in 463 blues without use of Drums of Rage/Drums of Forgotten Kings/Runescroll of Fortitude III or even a prepot. If I were to use these then Zon'ozz would be easily doable without the ball; I had no trouble outhealing 15 stacks of Focused Anger and would be able to handle more with cooldowns. Regardless I killed him on the subsequent attempt normally, and even that isn't possible with 463 item level today. This is really broken xD, it's a pity I can't copy my main over

I just plugged the numbers into Mione's spreadsheet, and it appears that you do get a buff (50% damage taken reduction and 300% damage increase). It's kind of strange that level 90s get buffs versus Cataclysm content, but level 100s get no buff versus MoP content :P

I was referring to Resolve - I'm fairly certain I'll be calling it Vengeance for a while - old habits die hard!
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-10-11 at 06:06 AM.

Hmmm, I thought Army does scale with Vengeance?

Yes, this was a level 90 death knight in 463 blues without use of Drums of Rage/Drums of Forgotten Kings/Runescroll of Fortitude III or even a prepot. If I were to use these then Zon'ozz would be easily doable without the ball; I had no trouble outhealing 15 stacks of Focused Anger and would be able to handle more with cooldowns. Regardless I killed him on the subsequent attempt normally, and even that isn't possible with 463 item level today. This is really broken xD, it's a pity I can't copy my main over

I just plugged the numbers into Mione's spreadsheet, and it appears that you do get a buff (50% damage taken reduction and 300% damage increase). It's kind of strange that level 90s get buffs versus Cataclysm content, but level 100s get no buff versus MoP content :P

I was referring to Resolve - I'm fairly certain I'll be calling it Vengeance for a while - old habits die hard!
    No, army doesn't scale with vengeance, I and the other dk who soloed nefarian didn't use it at enrage for this reason, army does 4 millions always, so you would notice it if it did 12-16 at an enrage.

And yes, by buffs I obviously didn't mean standard buffs, because the only boss in DS you can do (on live) in less than 500 item level should be yor'sahj, did it on an alt with 487 long time ago and still had 3 mins to enrage, ignored blobs, took 3 mobs for vengeance (the numbers on spreadsheet are before the vengeance nerf which happened with 5.4, they're all a bit higher now except yor).

I meant that 50% and 300% you said, and it appears that this will have bigger numbers when you are 100 vs cata, and yes, it's weird that you don't get it as 100 vs mop.

As for resolve, I wouldn't really call it vengeance any more since, as I only solo stuff on my dk, when I see high vengeance I'm used to think "yes, 1 million dps!", not "yes, more healing with abilities!", lol.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-10-11 at 02:18 PM.

Thank you for the clarification Mione.

I don't think it's accurate to say that you can't do any other DS boss on live in sub-500 gear. Yor'sahj can of course be done on a fresh 90, but Morchok can as well.

As for the other bosses, they are doable with a good weapon. I did Zon'ozz with 496 ilevel and a 544 weapon. With a 582 heirloom weapon I wouldn't be surprised if you could do 8/8 DS in < 500 ilevel.